Chapter 14: Dress Shopping

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 14: Dress Shopping

           

            You had to tell Eunsook. You knew that you couldn’t put it off this time; it wouldn’t be fair to her or Seungri if you did. So, you pulled Eunsook to a place where the two of you could talk during lunch. One of the empty classrooms would work. “What is this about, _______-ah?” Eunsook asked looking a little nervous. “I need to talk with you about something,” you said as you took in a deep, calming breath.

            “What do you need to tell me?” she asked, trying to give you a small smile. “Well…It’s about Seungri.”

            “What about him?”

            “I like him.”

            “Well, of course you do! You guys had to become friends-”

            “No… I mean I like him like him,” you said, studying her face as it fell slightly. “What…What are you talking about? You just said that you didn’t the other week,” she said, staring down at her shoes. “I know I said that… but I don’t know what happened. I just really like him now. He’s annoying and conceited, but he’s also really nice and caring. I… I actually don’t mind the thought of marrying him now,” you admitted, staring down at your own shoes as well.

            “But you’re so young! Getting married at our age isn’t right!” she suddenly exclaimed as she grabbed your hands, “Please listen to me, _________-ah! No matter how much you like him now, that can always change! Think about how much you hated him last week. Relationships in high school don’t last.”

            “Why are you telling me this?” you asked, not expecting these words from her. “Because I don’t want you to get hurt. Remember, he’s still a player. Think of how many girls he has seduced and dumped. I don’t want that to happen to you; you’re my best friend.”

            “It won’t happen to me,” you said, playing with the ring on your finger. She glanced down at your hand and saw it, a small sigh escaping her lips. “Alright, if you say so. I’m here for you no matter what. So, shall we go eat now?” You nodded, not sure what to make of her opinion or her reaction.

            You followed her up the stairs to where the guys were already eating. “Took you long enough,” Seungri teased as you sat down next to him. “Sorry, I was talking to Eunsook” you said as you took the lid to your lunch off. “So you told her?” he whispered. You nodded and he smiled as he wrapped an arm around you. “It’s good that you told her. Now you won’t worry as much, right?” Yu shrugged and started eating your food, making him sigh.

            “Idiot girl, why are you acting so far away? Especially after that kiss yesterday…” He chuckled as your face turned bright red. “Yah! Quit being such a ert! ________ is cute and innocent! Don’t go corrupting girl!” Jiyong exclaimed as he hit Seungri upside the head. You snorted and tried to hide your laughter behind your hands, but you couldn’t help the giggles that escaped. “You think that’s funny?” Seungri asked in a dangerous tone.

            “No, I thought it was hilarious,” you replied before sticking your tongue out at him. He raised an eyebrow, “Oh really?” You leaned away from him, a little bit afraid of his current expression when he suddenly began to tickle you. “Yah! Yah! Quit it!” you exclaimed in between bouts of laughter before he finally stopped. Jiyong was holding your lunch and shaking his head like a mom before sitting down beside you. “I swear, what would you do without me?” Jiyong asked as he handed you your lunch again.

             “Starve to death?” you asked as Seungri pulled you closer. Jiyong laughed before pulling you away from him. “Quit being so clingy. She’s not your wife yet.”

            “Yeah, but she’s my fiancé, so hands off,” Seungri replied, acting like a little kid. You shook your head and turned to Jiyong, “Is he always like this with relationships?”

            “No, just you so far. It’s kind of cute, isn’t it?”

            “A little.”

            “I’m not cute!” Seungri said, pouting even more. You rolled your eyes before whispering to Jiyong, “I want to talk to you. When can we hang out again?” He paused before whispering back, “Today if it’s about Seungri. We’re going to go dress shopping anyways. So, he’s not allowed.” You nodded. “Sounds good,” you said before leaning back against Seungri and letting him wrap his arms around you again. You didn’t think he would be the jealous type, but it was kind of nice. It meant that he cared.

            “What were you two whispering about?” he asked, his breath hitting the back of your neck and sending chills down your spine. “How adorable you are when you’re jealous,” you immediately replied before picking at the remains of your lunch. “Liar. Jiyong would never call me adorable.”

            “Fine, we were talking about wedding dress shopping.”

            “Why would you whisper about that?”

            “Because I don’t want you to hear.”

            “And why not?”

            “Bad luck and all that.” He rolled his eyes, but that was the end to his questions.

 

            After school, Jiyong took you to a small wedding boutique where the prices made your head spin. He assured you that Seungri’s family was going to help pay, but that didn’t help any. As the two of you waiting for the women to come back with a couple of their choices, Jiyong asked, “What did you want to talk about?”

            “You know Seungri pretty well, right?” You chuckled and nodded, “Yeah, I know him pretty well. What do you want to know about him, baby girl?” You paused and nibbled on your bottom lip, “Well… He’s a bit of a player, isn’t he? Do you think-”

            “It’s not like that with you,” he cut you off. “But how do you now that?” you asked, letting your worry slip into your voice. Eunsook’s words had gotten to you, no matter how much you didn’t want to admit it, they definitely had. “I know because of how he acts with you. With other girls, they would be all over him and he would just sit there and allow it. With you, he’s all over you and snarls at anyone of us he thinks may try and take you away from him. He likes you. So, don’t worry about it, love.”

            “But, what if he gets bored of me or something like that?” He sighed and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, “He’s falling for you just like you’re falling for him. Don’t let whatever that Eunsook girl said get to you. Just keep on being who you are and he will never get bored. Try to be someone else and you’ll piss me and him off.”

            “But what if something bad happens?”

            “You really are a worrier, aren’t you? Don’t worry about that stuff, worry about what kind of dress you’re going to wear on your wedding day. I’ll take care of everything else.”

            “And why are you so nice?” He snorted before ruffling your hair, “Because I can be. Now, go try on dresses!” One of the women came back and you were forced into the first round of dress shopping with Jiyong. It wasn’t as bad as the last time you went shopping with him, but you couldn’t believe how many different wedding dresses there were. It was completely insane.

                        “I’ll approve of that, but what do you think?” Jiyong asked as you walked out in the twenty-third dress. “I… I actually like this one,” you said as you did a spin. It was a pretty plain dress compared to the other ones Jiyong had liked, but it had just enough flair for him to approve without you wanting to gag. “Are you willing to wear it on your wedding day?” he asked, walking in circles around you.

            “I do believe I would,” you said, your smile becoming bigger and bigger by the moment. Jiyong nodded, “Then we will take this one.” It took another half an hour for them to finish up your measurements and then you two were gone. He drove you back to your house, but you sighed before getting out. “Wait… What’s wrong?” he asked. “I just miss my aunt. I’ll go see her tomorrow though,” you said, reassuring him with a smile. He nodded before watching you go up the stairs and get into your house. “I promise I will take care of everything,” he mumbled to himself before laying his head on the steering wheel, “My little dongsang.”

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

so there will be more drama later i think :)

but i hope you guys liked the update