Surprise Surprise Surprise!

If Only High School Made Sense

I was having the strangest dream. What made it so strange was that it was so similiar to real life that I couldn't tell what was happening. It was kinding bordering on Inception because I think I was dreaming within a dream.  

It was as if I was Wen, and everyone treated me that way too. I figured it was from the past since everyone was much younger looking. There really wasn't much talking -just reenactment- except for this really long speech from the dream from Jiyong about how he loved her. It seemed surreal, considering he was so young in my brain but the words were so sincere. Then it ended, just like that. 

My brain was foggy, unsure if I was 100% awake or not. I could feel the pillows surrounding my body, so I guess it was definitely current day Korea and not my imagination, no time skip Kdrama magic happening here. The soft glow from the sunshine was enough to keep me awake, so I didn't open my eyes due to lack of energy and will.

Sniffing the air I found the familiar scent of Taecyeon's cologne. Dammit; I was still dreaming. 

I laid there trying to assess the situation. I felt arms around me and a soft tickling breath on my neck. It couldn't be Taec though, I had sworn him off long ago so that he wouldn't be hurt anymore. I rolled inwards and barely opened one eye, groaning when I saw the blockhead,

"Screw me sideways..."

Kwon Jiyong. I forgot I had passed out here the other evening. I honestly was half expecting the worst, to find us both , but we weren't so that was positive. His arms were pressed against my chest, while my head was resting in the crook of his neck. 

Suddenly, the door burst open with a loud clank. Both Jiyong and I jolted to full alertness to see who barged in,

"Omo! Suzy left this morning!" 

"With a broken nose! Yah!"

"Jiyong; are you going to come cele- Oh"

Onew and Key finally shut up to observe this once in a lifetime event. I was still in Jiyong's arms, and I still was letting him. 

"Sorry; we uh..." Key slowly shuffled backwards shaking his hands, "I'm going to go find Taemin for dance class. Onew?...."

"Gina wants you back by 3 Cindy; apparently you're going out" informed Onew, following Key out the door

I sat there blinking, thouroughly unsure what I should do. This definitely made the top ten weirdest things that've happened to me, right behind getting a boyfriend. 

"I'm going to leave" I gingerly removed his arms around my body, sliding off the bed, "I think my eternal solitude as a reject starts now" 

"You're such a drama queen" sighed Jiyong, lying back down

Quickly I grabbed my clothng from last night and helped myself to food. With a freshly made bowl of instant ramen in hand, I went for the door. 

"You can stay" Jiyong groggily sat up after quickly dozing off again, "I'll get ready then we can go for lunch" 

Finally taking in what Jiyong looked like I felt like dying on the spot. We had fallen asleep together -I kinda got over that- but he was shirtless. Ugh; neverending frustration with this one. 

"N-no... I'm just going to go back to my dorm..." I muttered, accidentally bumping into the bed post

He yawned, then kicked off the covers as he came to meet me

"Suit yourself. I'll see you next week then for the usual meeting then" 

"I'm an Heir?" I choppily stated

"Well yah; obviously. With Suzy gone, who's stopping me. The other Heirs were basically waiting for you to take Suzy out before one of them did. It'll be no problem" said Jiyong

Last night I had been counting on being thrown out. Now I had to stay in the death trap. I could leave voluntarily and pull a Taecyeon, but that would mean leaving Jiyong. I couldn't leave him alone, I said it myself last night when this mess started. 

"Yah.... I'll see you then" I mumbled, stumbling on some clothing in a basket

"Before you leave, I just want to say thanks" shirtless boy caught me in a hug, heat radiating from his bare skin, "Thanks for getting me out last night and staying with me. I would've been alone if it wasn't for you"

"No problem" I breathed, feeling dizzy from all the skinship

Was it wrong to feel comfortable in his arms? Should I be enjoying spending time with him? I don't know; everything I did felt like I was betraying someone. I really did want him to be okay, he was my friend now. 

I said a final bye and left promptly after. His toplessness made me extremely nervous so I wasn't sticking around. 

Unfortunately this wasn't one of those days where the school was a ghost town. It was the complete opposite. Students were loitering the hallways, making them safety hazards to those walking through. Guess word had gotten out already about last night considering they withdrew to the walls quicker then usual. 

