The First Misunderstanding

A Husband in Three Months

 Chapter 5: The First Misunderstanding

You walked slowly down the stairs and out the door, sighing when a car rolled up to meet you. “I hate heels,” you mumbled to yourself repeatedly as you got into the back seat and pulled your phone out. You texted Eunsook, telling her that you would meet her at school instead of walking with her. “Jiyong better be happy,” you said with a sigh as the car pulled up to school and you got out.
 

Your heels clicked against the laminated floor as you tried to pace yourself, not wanting to look like a fool. “________-ah!” someone called your name. You turned and saw Jiyong running up to you, “I’m so proud!” You started laughing and rolled your eyes, “What are you proud of exactly?”
“That you actually did what you were told,” he said with a grin. “Yah, Sunbae, you threatened me if I didn’t. I don’t want to know what the punishment would be,” you said as you turned and continued slowly walking to your class. He fell into step beside you, “Yeah well it was probably just going to be going on a date with Seungri or wearing a dress. Both of which you’ll have to do eventually.”
 

“Well, I will avoid them as long as possible!” you said determinately. He laughed and shook his head, “He’s really not that bad of a guy. He’s just stressed out right now.” You arched an eyebrow but didn’t say anything. “I’m serious,” he continued, “Once you get to know him, he’s starts to grow on you.” You sighed, “Yeah well, even so, I’m not allowed to like him anyways. So, it doesn’t matter.”
 

“Wait, why aren’t you allowed to?”
 

“Girl code.”
 

“What?”
 

“Nothing.”
 

“Yah!”
 

You laughed before bowing slightly, “See you later, Sunbae.” He sighed, “Hey, I told you to call me Oppa! Come meet us on the roof for lunch today.” You shook your head, “I eat lunch with Eunsook, here.” He sighed, “Whatever, be difficult then.” You rolled your eyes, “I’ll see you after school though, right?” He nodded, “Yup, you’ll see all of us. Not sure what we’re doing today though.” You shrugged, “It’s fine, see you, Oppa.” He smirked and gave you a wink, “Good girl.” You laughed again before he walked to his class.
 

“________-ah? Why were you talking to Jiyong?” Eunsook asked. You grimaced before turning around with a smile. “Hey, Eunsook-ah! Well, you see, we’ve sort of become friends.” She raised an eyebrow, “After you punched one of his best friends?” You sighed, “Yeah, I don’t know how it happened either, but…yeah.”
 

“You’re not telling me something.” You sighed and nodded, “Yeah, but I can’t tell you right now. I’ll tell you later, okay? Just wait a little while?” She paused and glanced down at your shoes, “How long is a little while?” You sighed and shifted your weight from foot to foot, “During lunch?” She smiled slightly and nodded, satisfied with that answer. “Alright, let’s go in okay?” You nodded and followed her like a lost puppy in the class, wincing slightly at your heels already.
 

Your classes passed by quickly, mostly because you were doodling on the edges of every page of notes your teachers told you to fill out. Finally, the bell rang for lunch and you immediately pulled out your boxed lunch. Eunsook turned to you and set her lunch on your desk as well. “So, you want to tell me now?” she asked. You nodded, but stared down at your food. “I’m not really sure how to say this though…” you mumbled.
 

“It’s okay, just tell me. We’re best friends. Whatever’s going on can’t be that bad,” she reassured you. You took in a breath before beginning, “Well… so my parents… Well they um…” she waited patiently while you fumbled for words, but you were cut off as the door to your class opened. “________-ah! You’re wearing heels?!” Daesung exclaimed as he walked in. You sighed and laughed slightly before nodding. “Omo, really? Jiyong even got to you?” he asked, walking over to steal a chair from the empty desk beside you.
 

