Chapter 6: Dance Class

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 6: Dance Class

Ballroom dancing was the worst thing man has ever invented. You wondered if it was invented merely to torture you a few hundred years down the line. Even with all of your physical abilities like rock climbing and biking and hiking and winning fights, you were completely inept at dancing. This was the twelfth time you had almost fallen, but you had actually fallen five other times, and you had stepped on Younbae’s feet too many times to count.
 

“I’m so sorry, Youngbae-sunbae,” you apologized for the billionth time, but he smiled and told you that it was okay. Dancing was difficult for some people. Seungri sighed and hid his face in his hands while Seunghyun and Daesung were teasing you about your skills at tripping over your own two feet. Jiyong was trying to help by complimenting something about you, but it failed so he had given up and instead was talking to someone on the phone.
 

“I don’t think I can do this. Maybe I can just run to the bathroom or something when the dancing part comes up,” you said, taking a step back from Youngbae and his abused feet. “I can’t believe you’re giving up like this,” Seungri commented from his corner of the room. “At this rate I’m going to cripple Youngbae!” you exclaimed in frustration.
 

“You won’t cripple him! We’ll take him to the hospital before that happens,” Daesung joked, but it was quite obvious that wasn’t helping the situation. “I’m done,” you said as you began walking towards the door. You heard Seungri’s chair scrap against the laminated floor of the studio as he got up and walked over towards you. “Come on,” he said, grabbing your wrist and pulling you out the door and down the hall.
 

He stopped in front of another door and poked his head in before pulling you inside and shutting the door behind him. It appeared to be a changing room, which worried you especially since Seungri was considered the playboy of your school. “Alright take them off,” he said, stepping back and crossing his arms across his chest. “I’m not taking anything off in front of you, ert,” you countered, crossing your arms as well.
 

He chuckled before replying, “Trust me, I don’t want to see anything of yours. Take your shoes off, idiot.” You glared at him and stood there, not willing to budge. He sighed, “Take your shoes off or I will take them off for you.” You paused, weighing your options, but when he kneeled down in front of you, you kicked off your heels. “Alright, come over here,” he said as he grabbed your hand and pulled you towards the center of the small room.
 

“What are you doing?” you asked as he turned around to face you. “What is it with you and questions?” he asked back as he placed his other hand on your waist and pulled you closer. “I think I have the right to when you’re doing something like this,” you paused, “And if that hand goes any lower, you’re going to have a black eye. What are you doing?”
 

“We’re dancing, now shut up and pay attention,” he ordered. “No, I told you, I can’t dance,” you argued as you pushed yourself away from him, but he kept his hand firmly planted on your waist, holding you there. “Yes, you can. Youngbae just at teaching because he’s so good,” he said with a sigh, “Just shut up and try not to think too much about it. It’ll hurt your brain.” You glared up at him, but he smirked back down at you while nudging your foot with his.
 

You stepped back as he took a small step forward. Then, he pulled you gently to one side before stepping back and pulling you back with him. Before you knew it, you had completed the square of ballroom dancing without stepping on Seungri’s feet once. You managed to repeat this success a couple of times before he tried spinning you around. You tripped over your feet before doing something that resembled a spin and then falling onto Seungri’s chest. “Warn me next time!” you exclaimed, pulling back away from him.
 

“Quit drooling over me and focus on your feet,” he said in reply before pulling you back towards him. “Why would I ever drool over you? You are the farthest thing from my type!” He snickered, “Yeah right, I’m every girl’s type.” You rolled your eyes, “Why are you such an arrogant ?”
He stepped forward, making your step back again.
 

“Why can’t you go three minutes without insulting me?”
 

A step to the side before a step back.
 

“Why can’t you ever say something nice?!”
 

Step back to where you began and then forward once again. A slight turn while the process began once more.
 

“Why can’t you?”
 

“Because you’re a jerk!” you yelled at him before he spun you around and you found yourself back in his arms. “Yeah, and this jerk just taught you to dance without killing your partner,” he said as he let go of your waist.
 

“Wait, what?” He smiled as he shook his head before walking out the door. He held it open for you and you grabbed your heels before mutely following him back down the hallway to the dance studio. “Where did you two go?” Youngbae asked since he was the only remaining person in the room. “To the closest so I could get her to actually dance,” Seungri replied with a shrug, “Apparently she only has the ability to dance during an argument.”
 

Youngbae laughed, “Don’t make fun of your girl like that.” Seungri rolled his eyes before grabbing his school jacket from one of the chairs in the room. “So you danced?” Youngbae asked to you. You nodded, “I guess, I didn’t even realize that what we were doing.” He nodded, “I guess tomorrow I’ll have to try something like that. Though, I don’t think I’ll try what Seungri did. I’m not that brave.” You giggled and nodded before Seungri was once again pulling you towards the door and down the hall.
 

“See you tomorrow, Youngbae-hyung!” Seungri called over his shoulder before the door shut behind the two of you. “Would you quit pulling me every which way?” you asked, exasperated, “Besides, I need to put my shoes back on.” He stopped and let go of your wrist, waiting slightly impatiently as you slipped your shoes back on. “I thought you would want to keep them off,” he commented when you finally righted yourself. “No, I have to get used to them, so I need to wear them to make them stop hurting,” you replied as you hobbled towards the exit.
 

He shook his head as he followed you out, his car waiting for the two of you. “Did you even call them?” you asked, wondering if his driver was secretly stalking the two of you. “No, I texted them after the sixth time you almost injured yourself,” he said before opening the door for you. You gave him a weird look before getting in. The door shut behind you and Seungri entered in on the other side.
 

“Where to, Lee-ssi?” the driver asked. “We’re taking ______ home,” Seungri replied before pulling out his I-pod. You sighed, “Hey, what about my stuff? It’s all in the other car.” He shrugged as he unraveled the chord, “I’ll have someone pick it up and bring it to your house.” He put the earbuds on, but you pulled them back out. “What?” he demanded as he reached over to take them back from you. “It’s rude to ignore someone in the car with you,” you countered, trying to keep them away from him.
 

“Yeah? It’s also rude to take someone’s stuff,” he replied as he reached around you to take them back. He put them back in and you sighed, “Jerk…” He glanced over at you and smiled slightly before turning towards the window, “God, if it was any girl but you, I would swear that was flirting.”
 

“I was not flirting!” you exclaimed, blushing slightly as you hit his arm. “Ow! I didn’t say you were!” he said as he scooted away from you. You turned away from him and crossed your arms over your chest, making him chuckle slightly before turning on his I-pod and going back to ignoring you. When the driver finally stopped in front of your house, you stepped out and hobbled up to the door.
 

A maid opened it for you and you kicked off your shoes as soon as you got through the door. “Did you have a good day, ______(last name)-ssi?” she asked as she leaned down to pick the shoes up. “Oh, I guess, but wait! Don’t do that! I can pick them up,” you said, trying to take the shoes back from her. “It’s alright, just focus on getting up to your room. I remember when I first wore heels, I’m surprised you can even walk now,” she replied with a small bow before she walked away. “Yeah, me too,” you mumbled as you walked up to your room, wincing the whole way there.