"So you're official? I heard you're Princess" said Joon, waving me down 

"Nope; definitely not Princess. And where are your other halves, the twins Hongki and Mir" I slurped back some noodles, dropping some on the ground "Haven't seen them for a while"

"Mir's at a waffle house, and Hongki has gone to see their parents. But tell me; did you really take out Suzy? That's what the buzz is" he whispered

I had to give credit Joon. Since he was in the popular dance crowd, he got information to a certain degree of accuracy at least. 

"Yup; punched her right in the nose" I sighed, secretly wishing to do it again

"Daebak; I think you'll be a great Heir. Glad we voted you in" he smiled, giving me a pat on the back

Now at the cross roads which separated the dorms, I mumbled out a 'later' to Joon with a food filled mouth. 

"Wait" I backtracked and jerked my head for him to notice, "Have you talked to Woomily at all?"

He laughed, 

"Yah; she came to a group lunch two days ago. She mentioned Wooyoung being gone for a few days, so the coast is clear"

It was obvious how much I avoided the six now. Even Joon who doesn't catch on quickly noticed the true question. I gave him a small smile and salute, redirecting to go visit Emily.

Loudly I knocked on her door, wanting to be back for 3 like Onew mentioned. I had slept in unusually late with Jiyong. Ugh; that sounded so  dirty and weird. Jiyong and I sleeping together.... Bleh. 

"Hey, you free for a bit?" I asked as the door squeaked open

"You?...." she let me in and shut the door, "Did you get pregnant?"

I flicked her in the ear, 

"No; I don't even have a boyfriend dumb "

"Not what I heard from Key" she sang

"God Emily. You've been talking to him again?" I sighed while rubbing my temples. 

She shrugged, 

"We've just been texting and stuff. Then we went for dinner a couple of days ago. Then he asked me out again for tonight" 

The look I gave her perfectly conveyed my question, not needing any words. Just the right percentage of attitude, skepticism, and curiosity. 

"Wooyoung doesn't really know..." her tone suddenly got very sharp and urgent, "But it doesn't matter; it's not like I'm cheating. I still like Mandu Cheeks"

I was eyeing her recent character sketches as I spoke, one of them resembling Key coincidentally,

"So you think the only reason I'd come to you, is if I was knocked up?"

"You know I was joking. Kind of. You haven't been exactly telling me a lot as of -I don't know- the past month" she said, grabbing a package of cupcakes off her desk

"I'm not trying to avoid you. You of all people should understand why I haven't been around" I muttered, not wanting this to turn into a massive fight

"He misses you" she the wrapper before adding it to the garbage pile, "He is hurting a lot" 

"And you think I'm not?" I stated a little too firmly

Emily slowed down her hand feeding the third cupcake, answering like I wasn't there

"I didn't say you weren't..."

Awkwardly I took one myself, slowing peeling off the crepe paper. I crumpled it into a ball and tossed it somewhere relatively near the garbage can. Going by the look of her dorm, it didn't really matter. I'm surprised that her roommate didn't mind. 

"How are you and Jiyong going? Good apparently. from what the rumour mill has been churning out" she said, breaking the icing eating quietness 

"He feeds me. You know... It's nice. He has that instant kimchi ramen I like." I answered passively, wondering if she had some also by chance

Emily laughed, 

"Aside from food, any bow-chicka-wow-wow?" 

I narrowed my eyes and shook my head at her, clicking my tongue also

"Did you really just say that? Jiyong and I are just... I don't really know what we are sometimes but we've passed the I-want-to-burn-you-alive stage. Friends kind of, I guess"

"He seems to be pretty serious about you though. Key and Onew might be idiots, but they know Jiyong" she took out her cellphone, smiling as she replied, "Oh; it's Key. He's wondering if I'm free"

"Glad to know you are completely over him Emily" I sarcastically remarked, pulling out my own phone to see multiple messages from Jiyong

-You left your earrings

-I still have your earrings

-Are you free tonight because I have the buttons earrings

-Do you want hangout again? I have something for you

I hate to admit this, but reading these made me just as smiley and giddy as Emily. 

"I saw that" Emily started eating the last few bites of the ramen I'd taken from Ji, "You want him, you like him, you want to date hi-"

"Shut up. The only reason things are like this is because of... Well you know why" I barked, 

Taken aback by my harsh answer, she stood up and opened the door with her foot. The loud murmur of the hallway instantly flooded in. 

