3 Months

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 2: 3 Months

    You sat down in a chair next to your mother’s and smiled sweetly at Mr. and Mrs. Lee. “It’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance,” you said, bowing slightly. Mr. Lee smiled back before complimenting your parents about you, as if you were a pet or something like that. You turned to Seungri and mouthed, “What are you doing here?” He rolled his eyes and mouthed back, “Listen, idiot.” You stuck your tongue out at him before turning back to act like a smiling china doll.
    “So then the wedding should take place in about three months?” Mr. Lee asked and your father nodded. “Yes, that should give them just enough time to finish up with this school year.” You looked at your mom, confused, before pulling on her sleeve like you were a little kid again. “Omani… What is everyone talking about?” you asked, making Mr. Lee chuckle slightly while Mrs. Lee looked at you almost apologetically. “Your wedding of course. Haven’t you been listening at all?” your mom replied, her smile straining slightly.
    “To who?” you asked, the onset of panic coloring your tone slightly. “To my son, Seunghyun,” Mr. Lee responded with a warm smile. You felt your mouth drop open slightly before shaking your head. “No,” you said aloud, making your mother’s smile fade for a moment. “You really don’t have a choice in this,” she whispered at you, “Don’t embarrass us.” You stared wide-eyed at your mom before looking back at Seungri who was watching your reaction with mild amusement. “But, this just happen. Arranged marriage only happens in dramas and bad fan fiction,” you protested, your tone beginning to rise at the thought of marrying the very jerk you had punched this morning.
    “This is very important to your father’s company, darling,” you mother said while your father cleared his throat. “No…Just… Just no.” You stood up and your mother grabbed your arm, trying to make you sit back down. You wrenched your arm away before walking towards the door. “_______-ah, come sit down now. We need to discuss this,” she ordered. You didn’t even reply; you just walked out the door very calmly and continued down the hall. Once you were out the door and had passed the front gates, you took off. Your feet flew under you, making you wonder if they were actually touching the ground or not as you ran to the only place you felt safe at.

Seungri’s POV~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    “I’m so sorry about that,” your mother apologized again. “It’s alright. We understand, it must have been such a shock for her,” his father replied, smiling a charming smile that Seungri knew was fake. “But Seunghyun has handled the news so well,” your father said, returning the smile with one of his own. “Yes, I knew that they would sell me off someday,” he said as he stood.
    “Seunghyun-ah, what do you think you’re doing?” his father asked with a sigh. “I just came to see her reaction. Since she left, I’m off too,” he replied as he passed them. A servant showed him the way out and to his car. “Take me home,” he ordered as he buckled the seatbelt. “Yes, Seunghyun-ssi,” the driver replied before turning down the road that would take them home the fastest. He pulled his I-pod out from his pocket and untangled his headphones. As he his music, he noticed you out of the corner of his eye. You were running as hard as you could, looking like you were trying to outrun the devil himself.
    Seungri chuckled and shook his head before turning the volume up so it would block everything out. “Stupid girl, you can’t outrun fate,” he mumbled before sighing as he leaned his head against the window. He watched your form through the side mirrors until the car turned the corner.

Your POV~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    You finally stood outside your aunt’s apartment. Well, stood wasn’t the right word. You were leaning against the wall, trying to catch your breath. Your lungs felt like they were on fire while your knees felt like jelly. Honestly, what did you expect from running the two miles to her apartment. You raised your hand and knocked on the door, hoping that she was home instead of at school, working. After a few moments, she answered the door and you almost fell over yourself trying to get inside. She caught you and asked, worriedly, “What is it? What’s wrong?”
    “They…They…” you panted as she led you into the modest living room. “They, who? They what?” she asked back as she sat next to you on her overstuffed sofa she had had for as long as you could remember. “Mom…Mom and Dad… They….Arranged Marriage…Me…Seungri,” you managed to get out as you finally caught your breath. “Hold on there, kid. Why don’t you try running that past me again?” she asked, wrapping a strong arm around you. You took a gulp of air before explaining, as best as you could, what had transpired after you had gotten home from school.
    “So they finally did it, huh?” she sighed, “They’ve been talking about it for years, working it out with the Lee family they said, but I never actually believed them. I thought they were joking. Never can underestimate your mother though.” You glanced up at her and found her gaze wandering to one of the only pictures of her in the house. It was a photo of your mother, father, and her the day he had proposed. They all looked so happy; especially your mother, but you had always wondered why your father was standing in between the two women instead of your mother. All of the other photos on the walls were of you throughout the different stages of your life. You were her foster child; she had always acted more like a mom to you anyways. It only made sense that she did the sentimental stuff like having your pictures everywhere, even the ones you really wished she would hurry up and take down already.
    “What do you mean you didn’t believe them? You knew?!” you asked, pulling away from her with a look of betrayal. She sighed, “Your father spoke to me about it once, saying that your mother had been talking about it, but I warned him not to do it. Your mother has been thinking about it since you were born, but I thought that she wouldn’t do it. I’m so sorry, honey.” You dropped your head into your hands and just sat there, not sure what to do or think. “Do I really not have a choice in this?”
    She sighed again, “You don’t have a choice in marriage. Your mother will make sure that it happens, but you have a choice on what happens after.”
    “What do you mean?”
    “I mean, you don’t have to stay married to him. Go get a divorce, or have an affair,” she said, making you snort slightly. “Isn’t marriage supposed to be sacred?” you asked, looking up at her. She shrugged, “Aren’t you supposed to be in love with the person you’re marrying?” You leaned on her shoulder and sighed, “Why aren’t you being much help, Ahjumma?” She hugged you and stayed quiet for a moment before replying, “I’ll try and talk to them, but I’m not going to promise anything. Why don’t you stay here the night, I’ll take you to school tomorrow.”
    You nodded and reached for the TV remote while your mom got up and walked into the kitchen where the landline was. You the TV and found some cartoons to numb your brain for a little while your aunt’s voice steadily got louder and louder until she was yelling at your mom. You knew she was yelling at your mom because she would never talk like that to your father, it just didn’t happen. You groaned and turned the volume up louder, wondering how you were going to make it through school tomorrow knowing that your future husband was a panda-eyed jerk. Worse yet, how were you going to break the news to Eunsook?