Affection

If Only High School Made Sense

Having Emily around again made me realize how much I really missed her. Sure, it had been just a week since I'd left but she made up 80% of my day. Who needed a boyfriend when you have a friend like that. 

I introduced her to my other aquaintances/ semi-friends in animation. Min and Eli were very welcoming, and got along well with her. On the other hand, Key was being a show off with the software and his past artwork. His manga style was good, but he could act humble once in a while. Emily had experienced many like him, so she brushed him off just like I had. 

"If you're from Canada why are you white?"  asked Key, thinking that being multicultural meant you're a mixed cocktail and speak five languages 

"God Key, you just can't ask people why they're white" I said, giving him a look for the idiocy. 

Next was art with the fake boyfriend. I could imagine the snarky comments now.   

"You look great today Cindy" sang Jiyong, blowing me a kiss all the way across the classroom. 

"Not more handsome than yourself" I said in a sickly sweet voice. After sitting beside him, I slapped away his hand and hissed, 

"And you aren't looking so hot today"

He made a broken heart with his hands, then noticed new girl Emily sitting at the end of the row. 

"Friend of yours?" he then laughed lightly, "What am I saying, she's way too good looking. I'd date her"

I pouted and slapped him with my sketch book, 

"She is actually my best friend form Canada, so shut it. Play nice for once"

"I guess I will" Jiyong pried my hands off the desk and held my hand underneath, "For my girlfriend" 

As tightly as I squeezed for him to let go, he would just squeeze harder to hold on. I settled with just leaving it, paying attention to whatever was being taught, I honestly didn't know. This whole hand holding thing would have been romantic if it wasn't with him. 

"That's the boyfriend?" mouthed Emily, nodding her head in Jiyong's direction. 

I bobbed my head back a yes, and then stuck my tongue out in frustration. She on the other hand giggled and gave an approving thumbs up. I had told her last night the revenge scheme, but clearly she had blurred out the part where I completely hate him. 

I cursed under my breath as I wiggled into the back of my seat, 

"If you like her so much Jiyong why don't you just ing marry her" 

Jiyong stopped rubbing his thumb on the top of my hand, "Because we're together. I know you don't like me, but I still would never cheat" 

He totally heard my not so quiet complaint. 

"I-I just was.... Sorry" I whispered, feeling like a total jerk. Never thought I'd feel lke this in the prescence of King Jackass himself. 

Our hands were still together under the desk, neither one of us fighting for control. I hated to admit it, but it felt nice. Awkwardly I eyed Jiyong as he placed them on his leg and patted my hand down with his free one. My face went blank, totally unsure what the hell was going on, but Jiyong blew that away with a comforting smile that possibly had a hint of liking. 

"This is nice" breathed Jiyong, while the teacher commented away at the artwork on the screen

That's right, we were still holding hands under the desk, like an actual couple. Shyly I unlaced my fingers from his and put my hands in plain sight on top of my books. I felt silly. Jiyong probably felt pretty good, going by his bliss-on-a-stick expression

"What?" he retracted his hand, finally noticing I had let go "Something wrong?"

I shook my head and clasped my hands tightly together. He noticed, so instead scooched right up beside me practically sitting on my chair.  This affectionate soft spoken guy must be from a paralell universe, since Jiyong was the total opposite any other time. Then again, I never was this affectionate or soft spoken etiher. 

Class eventaully ended though, and he was back into his world of teen royality where he was my favourite person to hate. 

"I saw you two, so don't try and lie. He likes you, and you like him" grinned Emily, walking with me to the cafeteria 

I felt my self blush, "Hell no girl. you know me; forever alone" 

"Whatever. I think you two are cute together" Emily pushed open the door and saw the massive crowded place, "Where do we sit...."

As usual, a spot was open at the left corner table with the six. They waved wildly at me, then huddled to together when they spotted Emily with me. 

She teased me, "Are your only friends guys Cindy?" 

I squished my lips together, "Kind of"

We casually skipped over to the lone table and took a seat. It made me smile at how nervous they got meeting Emily, kind of like how we awkwardly met. Wooyoung, the leader of the lunch gang conversations, was even being quiet.

