You Again...

If Only High School Made Sense

The next day I had to hit the snooze button more than once. I did not want to get up for my 8 am class.

Falling asleep in the shower and dozing off during breakfast, I somehow got my tired to first period. At least it was media, one of the courses I was really looking forward to. Today was just an intro, learning what the expectations were and the general outline of the semester. Already I could see the cliques forming according to where the students first sat; the rich girls, the wannabe dothraki man warriors, and the leftovers. I was a leftover. I thought it couldn't get more socially awkward, until we were instructed for a quick group activity. I hate group activities, because I always end up doing all the work.

Shyly the girl beside me gave me a smile as the teacher paired us together, along with another two guys for a group of four.

"Hi; I'm Min" she introduced, waving with her fingers.

She was a cute girl; short hair, natural colour, nothing overdone or fake about her outfit. I think we could get a long. 

"I'm Cindy. Are you a new student here?"

She shook her head, "No, I came last year during semester two as a transfer. I'm here full time now, permamnently."

The two guys wriggled themselves into our small talk and introduced themselves. One was named Eli, he was from the States. The second I recognized, unfortunately. He acted above like he was superior to the rest of us, like the day I'd came here

"Key" he cooed, as if it was a crime not to know him. That's an Heir for sure, but this wasn't dance class, it was media. I didn't care about his status, not here. At least it wasn't his fellow gang member Onew.

I smirked back, "Pleasure"

Eli and Min's reactions to my smug tone back at Key surprised them, tight lips and buldging eyes. It was clear no one dared speak against an Heir. Since I came here to get an upper hand as an artist, not to get involved in this childish drama, I set the record straight.

"Whatever prejudice you have drop it now. It's one group project, and then you can go prancing back to Onew and they rest of your crew."

Key's ears began to turn red, and his brow crinkled. His lips squished together in a look of shock and bewilderment at my upfront comeback. I do tend to upfront, maybe too much so. Oh well; what can you do, that's just me.

"What makes you say that Miss Canada?"

Great; another cutesy nickname I could hate along with its creator.

"I'm sure that these two fine classmates Eli and Min could cooperate like rice and kimchee chiage, but you sir have been a bitter piece of chocolate from the start"

Eli and Min began to laugh at my food comparisons, while Key just looked more ticked off

"Did you just call me a piece of chocolate?"

I could tell he was going to be a thick piece of chocolate to break through, thats for sure. He probably had a soft centre though, just like any other piece. I'm really craving some food if it wasn't already obvious.

Somehow we managed to muddle through the period, coming up with the main idea for the assignment tomorrow. We had to come up with an adervertisement for a product, which was a clothing line called iMpress. Since everyone wanted to make sure theirs was better than other groups, the competitive edge was definuitely pressing down on us. Especially since we had oh so charismatic Key. Well, he was to the girls sitting across for him while we were working.

"Key, what do y-" I stopped dragging the clothing's logo on to the screen, "Do you want to pass this class?"

He stopped winking and making y face at some girls, giving me a death glare that said "I want to punch you"

"I know you do"

Touche, you clever jerk.

If I blurred out Key, my first class was a blast. Min and Eli were really nice, especially Eli who was a native English speaker. It helped a lot since I didn't get how to navigate through the software very well. Tomorrow, we'd be able to present a nice advertisement with pride.

With a positive attitude, I left the class for the next which was 'creative expression". In real terms, art. I honestly think that with all the money it takes to get into the school, they should at least get their English right.

I hoped that I'd make a partner in crime, eyeing all the students as they sat down. A few stood out, as they were the ones with their noses in sletchbooks actually participating. I was about to make a move and introduce myself before class, when someone burst in the door right before the late bell,

"I'm here. You can continue"

I slapped my forehead; it was Jiyong.

 

"Welcome Jiyong, sit where you like"

Jiyong gave the young female teacher a smile that could kill before sitting in the only empty seat, the one beside me. I couldn't believe that even the teachers were influenced by the Heirs.

"You" he muttered, giving me wink. The other girl beside him was putting on her best face to get noticed. I did the opposite, sticking out my tongue and giving him the finger underneath the desk.

"Where's your counterpart?" I asked blandly

"Seunghyung has art first. Why, you interested?" Jiyong mockingly laughed

I sighed, "No, I have interest in no one actually"

"Chincha? Not even my charming Heir self?" he smirked

"Especially not you" I mumbled, scratching deeply at my paper with pen

For the entire class I had to withstand the want of absolutely losing it on Jiyong. I thought Key and Onew were prissy, but Jiyong made those Heirs look like newborn loving kittens. It wasn't that he was rude, he was just so ignorant and smug.

