Chapter 10: WTF?!

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 10: WTF?!

“What the hell?!” you exclaimed, shocked as you stumbled back from Seungri. He burst out into laughter and continued laughing until he was almost out of breath. “What the hell was that?! What the hell?!” you kept asking over and over again while he tried to catch his breath. “That was a kiss on the cheek. Haven’t you gotten one before?” he asked once he regained the ability to form sentences without hiccups of laughter interrupting him.


“No!” This only made him start laughing again, “Stop laughing! Yah! Lee Seunghyun, quit laughing at me!”


“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. It’s just…was that really the first time anyone’s ever kissed your cheek?” you nodded, “Have you ever even had your first kiss?” You blushed bright red and started walking away from him, not willing to answer that. He grinned before catching up to you and wrapped his arm around you waist, pulling you close to him.


“Quit being so touchy,” you huffed, trying to pull away from him. “Quit being so cute,” he replied. “I thought you only liked y girls.”


“You’re the exception, idiot,” he kissed the side of your head again. “Would you stop that?” you snapped, your heart beating a mile a minute. The reason why Eunsook had been upset with you in the first place was because she thought that the two of you were together. How could you let him act like this with you when it would only hurt Eunsook more? “No because you like me too. That’s why your face is so red,” he said in a smug voice.


“Shut up you stupid jerk.”


“I’ll shut up if you kiss me.”


“Jiyong will compliment me on my own choice of clothing before that happens,” He pouted but you ignored him, “Aegyo won’t work on me.” He sighed, “What kind of a girl are you? My aegyo works on everyone.”


“Don’t be so full of yourself. Now, take me home, okay?”


“Don’t you want to hang out with me more?”


“Sure, some other day.”


“Aish! I spend all day comforting you and this is my payment?”


“Yup.”


“No wonder you’ve never had your first kiss.”


“Yah!” you exclaimed, raising your first as if to hit him. He flinched and you started laughing, only making him frown more. “That’s domestic abuse.”


“We’re not married yet and I didn’t hit you, so it technically isn’t,” you replied, making his shake his head at you. “Why am I getting married to someone as abusive as you?”


“Because your father said so,” you teased as the two of you arrived at the car. You quickly got in and he sat down next to you inside the car. “Your father called Lee-ssi,” the driver said, “He was very upset that you missed the meeting earlier today.”


“Whatever. It wasn’t as if it was actually important. I’ll deal with him when I get home. Now, hurry up and take _______ home,” he ordered in a stiff voice. “Take me with you; I can apologize to your father for you. Maybe you won’t get into as much trouble then,” you offered. He smiled wryly and shook his head, “I highly doubt that there is anything you could say to help me at this point. Besides, you’d probably just end up punching him and making things worse, you violent girl.”


“I’m not that bad!”


“But my father is. If I piss you off enough to punch me, my dad will cause you to commit murder.”


“I was just trying to help. You don’t have to insult me,” you said with your arms crossed over your chest. “I wasn’t trying to insult you. I’m just telling you the truth. My dad is an .” He leaned his head on your shoulder and wrapped his arms around your waist. “Get off,” you mumbled. “Nope. You said you wanted to help. This helps, so let me stay like this,” he chuckled, “I’m gathering my courage.”


You sighed and leaned your head back against his, wondering how someone who pissed you off so much could make your heart flutter with every action or word. You decided it must be your hormones. When the car finally stopped in front of your house, he let go of your waist. “See you tomorrow,” you said as you opened the door and stepped out. “If I survive,” he answered back before shutting the door behind you.


You sighed and shook your head before walking up to the front door. You quickly walked up to your room and did your normal evening routine before collapsing on your bed. You tried to close your eyes and go to sleep, but thoughts about Seungri kept popping up. You reached for your phone but then realized that you didn’t have his number. “That jerk,” you said with a sigh, “making me stay up late worrying about him when we have school tomorrow.”

 

The next day, you waited in front of Seungri’s classroom, feeling very self-conscious. The bell rang and you finally saw him walking down the hall with Jiyong by his side. “________-ah, what are you doing here?” he asked, surprised. “I just…” you trailed on, not wanting to admit that you were actually worried about him, but he knew. He smirked, “You were worried about me, weren’t you?”