"Wow; can't even say his name. It's Ok Taecyeon, incase you forgot along with yourself" she nodded towards the exit, "Once you decide to be honest with yourself about your feelings, and then me, we'll chat"

"What about you and Woobaby; be honest with me about that Emily" I remarked

Immediately her face scrunched up into the signature snarl I knew too well. She chucked the empty styrofoam bowl to the ground and grabbed a flip flop instead. 

"Naga" a few whips of the shoe came at me as I swatted pathetically back, "Get out. And next time I see you, you better have your crap sorted out"

I put my hands up in surrender, backing out slowly into the hallway. Sticking out my tongue, I used the high pitched slurred tone that was reserved for when we used to mock Jiyong,

"You too unnie"

It frustrated me so much how hard it was to talk with her nowadays. I felt so constrained because she was dating Wooyoung, and getting a thing for Key again. It was rare she was apart from him, so the time it could just be us was rare. Still, I was paranoid that one of the six could saunter in, making the most awkward run in of history. I had solidly avoided them all for the past umpteen weeks, so breaking that streak wasn't exactly on the to do list. 

I had slumped my way back to my own room so I could shower and do some work. Of course, I just ended up staring at my phone unsure how to answer Jiyong while Gina chewed me out on not coming back alst night. A part of my brain was shouting "Do it, you like it when he treats you special" while a sliver of it said the opposite, "He's an . You're an . Don't".

There's a difference between Mr. Right and Mr. Right Now.  Could Ji be meant for right now?

This wasn't debatable since I was dragging myself down to his room again. I liked being around him; it was undeniable at this point. 

"Oh; it's you" Jiyong grinned and welcomed me in, "Don't mind Seungri"

I glanced over at Seungri's to which he waved a quick hello, before submerging back into the documentary about panda bears on his laptop. Jiyong commented,

"He's really into pandas" 

"I can tell" I laughed, seeing his collection that rivaled Junsu's. 

"Here are your earrings" he took them out of his pocket and into my open hand, "And how about dinner? With Xiaxue and her friend?"

I winced, 

"Random, but foo you think she'd want me there, considering you haven't seen each other for a long time?"

"Since she's bringing a friend, I figure why can't I. Plus she loves you" he shrugged, grabbing a jacket hanging off the top bunk. 

Carefully I considered how this could backfire on me. After much consideration, I came up empty. I had no reason to decline the invite to a free meal. Then I thought of a critical question, pointing at Jiyong with an eye smile, 

"Who is this friend she's bringing?"

He paused, half way done buttoning up the front, 

"I think one of the trainees. Ever since she ditched for the festival, she's been stuck watching them as punishment. She mentioned someone named Jaejoong" 

Wait; was I going on a double date? Couldn't be considering Xiaxue is under a dating ban I really needed to stop jumping to conclusions. 

"Ok; I'm in" I took a peek at myself in the full length mirror, "Is this ok? Or am I not formal enough?"

"You always pretty. We're just going to the cafe anyways" he said, checking his own appearance

He looked more than formal though; the crisp olive green jacket and gold sneakers. Then again he always dressed like that. Looking at myself I guess I had become his female counterpart. To be honest I just sneakily accumulated clothing I'd borrowed from him. He owned so much he never noticed, or just liked it when I wore his things. Probably just liked me wearing his things. 

Slowly we walked to the cafe, since he refused my scooter and I refused his car. It was so flashy and uneccessary. I needed a good walk anyways, the only active thing I did was run. Run a blog that is. 

"So what'd you this after noon with Gina?" asked Jiyong

"Yes... That. Onew lied. She just wanted to pick my brain about last night and this morning. I stopped by Emily's before though" I replied

He raised an eyebrow, 

"And what's new with her?"

"Well we kind of just argued. Turns out she's been talking with Key again." I sighed, wondering if she was with him right now. 

"Is there something wrong with that? It's not like they're dating" he said

"I just don't want someone to get hurt" I bit down on my lip, causing the colour to leave momentarily, "Wooyoung is a good guy"

By now we had arrived at the cafe after our chatter. Confidently Jiyong led the way to where Xiaxue and her friend waited. I was surprised she came out in public so casually, considering she had just released her mini album. 

"Jiyong; G-Dragon" Xiaxue beamed as she hugged him tightly, me catching up slowly "I missed seeing that mug of yours. See you brought a gue-"

She froze, seeing me click up in my red wedges to Jiyong's side. He naturally put his hand on the small of my back, proudly kissing me on the cheek quickly. I wanted to donkey kick him in the crotch for that move. That boy needs to learn how to manage himself. I thought we had moved on from the showing off stage, acting like a pompous snob around me. Old habits die hard. 

