Faking It

If Only High School Made Sense

"If I lean a bit more to your left, it kind of looks like we're kssing" I checked in the mirror, seeing if it was convincing. I sighed, "Well, it will work I'm sure"

All of yesterday's class was spent on the skits, and also today's. Taec and I were going absolutely no where, both of us really shy and unsure about what we were doing. All we had decided is that there should be a kiss scene, a fake one I mean.

Taecyeon sat down at the desk, his eyes lighitng up

"Ok, what if we go back to the first idea we had but ins-"

"Class! Please return to your seats, your time is up. Who'd like to present fir... Ah, Wooyoung and Nichkhun, how about you two?"

They shook their heads, but were pushed into the open space by some boys. They threw some a death glares and middle fingers when the teacher wasn't looking. Let the hilarity begin. 

It began pretty decently, being about a man that neglected his lover. Than it took a turn for the crazy

"Oh Wooyoung, I have been waiting" seductively said Nichkhun, prancing around him batting his eyes and winking

"Nicki, so have I" Wooyoung, clearly the guy, sweeped up Khun and swung his legs around him, "All night I wi-"

The teacher cut them off, feeling they did too good a job at protraying lust. Everyone was really impressed, disgusted, or . Maybe even all three. Four more pairs presented their skit before Taec and I were called up. I braced myself, seeing as this was going to be 99% improv. At least that was my strong point. Taec gave me a nod and a reassuring smile before we began, 

"Why are you so distant?" Taec walked up behind me quietly, and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Have I done something wrong"

I slid off his hand and turned to look him in the eyes,

"No, its more so what you haven't done"

I paced away from him, trying to act frigid and ticked off at him. That line could have been straight out of Secret Garden or You're Beautiful, impressive. I suddenly had an idea in my mind, a golden one.

"What happened to your promise to me, to us? You're still seeing her, aren't you."

"No, I'm not. Let me prove it to you" pleaded Taecyeon convincingly.

He gripped my hand as I tried to pull away. In one smooth movement, he twirled me into his body like in a chick flick. That's when I started to panic for real, seeing how close his face was getting. This was way more real than how we had practiced.

I jerked my face away, not sure what kind of story Taec was trying to go for anymore.

"L-l-iar" my uncertainty fit how I should be acting, so I went with it, "Stop trying to fool me"

"You shouldn't talk. You're still here, even though you have a rich and famous boyfriend" scoffed Taecyeon

I gasped, "That's different"

He laughed in mockery, "No it isn't. The only difference is that I really do love you, but he doesn't. Jiyong can-"

My eyes fell out of my head at the name. Did this turn into something Taecyeon actually felt? He also realized the slip up, cutting himself off. I heard a girl whisper to her friend how this definitely wasn't exactly love. We are far off that track now. 

It was silent as I dramatically took Taecyeons hand in mine, trying to salvage our obvious mistake

"Guess this is the end. I think one year of lying to each other is enough"

I unlocked my fingers from his, and walked backwards slowly.

In my head, I began to curse, " Taecyeon, say something. We're almost at the maximum time, and this definitely hasn't shown much love"

Taecyeon definitely did that, and more.

He came chasing after me, grabbing my face between his hands. My lips were trembling as he hovered over them, before crashing his on mine.

Taecyeon broke away, whispering, "Now do you believe me?"

Wild applause broke out from the class along with shouts from Wooyoung and Khun, The teacher gave us a large thumbs up and smile,

"Brilliant! You two showed the struggle and triumph in love perfectly. Extremely believable, especially when you two were arguing over one another's other relationships to other people. Top marks for this first assignment, great job Cindy and Taecyeon"

Avoiding everyone's stares, I made my way to my seat with Taecyeon. I spoke not a word to him the rest of the period, out of fear I'd say how I feel. But how do I feel? I honestly don't know. Like in our little improv scene, I was really dating Jiyong. Wait; I'm making it seem like we are actually together... What the hell is wrong with me.

"Hello, Cindy?" Nichkhun sang, waving his hand infront of my eyes "The bell rang you goof ball"

I shook myself awake, "Really? Oh, okay..."

