A Different Type Of Drama At The Festival

If Only High School Made Sense

Today was the day; Friday. 

I don't even remember what happened in classes, or yesterday to be honest because I was so excited for Taec and I's date Well; our sort of date. That included our other five guy friends plus their dates. Better than nothing. 

"I'm meeting up with Taec before, so I'll see you at the park entrance" I wiggled into the cute dress Min had made me as a favour, "I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with Junsu. It's a good thing you're coming since Khun's sisters couldn't"

Gina sighed, "I hope he likes me. What if we have nothing in common?"

"Oh; you two do. Like how you both are old people; ajhumma and ajhussi" I teased 

My dress was a blue-green button up dress with a ribbon around the waist. I just slipped on some sneakers since i owned no sandals. Whatever; appearance wasn't priority in my eyes. Gina on the other hand always looked good, in her frilly shirt and matching accessories. 

I knew Taec didn't care; so neither did I. 

"See you later with Taec" said Gina, putting on lipstick

"Bye Gina; remember to bring Happy with you. I can't take him this early" I replied, tossing the little leash at her.

Yes; I got my cat a leesh. 

Humming to myself the happiest of Kpop, I skipped all the way to the back gate. I could already see some blossoms from the meeting spot blowing past me, dancing down the pathway. My hands tightly held the tickets; I was beyond excited. 

I spotted his body leaned against the tree; he looked very classy tonight. His clothing even had a colour scheme going on -red, navy blue, and gold- very impressive. 

"Looking good tonight; finally consult someone on what to wear" I laughed while sneaking up on the other side of the tree.

I wanted to be all cute and stuff; you know? Probably not; I'm just lame. I popped my head around to the other side and jumped Taecyeon for a hug, only to start going into cardiac arrest

"You ar- What! You! No! What?"

Fists clenched I stammered out some sounds that were sort of words. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

"Kwon freaking Jiyong; why are you here"

He hid behind the small boquet of flowers he was holding, not daring to touch me. 

"I-I'm glad you showed up Cindy" he muttered smiling shyly 

"I can't believe it was you! " I screamed, stomping on the spot while thrashing my head around, "I thought you were-"

Jiyong lowered the lilies, "Yes?"

Almost got caught there; think fast. 

"...were my brother. He said he was visiting"

He rolled his eyes and chuckled, 

"Cindy; you just have a sister"

I mumbled back, "Well; Julie can be pretty manly..."

A few deep breaths and pep talks I took a shot at making him go away,

"Anyways; I planned on going to the festival w-"

"Your boyfriend, or whatever you want to call him, whether you're official. Whatever" interupted Jiyong

"Either way; I didn't plan on going with you" I replied

He was about to bark back at me, but stopped himself and put the flowers behind his back. Sadly he hung his head and wiped his face with the sleeve of his red blazer. I stood there awkwardly, hoping he'd explain this dating prank. Maybe a bucket of water would fall out of the tree at any moment and soak me. Sounds like a Jiyong thing to do in my opinion.

Still with his eyes focused on his feet, he slowly took out the peace offering of flowers. Jiyong peered at me through his long eyelashes,

"Well I bought the tickets for us to go together. I want to take you out, on a date, one you'll really like"

My tone became heartfelt and hurt, 

"I'm really sorry Jiyong. You've run out of chances"

I began to walk away, patting away the tears welling up in my eyes. Why did he keep doing this sort of thing; did he find this much entertainment in making me feel this bad? The worse part is that I fell for it, everytime. I actually thought that we could get along. I'm absolutely idiotic. 

I heard his footstep hesitate in following me. He began to call back, 

"I could go tell Suzy, and the rest of the Heirs about you breaking the dating rules. She'd hunt him down for sure. I am Prince; I can count it was a hit" His voice became stronger and less timid, "Or I could take you out, on an all inclusive date to the festival" 

No; anything but that. Anyone but Taecyeon. 

"You wouldn't" I rasped out, still trying to consider any alternate option. Of course there wasn't one.

"How bad can it be? I just want to take you out" he shrugged, completely heartless and ignorant to how I felt about him. 