"How do like the school so far?" asked Junho, munching down on a slice of watermelon

"The classes are pretty cool, as for the people... I hope Jiyong and Key don't represent the entire student body" replied Emily, trailing off at the end with a smirk

Junsu let out a loud breath, "Don't worry, most are just scared of them"

"What about you guys then, are you intimidated by them?" I asked, curious myself since they were frquently bullied by Jiyong and Seunghyun.

"We are a completely different catergory; the outsiders, the misfits" Taecyeon bent his head down and scribbled in his notes, muttering quietly " It's better than the Heir's killer world"

After the first two periods and lunch, I didn't see Emily the rest of the day, or the rest of the week really. Both of us were busy after classes, and lived in seperate buildings. What can you do.

It was Friday, and I sure needed a weekend. It was very tiring playing Jiyong's girlfriend and taking in the heat from students. I think my favourite incident was when a sophmore accused me of being fake, and then tried to pull out my extensions which to her surprise were actually my own hair. The boyfriend had a good laugh when I told him. I have got to stop calling him that, it's not like he really is. Wait; did I want him to be? No, this was "G-Dragon", and we're worlds apart. I'm sure he laughed just as much  me with his Heir friends, like we did together.

"We're going out for a movie tonight, do you want to come?" asked hopeful Wooyoung after drama

I didn't have many friends or a life, so I accepted gratefully.

"Awesome" Nichkhun smiled with his lips and gave Wooyoung a knowing glance, "I know someone who will be really happy to hear that"

Glad to have an actual reason to escape Jiyong's punishments, I skipped down the halls all the way to my dorm, but right into Onew.

"So, Dizzy, rushing off to practice for tomorrow's class?"  Onew took one of the towels and tossled his hair dry, fresh out of the shower. One of the reasons why I disliked my room location, I had to walk through the guy's side if I didn't wantto be late for class.

"I actually am going out with people" I proudly said

His eyes opened in amusment, sarcastically adding "Look at my little Cindy, making friends all on her own"

I grabbed the towel that was on his shoulder and whipped him across the bare chest with it. He curled his arms around him, but that didn't help against my speedy agression.

"Aish! The book throwing, now this" he snatched the towel back finally, "Who you going out with anyways?Jiyong?"

To sound less lame than I really am, I stopped from saying it was with the six. Onew was one of their top three tormenters anyways. I cleared my thoar, ennunciating

"Ok Taecyeon"

"What!" Onew shrieked, almopst dropping the bottom towel around his body.

"Is there a problem?..." I sang, riding out his caniption as long as possible

"If Jiyong was here, he would say something. Taecyeon is...is...uhm....a bad dresser? Ya, that's it, so stay away from him!" Onew rambled

I shrugged, "He's had no problem when I eat lunch with him"

"Because you aren't alone with him, bad things could happen tonight though" he began to search for examples, scratching his neck, "Like he could be using you for popularity, or try to make a move"

My leg instinctivey slid out into my most intimidatring pose, as I slurred

"Isn't that exactly what Jiyong is doing to me?"

Damn; I was good. Onew totally shut up, slowly backing into his room.

"Taecyeon is a fashion terrorist, Jiyong is trying to protect you" he stumbled on the towel he threw down earlier, "Don't cheat on your boyfriend"

With that notion, he slammed the door shut.

"Well he sure has a weird way of showing it" I said under my breath, continuing on to freshen up to go out later.

I finished up the little homework I had, dancing and sketching for only half an hour, before leaving again. Gina insisted I borrow one of her outfits, saying that it mattered what I looked like on my date. I kept insisting it wasn't a date though. It was with six other guys, all of who thought of me as a friend striclty, no one could love this heartless machine. 

"Annyeong Cindy!" Wooyoung scampered over to me before even making it to the side walk, "Excited for the movie?" 

"Definitely, but just hanging with you guys is why I came" I smiled, getting an unexpted hug from him mmediately 

We walked to the local theatre, which was in our local mall. Our academy is in the middle of all the city night life, so local really meant to most people the larger of its kind. 

"Wow, you're cooler than Gray's iced shell" whistled a random guy outside as we approached the door, ending up behind him in line. A closer look his shiny watch and the face's emblem, and I clued in that he went to the academy too.  