You nodded, “He said he would punish me if I didn’t, but why are you so surprised?” you asked, as you pulled out your chopsticks. “From the way Seungri described you, I expected you to fight tooth and nail. He made you sound like a super villain,” he replied, a cute smile lighting up your face.
“She’s really not that bad,” Eunsook said in a small voice as she picked at her lunch. He nodded, “Yeah, she’s pretty entertaining too, huh?” he asked as he stoke a piece of kimbap from your lunch. “Yah! That was mine!” you exclaimed as he popped it into his mouth.
 

“But my tummy has it now,” he replied, teasing you slightly, “Oh wait, I came here for a reason… Right. Jiyong told me that we’re going to pick you up and take you somewhere so just wait here for me to come get you.”
 

“Why you?” he pouted slightly, “Not that I don’t like you! You’re really cool; I just thought it would be Jiyong coming to get me.” He laughed, “Nah, I’m closer to your class, so I’ve been assigned babysitting duty.” He winked at you before continuing to pick at your lunch while your conversation continued. Eunsook even added a comment here and there. Daesung’s laughter filled the class, making it livelier and more fun than usual. It was nice. You were sad when the lunch ended and he had to go back, even if he was just there because someone had told him to be.
 

“Now I get what’s going on,” Eunsook said with a small smile. Your eyes widened, “What? Really?” She nodded and continued, “It’s because Jiyong likes you, right? He fell for you when you stood up for me like in the dramas. So, he’s trying to make you girly so his parents will approve of you. The heels make sense now.” You stared at her blankly why she giggled. You wanted to correct her but your teacher walked in at that moment. Why do people always walk in at the wrong time?
 

When class ended, you tried to clear things up with Eunsook. “Eunsook-ah,” you began, but Daesung was already at the door. “________-ah! Come on, let’s go!” he smiled and you, but you sighed. You had to clear things up first. “Wait one sec, Sunbae,” you called back before turning to Eunsook. “Don’t keep him and Jiyong waiting! Go!” Eunsook encouraged, pushing you towards the door. You sighed, “But I need to talk to you.”
 

“It’s okay, we can talk tomorrow.”
 

You nodded before walking over to Daesung. “What was that about?” Daesung asked. “Nothing, let’s go,” you said, smiling up at him before he led you to the car. You were squished in between Seungri and Daesung. They told you that Youngbae was already there, wherever “there” was. “So what was going on between you and that one girl?” Daesung asked.
 

“Her name’s Eunsook,” you said with a sigh, not really wanting to answer the question. “The one that asked me out?” Seungri asked, turning to look at you. “Yeah, the one you were such a jerk-face to,” you replied before sticking your tongue out at him. “Ladies don’t do that,” he said before turning to look out the window. “Yeah, well I’m not a lady.”
 

“Yet,” Jiyong added from the front seat. Daesung laughed before asking again, “So, what was up between the two of you?” You groaned before answering, “She thinks Jiyong likes me.” Jiyong snorted while Daesung tried to suppress his giggles. “Why the hell would she think that when me and you are getting married?”
 

“Well… She doesn’t know about that part.”
 

“You haven’t told your best friend we’re getting married?” he asked, incredulously. “How am I supposed to tell her that? I don’t want her to get mad at me,” you said with a sigh. “It’ll be worse if you don’t tell her,” Seunghyun stated as he turned into a parking lot. “I know, I was going to tell her today, but then I got interrupted.” Daesung laughed and patted your head, “You should‘ve told her when I was there! I would‘ve made it funny and she would‘ve laughed.”
 

“I feel like that’s not true,” you mumbled, making Daesung pout slightly but everyone else seemed to find it funny. Even Seungri offered you a small smile at that before Seunghyun parked the car. “Alright, we’re here. Bail out,” he stated before opening his door. You got out and followed the guys into a dance studio that Younbae’s parents’ owned. It was the largest one in Seoul.
 

Youngbae was waiting for you in one of the studios. “Hey, _____-ah, we’re going to practice dance today. Sound good?” he asked, giving you a sweet eye-smile. You nodded; it wasn’t like you really had a choice anyways. Besides, how bad could ballroom dancing be?