I gulped, "Have me home before midnight"

In silence Jiyong drove us to the park. I tried texting Taec -and everybody else- but no one was answering. What was this; a bad korean drama? Everyone in Korea carried around their phones like it was their life line and would die otherwise. Then I remember; we were cheap students who didn't like to pay phone bills. Dammit. 

We easily could have walked there in ten minutes, but of course the Diva loved the drive his baby of a car any chance he had. Fashionably late after finding parking, we entered through the east side of the park.

There were four stages scattered throughout the venue, each one showcasing a different student production. Jiyong had already picked out the ones for us from the program. Not only were there plays; but booths filled with merchandise. And food; lots of it.

I was able to snag a plate of chocolate covered strawberries before Jiyong found me.

"Come on! My friend Yoochun from Kirin Art High School is in this one, and I promised him I'd watch it"

On a soft blue and white checkered picnik blanket we sat in the grass watching the production. Jiyong's friend Yoochun was the lead in his own show called Rooftop Prince. Even though it was only one hour long, I was holding back my feelings. I think I needed a bucket for my emotions with how bitter sweet the ending was. 

"And this was only an excerpt" stated Jiyong, seeing me blowing my nose 

I grinned sadly,

"Shut up; this doesn't leave the blanket we're sitting on"

He pushed me playfully, 

"I promise"

After the dramatic experience, Jiyong and I stayed behind to congratulate Yoochun and the other main actor Han Jimin.

"You must have a stellar drama department. Both of you were perfection" I complimented, feeling really intimidated

Yoochun smiled, still wearing the prop glasses

"Thanks. Couldn't have been the perfect Crown Prince without my perfect Bak Ha"

Feeling sufficitenly lonely, I watched him kiss his real life girlfriend Han Jimin who had been his character's love interest also.

"We should go; we have only a short break until the second show" Jimin smiled and waved goodbye, "Maybe we can double date sometime. Jiyong has told us all about you Cindy; we'd definitely have fun"

Mother of god; "...Jiyong has told us all about you Cindy...."

That was a bit scary. 

Then it got scarier as Yunho went up Yoochun only moments later, giving him a hug while calling him 'hyung'. My eyes became the size of dinner plates as they connected with Yunho's. It didn't help that Jiyong was holding my hand in an attempt to herd me in the direction he wanted. 

We packed up our things, ready for the next performance. There were half an hour breaks between most shows, so that meant time for shopping and food. I needed that to get over my anxiety thanks to seeing Yunho. I felt terrible; I looked like an . We made fun of Jiyong so much in dance class, and now I was out on a date with the guy?I probably was the biggest traitor in his mind. 

At least food would always be there for me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Onew's Perspective

"Key, take the stupid twigs out of your hair. The disguise " I hissed, pulling him behind me. 

He groaned, "Fine. But if you don't hide better we'll get caught" 

Since we arrived at the drama festival for the arts schools, we've been trailing the six boys. That was our best bet of finding Cindy and her boyfriend, and proving Key wrong that she was dating Taecyeon. 

"And look at that Key; Khun and Sisi, Chansung and Sohee, Junho and Jia, Wooyoung and Emily, Junsu and Gina, Taecy-"

I punched Key in the stomach from behind a bush, 

"That's my girlfriend! Right there! Gina! Mine!"

He just moaned and pouted, 

"There goes mine too; my Emily. With stupid Big Cheeks"

"Uh, I think I am worse off. Gina is my girlfriend, Emily is you ex" I muttered, creeping along trying to keep up. 

Key stopped moving,

"Wait; you could've taken her out! She asked you; babo! Stop complaining!" 

"Well she's my girlfriend" I tugged at my shoelaces which had gotten caught and tangled, "So I have the right to be worried; that Junsu could be putting the moves on her!" 

The two of us continued to stalk the group, trying to see who Taecyeon was with. Neither could though, two distracted by Gina and Emily being with men that weren't us. My ballerina wasn't cheating on me, it was impossible. 

"I'll get her back" 

I looked at Key, his eyes focused on his ex like a lion's on an antelope. What the hell man... she was only one girl. 

He kept on going, 

"If it takes all the anime, Snapple, and art supplies in the world; I'll make sure Ew- Young doesn't lay a finger on her again"

I laughed, 

"Nice pun; now can you hurry up and decide if we'll see the horror based drama you wimp" 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Jiyong's Perspective

So; I was finally on a date with the girl I had the biggest crush on... thanks to black mail. Oops.