“No!” he raised an eyebrow, “Well… Maybe, just a little bit,” you admitted sheepishly. Jiyong laughed, “Aw, look at you two love birds! So cute, but I guess I’m not wanted here anymore. See you later.” He left the two of you standing awkwardly in front of the classroom. “Um…Well, I guess I should go too,” you said, turning to head back towards your own class. “Oh, no you don’t,” he said, grabbing your hand and turning you around.


“What? I’m going to be late,” you whined. “You’re going to eat lunch with me today. We eat lunch on the roof.”


“Okay, fine, but I need to go now.”


“Promise.”


“Yah! Seungri-ah!”


“Promise.”


“Fine, I promise,” you sighed, making him grin as he let go of his hand. “If you don’t show, I’m going to punish you.”


“Oh yeah? And how are you going to do that?”


“I don’t know yet,” he admitted, making you laugh, “But I’ll think of something, I swear.” You shook your head and continued down the hall towards your class, not looking forward to it at all. You weren’t sure what would happen with Eunsook, and you felt extremely guilty about not telling her about Seungri beforehand. You were prepared for the worst, but that hadn’t prepared you for what happened when you walked in the class.


Eunsook looked up at you and smiled when you walked in. You shakily returned the sentiment before sitting down behind her. You wanted to ask her if you just imagined what happened yesterday but the teacher walked in before you could ask anything. When the bell finally rang for lunch, you stood up after grabbing your lunch, about to head to the rooftop, when Eunsook stopped you. “Where are you going?” she asked.


“To the rooftop, Seungri wanted me to eat with him and the rest of the guys today,” you answered truthfully. “Aren’t we going to eat together?” she asked, frowning slightly, a small wrinkle forming on her forehead like it always did when she used this face on you. “But I thought you were mad at me.”


“I was, but then I realized that I overreacted. It wasn’t like you and him are actually together. You’re being forced into this, right? So… I guess I should try and support you. Friends come first, right?” she asked, looking up at you, hopefully. You nodded, not being able to help the smile that broke across your face. “So, come with me to go eat with them. It’ll be fun,” you said, wanting to jump up and down for joy now that you knew you hadn’t lost your best friend.


You carried up your lunches to the roof and smiled when you saw Seungri and quickly introduced Eunsook to everyone there. “That’s nice,” Seungri said with his own lunch on his lap, “Now come over here and sit.” You were about to sit down when Eunsook sat next to him instead. You didn’t want Eunsook to think that you liked Seungri more than her, so you sat in between her and Daesung instead of Seungri.


The entire lunch was spent with Eunsook going back and forth between talking to you and talking to Seungri. Every time you would try to talk to your fiancé, Eunsook would intervene somehow, either turning back to talk to you or by asking Seungri another question. Eventually, you just gave up and turned your full attention onto Daesung. “Doreamon is way better than Pokémon!” he argued.


“No way! Pokémon is so much better!” you argued back, waving your chopsticks around as you spoke about the amazing aspects of your favorite cartoon. This argument continued until the bell rang to signal lunch’s end. “We will continue this later,” Daesung declared as he rose. “Yes, I believe we will,” you replied, grabbing the hand he offered to help you up. You began to follow him out when someone grabbed your wrist and pulled you back. “Next time, sit next to me, okay?” Seungri asked. You nodded, making him smile slightly before Eunsook took you by the arm. “Come on, ________-ah, let’s get to class,” she said as she pulled you towards the stairs.

 

Seungri sighed as he held back. Jiyong walked up next to him and asked, “What’s bugging you?”


“I don’t know, hyung,” he replied, “I just don’t feel like you can be that nice to someone you made cry the day before. It just doesn’t fit.” Jiyong chuckled, “You’re just mad that she -blocked you. Just take her out on a date or something without her friend.” Seungri smiled and nodded, but he still couldn’t shake the feeling that something was up. “Aish, this girl,” he mumbled, “screwing with me in ways she doesn’t even know.”