Chapter 8: A Mistake

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 8: A Mistake

When you arrived back at your aunt’s apartment, you set the panda down in the corner of your room and put the giant bow on the nightstand before collapsing on the bed, grinning like a fool. That had been so much fun. Even if you had just met them, you felt like you were closer to those boys than you were to almost everyone else in the world. They had immediately accepted you into their group, and now you were pretty sure you were all friends. Except with Seungri, you weren’t sure what was going on there.
 

You sighed and shook your head before getting out your phone to text Eunsook. Do you want to hang out tomorrow? You set slipped your phone back into your pocket before going over to your desk and pulling out some homework. You might as well get some of it done while you waited for her reply. Besides, your aunt always fussed at you if you didn’t do your homework. It was annoying, but nice all at the same time.
 

A couple minutes later you got a text back saying yes. You smiled and asked her where. She replied with the usual place, meaning the ice cream shop next to her favorite bookstore. You smiled and continued on your homework, already knowing what time she would want you to be there.
 

The next day, you waited in front of the ice cream shop. You were wearing a sweatshirt and jeans along with some old sneakers Jiyong had missed somehow. You didn’t want to dress like a girl in front of Eunsook. It wasn’t who you were and it would raise too many questions. Questions you were still avoiding. Questions you knew you would have to face.
 

You smiled when you saw her walking towards you. Her bangs were pulled up like the apple-style, which suited her face well. She was wearing an old sweater along with some shorts that hit her knee. She didn’t like showing off much skin. You waved at her, but she didn’t wave back. She wasn’t smiling either. That worried you, Eunsook was always happy to see you just like you were always happy to see her.
 

She sat down across from you and you asked, “What kind of ice cream do you want?” That was how this usually went. She would reply with vanilla in a cup while you always got something different and random in a cone. Afterwards you two would go to the bookstore and she would buy some old, worn out books while you would read some comics while you waited. Only, this time she didn’t reply with “vanilla.” Instead, she looked at you with hard eyes and asked, “Why were you with Seungri yesterday?”
 

“W-What?” you stuttered, staring at her with a wide-eyed expression. She shifted in her seat and looked down at the table, “You heard me. I saw the two of you together. Like a couple, holding hands and smiling. When were you going to tell me that you were dating him? When did that even happen? Why didn‘t you tell me?”
 

“We’re not dating-”
 

“Liar,” the accusation was harsh, but she kept her eyes on the table, not wanting to believe whatever words were going to come out of your mouth. “I’m not lying,” you began, taking in a deep breath, “We’re not dating. We’re getting married.” She looked up at you, startled and eyes b with tears. You hurriedly continued, “I don’t want to! Our parents decided it, not us. It’s arranged, so I can’t do anything about it. I found out last week after I punched him…”
 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”
 

“I couldn’t. I didn’t want to hurt you,” you said, now you felt the tears prickling up behind your eyes, but you blinked them away. “Like this was any better? I thought that we were best friends. How could you keep something like this from me? It hurt so much to see you two together. My best friend and the guy I’ve been in love with for three years. You broke my heart,” she whispered the last part as a tear escaped and fell down her cheek.
 

“I didn’t mean to. I-I didn’t want you to find out because I knew that it would hurt you even more! I didn’t want to tell you until I knew there was no way out. I didn’t want to hurt you. I wanted to protect you,” you wiped at your own eyes, hoping that you wouldn’t cry as well. “You looked like you were having fun last night. Are you really trying to find a way out? You looked perfectly happy with the prospect of being with him. Don’t lie, you like him too, don’t you? That’s why you had me confess. It was because you wanted to make me look like a fool in front of him.”
 

“No! I wanted things to work out for you! I don’t like him! He’s annoying and arrogant and a total jerk towards me! Eunsook-ah, you got to believe me!” you begged, looking into her brown eyes pleadingly, but she shook her head. “I-I’m sorry, ______-ah, but I can’t trust you anymore. I can’t believe you, at least not right now. I’m sorry,” she stood up and walked away, leaving you sitting there like someone who just got dumped. Only this was much worse. You could get over a boy leaving, but it was next to impossible to get over a friend.
 