I swear, I hadn't planned on it. It just kind of came out. 

It was almost time for the start of the next play, which was another romatic comedy. I chose these ones out of hopes it would soften Cindy up, so she wouldn't bite my head of. It kind of worked, considering my arm was around her shoulder and she hadnt punched me. Success!

"No, not for you. For us"

The entire audience burst into wild applause while the cast took their bows. This one was famous among the academy, being written by the shining graduate eMpress. Every year some group of drama students performed  For You. It's based on eMpress' real life relationship with her high school boyfriend, who she actually married. It was hard believe two people went through that much together.

Well; Cindy and I were off to a good start. Maybe one day I'd make a script out of it. 

Nah; most of it would just be us arguing over what to order at restaurants.

"God Jiyong; stop it with this romance stuff. I will be a giant red puffball if you don't stop" she remarked, dabbing her eyes with a tissue

I sighed, seeing how she still hadn't removed my arm around her shoulder. 

Even though I had to threaten her with infromation, she actually seemed like she enjoyed being here. Call it my crazy teenager brain, but the way she was acting was completely different than usual. 

"Thanks GD" she chomped away on some ddukbokki I'd bought us as a treat, I found it cute when she used my stage name, being too lazy to say my real one. She kept on munching, "Didn't think you'd feed your prisoner"

I winced, 

"Do you really think i'm that horrible?"

Cindy stopped eating, handing me my half of the food

"Yes; considering I'm here on blackmailing terms. If I wasn't though; then no. You'd be a normal living, breathing, and loving human being" 

"Let's pretend that you're here on your own will, that this is a date. That you don't have a boyfriend" I mused, beginning to walk towards the next stage. 

She pondered for a little before repsonding. Childishly she twirled the flowers around in her hand, 

"In that completely hypothetical situation; then this would be one of my best days since coming to the academy" 

I had to hide my satisfied smile. Her hard shell really was protecting nice feelings towards me.

We wandered around to a spot in the grass. Again we rolled out the blanket and laid on top, waiting for the show to start. 

"Awe, look. Someone brought their cat" I rubbed behind it's ears and tickled under the chin, "Isn't he cute Cindy?"

She looked awfully upset for being in love with cats,

She began talking, but to the cat

"Happy! Where's your leesh! Did Gina even put it on?"

Before I could ask why she was talking to someone else's cat, she swore loudly and tucked it under my blazer which I'd taken off. 

Her roomate Gina came by a minute later with Emily, both of them clearly here to see the performcance also. I could tell by their voices behind us that they hadn't spotted Cindy. I'm assuming she was going to meet up with them, plus their boyfriend's and her own. Guess Onew was close by then... 

"This is a good spot. I'll wait here, and you can go get the guys with the food" said Gina

Cindy was going crazy, wrapping herself in my blazer and an extra blanket for when it got colder. It was a brilliant idea bringing it -get to snuggle with Cindy, win win- but that wasn't happening anymore since it was acting as a cape. She sat there with darting eyes, the cat still tucked against her. 

"So; want to tell me about the cat" I leaned in and whispered in her ear, "...and the cape"

"The cat is mine; his name's Happy. Gina was suppose to take him out for me. As for the cape; Gina is right behind us, and I was suppose to go here with her" she explained in between hiccups from hyperventilating. 

I chuckled, "Here, have some more protection" and put my cap on her head. 

We sat there quietly, Cindy frozen in place, as Gina kept guard over the groups blanketed turf. Cindy nudged me,

"Why don't we sneak out before this thing starts" she breathed, rocking back and forth

I didn't want to deal with an angry and busted Cindy, so I agreed. I wasn't going to push my luck. Ir was decided that Cidny would leace first, then I would too about five minutes later and bring the stuff. Cindy leaving without packing up would ensure they didn't catch a glimpse. Not a good one at least. 

The seconds ticked by as I watched Cindy in her cape with Happy lumbering straight ahead, back facing me. I tried not to laugh, but a few snorts acme out. I casually began to rastle up some litle things, preparing for the five minute mark when I heard more voices. 

