Chapter 12: It's Official

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 12: It’s Official

“Wake up, _______-ah,” a voice sweetly called as your shoulder was gently shaken. You rolled over, not wanting to get up. It was Saturday, you were allowed to sleep in. “Yah! I said wake up!” You were roughly yanked part way out of bed, causing you to almost hit your head on the floor. “Yah! I was sleeping!” you exclaimed as you stared at a pair of very fashionable shoes. You immediately knew that they could only belong to Jiyong. When you looked up, your belief was only confirmed by his sweet smile that you wanted to smack off of his face.


“It’s time to start getting ready. We have a lot of work to do, sweetheart,” he said as he took a step back. “Oh and please tell me, darling, what time it is?” you cooed as you pulled the rest of yourself out of bed. “About eight o’clock, yeobo,” he replied as he walked towards your closest. “Oh my God, Jiyong-oppa, I’m going to kill you,” you groaned, not able to believe that you would have to get up at eight in the morning for something that started at six o’clock in the evening.
He snorted before tossing you some clothes, “Are you always this sweet to Seungri?” You got up onto your feet with the clothes in hand and sighed; “Only when he’s as nice to me as you are right now, Oppa.”


“No wonder he’s fallen for you then.”


“What?”


“Nothing, go get dressed. I have to somehow make you presentable by six, and that, my dear ________-ah, is no easy task,” he said as he closed the doors to your room behind him, giving you some privacy. You quickly changed after brushing your hair and teeth, of course, but ignored Jiyong for a few minutes to go through your phone. Seungri had sent you a couple of messages and Eunsook had done the same. She asked if she could go to the party as well, but you had told her no. She would be too out of place there, and as much as you would love to have your best friend with you, you knew that the rich people there would rip her apart.


You shoved your phone in your pocket before opening the door. “Took you long enough,” Jiyong teased before holding out his arm for you, “This way, my lady.” You rolled your eyes, but couldn’t help smiling as you linked your arm with his, “So where exactly are we going?”


“First, to get your nails done and things like that. Then, we’ll get your hair and makeup done before returning here to get you into your dress,” he replied. “How is just that going to take so long?” you asked, frowning. “Because first we’re stopping off to get breakfast and in the middle somewhere we are going to meet up with Daesung for lunch.” You nodded, “I see.” He laughed and shook his head as the pair of you reached his car. “Get in; I’m buying you something nice for breakfast.”


The day went along pretty well, even if half of the time you wanted to kill Jiyong for the torture he was putting you through. At the end of it all though, you had to admit, you did look pretty nice. Your hair was up in a styled, but messy bun that was held together with numerous bobby pins with fake jewels glued onto them. Your jewelry was minimal; a small silver bracelet adorned your wrist and a necklace with a single pearl lay just above your slightly exposed cleavage. The dress was flattering, a light pink color that went down to your knees. It was strapless and fit like a glove with shoes to match.


You felt like a princess in that outfit; a princess and a fake. This wasn’t you. You sighed before getting yourself together as you exited the room with Daesung and Jiyong waiting for you outside. ‘Whoa! You look so pretty, _______-ah!” Daesung exclaimed, grinning. You giggled and blushed slightly at the compliment,

“Thank you, Oppa, but where is Seungri?”


“Wanting to show him how cute you look?” Jiyong asked, making you blush an even darker shade of red at the truth of his comment, “Don’t worry, you’ll see him in a little bit. We’ll take you to the party and he’ll meet you there, and later on, his father will make the formal announcement confirming your engagement.”


“So how long do we have to stay for?”


“Long enough to miss Doraemon,” Daesung whined, making you laugh as the three of you walked back to Jiyong’s car. Daesung had stuck around since lunch time, making all of this girly stuff bearable for you with his jokes and laughter. It didn’t feel like very long at all until you reached Seungri’s home.


It was a mansion, larger than your own house by a couple hundred square feet. You wondered how anyone could live in a place like that if your own home seemed so cold and lonely with its own size. That being said, this place was now being filled with people, yourself included. “I’m so nervous,” you whispered, making both boys laugh. “If you can punch Seungri, you can do this,” Daesung whispered to you as the three of you walked into the splendidly decorated front room and then back to a ballroom.


“Seungri is over there,” Jiyong answered before you could even ask the question. You smiled and immediately made your way towards him with both boys still trailing behind you like guard dogs. Your smile faltered when you noticed the girls all around him, flirting not just with their eyes. You continued anyhow and stood a little outside the circle of girls before Jiyong cleared his throat to gain Seungri’s attention. “Hyung! Where’s ________?” he asked as he pulled himself away from the bimbos.


