Chapter 31: An Odd Announcement

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 31: An Odd Announcement

                Daesung stopped at a small church. Really, it looked like nothing. Most people would have driven right by it, but there was something about it that was quite nice. Its outside walls were white-washed and overgrown bushes conquered the sidewalk leading up to the front of the church. The inside had the same white walls and a faded brown carpet. The pews were old with words scratched into their backs. The only saving grace of this church was a stained glass window at the back which took up most of the back wall. Even if it was dark, the sight was still beautiful.

                “I come here to think,” Daesung said as he began walking to the front of the church, “It’s quiet here, and absolutely perfect when the sun is shining. It calms me down, so I thought maybe it would calm you down too.” You smiled and followed him up to the first bench and sat down. “I like it here,” you said, more to yourself than to your companion. He nodded before sitting down beside you.

                “Seungri loves you,” he said, making you sigh, “Jiyong really likes you too.”

                “Hence the running into traffic.”

                “I know you don’t want to talk about it, but I think you should.”

                “Why does it matter what I think? I have to get married anyways.”

                “Stop using your marriage as a shield. It matters what you feel because there are two guys pining for you.”

                “How am I supposed to know what I feel?”

                “If you sit here long enough, I’m sure you’ll figure it out,” he said, making you sigh again. “Will you sit here with me until I do?” you asked, not wanting to be alone. He nodded and gave your knee a reassuring squeeze before leaning back and closing his eyes.

                The sound of his soft snores filled the room after an hour or so. You couldn’t blame him, if you could, you would be sleeping as well. After another couple of hours, you soon found yourself drifting off as well with no answer in sight.

                When you woke up, sun was filtering through the stained glass, painted everything beautiful colors. You smiled before nudging Daesung, trying to get him to wake up too. “What is it?” he groaned, not wanting to get up yet. “It’s morning.”

                “It’s the weekend.”

                “Yeah? But I think I need to go back to my parents’ place then.”

                “You want to go back there?” he asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. “I can’t really go back to my aunt’s place yet,” you said with a sigh. “I can understand that feeling. At least you’re not asking me to take you to Jiyong’s apartment.”

                “Why do you say that?”

                “Because I’m team Seungri,” he said with a broad smile, making you laugh. “Team what?”

                “Team Seungri. The guys and I split up into teams to debate about who you should be with.”

                “You all are such dorks,” you said, covering up with smile with the back of your hand before getting up. “Yeah, but we’re friends, so I’m sure it makes up for that fact,” he said as he followed you out the door and back to his car. He drove you to what should be your home, but you weren’t sure if you had anyplace to call that at the moment.

                “Thank you Daesung-oppa,” you said as you got out the car. “You’re welcome! I’ll steal your number from Seungri or Jiyong so I can call you later. You look like you’re not done with my church yet!” he exclaimed as you shut the door. You smiled and shook your head before walking up the steps to your parents’ house.

                “Your mother has requested your presence in the drawing room,” one of the aids said as soon as you walked through the door. You sighed before walking down to the room mentioned. “What did you want?” you asked as soon as you opened the door. “Oh there you are!” she exclaimed before pulling you into a hug, squishing you against her.

                “I was so worried!” she exclaimed, “Your aunt didn’t know where you went and you didn’t come home! Where were you?” You pulled away from her and stared in shock, this was the first time since you were about six that she had shown this type of emotion with you. You had tried to fly at the time, but had only succeeded in breaking your leg.

                “I was staying at a friend’s house.”

                “Eunsook?” You didn’t bother to correct her, “You still should’ve called or something! I didn’t know what to do! Especially when Mr. Lee showed up! I had to send him back to his house. Do you know how embarrassing that was for me?” There it was, she had been a little too nice. There had to be something about her in there somewhere.

                “Seungri came here?”

                “Who? No, Mr. Lee, Seunghyun’s father. Your soon to be father-in-law,” she said with a frustrated sigh. “Why was he here?” you asked, stepping away from her. “He wanted to see you of course. Why else would he be here?” she tapped her foot with impatience, “Now go up to your room and get yourself presentable before I take you over to the Lee’s house.”

                “Why do I need to go there?”

                “To meet with him! Don’t you ever pay attention? Now go.” You sighed before going up the stairs and into your room. You took a shower and blew dry your hair before slipping into a dress Jiyong had picked out for just such an occasion. You sighed when you thought about him but grabbed a pair of heels that went along with it before walking downstairs to meet back up with your mother.

                “You look very nice,” she praised. You nodded and followed her out to the car that would take the two of you to the Lee household. “Why weren’t you so worried about Aboji?” you asked after a few minutes of awkward silence. “How do you know he’s missing?” she asked, stiffening.

                “I saw him.”

                “At my sister’s house?” you nodded, “That’s why I’m not worried.”

                “But they love each other!” you exclaimed. “I know! I know they do!” she hissed at you, “But as long as he is married to me, he won’t do anything with her. As long as we’re married I can pretend otherwise, so shut up since you don’t know what you’re talking about.” You turned away from her and stared out the window, complying with what she had said.

                “We have arrived,” the driver announced before stopping in front of the mansion doors. You got out and walked up to the maids who led the two of you inside the expensively furnished hall. It was just as extravagant as the last time you had been here. “Lee-ssi requests your presence in his office,” the maid directed to you, “I will show you the way.” You nodded before following her up the staircase.

                “And what about me?” your mother asked, looking uncomfortable for once. “Lee-ssi said nothing about you, but feel free to wait in the drawing room,” the maid immediately replied before taking you up to the third floor and down a hall to a set of double doors.

                She knocked before he called her in with a gruff voice. She opened the doors for you and stood back as you entered. “You wanted to see me?” you asked, playing with the hem of your dress nervously. “Yes, I did. Sit down,” he ordered as he typed on his computer. You nodded and sat on one of the chairs, sitting on the very edge of it. You were so uncomfortable right now.

                “It’s about Seunghyun,” he said, “and your marriage to him.”

                “What about it, sir?”

                “I’m not sure if I want to go through with it after all.”

               

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

so i'm technically not done with my hiatus yet cause my family is going on vacation tomorrow until friday, but i wanted to update this before i left since my baby (my laptop) is back!