"Hey Gina. You can buy anything you want now; I'll hold the fort down. Most of them are still in the plushie booth, or chicken one"

It was Xiaxue. If I thought a beating from Cindy was bad; Xiaxue's would kill me mercilessly. She was the one who suggested I take her on a nice artsy farsty date, so why would she get angry? This little encouragement didnt work since I knew she would nag me for  making Cindy break her date with them. Wait; then who did she come with?

Spoke too soon; the counterpart came along on cue. 

"Thanks guys. And Taec; I'll bring some dried mangoes back if there are any"

Like a super spy I slid my glasses  over just a bit so that I could see their images in the thick frames and lenses. Taecyeon and Xiaxue; awesome. My ex- best friend with my current best friend who is also the twin of my dead ex girlfriend. Isn't that just a great cocktail of relationships?

My five minutes were up; but I wanted to know why they were there together. Xiaxue had never mentioned a boyfriend to me, let alone talking to Taecyeon. She had minimal time to socialize with a schedule like hers. 

"So.. Taecyeon..." Xiaxue was using her 'I-don't-want-to-talk-about-this' tone, "Last year... At my house... Let's start over"

He replied dryly, "Agreed"

"If it counts for anything, you are a good person to have as a boyfriend" she said in a slushy way

Okay; this was appraching seven minutes, and I didn't want to keep Cindy waiting. I had heard what I wanted to. Now I just need to confront Taecyeon about leading Cindy on, and Xiaxue for not telling me she is dating him. What is the point of having a best friend if they don't tell you . Sometimes, that girl annoys me so much.

I quickly packed up the last few things including the large blanket and rushed off. 

Just as I was approaching safe ground, Gina came walking by again with whatever she had bought. In tow was not Onew, but that Junsu kid. I heard only a snippet of their conversation, 

"Should've seen the cute ajhumma and ajhussi couple in front of me. They were adorable"

I don't know whether I should be offended or flattered that Cindy and I just got called a cute ajhumma ajhussi couple. Either way; it was a couple. No complaining here. 

"You kid; what took so long" hissed Cindy who was behind a tree, still wrapped in the blanket

"Does it matter? Let's just get going so we don't miss the opening of another performance" I said, folding up her blanket much to Cindy's whines

Together we dodged the scattered members of her usual crew. She almost got spotted my Chansung when Happy jumped out of her arms to go and rub up against his cat Jeongammie. While she lured her pet back, I took some time to look at a booth selling earrings. I did enjoy a good bargain. 

"Hey, you like these?" I said, inspecting a set of earrings that were safety pins. 

"Oh; nevermind. I like these better" I sang, picking out a pair of half blue half yellow button earrings with a gold outline.  

With Happy in arms, Cindy him while rolling her eyes, 

"Come on Jiyong; you're the one who was in a rush. Let's go"

She tugged on my arm, trying to rush me, but I didn't leave. I wanted to buy them because they went well with my next hairstyle idea. 

"Aigo! I'm going as fast as I can!" I handed over the money to the cute girl who was selling them, "Want a pair while we're here?"

"No; too expensive" she shrugged

I shrugged right back, giving the girl another handful of bills. She looked happy with the sale, considering each pair was over 120, 000 won. Even though everything else in my life was a struggle, having money wasn't. 

"A souvenir" I declared, putting my pair in. They matched my outfit perfectly; was I good or what. 

Cindy frowned before taking hers, mumbling

"You shouldn't spend this much on me, or anything at all"

Before I could rebutle with a nicely planned line of flirtation, she grabbed my hand and yanked me down the lane. 

"Now we really have to walk. You really shouldn't have bought these" she scolded, still holding my hand. 

I like to think that she was doing it out of her feeligns for me, and I kind of believed it considering we weren't even walking at a brisk pace. I held her hand tightly in mine, never wanting to let go. 

It almost was 10 at night, so this was the final show of the night. We barely made it after our great escape. Finally we rolled out the blanket and got comfortable on the grass. I couldn't stop smiling; we were still holding hands. 

"God dammit" Cindy slapped her own forehead and stuck out her tongue after, "There are the Heirs"

Sure enought there was Onew, Key, Victoria and Suzy, I wondered where CL was, but then I remembered she decided to go to her tutor for English help. She always said it took her a long time to catch on, but we all knew that no one worked that late with their student tutor, who was apparanty very attractive. You know what I mean. 

