Chapter 21: Admissions

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 21: Admissions

                You sat on the swing, rocking yourself back and forth gently. How many times had you played here with Eunsook? You couldn’t even count them all, all of those wonderful memories. How had things gotten so screwed up? You sighed and pulled out your phone. You were debating on whether or not you should text Jiyong or Seungri to tell them where you are and what you were going to do, but that didn’t really seem like a good idea. So, instead, you waited.

                “Hey,” Eunsook greeted you as she sat on the swing next to you. You nodded in return, “What did you want to talk about?”

                “What’s been going on lately.”

                “What is there to talk about? You spread rumors about me to try and break me and Seungri up. I can understand being jealous and hurt, but you didn’t have to go so far. You should’ve just talked to me.”

                “How could I do that? You wouldn’t have listened to me. There’s no way you would’ve let me have Seungri-”

                “Is he all that you want? Is he so important to you? What about our friendship?”

                “Yes, what about our friendship? Does it mean nothing to you? How could you go and take him like that? Do my feelings mean nothing to you?” there was hurt in her voice, but you couldn’t take it seriously. She could be acting for all you knew. “Our friendship meant everything to me. I wouldn’t let myself like Seungri for your sake. But, now we’re not friends…”

                “We’re still friends,” she whimpered. “No. We’re not, I’m not sure if we ever really were.”

                “We were, and because we were friends I’m going to tell you something about your precious Oppa, Jiyong.” You immediately turned to look at her and your fists tightened around the chains. “If you’re going to lie about Jiyong,” you began to threaten. “No, it’s not lies. For what we had, I’m going to tell you the truth. He likes you. He likes you likes you,” her eyes lit up with amusement as she watched your reaction to her words.

                You stood up and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, ready to punch her. “I told you not to lie about him,” you hissed. “I’m not, but you won’t believe it from me, huh? Ask him. See what he says,” she countered in a confident voice, but her eyes held fear. She knew your hits hurt. “I will, but no matter what the answer is, I’m going to hurt you for it. Stop messing with my life, I screw it up more than enough for the both of us,” you said, letting go of her shirt.

                “So you’re just going to walk away?” she asked, grabbed onto the sleeve of your shirt. “If I stay here, I know I’m going to hurt you. I don’t want to because we used to be friends, but I know I will. You piss me off now. You know I can’t hold my temper,” you laughed a little at the last part before pulling her hand off of your sleeve, “Goodbye, Eunsook-ah. Maybe we can be friends again in our next life.”

                “I never want to be friends with you again.”

                “Then I guess we have our answer,” you sad with a sad smile before walking away. You sighed, taking the long way home. Could you really believe her? It didn’t seem like she was lying, but you didn’t know anymore. You guessed the only way to find out for sure would be to ask him tomorrow.

               

                “Can I talk to you?” you asked Jiyong when he emerged from his class the next day at lunch. “Sure, we’re going up to the roof anyways,” he said, laughing slightly. “No, I meant alone,” you added, biting your lip slightly. He sighed, “Is this about Eunsook?” you nodded, “That , I told her to leave you alone! Oh, but don’t you ever say that word! Women shouldn’t cuss!”

                You laughed as you hit his arm slightly. He was such a dork. “I promise I won’t cuss, at least in front of you. But, I need to talk to you.”

                “Promise me you won’t cuss at all.”

                “But what if something falls on my foot or I get into a fight?”

                “Use your other words.” You sighed before giving in, it wasn’t like you had a chance to win anyways. He followed you outside and down by one of the tables that was strangely empty. “So what do I need to kill her for?” Jiyong asked as he sat down next to you. You chuckled lightly and shrugged, “I don’t know if you need to kill her, it might be a lie, but I wanted to ask you.”

                “Ask me what?” he asked with a slightly guarded expression. “Do you like me? Not the ‘you’re my friend, of course I like you’ but the ‘I want to hold your hand and pull you close when no one is looking’ type of like,” you asked, poking his side. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, remaining quiet. “Do you want the right response or the truth?” he asked.

                “The right response?”

                “She’s such a liar! How could you even think like that, pabo. Aish, now I really have to go kill her,” he said in a joking tone as he messed up your hair. You smiled before taking a deep breath, “And the truth?” He groaned before replying, “She actually told the truth. I’ve had a crush on you for a couple of years now, but I never got up the nerve to talk to you. Actually, no, one time I did. It was at one of your parents’ parties, I said hi and you answered me but walked away five seconds later. I think you scarred me for life,” he chuckled, “I wasn’t going to tell you though. I was just going to stay friends with you. I want to be friends; I don’t want to do some sort of odd love triangle like in dramas.”

                “I probably shouldn’t tell Seungri you like me, huh? Oh wait, shouldn’t he already know?” He shook his head, “I didn’t tell anyone. I thought it was stupid considering I had never really had a conversation with you before.”

                “But if you liked me, how come you acted so cool when we first met?”

                “I’m just amazing like that.” You giggled and punched him in the arm as lightly as you could. “You’re such a dork, Oppa. But, since we never talked, why did you like me?”

                “You mean why do I like you?” he sighed, “Can that be a conversation for another day? I’m pretty sure Seungri’s going to start worrying where you are now.”

                “Or you don’t have to answer, I was just curious.”

                “So… this doesn’t change anything right? We’re still friends?” he asked looking a little worried. “Friends? How can we be friends?” his face fell, “We’re best friends. I need someone to take Eunsook’s place.” He laughed and pulled you into a hug as you stood up. “I’m glad. I was afraid you’d run away.”

                You hugged him back momentarily before letting go. “Running away is for cowards. Now, come on, let’s go eat. I’m hungry!”

   ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~                

                 so i hope ya'll liked the update even if it isn't as epic as i thought it was going to be :S

               also, i have a question, if i wrote a fic about Daesung would any of ya'll read it? i've been thinking about what to write next when the other fic i'm writing ends and i think it's Daesung's turn so.... what do ya'll think???