Advice from Noona

I'm 16 and I'm a MOM!?

 

Jin Kyong’s POV

“Are you done writing the questions down yet?” My feet were tapping to its own rhythm.

“Neh!” He beamed, cheeringly. Aish. The maknae is always the one to smile.

“What’s the first thing you want to know?”

“Does the questions have to be in order?” He was fiddling with my mechanical pencil. He has the habit of fiddling with things whenever he can’t calm down. Just like me. It’d be cool if he was my younger brother. Like, legit.

“Silly maknae. Of course not.” Again, I ruffled his hair.

“Araso. Then here is the first question. How do you know when you’re in love?”

“Just a heads up but there will be a lot of things for me to say, based on what I know and have experienced. So be sure to get your ears listening and pay attention.”

“Noona, should I make some notes too?”

“You could if you want. No one is forcing you to take jot notes.” I shrugged.

“There are many ways to figure out whether or not you’re in love. One of the thing is when you’re with the person you have chemistry with, your heart will start beating at a quicker pace. For example, does your heart beat fast, slow or normal when you’re with me?”

Taemin lifted her hand and laid it across his left chest, where his heart is located. He kept quiet for several seconds, then let out a breath. “My heart beat is beating normally.”

“Okay then. Do you love your noona?” I asked again.

“NEH!” He nodded his head. Almost like a replica of a bobble head.

“Haha. Does your heart beat fast when you’re with noona?” He shook his head this time.

“Then that means you don’t love noona as a woman. Your heart beats fast when you’re with the one you deeply love. Love as in she’s-the-one type of love. Not the family or friend kind of love.”

“Ah…”

“Another thing is the feeling you get when you think you’re in love.”

“Noona, how does that work?”

“Well, you’ll find yourself constantly thinking about that person. When you see them, you will immediately smile at them. Your heart will be filled with warmth and completeness. When they’re depressed, you will feel a cloud of rain above your head, ready to drizzle on you. When they’re happy, you would want to continue making them cheerful. You would constantly repeat to yourself – She is beautiful. She’s like an angel from heaven. She is perfect.”

“Noona, you’re such an expert!” Taemin shouted, jumping from his chair. =_=

“This is what I know about that question you just asked. I’m not entirely sure about the facts. If you’re still confused, you can go ask one of your hyungs. I’m pretty sure they’ve dated more girls than the guys I’ve dated. Just to be reassured, go ask your hyungs.”

“Arasso. But noona,” He fiddled with his fingers. Aish, this kid. I pinched his cheeks as he pouted, making him extra adorable!

“Neh?”

“Can I ask one more question before I walk out the door?”

“Be my guest.”

“Why do people fall in love? How do you know when the person you love loves you back? And most importantly, why is love so complicated?”

“Boy, that is more than one question unless you merge the three together without pausing just like this and you won’t understand what I’m trying to say since I’m saying it all in one breath and there is no proper punctuations.” I let out a breath, inhaled, then exhaled for more oxygen.

“Can you repeat that noona? A bit slower please? I did not understand some of the things you said.” I shook my head, referring to no repeats.

“I’ll just get straight to the end of your questions. People fall in love because-“ I only then realized that even I don’t know the answer as to why people fall in love. I guess only love experts can explain the reasoning. As for I, I’m not some kind of love expert. Therefore, I don’t know anything about the topic of love.

“I actually don’t know why people fall in love. But I do know the answer to your second and third question.” He smiled.

“From what I have experienced, love is a strong feeling. You’ll know when you love someone when they invade your mind 24/7. You would start dreaming of them to the point where you want to be by their side at all times. Do you know what chemistry or mutual means?”

“Chemistry is the science of matter; the branch of the natural sciences dealing with the composition of substances and their properties and reactions.” (A/N: Dictionary [=)

“I’m not talking about that chemistry, smart boy. Chemistry is the relationship between two individuals. Mutual can be defined as to when two or more people share the same interest and are very similar to each other. Does that help you understand further about love?”

“Not really…” He scratched the nape of his neck.

“I think I need to explain some more.” I face plamed. “Basically, you won’t know when the person you love, loves you back. Not unless they suddenly confess to you telling you they have liked you for quite some time and wants to start dating you. No, highly unlikely; due to many people who thinks this is embarrassing, humiliating, afraid, discouraged, and such. Overall, the only strategy to figure out what the opponent feels and believes in, is to actually take the risk and interview them. Ask them what their opinion of you is, or what they like about you (the good qualities, never the bad qualities). One simple topic can be – What do you think of me? Or What is your impression of me?” As long as they like you, they will be honest with you. They would never want to hurt their loved ones, do they?”

“I think I’m starting to understand, noona. What about the last question? Why is love so complicated?”

“Don’t rush, my maknae. I’m getting there. Now, where should I begin?” I tapped my chins and looked up at the ceiling, my thinking mode!

“Okay. From what I know, love is the most complicated non-living object out there. Love creates many different feelings. Those feelings can be loving, warm, caring, sweet, everlasting, and beautiful. In most occasions, love is heartbreaking and painful. People who experienced failed relationships may have scars carved deep within their heart. It’s a type of feeling where it will never vanish. Love is something that nobody can identify. No one can be in love with only one person. You learn to love someone and if you truly love them, you should allow them to live according to their definition of happiness.

There are times when love is just crucial. People tend to take advantage of love as well. But they end up hurt and suffering from the pain that’s been created. If that’s not complicated enough, you would also find there is something called a love triangle. When three people are in love with each other. For example, person A is in love with person B, yet person B loves person C and person C loves person A. Complicated, isn’t it? Love is just something you can’t erase. It’s forever in the world.” Taemin just sat there quietly, paying attention as to what I’m about to say after a pause. So I continued,

“I’m not so sure that what I just explained makes any sense to you, maknae. But noona tried her best from her own experiences and knowledge. I suggest you go ask your hyungs. It makes everything more understanding.”

“Araso. Kamsahmanida, noona!” He got up from the chair, smiled at me, then walked up to where I was sitting and gave me a tight hug. Wow, it’s been more than ten, fifteen, twenty minutes. Explaining stuff sure wastes a lot of my precious time. But I think it was worth it, although I was planning on going out for some fresh air. I guess I can still take a stroll now since it’s not that dark. Yeah, I’ll take a stroll… alone.

“Good luck with that lucky girl. You better confess if you’re feeling really uneasy. But first, have a quick chat with your hyungs. They will surely help you.” I got up from the bed, winked at him, and walked out the door with my purse and my favourite sweater. It’s summer time, but hey.. who knows when it might be breezy later on in the evening?

And with that, I walked to the door, put my shoes on and walked out with my belongings. Sometimes, I find it more peaceful and relaxing when walking alone. This is the only opportunity in which I can think without and interruptions and/or distractions.

I’m standing in the middle of the park, inhaling the smell of nature. It is so fresh and breezy. I can feel the wind gently caressing the side of my face. My long black, silky hair is flying on its own, in the wind. I freed both my arms, away from my body.

“This is what you call nature.~” A big smile grew at the curve of my lips.

Nature, the feeling you don’t feel every single day.

------------

Author's Note: (: PLEASE COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!

+ Credits to decembermouse! :) For the information based on "LOVE"!