Chapter 32: Decisions

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 32: Decisions

                “What are you talking about?” you asked, shocked at the words that just came out of Mr. Lee’s mouth. “Well, you seem to be intent on bringing shame to the Lee name,” he said, glaring at you across the desk. “What are you talking about?” you asked, confused.

                “You punch my son in the face, twice. You’re seen with the son of the Kwon family, even kissing inside his car, while engaged to my son. Also, my sources tell me that last night you stayed in an abandoned church with a boy by the name of Daesung. How can I let a girl like you marry my son?” you flinched at his words and looked down at your shoes.

                “You don’t understand-” you tried to defend yourself. “I think I understand just fine. You have already embarrassed me in the two months you have been engaged to my son. If you act this way now, how will you act once the two of you are married?”

                “But I-”

               “I want you to think carefully about your choices. I can always buy out your father’s company, it is no huge expense. I thought I would give him a choice to save his business, but you seem to be ruining it for him. So, how will I gain control over your father’s company? The choice is yours,” he said, looking at you with a carefully calculated look.

                You stared at him in shock. A few minutes passed in silence as you pulled yourself together in order to answer his question. “I will-”

                “Aboji, I have a question about the report you gave me,” Seungri said, flipping through some papers as he walked inside. “Haven’t I told you before to knock before you enter?” his father replied in an annoyed tone. “Yes, but-” he paused when he saw you staring at him, “What is she doing here?”

                “I was taking care of something.”

                “No. Not with her. I told you to leave her alone.”

                “And I told you not to embarrass me.” Seungri glared at his father before placing the papers on the desk. “You worry about the business and I’ll worry about my personal life. Leave her alone,” he said before grabbing your wrist and pulling you up. “You can’t talk to me like that!” Mr. Lee growled.

                “I’ll pay for it later,” he said before dragging you out of the room. He pulled you down another couple hallways before finally letting go of your wrist. “Are you okay?” he asked, turning around to look at you. “Yeah,” you nodded, but kept your eye on the ground.

                “What did he want from you?” he asked. “He wanted me to choose between marrying you or letting my dad’s company get bought out.”

              “What did you say?” you were about to answer when he covered your mouth, “Never mind, I don’t want to know.” You pulled his hand down and sighed, “I didn’t say anything. You interrupted my answer.”

                “Good because your week still isn’t over. You have another few days to decide,” he said with a soft smile, “Ah, but you’re not supposed to see me yet.” He walked behind you and covered your eyes. “I don’t think this really counts,” you said with a small laugh. “Well, technically you’re not seeing me. You didn’t say anything about my ability to see you.”

                “Seungri-ah!” you whined as he kissed the crook of your neck. “Hm? But I thought that this would work for the both of us. Pretty smart, right?” he chuckled, his breath hitting your neck and making you shiver. “No, I think this is a lot better for you than it is for me.”

                “Technicalities,” he mumbled before removing his hands from your eyes, “But do you think you could tell me your decision now?”

                “I thought you didn’t want to know.”

                “Well,” he paused, “I do but I don’t. I want you to pick me, but I’m afraid you won’t.”

                “Are you actually doubting yourself?” you asked, surprised. “No, I’m doubting you,” he teased before leading back down to the main floor. “Just one more day, okay?” you asked as you turned to the doors. “You had another three days anyways,” he said with a shrug, “but I definitely prefer one to three.”

                You nodded before going through the doors. For once, you were glad to see your mom’s car waiting for you. You got in, but ignored all of her questions as she drove you back to the house.  After the first few minutes, she gave up anyways. Once you were home, you went up to your room and sat down at your desk.

                You were about to turn on your computer when your phone began ringing. You answered and was pleasantly surprised to hear Daesung’s voice, How are you doing, ______-ah?”

                “I’m…okay, but I want to go back to your church already.”

                “Really? Well I can come pick you up again. I have nothing to do anyways.”

                “Why are you so nice?”

                “Because we’re friends, that’s why,” he said with a laugh before hanging up the phone. You chuckled before changing into shorts and a shirt. You put your phone in your pocket before going downstairs to wait for Daesung. Once he showed up, you raced to his car and got in. “Why do bad things always happen to you, huh?” he asked once he saw your face.

                “I have no idea,” you said with a laugh before he drove you to the church. He pulled up and was about to shut the motor off when you stopped him. “Wait, can we go somewhere else?”

                “But I thought you wanted to go here?”

                “I did but I think I know what I have to do.”

                “Okay…and where do I need to take you?”

                “Jiyong’s apartment.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

so we're winding down to the last couple of chapters haha

i wanna finish before college starts on Thursday so....except a lot of updates haha