He stopped once his eyes locked on you and remained frozen in place, his eyes moving up and down your body like when you had gone shopping with him before. You blushed and looked down at the ground. “You look amazing,” he said in a husky voice as he stood in front of you. He reached for your hand and gently the inside of your palm with the pad of his thumb.


“You look nice too,” you said” back in a soft voice. It was true. He looked very handsome in his black tux. He wore a white dress shirt underneath with a few of the buttons undone, giving it his own personal flair. His hair was slightly ruffled in a way that made it look like he had rolled out of bed looking this amazing. His lips quirked in a smirk, “I know, but thank you anyways.”


“Yah! Seungri-ah!” you hissed. “Don’t call me Seungri here. You have to call me Seunghyun,” he said before pulling you to where people were dancing the waltz. “I don’t want to dance,” you whined, but smiled when he put his hand on your hip. You placed yours on his shoulder as he led you in circles, “It doesn’t matter. People expect it. Besides, I want to dance with you.”


“So selfish, Seunghyun-ah,” you teased. He chuckled, but didn’t deny it. “It’s one of my many charms.”


“Your charms?”


“I can be charming. You know this,” he replied, moving closer to you than what was necessary for this dance. “Yes, but only when it suits you,” you replied as you tried to increase the space without tripping over your own two feet. Being so close to him made you uncomfortable and a little light-headed. “Isn’t that men most men are charming?” He closed the distance between your two bodies entirely with one move. “Not Daesung, he’s always charming.”


He made a sound in the back of his throat that reminded you of a growl, “But he’s so childish.” You giggled slightly, wondering if you were making him jealous, but not sure exactly what you were making him jealous of. “But that’s a part of his charm.”


“So you like childish guys?” He demanded. “No,” you immediately replied, wondering if escape was possible in this situation. “Then what do you like?” he asked, his tone softening slightly as he leaned closer, his breath tickling your ear.


“Uh…” you fumbled for words, but nothing came up. “Why don’t you tell me who you like?” You gulped and tried to think of a witty response, but nothing came up. It was like something was blocking your thoughts. “From your lack of response, I can assume you like me, can’t I?” he asked as he pulled you back away from the dance floor. You blushed bright red, as red as when he gave you that kiss on the cheek. “I love it when I’m right,” he noted with a cocky grin as he pulled you back towards the guys.


“What did you do to her, Seungri-ah? She looks mortified,” Jiyong said, frowning slightly. “When did you become her big brother, hyung?” Seungri retorted, holding you close to him with his arm around your waist. “When you started acting like you own her,” he replied with a hint of a smile. “He doesn’t own me,” you finally managed to say, making everyone start laughing, “Yah! Why are you all laughing at me?”


That didn’t help, they only started laughing more. “It’ because you’re so cute,” Seungri said with a big grin on his face. “Shut up, panda-face,” you said, crossing your arms across your chest. He laughed and wrapped both of his arms around your waist, “Don’t be mad, jagiya.”


“Why are you calling me that?”


“Because it sounds better than idiot.”


“I kind of like idiot better,” you mumbled, not sure how to feel about all of this. “Attention, I have an announcement to make,” Seungri’s father said, standing on a stage with a smile that reminded you so much of Seungri it was scary. Seungri sighed before turning so that he was hugging you from behind with his chin resting on your shoulder. “PDA much?” Jiyong mumbled.


“You’re just jealous I have a cute fiancé and you don’t,” Seungri retorted, making you groan. These guys were so strange. “Still though, don’t you think you shouldn’t be acting so sickeningly sweet when your father is about to put the spot light on you?” Seunghyun said, making Seungri let go of you with a large frown marring his features. “We can still do this though,” you said, grabbing your hand. You didn’t like to see him sad for some odd reason; maybe it had something to do with liking him. Though, there was no way you were going to admit that aloud; that was way too embarrassing.


“That’s our cue,” Seungri whispered before pulling you towards the stage. He took the microphone from his father and made a speech that you really didn’t pay attention to. You were too busy wondering how were going to explain this to Eunsook. You didn’t expect to actually start liking him. Would she flip out on you again? You shook your head to clear your thoughts as Seungri handed the microphone back to his father; the man seemed to be something of an attention hog.


“Well look at that,” Seungri whispered in your ear as the two of you walked off stage together, “It looks like we’re official now.”      

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

i hope you guys liked the update :D