Ugh; I knew I shouldn't have let Gina play dress up. I had put on a Fairytail shirt and a cardigan with jeans, but Gina argued that I should -and I quote- "be a women and wear a skirt for once". So, the kiddy anime shirt was tucked into a way too tight short skirt. At least the guy had noticed my prized possession of a shirt... 

"Actually, you die if you use the spell iced shell, so...." I trailed off, totally dorking out. I bet none of the guys knew what the hell I was saying. 

"Seriously, don't" defended Taec, seeing how embarassed I had become. People had been looking at me wandering around with six men oddly, but this guy was the first to say something. 

"Why, you her boyfriend?" slurred the guy, clearly drunk going by the smell of his breath. Definitely enjoyed his soju. 

The other guys looked slightly scared, leaning away from a stiff Taec and a tipsy stranger, especially the youngest Chansung. 

Slightly Taec relaxed and gained some composure back. This guy was just provoking him even more with every obscene ual gestures he made towards me, it was utterly disgusting. 

"No, I'm not" Taecyeon muttered, completely backing off

The drunk rolled his eyes and laughed, covering his mouth. Maybe he was actually trying not to vomit once I thought about it. 

He cackled, "Obviously. As if she'd go for a Cater, you drop out" before having to lean against the wall. 

Nichkhun, offended, stood up for Taec, 

"Just leave us alone and go watch the m-"

Distinctly, the sound of cracking bone was heard; Taecyeon had punched the guy right in the face. 

"Taecyeon!" Junsu and Chansung held him back, "He's not worth it"

Now bleeding out of his nose a ridiculous amount, the guy managed to sputter out a last comment,

"G-Dragon sure has a hold on her. You're just the love sick puppy"

Back for round two, once tamed Taec went wild, slamming him against the brick wall. I was scared, not denying it at all. 

"Call me a Cater, call me obssessed, but don't call her out and pretend you know anything!" Taecyeon screamed, drawing the attention of everyone bystanding

 "You don't either" croacked out the victim, still having the drunken nerve to aruge with an angry Taec. 

This made this little scuttle into a full blown brawl, as his friends and my five tried to pry them off of eachother. Drunk guy wasn't putting up much of a fight, so really he was a punching bag. 

"Ok Taecyeon! Stop it!" I squealed, trying to get in his view to talk him down

"Nope!" he pushed me off into Junho, "I'm finishing this"

"Gentlemen, you need to leave" an employee came out of the theatre and glanced at a heavily breathing Taec and a pummeled victim, "Now"

With the movie a failure, we stalked off to a quiet restaurat for a drink. All of us needed one after than dramatic ordeal. Awkwardly we sipped away at various cool drinks, waiting for someone else to speak first. 

"Sorry guys, I over reacted" mumbled Taec behind the ice he had on his face

I'm sure we won't be allowed back there" sighed Wooyoung, who had been really excited to go

"Reliving the glory days of being an Heir, eh Taec?" commented Nichkhun, spinning his straw around

Taec didn't respond to that. 

The guys all talked happily, catching each other up on their lives. I listened to their trivial dramas with other students, but mostly I listened to silence coming from Taecyeon. He looked so sad and lonely, even though we all were there. 

Eventually we payed the bill and left. At least it was cheaper than seeing a movie. Slowly we headed back to our seperate dormitories as we arrived on campus. I walked quietly with just Taecyeon, seeing as he lived with Junsu who had headed to get some music thing. 

Secretly I hoped he might make some deep confession about why he defended me in the first place, but it didn't come. We were right outside the door inside as I frowned at the lack of conversation. My feelings were at the same time roaming around inside my head, squeaking that I was betraying Jiyong. 

I gave a small smile and waved goodbye, feeling too shy to say goodnight after the fight and walk home. 

Suddenly, Taecyeon opened the door again, practically whispering

"I liked your outfit tonight Cindy. Maybe we can end up Erza and Jellal" 

Then he jogged away. 

"That was, uhm, out of character" I mumbled to myself, surprised he watched Fairytail too. Erza and Jellal were enemies, having tried to kill each other. What the hell type of allusion was that Taecy-

Than I remembered, those two characters were in love. 

Oh; that's what you're trying to tell me.