Chapter 34: Sentimental

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 34: Sentimental

               You took a deep breath and walked through the doors of the Lee mansion, hoping to avoid Seungri for a little while. You had to confront his dad while you were still in such a courageous mood. You had spent so long standing up for everyone else that you had stopped standing up for yourself somewhere along the way. Now was definitely the time to correct that.

                “Is Mr. Lee up in his office?” you asked one of the maids. She nodded, “I will lead you _______-ssi.” You thanked her before she brought you in front of his office. You took a deep breath before she knocked on the door and introduced you again. “Come in,” his gruff voice called from the office. You entered and sat down on one of the chairs.

                “We have some unfinished business,” you stated, putting on your best brave face. “We do,” he agreed, but I’m surprised that you came back before I had to summon you.”

                “I don’t want to run anymore,” you said, channeling all of your favorite supermen and women in order to face one of your own super villains. “Well I guess you have one redeeming quality, but that does not subtract from what I said before. Have you finally come to a decision?” You nodded, “I will marry your son.”

                “Good. It appears you’re not as stupid as your grades suggest.”

                “But I have a condition.”

                “You are not in the place to make conditions to our agreement,” he growled, his manor changing the moment he didn’t get what he wanted. “Since it’s my body being sold off, I think I do,” you said, hoping that your voice wasn’t shaking too much.

                “I am already being quite generous in giving you a choice of whether you should be on the streets or not-”

                “If you listen, I think you’ll find my condition will be beneficial to you as well.”

                 “Go ahead,” he glared. His eyes were like daggers piercing into your very soul. You had no idea one person could be as scary as Mr. Lee, but you had to stand up for yourself. “Instead of Seunghyun and me getting married in two weeks, I feel like it would be more advantageous for both parties if we were married after we finished high school.”

                “How exactly would that be ‘advantageous?’”

                “It would allow my father’s company to improve for the next three years. Wouldn’t it be better to merge your company with one almost as good as yours instead of taking over one far lesser than yours?” He took in a deep breath and tapped his fingers on his desk as he thought about it. You bit your bottom lip so hard that it began bleeding slightly. This was too nerve-wrecking.

                He sighed before handing you a handkerchief for your lip. “It would appear that your condition isn’t as idiotic as I thought. I will allow it as long as your father gets his business choices cleared by me first. I was to make sure his company actually improves like you believe it will,” he said before dismissing you.

                You let out a sigh of relief and smiled once you were out the door. “It worked!” you exclaimed once you were down the hall. “What worked?” a very familiar voice asked. You turned and saw Seungri standing there in a plain white v-neck shirt and jeans. He had never looked ier. “We’re getting married.”

                “I already knew that,” he said, walking over to you. “But in three years instead of three months,” you said, hoping he wouldn’t be upset at that. “You hassled with my father?” he asked, looking surprised. You nodded, “You’re not mad, are you?”

                “No, but isn’t three years a long time to be engaged?” he asked, making you hit his arm. “I want to finish high school before I get married!” you whined. “I know, I do too, he said with a laugh. “But you better behave yourself for the next three years or I’ll beat you up again,” you threatened, holding up your fist and making him flinch slightly.

                “Wait… So this means you choose me right? Hyung lost?” he asked, regarding you carefully. “Yeah, I told him before I came here that I love you and-” He cut you off with a kiss. His lips crashed against yours, immediately dominating the kiss as his arms wrapped around your waist. Your hands fisted in his shirt before pushing him away, “Yah! I said I love you not that I wanted to sleep with you!”

                “But we already have,” he said with a mischievous grin. “No we haven’t! Not in that sense! Aish!” you tried to get out of his arms but he held you closer. “Aigoo looks like we need to spend more time together, huh? From the way you’re acting people won’t know we’re a couple.”

                “And from the way you’re acting people will think I’m a sl-”

                “Don’t finish that! Your name and that word shouldn’t even be in the same sentence,” he said before kissing your forehead. “You started it,” you mumbled, calming down now. “Mm and now I’ll finish it,” he mumbled before nuzzling your neck. “I don’t like where this is going,” you said, but wrapped your arms around him anyways.

               “ert,” he chuckled, “I meant that I’m taking you out on a date. You have to get used to me as a boyfriend again. My goodness, what were you thinking?”

                “Shut up!” you whined, making him laugh again. “I’m so glad you chose me though,” he whispered, “because I love you too.”

                “When did you become so sentimental?”

                “I think I suffered brain injury after the first time you punched me,” he said before pulling back, “So that would be about two plus months ago, right?”

                “Shut up and take me on the date or whatever,” you mumbled before linking your fingers with his. “Gladly~” he said in a sing-song voice before walking with you down the corridor and out the front doors again. “Oh, I should let Daesung know I chose you,” you said suddenly before pulling out your phone. “Why?” he asked, curiously.

                “Because he was Team Seungri.”

                “I have a new favorite hyung,” he said with a laugh before pulling you into another kiss as the car arrived. Yup, you had a lot to look forward to now that you were going to have a husband in three years instead of three months.   

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

so should i mark this as complete or do an epiloge??? I think i should do an epiloge but what do ya'll think?