Chapter 17: A Rat

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 17: A Rat

        You walked up to Seungri’s doorstep, not exactly sure what to do. Jiyong had just left you here after warning you that you had better go inside. You sighed and knocked on the door, your bag slung over one of your shoulders. A butler opened the door for you and bowed deeply as you walked inside. “I shall alert Seunghyun-ssi that you have arrived,” he said before walking up the stairs towards where you assumed the bedrooms would be.

                When he came back down, he lead you back up the stairs and down a maze of halls until you were standing in front of an oak door, “Just call if there is anything you need.” You nodded before opening the door and walking in. You weren’t exactly sure what you expected the butler was going to lead you to, but an office was not on that list. It was a nice office.  The floor was mahogany hardwood and the walls were all white with the exception of the back wall which was painted dark brown.  The desk looked really old, but the rest of the furniture was modern. Seungri was sitting behind the desk, tapping away at a laptop.

                “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were working,” you said, biting your bottom lip. He looked up and smiled at you, “It’s fine; just give me a few minutes and I can take a break.” You nodded and sat down in a chair near a bookcase. You felt like you were five again, waiting in a corner of your father’s office for him to finish work and come play with you. “What about your homework?” you asked randomly, not exactly sure where that question came from.

                “My father got the school to excuse me from doing it since I help him with his business. Are you jealous?”

                “A little.” He chuckled before closing his laptop, “So, why did hyung drop you off? Did something happen?” You bit your lip and shrugged. “Don’t want to tell me?” he asked as he got up. You stayed quiet and he sighed before coming over to where you were, “Then do you want to go do something?”

                “Yeah, can you help me with my homework?” He laughed, “You come over to my house and all you want to do is homework?” You nodded and he fell back into his chair, “Well then, drag that over here and we can start.” The first ten minutes, he was actually pretty helpful, but then you could tell he was getting bored. His head fell on to your shoulder as you worked and his finger began tracing odd patterns on your thigh. “I’m trying to concentrate,” you said as you erased your work for this problem for the third time.

                “Yeah, but I’m bored. Can’t you do that later?” he whined. “I don’t have a free pass like you,” you said as you tried to start again. “Yeah, but you’re going to be my wife so you won’t need this. I’ll take care of you.”

                “Your wife will be a high school drop out? I don’t think your dad would approve of it,” you replied, laughing slightly at the way he was acting. “Can’t you do it later?” he whined, nuzzling into your neck. You sighed, wondering how long you were going to try and do this. It wasn’t like you were able to concentrate with him here anyways. Might as well let him win and have fun for a little while. “Okay, okay, you win,” you said, dropping your pencil in defeat, “So what are we going to do instead?”

                “Hm? I have a few ideas,” he smirked as his fingers began trailing farther up your leg. You stopped his hand, “Aigoo, why am I getting married to such a ert?” He sighed before pulling his hand back and standing up, “I’m not a ert, I’m a teenager.”

                “So that’s your excuse?” he nodded, making you chuckle slightly, “Whatever, let’s just go do something that doesn’t involve your hormones.” He groaned before tapping his chin as he thought, “Well, we could watch a movie or play some videogames or something. I’m not allowed to leave the house today so those will have to do.”

                “Why aren’t you allowed to leave?”

                “I pissed my dad off, so now he’s grounding me for the day. It’s okay, he does this occasionally,” he said with a shrug as he grabbed your hand and led you out of the room and down the hall. He led you to a room that was a small movie theater. You laughed before finding a seat for yourself while he picked out a movie. When he came back, he wrapped his arm around you and held out a small bag of popcorn for you to eat.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Jiyong’s POV ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

                He paced back and forth across the living room of his flat. “Hyung, calm down. It’ll be okay,” Daesung said, sitting on the couch with Taeyang while Seunghyun occupied the chair. “How can I calm down when we still don’t know who did this?” Jiyong hissed, running a hand through his hair, “Well, I mean I’m pretty sure who started it, but even then… How can I tell ______ that huh?”

                “You’ll figure something out. She’s a strong girl, she even tamed the maknae, so she can handle this,” Seunghyun said, flipping through the channels even though Jiyong blocked the TV half of the time. “But she isn’t that strong. That’s just on the outside. This is going to hurt her,” Jiyong finally sat down on the sofa in between his two friends.

                “Well, how do you know it was Eunsook? Why don’t you research more and then tell her if you get evidence against her,” Taeyang tried. “I know it’s her because that’s the only person who would want to hurt _______. No one else really has a motive against her. Or at least they didn’t until those rumors started.”

                “What exactly have people been spreading around anyways?” Seunghyun asked after settling on a cartoon, “I mean, you told us to come over here but then we’ve just been sitting here while you’re getting all of the calls.”

                “It’s all variations of how she seduced Seungri and is now pregnant so they’re getting married. One is that she’s blackmailing him with the baby. They’re all really stupid, but people will believe in anything.”

                “Can’t people be a little more imaginative?” Daesung tried to joke before Jiyong’s look shut him up. He turned his attention back to the television and Jiyong sighed. “Sorry, I’m just really-“

                “Pissy,” Seunghyun finished, making Jiyong chuckle as he nodded. “So when are we going to tell Panda?” Taeyang asked as he stood up, wanting to get some food from the kitchen. “Maybe once we get everything solved unless she does it first. It’s her choice to tell him,” he replied before getting up as well. “Where are you going now?” Seunghyun asked, started to rise from his chair.

                “To go face the rat. You guys stay here and answer the phone for me. I’ll be back in a little bit.” He grabbed a jacket and slipped on a pair of boots before walking out the door. After the door shut, he quickly texted one of his employees to find out where Eunsook would be around this time. He couldn’t let her get away with this.    

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sorry that this took so long but i've been so busy D:

hope you like it at any rate, Jiyong the detective! :D

and oh my gosh the poster! IT'S AMAZING!!!!! (better than my story >.> *cough*) thank you so much asianFrustrastion for telling me about Sungjong's shop!!!!