Of course, he was waiting for me at the door; Taecyeon.

"The teacher really liked our skit" he awkwardly commented, sensing how I wasn't up for chit chat

"Yes, I'm sure everyone is talking about it" I mumbled

Suddenly, a random girl from class stopped me in the hallway

"How dare you cheat on Jiyong oppa with this Cater" she huffed in anger,

I cleared my throat, now feeling a little fired up. Also, kind of intimidated because she was taller, prettier, and probably cooler.

"That was acting. We are in drama cla-"

"I don't think so. Jiyong won't be happy to hear this" she shrieked, rushing away from a confused me and an equally dumbfounded Taecyeon. Jiyong's plan wasn't completely stupid afterall; damn it. His fangirls would have me captured by tonight, I'm sure of it.

"Well, uhm..." I stalled, wanting to get away from Taecyeon. I was so embarassed now, so I when I spotted Yunho it was a relief,

"I have dance practice with my partner Yunho, so...bye" I excused

Taecyeon called after me, I'm sure quite weirded out by behavior. It's his fault anyways, for actually kissing me. He might be able to do it and leave out real emotions, but it sure got mine.

Yunho spotted me speed walking towards him. I flashed a crooked smile as I jostled my books in my arms

"Hey Cind-"

"Let's go to the studio" I panted, being pathetically out of breath from walking

He crinkled his brow, "Right now? I guess... Onew shouldn't be there, we can sneak in again"

I sighed in relief as we continued walking in the opposite direction of Taecyeon. Where did all this nervousness and anxiety come from? I should be over it by now. The kiss lasted maybe three seconds, not even.  Around the corner was the next person I didn't want to run into, Jiyong. Lucky me.

"Cindy" he captured my hand, and put and an around me, separating Yunho and I, "Perfect timing. Miss me?"

Yunho was clearly intimitdated, saying we could dance another time and then scurrying away. Heirs are just obnoxious teenagers not wild lions.

I laughed, "Of course Jiyongie!"

He was surprised by my cutesy tone, probably suspecting a snide one. If I was going to win at this so called game, I'd have to be the best girlfriend possbile. By best, I mean worst.

"You ready for our date tonight? I'm taking you to the most popular place to eat, but it's going to be really really crowded" he cooed, emphasizing the amount of people there. I'm sure he had something up his sleeve.

Small crowds lined the halls, watching us intently. I saw Min, Eli, Yunho, and the six gawking at us too. Taecyeon wasnt there though. Eventually we arrived outside my room. This meant I could drop the lovestruck act finally

"I can't believe you're actually doing this" I spat, rummaging around for my key card

Jiyong hugged me from behind, "I can't belive you're going along with it, and liking it "

I kicked him in the shin before coming face to face with him, closer than I was with Taec during drama

"You can drop it Jiyong, I don't like you"

"Want to think again, jagiya?" he whispered sweetly, finding my key card in my pocket. He slyly slid it out and unlocked the door for me

"Nope. I think you should though, oppa" I scoffed, swinging the door open full force. Glad Gina had rehersal after class today.

He stuck his foot in the doorway just as I was closing it, "I will. This is the perfect place for it too"

Definitely didn't like where this was going. I had already had enough interaction with the male species today.

"Get out, naga" I ordered

At least he respected my space, stepping back into the hall. He had peered on to my side of the room before though. My kiddy star pajamas were tucked away safely under the covers fortunately.

Jiyong tried to kiss me on the cheek, I'm sure while smirking. I avoided it easily

"Pick you up at 6?" he asked, sounding actually hopeful

"You're unbelieveable" I replied as his face stayed in his infamous smug expression.

He strutted cockliy down the hall, singing back

"I wouldn't want it any other way Cindy"

I tossed stuff around in frustration, not sure what the hell I was feeling if anything. Taecyeon, now Jiyong. Wow, since when did he get added to this relationship cocktail?

The part that made me nervous was the fact I couldn't find the nerve to say no to either of them.