"Hi Cindy. Haven't seen you for a long time either" Xiaxue awkwardly greeted, clearly surprised by Jiyong's choice 

Then it became my turn to become tongue tied, seeing who her friend was. 

"Y-yunho?" my face became rigid as he walked towards us from the washroom, "Uh.... Annyeonghasayo oppa" 

At first he just smiled at me, but then did a double take as he fully took in the situation. Xiaxue hadn't counted on Jiyong bringing me, and I hadn't counted on her bringing Yunho. I felt like melting to the ground and evaporating.

"H-hello" he stuttered in English, almost missing the seat

Level of awkwardness = over 9000. 

I observed Xiaxue as she gave an apologetic and suprised looked to Yunho. He winced and shrugged, sighing loudly after. Here we go, I felt like an again. I did kind of like Yunho as more than a friend when I considered his past feelings, he was so nice and drama free. He was a trainee now though, even if he did still like me we couldn't date. 

We all chatted cautiously throughout the meal, not wanting to reveal too much or say the wrong thing. I'm sure Xiaxue had enough dirt on Jiyong to bury him in a six foot deep hole. As for me, I knew enough about him to last a life time, or until we both graduate. The entire time I noticed Yunho checking me out. No; not in that way, just strictly what I was wearing. I admit that the white jeans and designer jacket are a little too flashy for my taste. 

"I like you earrings Cindy. The gold is- Oh. They match Ji's. Kupta" Xiaxue complimented

I hadn't noitced that part of his ensemble. If I had known he was wearing them, I wouldn't have. It makes us look like a couple who are committed to eachother. We are the complete opposite of that, both of us are unsure when the other will just drop dead in this friendship. 

"Thanks" I automatically touched my ears and smiled with just my lips, "They were his idea" 

We finished up dinner, but passed on desert. Between the tension in the air and the pricey food I was more than satisfied. The conversation between the four of us mostly just flopped between Xiaxue's schedule, and Yunho's training. Whenever it came close to anything about the academy, I tried to avoid it and let Jiyong speak. I didn't want to talk about it, or more so him. Taec. 

"I just need to wash my hands and clean up a bit"  I excused, folding the napkin up in my anxious hands

"Good idea" Xiaxue put her sunglasses back on along with a scarf while standing up, "Plus; girls go to the bathroom together. I don't know why, we just do. Unwritten rule"

As soon as the door swung shut to the perfumed filled room, she grabbed my wrists and grinned wildly

"I'm so happy for you two! I tried to contain the inner fangirl since there were some people eating, but now... So happy for you two!"

This hyped up Xiaxue scared me more than angry Xiaxue; what was she talking about? 

"It's not what you think... We aren't dating" I laughed through a forced stiff smile

Instantly the perky corners of dropped into a frown, 

"What?" 

"Does it seem like we are together..." I slowly said 

"Sorry... I just thought that since he was wearing his ring, it meant you two were official" she sheepishly apolgized

My laugh went up about two octaves as if I had eaten helium, 

"Ring? A ring?"

Xiaxue snarled, "Jiyong you liar. Stupid! Ugh; what am I going to do with you!" starting to throw a fit by punching and strangling nothing but air

"I'm clearly missing sometihng" I mumbled, waiting for her to finish slapping an imaginary Jiyong

She froze, regaining her compusure finally. Xiaxue grinded her teeth, the sound almost louder than her voice

"I'm going to be sending him a very angry text message tonight, along with a blasting right now. Don't worry; he'll explain to you sooner or later himself" 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Jiyong's Perspective

Xiaxue, Xiaxue, Xiaxue... I am going to murder you in your sleep. 

She had said specifically that she was bringing along the trainee Jaejoong. I had met him a few times actually since he had gone to Kirin with Yoochun, so I was okay with it. Then I saw Yunho. That girl can pick' em.

I could have cut the tension in the air between everyone and served it on a plate. Yunho especially was ucomfortable, the way he shifted his eyes constantly away from Cindy whenever they wandered there which was often. I made it clear she was mine; I even let her wear one of my jacket for emphasis.  I even kissed her. 

Kissing her; what a great feeling. 

