Chapter 25: Running

A Husband in Three Months

Chapter 25: Running

                You sat down at your desk, not noticing at first the envelope that was sitting on top of your desk. You slowly opened it. There were a couple of pictures inside but they all depicted the same thing. Seungri had Eunsook pinned up against the wall, his mouth pressed against hers in a kiss. You stared at them for a little while, wondering how a kiss could look so utterly disgusting.

                You crumbled up the pictures before sticking them in your bag. Anger boiled inside of you, heating up the pit of your stomach. You weren’t sure who you were going to hurt first, her or him? She was closer; it would be easier to hit her first. You took in a shaky breath, tears b at the back of your eyes but you blinked them away. You were a big girl; big girls didn’t cry over things like this. If you were a better person, you wouldn’t do what you were about to do, but you weren’t so you were going to anyways.

                “Did you like the pictures?” Eunsook asked, turning in her seat once the bell rang. “Yeah, I ing love them. Didn’t know you were that bad of a person, thanks for correcting me,” you said before standing up. It would be better to hit him first, he hurt you more. “So stay away from him, he’s mine now,” she said, giving you a sweet smile.

                You laughed but it was a dark laugh. You turned and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, pulling her out of the chair she had been sitting in. “Is this what you wanted, huh?” you demanded, “To make me like this? Well you got your wish.” You pushed her back, causing her to trip over her chair, causing both to clatter down onto the floor. There was a loud thud when she hit the ground, you knew it hurt, and you wanted to hurt her more.

                You shook your finger at her and smiled slightly, “I’m going to destroy you. You were my best friend, so I wanted to protect you, but now you’re my number one enemy. I will hurt you back just as badly as you hurt me. I swear I will.” You walked out of the room, your classmates watching you in a mixture of awe and fear.

                “How could you?!” you yelled once you saw your future husband. “What are you talking about?” he asked, bewildered as you stormed to him. “You know what I’m talking about!” your voice rising even more but you weren’t able to help it. You never really learned how to control yourself when you were pissed.

                “No I don’t know what you’re talking about so calm down and tell me!” he yelled back. “You kissed her!” you screamed, poking his chest . “Who?” he asked, but you saw the realization in his eyes. “Eunsook. You ing kissed her. How could you kiss her?” your voice began to drop as a tear rolled down your cheek, “I thought she wasn’t your type. I thought you cared about me. Don’t you care about me?”

                “Of course I do,” he said, reaching out to hug you. “Don’t lie!” you exclaimed, punching him in the face, hopefully giving him a new black eye since the other one had faded. He cursed and held his face in his hands, but tried to get up. “Stay away from me! I never want to see you again!” you shouted before turning and running as far away from him as you could get.

                You kept running until you were out of the school. You kept running till you were out of the neighborhood. You kept running until you felt like you couldn’t, but then kept running some more. You finally collapsed near an overpass beside a river. Tears gushed from your eyes as you pulled yourself up into a ball. You knew you were overreacting, there was probably a reason for that, but you didn’t care. You were hurt and you wanted to get it all out.

                “That stupid jerk. That… That stupid panda-faced jerk,” you sobbed. “Is that the best insult you can manage?” Jiyong asked as he sat down beside you. “What… What are you doing here?” you asked, trying to wipe away your tears. I heard what happened, literally. I heard you yelling from the floor above. So, I followed you in my car. I figured you’d collapse eventually.”

                “How could he do that?” you asked, leaning on his shoulder. “Why don’t you go ask him?” he wrapped an arm around you and stared out into the river. “No,” you shook your head, “I can’t.”

                “Are you running away?”

                “Yes,” you admitted, hiding your head in his shirt. He sighed and pulled you closer, “I thought that you didn’t run away.”

                “Normally I don’t, but I can’t What if he actually likes her? Or what if it was photo shopped? I hit him, I can’t believe I hit him. For the second time! He’s probably so mad at me right now. What if he hates me now?”

                “Is that what you’re thinking? You’re such a dork,” he whispered before kissing the top of your head, “He’s worried about you and in pain from the hit you gave him, but he’ll forgive you. You should talk to him, baby girl.”

                “I don’t want to.”

                “You will.”

                “Will you stay with me?” you asked, making him sigh again. “Do I even have a choice? You have me completely under your spell. I swear, you could ask me to jump into that river in my favorite dry-clean only shirt and I would.”

                “Really?”

                “Really.” You smiled slightly before pulling back. “Can we go somewhere?”

                “Where do you want to go?”

                “I don’t really care just as long as it’s not school or home,” you said. “I know just the place,” he said before standing up. He held out his hand to you and you took it. You tried to get up, but your legs failed you. He chuckled as you tried again, finally managing to stand up. You wobbled over to the car and sat down in the passenger seat with some difficulty. “Don’t forget to buckle up,” he said before starting up the car and driving you back towards the city.