“It was all a mistake,” you mumbled as you sat there, silent tears dripping from your eyes as if they had sprung a leak. You didn’t both to wipe them away; you just sat there and stared at the spot your best friend used to be. The person you told everything, who supported you, who understood you better than anyone else. She was gone, and you were afraid that there was no getting her back.

Seungri’s POV~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He sighed as he stared out the car window, heading towards another boring business meeting his father was forcing him to attend. He had to learn the family business. It was his job. He hated his job.
 

He ran a hand through his hair, but smiled wryly when he thought about yesterday and how your hand had fit so perfectly in his. For someone who could be such a pain in the , you could be cute sometimes. Like how happy you looked when he handed you the panda you had been eyeing earlier. He knew his hyungs were going to relentlessly about you, insisting that he was falling, but he wasn’t. He was just trying out being a coupe with you. The two of you were getting married after all.
 

The car stopped at a red light, and he glanced back out the window. His eyes widened when he noticed you. Your back was facing towards him, but he could tell it was you. Without thinking about it, he opened the car door and stepped out. The meeting could wait a little while. It was much more fun to tease you. “Yah! Pabo, what are you doing?” he asked, smiling as he sauntered over to where you were sitting.

Your POV~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 

“Shut up, stupid panda face!” you said, turning towards him. His smile dropped when he saw that you were crying. You desperately tried to wipe the tears away, but he had already seen. “What happened?” he asked. You shook your head, “Nothing.”
 

“You wouldn’t cry over ‘nothing.’”
 

“You don’t know me well enough to make that call,” you argued as you got up, wobbling slightly since one of your legs had fallen asleep. “Tell me what happened,” he demanded, blocking your way. “Sir, we’re going to be late,” the driver called, ignoring the honking cars behind him. “Shut up!” he exclaimed, glaring at the car before turning his gaze back down towards you.
 

“You’re going to be late,” you said as you pushed past him. He made a sound in the back of his throat, resembling a growl, before grabbing your hand and pulling you towards the car with him. He forced you in the car and sat next to you. “Now I won’t be. Tell me what happened,” he persisted, pissing you off more.
 

“No! I don’t want to tell you what happened! It’s all your fault anyways! You and your parents and mine! But mostly you!”
 

“What the hell did I do now?” he asked, exasperated. “You held my hand! You made it look like we were a couple-”
 

“Let me remind you that we’re getting married.”
 

“That’s the problem! We’re getting married and I couldn’t tell her and now she doesn’t trust me because of that!” you exclaimed, hitting his chest as more tears welled up in your eyes. “Eunsook? You didn’t tell her?” he asked, ignoring the fact that you just hit him. “How could I tell her when she loves you? I thought…”
 

“That you could get out of it before she would find out,” he finished with a sigh. “Shut up,” you whispered, looking away. “You’re an idiot,” he stated, but pulled you towards him so that your head was on his chest. His arms wrapped around you, both comforting you and holding you there. “Let go,” you protested, trying to push him away.
 

“Quit it. The great Seungri is comforting you, this doesn’t happen often. So shut up and stop fighting me,” he said, pulling you even closer. “I don’t need comforting,” you whispered, but the tears came anyways. He didn’t say anything else, he just sat there, holding you against him, letting you cry until the tears wouldn’t come anymore. “Lee-ssi,” the driver said, “we have arrived.”
 

“Go around the block again,” Seungri ordered, one arm wrapped around your waist while the other was gently your hair. “Yes sir,” the driver immediately obeyed, knowing it was foolish to argue with him. “You’re going to be late,” you said in a cracked voice. “Doesn’t matter. It’s not like I can show up in a tear and snot stained shirt anyways,” he replied.
 

“You’re the one who wanted to comfort me,” you whispered. “Yeah, but you’re the one with overactive tear ducts,” there was a pause, “Are you better now?” You shrugged and tried to pull away, but the arm wrapped around your waist was like an iron bar. “Nope, I’m not letting you go until you’re better.”
 

"That might take awhile,” you stated, looking up at him. He looked down at you and smirked, “Challenge accepted.”
 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

so i don't even know where this came from, but i got this done in like 2-ish hours? Yay procrastionating on studying for Spanish oral exams~ Haha hoped ya'll liked it :)

let me know what you think