"Relax; a perk of being Prince is I can do whatever I want. No rule breaking here" I sighed, taking out the extra blanket that used to be a cape. 

Cindy took it again, but I held my ground and wrapped it around myself also. She stuck out her lips and fluttered them, 

"Fine; we can share"

Yes; the moment I had been waiting for. I was going to attempt to pull that cliche move to get my arm around her again, hopefully leaving it there also. I successfully was half way through my yawn when I froze

"You're so warm and soft" 

My eyes became slits; she was talking to her cat again. What is with this girl. How could she be more affectionate to that thing than me? I am cuter than anything! I am a bundle of joy! 

Awkwardly I retracted my arm and just sat their with my portion of the blanket. I played with the edge, since she had let go of my hand to pet the cat and eat. I didn't want her to let me go; I liked her keeping me grounded. 

Maybe one day I could do the same for her. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Victoria's Perspective

"If this horror movie doesn't kill you; I will" growled Suzy, being extremely annoyed with a scared Key. 

"Pft; I like horror" he whimpered. How ironic, considering his face was buried into Onew's shoulder. 

The last events weren't live theatre, but rather student made film productions. This one was a paranormal, slasher, action flick that had us all pretty worked up. I glad the guys decided to show up out of now where, because Suzy wouldn't have gone to see it other wise. 

I let out a scream as a knife came popping out and into some chicks back, killing her instantly. I tried to duck behind someone, but Key was already on his stumach in the fetal position. Why did I sit beside that loser again? 

Then I saw sometihng even more shocking; Jiyong and Cindy. 

They were sitting about five rows of people behind us, and he had his arm sliding gradually around her waist. I had to smirk; he was trying so hard to win her over still. He obviously didn't clue in that she was dating Yunho. 

Guess Cindy really is just like us; that cheater. 

My little manical laugh started to surface as I watched Jiyong scooch closer to her. I don't get why those two just didn't call it off with the others and date one another officially. Well, being Prince it must be nice to have a few on the side just in case though. 

As the film went on, I began to gain a little immunity to the "pop out" moments from murderes and dead people. I was beginning to enjoy it when I spotted another surprising couple. 

"It's too bad that one was only 45 minutes long. We can watch the last half of this while the others eat some more" said Khun, walking right past me with a girl, plus another couple in tow.

In the dark they didn't notice any of the Heirs, especially since our faces were buried in our hands. 

I swallowed the massive lump in my throat that was forming. The way he spoke, with the nice sweet tone was what he used to use with me. Now he was using it with some other girl. 

That "some other girl" happened to be the rookie singer Sisi, seeing her signature hair from the flash of whatever was on the screen.

My heart was leaping out of my chest, threatening to fall out and stop beating all together. I don't understand how he still made me feel this way, even though I left him before high school. As children I never was phased when he moved country to country. When he came from America, Thailand, and New Zealand I never got worried. Back then I knew he would come back to me, but now it was clear he wouldn't.

I was so desperate I made Cindy get me a date with him. I needed him to tell me something, anything. To have him acknowledge that I setill existed, that's all I needed. Even if it was to say how he hated me and never could love me, I wanted to hear it. 

Being an Heir really does the ability to love from you. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I hate scary movies; I ratherwould have suffered through the previous play knowing that Gina was right behind us. 

After four people dying and one girl becoming possessed, I decided just to try and sleep. My eyelids drooped shut as I used Happy as a make shift pillow. 

I felt  the lack of furry comfort of my face, and opened one eye to see what had happened. The movie was still playing, and Happy was still napping like me but just on the grass. Traitor. 

Wait; what was I sleeping on then. 

"My life...." I hissed quietly, my head in Jiyong's lap. 

Carefully I rolled my head away from his crotch and off his leg, but failed as he noticed me moving. He brushed down my hair before fluffing me up and laying me back on to his own body. His arms were casually around my sideways body, while the blanket was still aroiund the both of us. 

The temptation to pop up and give him a killer nose bleed was washed away when the end credits began to roll. 

"Cindy; it's done" he sang, rubbing my skin thinking I was still asleep.