Being the first day of classes, I thought it would be pretty easy. That was a lie, because I was stuck with diva Jiyong as a partner. The teacher felt we should get to know the other students, so she picked out partners to do some icebreaker activities. I'd like to break something alright.

"You're such an Heir" I huffed, watching Jiyong drawing a picture of himself, flashy clothes and all.

He kept on sketching away with a grin, "Obviously; I could be a Royal end of the week if I tried"

What's a Royal? The weird slang really was useless to me. Jiyong picked up on the fact that I had no clever comeback

"A Royal means you're an Heir in more than one department. We haven't had one in years. Kim Tae Woo, Eun Ji Won, eMpress; all Royals."

My jaw began to unhinge, lowering to the ground in surprise

"All of them went here?" I gasped

Jiyong nodded, "Of course, most students are snatched up by companies the minute they graduate. I've been contacted already by YG Entertainment for training"

"Wait; if you aren't an Heir here, than what department are you one in?" I asked, remembering how Gina said there was no current Heir in art.

"Music" Jiyong whipped out an expensive looking laptop and plugged in some headphones, "Compose, produce, sing, rap; I do it all"

Even though I wasn't fond of Jiyong, more so disliked, I had to give him praise for the music. With one of the headphones pressed against my ear, I found myself bobbing my head and tapping my feet. I didn't want to give him a reason to wipe his smug smile back on, so I played off how impressed I was as nonchalantly as possible,

"Not half bad, uhm, G-Dragon"

Damn; his smugness crept on with his stage name. His satisfaction with my satisfaction was bugging me.

"G-Dragon is totally daebak, buggigio" he grinned, ripping off a page for a new one

I rolled my eyes, "Ya ya ya; it's the tops"

He raised his eyebrows, "The tops? You're such a foreigner"

"Who would have guessed" I sarcastically remarked

"Feisty one, aren't you" Jiyong looked up and down from the paper to me, "Stop moving"

Oh yeah; the activity. The teacher wanted us to draw a picture of our partner, incorporating what we've learned about them. All I knew was that Mr. G-Dragon was a massive- Wait; I could work with that.

"Aye! Stop trying to peak!" I smacked away Jiyong's hand which was trying to take my drawing,

He laughed, "Calm down Canada, You can look a-"

"Ok students, hopefully you have finished your sketches. Class will be over in fifteen minutes, so would anyone like to come up with their partner and share with us?"

Jiyong didn't even raise his hand, but went straight up to the front proudly carrying his masterpiece. The teacher seemed to have wanted him to com up, going by the cutesy glazed over eyes. It was more so creepy to me, how old was that women anyways.

"I, Kwon Jiyong, have drawn the elusive and wild Canadian Cindy"

I stared in horror at the drawing. It wasn't that it was bad, but because he was making a joke out of me.

"This specie loves to eat, but loves to sleep even more."

The class began to giggle as he made some snoring sounds.

"Like any other female though, she of course is searching for a mate. As you can see this creature is after the G-Dragon."

By now I had come up with about ten scenarios involving how I would severely injure Jiyong for this. How could he say that, let alone draw me fawning over him. I felt the exact opposite, I wanted to pummel his face into a wall. At least he drew us well, if he hadn't I would be much more angry. 

"Thank you Jiyong, that was wonderful" the teacher calmed herself down from the giggle fit, "Now let's see what Cindy drew"

I marched up to the front of the classroom, bumping Jiyong before speaking

"Mr. Kwon is a prime example of what a student here is; hardworking, talented..." I gave him a cutesy smile out of mockery, "charming."

I could see some girls in the corner eye each other at this, but I kept going

"But he above all is the best example of what an Heir is, and who wouldn't want to be one"

I unveiled my drawing, slapping it under the document camera to be projected on the screen. I smirked as everyone back their laughter at me from earlier.

I had drawn Jiyong sitting in a throne, yelling out orders. The little speech bubble added the perfect satiric touch. Written in my chunky scrawl were the words "the best Heir- head". I have to thank my cafeteria table buddies for that clever pun.

"An Heir-head, the Heir-head" I sneered, tasting the sweetness of a little payback and equality. I'm sure his ego would be a good eat once I chopped off a few hunks too.

The bell rung as I caught Jiyong's pale face in my peripheral vision; perfect timing. I whipped my shoulder bag off my seat in the front row, and strutted out of the room not caring what he would do. Whatever other words he decided to tease and torment me with along with other Heirs, I could live with. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything, and I'm not falling for his flirty moves.

"Hows your first day going so far?" asked Wooyoung, as I arrived at the lunch table.

I plopped down heavily, "Had to work with an Heir-head in both classes. Pretty sure I'm the public enemy now"

"Chincha? Wae?" mumbled Nichkhun,  downing a drink from Starbucks. He sure loved them, he had one last night and in the hall when I saw him between class.

