Chapter 13: Couple Rings

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 13: Couple Rings

 

            You didn’t get home until late, but your stomach was so full of butterflies that you couldn’t sleep anyways. “We’re official now,” you mumbled to yourself as you turned over on the bed again, “What is that panda planning?” Before the party ended, he warned you that he was going to pick you up at six, so you had better be ready. Jiyong had overheard, so he had warned you that you better wear something cute as well. Those dorks.

            You sighed before snuggling into your pillow, hoping to maybe get some sleep. It took longer than you thought for the wheels in your head to quit turning; fortunately, after that, you quickly dozed off into a light slumber. When you woke the next morning, sun was filtering through your blinds and onto the clothes laid out on your desk. You somehow managed to pull yourself out of bed and shuffled over to the clothes. On top was a note written by Jiyong. You knew it was from him because half of the note was his signature.

            The note told you that he had these clothes picked out for you by one of the maids and that you were to wear them for Seungri tonight. If you didn’t, you would run the risk of pissing him off. That was a risk you just weren’t willing to take. Even though you hadn’t made him angry yet, you were willing to bet it was a side of him that you could live without seeing.

            You rubbed your eyes before going into the bathroom to take a shower. When you got out, you pulled on a t-shirt and sweatpants since you didn’t want to get the nice clothes dirty. You went downstairs and quickly ate some breakfast in the kitchen with one of the maids. She congratulated you on the wedding announcement, so you thanked her nicely before placing your dishes in the dishwasher and going back upstairs. You hadn’t had much time in the last week to actually do much homework, so you were going to do most (if not all) of it today.

            After hours of homework, with the occasional food and internet breaks, you finally decided it was time to get ready for Seungri. So, you stood in front of your mirror, trying to style your hair, and feeling like an idiot. “Why am I even doing this?” you asked yourself as you tried to arrange your hair in an over-the-shoulder style you had seen some k-pop artists doing. After another few minutes of wrestling with your locks you finally gave up and pulled it up into a pony-tail.

            You then attempted to do your make-up, only to realize that you really had nothing in that sort of field. So, you did what you could before putting on the outfit Jiyong had chosen for you. It was definitely a cute outfit. It seemed like Jiyong was determined to never dress you ily. You smiled at the thought, wondering, for a moment, if you would ever be Seungri’s ideal type. You rolled your eyes at yourself before going back in your room today on the bed and wait for Seungri to hurry up and get here.

            When the maid announced that he had arrived, you nearly ran down the stairs. You didn’t completely run because you were wearing heels, the only shoes that went with the outfit Jiyong had chosen. You almost tripped down the stairs because of those stupid shoes, but luckily you were able to catch yourself.

            Seungri waited outside for you and smiled when he saw you. “You look pretty,” he said as he led you to the car. “So do you,” you teased with a small giggle, making him snort. “You’re supposed to call me handsome or amazing or-”

            “No, pretty works.” He sighed, but his lips stayed quirked up in a smile as he started the car. “So, where are we going?” you asked as he drove down the familiar streets of your neighborhood. “To get you a ring.”

            “For what?”

            “For our engagement, idiot,” he said, teasing you slightly before pulling up to a jewelry store. “But that’s expensive,” you argued as he parked. “Yeah, but I can afford it. I’m rich, just like you, remember?” he tapped your head lightly before getting out. You sighed and shook your head but followed him into the store, grabbing his hand as the doors opened automatically.

            Seungri greeted one of the people working there and dragged you over to the glass case. “What do you like?” he asked. “Nothing gaudy, I’m not Jiyong,” you mumbled, making Seungri laugh before nodding. “Anything else?” you shrugged. You weren’t really sure what you liked, you had never really paid attention to jewelry or rings or weddings. Pretty much anything to do with romance or the opposite had no interest for you.

            “How about this one?” Seungri asked, pointing down to a platinum ring with a single diamond. You shrugged before looking around in the case. “I like those,” you pointed at a pair of couple rings. They were a dull gold color and had no jewels on them, but the design is what you liked the most. They were so oddly shaped that the only thing they could fit with was the other ring. It was really cute. “We’re supposed to be looking at engagement rings, not couple rings,” Seungri whispered in your ear before planting a kiss on your cheek, “but if you really want them…”

            He turned back to the salesperson and asked to see the rings. “I guess it’ll work. I’ll just have to go wedding band shopping without you though. Otherwise all we’ll ever get is couple rings, huh?” You blushed as the person came back with the rings in your size. You put yours on your ring finger while Seungri’s had to be put on his pinky. He paid for the rings before wrapping his arm around your shoulders, “Where do you want to go now?”