"So Cindy... She's an Heir now. Officially" dryly stated Yunho, drumming his fingers on the table

I nodded, hoping the two girls qould get back already

"Yes sir, but she still eats the same"

"That's maybe the only thing that didn't change" Yunho laughed quietly, the straigtened up in his chairwith a sigh, "Every else has though. She looks..."

"Beautiful? Pretty? Wonderful?" I suggested to fill in the blank

"No... She was always those things" he lowered his head for a moment, then snapped his fingers and pointed, "Ah; like you. She looks like you"

"Thank you?" I said, unsure whether that was a compliment or not. Probably not. 

I was about to pry a little and see where Yunho stood in line for Cindy as a girlfriend when I heard the distinctive clomp of Xiaxue. It was abnormally heavy but not enough to rattle the lights. Just by her walk I could tell she was angry and trying to hide it. 

"Well we're ready to leave, unless you two want anything else" sang Xiaxue, masking whatever was bothering her

"No; we're good" Yunho stole another glance at Cindy, standing up "It was great to see you two" 

"Jiyong said he wanted to see the new studio, so I'll give him a ride back. I don't want to keep you tied down, so you can do whatever. I won't tell eMpress" casually said Xiaxue, digging into her purse for keys

"I'm sorry; what?" I raised an eyebrow, wondering what the hell she was trying to pull "I didn't realize we were-"

"Taking my car. I know we were going to walk, but I ended up driving" she interrupted, saying a completely different message with her eyes. 

I guess tonight I'll play along with her ploy, whatever it was. It wasn't my ideal, considering it meant Yunho and Cindy would be alone but I trusted it was something important. Maybe I had to bail her out of trouble with her label or mother again. 

"Want to tell me why you're crazier than usual?" I asked smugly, following close behind her

"Not until we're out of the cafe" she yipped with clenched teeth, nodding towards Cindy and Yunho who were sitting at the table talking

Dammit; I was getting jealous. I could see Yunho smiling at Cindy, and I knew she was smiling back. Stupid guys with the stupid ability to express thir emotions.  

For what felt like a full hour was only a mere minute to the car. Like any other day with Xiaxue I buckled up in the car, rolled down the window halfway, and kicked up my feet on the dashboard. Then as usual she shoved them off as soon as she got in, starting up the manual car after stalling it. She swore loudly at the car first, but then at me once we got on the street

"You're lucky I didn't scratch your eyes out in front of your girlfriend. Oh wait; she isn't! And you implied she was!" 

Apparently girls just go to the bathroom to gossip in huddled groups. 

"Cindy just likes to play hard to get" I shrugged, knowing I had been ratted out 

"You told me specifically that you needed money to buy couple rings since almighty Father Kwon has stopped paying for your living expenses. I did, on the condition you'd ask her out, and only then could you wear it. Then I see you tonight -and oh look- you're wearing it! And you haven't gotten any fatrther with her since the lat time we talked!" she ranted, running a red light 

"I was going to ask her her out, but there was... intererence" I excused

She slammed on the breaks as a pedestrian just stepped on the the road, 

"Go on... This answer just might save your " 

I sighed, 

"Taecyeon showed up with Suzy and it totally spooked her. I couldn't do iti; she was so freaked" 

She pursed her lips while she accelerate, chuckling lightlly after

" Ok should be his nickname. You tried though; I guess you can live" 

Phew; I was spared. For now. 

"So at least have you done anything to express your creepy and obssessive crush on her?" she asked

"We slept together after the Heir meeting" I put my feet back on the dashboard, "Better than nothing" 

Immediately my legs slammed against the door as the tires squealed, stopping right before the intersection. Xiaxue punched me hard in the chest, slapping the back of my head also

"Idiot! Idiot! The only place you ever should touch a girl before marriage is the heart! I taught you that!" she barked, continuing the assault

I weakly defended myself, putting my hands up infront of my face

"I mean slept; just slept. She fell asleep in my bed with me! No ! I swear" 

With a threatening back hand raised, Xiaxue scanned over me like a lie detector, beeping sound effects and all

" ... You're clear" she backed down and focusesd on her poor driving, "Did you say anything nice to her at least?" 

"She wasn't listening or concious; but yes. It could have been in one of those cheesy fanfiictions you read about youself it was so good" I proudly admitted

"You're a pathetic excuse for a man, you know that?" she huffed, turning on the radio to blur out my voice I'm sure 

At least she had forgotten about the couple rings.