I let out a few rumbles, not very coherent still. 

He sighed before kissing me lightly on the forehead. This made me get up faster than the smell of breakfast. 

In tired late night silence, we s through the rows of the few vendors that were still open. Most were cute places for drinks and snacks, or just tents with furniture for relaxing.

We sat on one of the free couches, across from a young couple that was having a heated make out session. IThis made me feel extremely uncomfortable, considering I was with Jiyong and not my real boyfriend Taecyeon. I hope he was okay, and Jiyong hadn't lied and already called down Suzy and company down on him.

"Why don't you wear the earrings? They'd look good with your dress" suggested Jiyong, pulling them from out of my bag.

"I-I don't like to wear them at night" I lied, feeling suddenly nervous

"You're horrible at lying; you're wearing a pair right now" he laughed, flicking me right behind the ear.

Even though it was Jiyong, I didn't want to be rude. He had bought me a pair of expensive earrings that I knew I could never afford, so it was the least I could do to wear them for the rest of the evening. What harm could it do, we were on our way to the exit and I'd be home in no time.

Slowly I took out the pair of small gold hoops I always wore and put in the new pair. I could tell by the weight that the gold colour was actual gold. This guy; did he use dollar bills as tissue or something too? He had way too much money. 

"Now you're beautiful Cindy" smiled Jiyong

I raised an eyebrow, "And I was hideous before? Thanks GD"

"No! Not what I meant! Y-you're already really cute, pretty" he defended through his stutters

I let it slide; I was too tired to care for a Friday evening. The sooner I agreed with him, the faster I got home. The faster I got home, I sooner I could find everyone and explain the black mail. Well, by everyone I really meant Taecyeon.

There were a lot of different ways to exit the park, and I had no idea where the car was parked. Jiyong led me around fortunately, making sure I didn't go into some dark trail with rapists. 

"Wrong way; definitely a left" I hollered as he sped ahead. 

"I think I know where I'm going, thanks tips" he retorted, doing a U-turn.

"We didn't come through the front, it was definitely from east. I just forget how to get there" I informed, trying to get my bearings. 

Before I could consult the map posted at the side of the path, Jiyong dragged me down a paved road saying he was certain this was the right way. His hand had a death grip on mine as I flopped behind him. Eventually I caught up to him at a comfortable pace, not letting go in fear that he'd run off again and I be lost. 

"Jiyong! This is the main en-"

I dropped my satchel the the ground. My hands clenched into fists, one being around Jiyong's. I felt the beginning of a good cry coming on as I took in what I was seeing. 

"Cindy? Jiyong!"

"Onew! Suzy!"

"V-victoria? Key?"

"Xiaxue? Khun? Taecyeon?"

"Gina and Junsu...."

All of us stood at the ends of the paths around the central circular entrance, staring down each other. I saw Taecyeon straight across, all alone. Then I saw Yunho with his friend Yoochun, shaking his head in disbelief. 

"O-Onew...J-Jin K-ki.... " Gina dropped on to one knee, having to lean against her right hand and Junsu's leg for support.

She began to go crazy, not breaking eye contact with Onew in his Heir quartet,

"How could you! T-that girl!"

I didn't listen to the rest of accusations going on between all the couples and the added parts. I was trying too hard to even stand up. 

Taecyeon was crying. Not just a sniffly nose or shiny eyes, but actually crying. Singular tears were racing down his cheeks, seeing which could get to the bottom first. It broke my heart, but not anymore than his which was shattered. 

My words vanished from my mouth as I tried to yell to him, tell him that I still disliked Jiyong and he was blackmailing me. I wanted to scream out how much I loved him, but it never came. Jiyong took up that place instead as he carried me away in the opposite direction. 

"Let go!" I screeched, throwing away Jiyong's firm grip. 

I ran up to Taec, my face right infront of his

"H-he knows. I-'m trying to p-protect you" I blubbered through laboured breathing. 

No one else was paying attention fortunately; too caught up in their own drama. 

Taecyeon didn't say anything back. His wet cheeks were enough to know what he as thinking, but he spoke anyways. He smiled in the most pitiful, and tragic way

"Nice new earrings Cindy" 

I never wore them again after that night.