            “Go get food?” you asked. “Well then, this way, my lady.” He bowed and opened up the car door. He drove to a small café that looked like nothing, but it seemed perfect to the two of you. You both were so often in the spotlight and so often forced to do upscale things so that places like this were more special to you two than a five star restaurant.

            It turned out to be a couple café, so you two got your own little room where there was a table and cushion under it that reminded you of a bed. It was really cute though and, thankfully, not completely pink. “You knew this was a couple café, didn’t you?” you asked as the door was shut by one of the waitresses. “Go look at your menu, jagiya,” he ignored the question and held up his own menu.

            When the waitress came back, you ordered a hot chocolate and a chocolate cake while Seungri ordered an ice cream sundae and a latte. After he left, you sat with your legs curled up under you, playing with the new ring on your finger. “You like it, right?” he asked, leaning his elbows on the table. You nodded, but frowned slightly. “What is it?”

            “Eunsook-”

            “Don’t talk about her. If you’re going to get all stressed out about what she’s going to think, don’t be friends with her anymore. If she was really your friend, she would be happy for you no matter feelings she had or has for me. That is friendship,” he said in a calm, even voice, but his eyes were hard. “But, she’s my only friend. I don’t want her to hate me,” you whispered. He leaned over the table and cradled your head in his hands, causing you to look up at him.

            “She’s not your only friend. You have Jiyong and Daesung along with my other friends. They all really care about you. Jiyong even threatened me if I hurt you. Do you know how scary it is to have one of your best friends threaten you?” he chuckled slightly, “Friendship isn’t conditional. She should love you no matter who you date or what you do. So, don’t worry anymore, okay? Besides, even if she hates you and everyone leaves you, I’ll always be here. You have me, you don’t need anyone else.”

            “Seungri-ah,” you whispered, tears clouding your vision. That was the nicest thing anyone had ever said to you. “Yes?” he asked, leaning in closer so that your breath mingled with his. “I…I really like you,” you admitted, for once not thinking about Eunsook. For once, you were just going to think about what was going on between you and Seungri without worrying about other people’s thoughts or opinions. “I know,” he whispered, smirking slightly before leaning in far enough to close the distance between your lips.

            Your lips molded against his as you closed your eyes. He pulled back slightly after a small, chaste kiss, but you leaned back in to kiss him again. Kissing him felt good; kissing him felt right. His hands moved back to undo your ponytail before tangling themselves in your hair as he deepened the kiss. Your hands rested on his chest as your lips parted for his. But, all too soon, he pulled back with a triumphant grin on his face.

            Your face turned three different shades of red, each one darker than the last. He laughed as the waitress opened the door and placed your orders on the table. “Well, that was fun,” he said, making you throw your napkin at him. He only laughed more at that, but his laughter made you smile. You lied seeing him smile. You ate most of your cake and a part of Seungri’s ice cream after finding out that he had ordered it for the two of you to share.

            “We should do that again,” he said after you both exited the restaurant, making you blush. He saw and chuckled before ruffling your hair, “I meant eating here again, you ert.”

            “Yah! I’ not the ert! You kissed me first!” you exclaimed, pulling away from him. He grabbed your hand and pulled you back, “I kissed you first, but you continued it. So, it’s your fault. Take responsibility, young lady.” You shook your head and sighed as he opened the car door for you. “Taking me home now?” you asked.

            “Yeah, I guess I have to. We do have school tomorrow. Though, I would much prefer just to take you home with me,” he said with a wink as he started up the car again. “Now who’s the ert,” you mumbled with a small smile. Your first kiss… Your first kiss was amazing. Why hadn’t you done that sooner? He was a great kisser. You shook your head, not wanting those weird thoughts to continue. God, you sounded like those girls at school who fawned all over him 24/7.

            “Are you going to get out or should I assume that you want to go home with me?” Seungri asked after third minute of sitting out in front of your house, watching you with our head in the clouds. “Why didn’t you tell me we were here?’ you asked, undoing your seatbelt. “I did, you weren’t listening though. Am I really so good of a kisser that you’re still in shock?” he teased. “S-Shut up,” you retorted as you turned to open the door.

            “Nice comeback,” he replied before pulling you back to face him, “Now where’s my goodnight kiss, hm?” You kissed his forehead, “There. That’s your goodnight kiss.” He shook his head and sighed as you opened the door and got out. “I’m going to get payback for that, I hope you know,” he called out to you before you shut the door. “Whatever,” you rolled your eyes before going back into your home and ascending the stairs.  

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

i got a new laptop so i don't have issues posting anymore, yay! I used to have to go through and have to space everything out for every chapter, but now i don't have to because i finally got an updated version of word and a new computer, yay~!

anyways, i hope you guys liked this chapter :D

i'm sorry if the kiss scene isn't that good, but i haven't really ever wrote kiss scenes so give me some feedback :)

thank you~