"Key was being a rude and lazy so I stood up for myself, and then Jiyong was even worse so I did the same but in front of the entire class. I think by tonight there will be WANTED posters in the dorms" I said while rolling an orange between my hands

"Cindy, that is social suicide" hissed Junsu

I shrugged, "And do I care about being popular? Nope"

"Uh oh, speak of the devil" Junho nudged me, motioning towards Jiyong who was approaching the table with his other half Seunghyun.

"That was a great little drawing Cindy. It really brought out my good side" Jiyong pushed Taecyeon who was sitting beside me, wedging himself in, "but it was missing something, like your intense and undeniable attraction to me"

Taecyeon stopped swirling around the food on his plate, and peered at me through his glasses.

"More like my intense and undeniable disgust for you" I spat back, pushing away my tray

His lips spread into the smug smile I hated so much,

"I like some fire in my woman, makes for a fun challenge.The chase begins"

"Jiyong, we just want to eat. We're not trying to pick a fight" defended Chansung innocently, quite nervous going by his expression

"Shut up babo, I'm here for Miss Canada anyways" retorted Jiyong, with a threatening glare. Chansung automatically recoiled.

Jiyong turned to face me straight on, "How about we try again, meet me after class tomo-"

"Leave her alone Jiyong, stop being such an Heir-head"

Taecyeon's interruption took all of us by surprise. He held his stance, sitting up straight and looking directly at Jiyong.

"Jealous? Falling for the new girl you filthy Cater?" Jiyong scowled at Taecyeon before getting out off the bench, "Of course you are, because I'm after her"

Taecyeon was left with his mouth hanging open, trying to form words but failing. It was going how Jiyong wanted, and that was with us losing.

Seductively, Jiyong winked at me and whispered into my ear, "See you tomorrow"

Like hell I wanted to see, let alone talk to him again.

With a bowl of rice I squished it into his hair. Some of it dirbbled down his face and into his fancy brand name shirt, while the rest of the grains clung to his short styled hair. With the element of surprise and adrenaline rush, I the rest of my chilled green tea drink into his face. The boys were at first trying to stay serious, but ended up howling with laughter. Seunghyun rushed to his beloved best friend, brushing out his rice filled hair.

"You!" Jiyong flicked of some of the drink form his face, "Learn some respect!"

I stood up, my nose almost touching his even though I was quite smaller,

"I will when you do, you Heir-head"

With that last comment, the two stormed off out of the cafeteria. I turned back to see all of them grinning wildly, except for Taecyeon

"Now that was daebak!" cheered Wooyoung, clearly impressed at my craziness

"No one has ever acted like that towards an Heir, especially Kwon Jiyong" added Junho,

Taecyeon coughed, mumbling "Because people know the consequence"

We gossiped and giggled at the incident, the guys all saying how maybe they'd think again about picking on them. I felt bad, considering this is how they were treated by students and not just Jiyong. It was approaching the beginning of third period, so people were beginning to drift out. Eventually it was just Taecyeon and I left at our corner table.

"You really shouldn't have done that Cindy" said Taecyeon,

I winced, "He called you a filthy Cater, and Chansung babo, I wasn't going to let it go on"

Even though I didn't know what a Cater was at this school, it was clear it wasn't a good thing. It was all over Taec's face when Jiyong yelled at him. It was now awkwardly quiet as we threw out the garbage from lunch, and began to walk to class.

"Thanks" Taecyeon gave me a small smile, dropping his eyes down to his shuffling feet, "No one is usually very nice to dorky and goofy me"

"No problem, you deserve to be treated well. You are a nice guy" I assured, giving him a hopeful grin

He chuckled lightly before becoming serious, "Be careful, Jiyong will cause only trouble for you. Now that he's an Heir all he wants is to be a Royal, and he'll do anything for it to happen"

"And all I want is to go for all you can eat sushi, but that's not happening either. Don't worry Taec; I'm a big girl" I stopped outside the classroom door, "See you later kid"

He waved goodbye as I swung around the door into the room. I closely checked out all the students there, hoping that Jiyong wasn't in my dance class also. No Heirs in sight; this was a plus. Sighing in relief, I removed my sweater and joined the others on the studio floor.

"Short-stack! Great to see your face"

Onew pranced through the door, but didn't join the others sitting down. Instead he went to the front of the group, instantly gainging the attention of everyone, especially the females. I chose not to repsond to his over casual greeting.

"Onew here, incase you didn't know"

Already being his cocky and suave self. Did this kid think he ran the cla-

"I will be your teacher for dance"

Apparently he actually did.

The only bit of excitement I got was thinking of how I could 'accidentally' nail him in the crotch with some kicks. Was this day great, or what.

It was definitely, the 'or what'.