Chapter 30: Crash

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 30: Crash

                You pulled back from the kiss; your eyes wide open in shock. He stared back at you with the same expression, as if he was shocked by his own actions. “What was that?” you asked, pulling back away from him. “I…I don’t know, a kiss I guess,” he said, trying to add a joke onto the end of it, as if that could help the situation.

                “Jiyong-oppa, I can’t, I-”

                “Just think about it. I really like you and you like me too, right? So maybe-”

                “I’m getting married to Seungri.”

                “You don’t have to,” he said, grabbing onto your wrist again, wanting to keep you there with him. “I really can’t do this right now. Thank you for taking me home,” you said before pulling your hand back. “Just…think about it, alright?” he asked, looking at you pleadingly. You nodded, but avoided his eyes as you got out of the car. 

                You walked up to your aunt’s apartment and heard his car slowly drive away as you did. You stopped in front of the door when you heard a groan. You turned and assumed and fighting stance in case it was some drunken weirdo. Instead, your father stumbled out, reeking of alcohol. At least you had gotten the drunken thing right.

                 “Aboji?” you asked in disbelief. “______-ah,” he said, looking like he suddenly perked up. “What are you doing here?” you asked, wondering how he got in this state in the first place. “I came to see…to see,” he mumbled, turning to look at the door. His eyes became soft and sweet and a small smile crept on his lips. You had never seen him look at your mother like that.

                “Are you looking for Ahjumma?” you asked, still holding up your arms in a slightly protective stance. He paused before nodding and took a step forward. He lost his balance and fell against the door. He began to pound on it while exclaiming in a drunken slur, “Jagiya! Jagiya! I’m sorry! I knew I shouldn’t have married her! I loved you! I love you!”

                He slowly slid to the ground and a tear trickled down his face as you watched aghast. The door slowly opened and your father groaned as he fell inside. Your aunt looked down at him with a mixed look of pity, longing, and love before her eyes turned to you. “You and he are…in love?” you asked, taking a step back away from her.

              “Yes,” she admitted, “but you need to understand that he has done nothing to betray your mother. It is a lost love.”

                “But he comes here drunk saying that he loves you. That doesn’t look lost to me,” you said, looking back and forth between the two of them as she knelt down by his side. You weren’t exactly sure how to feel about this. You loved your aunt. She had always been a mother figure to you, but this seemed almost to stain her purity to you. It was like a child finding out that their hero wasn’t real.

                “This hasn’t happened in a long time. They must have gotten into a fight,” she said as he wrapped his arms around her waist. “I’m sorry,” he mumbled into the fabric of her robe. “Ssh, it’s alright. It’s not your fault,” she cooed, running her fingers through his salt and pepper hair.

                “So he comes to you whenever they fight,” you aid, realizing the parallel between this and your own situation. She nodded, “Yes, now help me help him up. He’s heavy and I am old.” You assisted her in dragging him to the couch. You laid him down while she got a blanket to drape over him.

                 “So what am I supposed to think?” you asked, holding yourself for some sort of comfort. “What you want to think. I can’t tell you; that’s for you to decide,” she said with a sigh. “I don’t know, but I can’t stay here. Not tonight,” you said before walking out the door.

                “Wait!” your aunt called after you, but your pace quickened into a run. You were running again, down another street. How many times had you run away in the past few weeks? More than you could count, but running never solved anything. It just delayed the inevitable.

                You began to slow. A run turned into a jog with very soon turned into a walk. You gulped for air as you finally stopped. “What am I supposed to think?” you asked aloud, “What am I supposed to do?” You ran a hand through your hair before taking another step forward. Unfortunately, that step went right off the curb and into traffic.

                A car’s headlights hit you, causing you to stop and turn. Your eyes widened as the car’s horn blared. You braced yourself for impact and closed your eyes as tires screeched. Then…nothing. You opened your eyes and stared at the car that had stopped inches in front of you.

                “______-ah! Are you alright!” Daesung exclaimed as he sprang out of the driver’s seat. “Daesung-oppa?” you asked, still in shock. You stared at him, but it was like looking through a lens out of focus. “_____-ah, are you alright?” he asked, running towards you.

                You nodded and tried to take forward, but he stopped you. “Hey…are you alright? What’s wrong?” he asked, worriedly. You tried to tell him you were fine, but the words didn’t come out. Instead, you mumbled, “He kissed me.”

                “Who kissed you?”

                “Jiyong.” He sighed and bit his bottom lip before dragging you towards the passenger’s side of the car. He opened the door bot you refused to get in. “Sorry but I haven’t had the best experiences with getting into guy’s cars.”

                “Would it help if I told you that I have no romantic interest in you whatsoever?” he asked, still holding the door open. Your lips twitched into almost a smile as you got in the car. He shut your door before getting back into his own seat. “Where are we going?” you asked as he started up the car.

                “You’ll see.”  

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

just curious from the comments that are already here, who likes Jiyong and who likes Seungri???