Chapter 33: Sad Face

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 33: Sad Face

                “Are you sure about this?” Daesung asked as he pulled up in front of Jiyong’s apartment. You bit your lip and nodded. “You don’t look sure,” he said with his hand resting on the ignition. “No I am. If I don’t do this now, I’ll never do it. Thanks for taking me here,” you said as you unbuckled your seatbelt. “It’s fine. Do you want me to wait here for you?”

                “No, I’ll be okay. I don’t want you to turn into my chauffer.”

                “As long as you’re happy, it’s all good,” he said with a smile, “Fighting!”

                “Fighting!” you said back before getting out and running up to Jiyong’s apartment. You knocked on the door and waited for him to answer, hoping that he’d actually be there. You felt stupid for not checking first. You bounced from foot to foot until the door opened.

                “______-ah,” he said, surprised, “what are you doing here?”

                “I came to talk to you. Can I come in?”

                “Yeah of course. Should I make some tea or something?” he stood to the side as you walked in and shut the door behind you. “If you want to,” you said, taking a deep breath to calm yourself as you sat down on the couch. You weren’t sure why you were going to do what you were about to do, it would be easier not to, but you couldn’t allow yourself to be so cowardly anymore.

                You had to tell him.

                “How much sugar do you want?” he asked, calling to you from the kitchen. “Two scoops please,” you called back. He came into the kitchen after a little bit and sat down on the couch next to you. The two cups of tea were placed on the coffee table. You picked yours up to sip at the piping hot contents. “Why did you come over? Not that I’m complaining; I’m just curious,” he said with a small smile.

                “It’s about that kiss,” you said as you set your cup down. “What about it?” he asked, cautiously. His dark brown eyes examined your face for any tell that would let him know the words you were about to say. You played with the hem of your shirt, twisting it and turning it.

                You took in a shaky breath before saying, “I can’t return your feelings, Oppa. I care too much for Seungri.”

                “A few days ago you were bawling your eyes out because of him! I would never hurt you like that,” he said, grabbing onto your hand. “I know but-”

                “Is it because you two are getting married?” he demanded. “No! It’s not that. I wish it was that, but I actually love him. When I saw him earlier, it reminded me how important he really is to me,” you said looking down at the floor.

                “So you felt nothing from that kiss?”

                “Don’t do this, Jiyong-oppa. I’m sorry, but I’m going to choose Seungri. Even if he hurts me, I still want to be with him. I want to stay by his side. You understand…right?” you asked, turning to look at him. The second you did, you wished you hadn’t. He was looking at you so sadly, like you had just ripped his heart out. You felt tears well up behind your eyes at his pain. Even if you didn’t love him like you loved Seungri, you still cared deeply for him.

                “I’m sorry,” you said, your voice choking up, “but I can’t-” He cut you off as he pulled you into a hug, crushing your body against his. “Don’t cry. Please, I don’t want you to cry for me. Just let me stay by you as a friend and I’ll be happy. No tears.” He kissed the top of your forehead as he repeated the last two words.

                You nodded before pulling away. “I think I should go,” you said as you stood up. He nodded, “Do you want me to take you home?”

                “No, it’s fine. Please don’t Oppa,” you said before walking to the door. He was going to protest, but you walked out before he could say anything else. “Why did I do that?” you whispered before running down to the parking lot. You walked down to the nearest store before pulling out your phone to call the next person.

                “Yeah, Omma, I need you to pick me up. I have to go back to Mr. Lee’s house. We haven’t finished talking yet.”