Chapter 16: Bullies

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 16: Bullies

 

            School had become hell. It didn’t start off that way, it started off slow. There were whispers in the halls that you paid no mind to, but they started getting louder and louder every day until people began hurling insults as you walked by. You had become ostracized by your classmates; no one even looked at you while you were in the classroom. Even Eunsook seemed to be avoiding you, looking down at the ground and shaking her head yes or no whenever you tried to talk to her or ask her something.

            You tried to ignore it, look the other way and all that, but it hurt. The only escape that you had was lunchtime when you could flee to the roof and pretend everything was fine with Seungri, Jiyong, and the rest. Even Eunsook would go back to normal once you had reached that shelter, but something about her seemed to set you off. You didn’t want to talk to her even when she would talk to you now. How could you be friends when she would ignore you for most of the day?

            That being said, you tried to pretend that everything was fine in front of her and in front of the boys. You didn’t want them to know what was going on. It would only add more stress to Seungri’s life and you were afraid of what Jiyong might do to the kids who had been torturing you. So, when one of them wanted to meet you for something after school, you would rush to their class as soon as the bell rang.

            You would go to your aunt’s house almost every day and sit with her on the couch with your head on her lap. She would sit there and soothe you while watching the news or some sort of television program. One day, after a date with Seungri that had started off as hanging out with Jiyong, you wanted to do something besides feeling sorry for yourself. “Ahjumma,” you began as you walked through the door, “Can you help me with something?”

            “With what, baby girl?” she asked, turning the volume down on the TV. “I want to make a lunch for me and Seungri tomorrow,” you said, hoping that she would help you. She chuckled, “You really like this kid, huh?” you nodded, “Well then, what are we waiting for? Let’s go start on your lunch box.” You grinned and ran into the kitchen, only to realize that you had no idea exactly what you should be cooking. So, your aunt helped you every step of the way.

            It was a rather large lunchbox, considering that your aunt also insisted you add some extra portions for Jiyong. He had become almost a regular fixture at the apartment, helping your aunt with anything that she wanted and had become almost like a second nephew to her. You didn’t want to leave the lunchbox alone in your class, afraid that your classmates would do something to it, but a sudden need to use the restroom cause you to leave it unguarded. You hoped that maybe Eunsook would watch it, but had a feeling that she wouldn’t.

            When you got back in the class, the lunchbox looked fine, but you were still afraid. So, right before lunch started, you opened it. Everything was covered in dirt. You bit your lip, trying to keep your tears at bay. What the hell had you done to be treated like this? Nothing! That’s what you had done; nothing. You left it there and walked up to the roof, lying and saying that you forgot your lunch at home.

            Even though the boys all shared their lunches with you, you still felt horrible. You had worked so hard to do something nice for the two most important guys in your life and it had turned around to bite you in the . You leaned on Seungri shoulder and took comfort in his presence before your safe time ended. When you returned, your lunchbox had been dumped all over your desk, but underneath the food remains, you could make out the word “” carved onto your desk. You took a deep breath before swiping the remains back into the box before sitting down on your chair, after checking it of course.

            Even after the bell rang, you just sat at your desk, staring at the letters and whispering them to yourself. ? How could you be a ? All you had ever done was kissed Seungri, that didn’t qualify for that term. But, then again, nothing you had done seemed to add up for what these people had been doing. You sighed and reached down for your bag when you heard a voice hiss, “Who did that?”

            You looked up and saw Jiyong staring down at your desk, his fists clenched at his sides. He turned to Eunsook and asked again, “Who did this?” Eunsook stared at him, wide-eyed as she grabbed her bag. “I don’t know,” she mumbled, turning away from him. “Liar. Tell me,” he growled, startling even you. “I don’t know… Some classmates?” she whimpered, taking steps back away from him.

            “Some classmates?” he glanced around the remaining people in your class, “Anyone want to tell me who did this?” Silence, everyone remaining looked down at the floor or out the window. No one wanted to even look at Jiyong, not even you. “No one? Really? Well, that’s okay, I’ll find out.” He smiled, but his eyes were hard.

            “It’s time to go, __________-ah. Oppa is going to take you out today.” You nodded and got up, tucking your lunchbox under your arm. “I thought you said you forgot your lunch,” he said as the two of you walked down the hall together. “I didn’t want to worry you or Seungri,” you mumbled as he took it from you. He opened it up and tossed the entire thing in the nearest garbage can.

            “I’m not worried. I’m pissed. There’s a difference,” he said, glaring at anyone who just happened to cross his path. “I was afraid of that too,” you said, twisting your ring as what was now your nervous habit. He sighed and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, “Don’t hide things from me or Seungri. It’s not healthy for you to be dealing with all of this.”

            “But he’s already so stressed out I don’t want to add to that.”

            “Fine then, just don’t hide things from me. I’m not stressed out, so lean on me.” You stayed quiet as he led you to his car. “Where are we going?” you asked as he opened the passenger’s door for you. “You’re going to Seungri’s house so he can take care of you. I’m going to protect you.”  

 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

so, i was wondering if you guys could help me with banners? So, how do i request one or pay for one and things like that? I'm still pretty new so i'm not exactly sure what to do haha ^^;;

anyways, i hope ya'll enjoyed this update even if it is kinda sad