Gamblers

If Only High School Made Sense

"Hi" Taecyeon grinned like a little boy, "You're right on time"

I awkwardly smiled back as Emily and i filed into his room. I'm glad I had decided to tow her along since the other five trouble makers were also there. Wooyoung patted the seat beside him on the desk, but I shook my head and sat with Taecyeon.

Wooyoung corrected, "It's for Emily" and scooched over even more for her to sit down. Great; feeling like an .

"I-I got you a box of Pocky noona" nervously said Taecyeon, reaching into his desk drawer and handing me it

I gave him a quick hug, "Thanks. Didn't think you'd remember"

Shyly I ripped back the seal, totally distracted with thoughts of Jiyong still. I told myelf he was trying to string me along again to impress the Heirs, but a little part of me whispered that he really did like me and that I liked him too.

"Does everyone like food and drama? Of course you guys do, so Friday we are all going out to the festival!" yipped Nichkhun with support from Junho and Chansung

I tried not to giggle, remembering how they had tried to get Taec to take me there himself. They probably were doing this 'group date' thing as a favour to him. I found it quite cute actually.

"I don't exaclty want to spend my evening wheeling around with these two" commented Emily. It was a valid point.

Junsu pointed a knowing finger, "Exactly. Easy to fix; we all go with a date"

Emily began to laugh uncontrollably, whether out of uncomfort or actual humour.

"S-seriously guys" She calmed down slightly and stopped snorting, "I kind of have been blacklisted in the dating world"

"Key has nothing on our Jang Wooyoung; he's yours for the festival" Khun boasted, pushing Wooyoung so he bumped Emily. He awkwardly shifted slightly away from her.

To get them off the hot seat, I stepped in

"Then who are you all going with?"

a head swung over the top bunk,

"We already have it figured out. Yanin, Sherleen, Jia, and Sohee"

I scrunched up my face, "Do I know them?"

Nichkhun laughed, "You'd only maybe know Jia and Sohee, they're in my morning music class" then added shyly, "...and Yanin and Sherleen are my sisters"

Seeing how let down they looked just because they didn't have women basking in their glow, I confidently replied,

"Daebak; I'm excited to meet them"

We chatted on about how the Friday event would roll out -what we'd eat, what performances we'd watch- but I couldn't help but notice how sad they all looked at the idea. The only people who looked slightly excited were Taec and Wooyoung, and I was Taec's girlfriend.

"Where did you disappear to anyways? You aren't avoiding it" smirked Chansung

Crap; just got caught. For once I thought I had gotten away with my shenanigans, like the time I had kept a necklace from Jiyong.

"I was napping" I lied

Khun pressed his lips together, "You do that in class anyways"

"So did I miss anything?" I asked

"Ya! That new singer Sisi came to the class to observe, whatever that's code for. The CEO eMpress was also there, saying she hoped to find some new talent here after the previous dance class" Wooyoung informed enthusiastically

He then added, "She seemed to take a liking to our Thai Prince if you know what I mean"

I chuckled, "Be more specific maknae"

Wooyoung prepped for the little showing of evidence, carefully speaking

"They were making some serious eye contact, she laughed at his lame jokes, and at the end of their imrpov exercise she gave a standing ovation"

"Sounds more like Khun has the hots for her" I commented, being supported by Khun disappearing behind a pillow and Chansung.

He sighed, "Maybe..."

"Then why don't you ask her out" said Emily, with a look that said "no duh"

"Because Sisi is, you know... an idol!" He threw the pillow on the ground and pouted frustrated, "She is so out of my league. Plus, she has fan boys eating out of her hand, ones that are cuter, more muscualr, and more talented"

Nichkhun then raised his hand to add another point,

"And where would I take her out to anyways, I don't have free time every weekday or a car. Or money"

All of us in the room bore holes in him with our eyes, then said in unison

"The drama festival babo!"

He jumped back from the edge of the bed right against the wall, making a weird hiccuping sound

"Ok! I get it. But I'm not asking her"

I groaned, "I'l ask her then. You're getting a date Khun, a real one"

And so I did; as soon as I got her number from Yunho.

On my way back after the little meeting I stopped by his room. I knocked once and immediately the door flew open. It wasn't Yunho though, but Onew.

"We're busy Miss Canada, can we talk la-"

"I'm here for Yunho idiot" I spat

Yunho scuttled out from the room, leaving Onew on his lonesome. He even closed the door so we were out in the hall. I could picture Onew having a temper tantrum.

"What do you need Cindy?" he asked, totally ignoring the PMS-ing guest in his dorm

"Could I have Xiaxue's number? Don't worry; I'm not becoming a sasaeng. I need a favour, and she's the only one for the task" I said, putting on my nicest face

"Sure. She usually picks up on the first try. Well, the times I've had to call for practice and sche-" He cut himself off and dropped his relaxed expression. Yunho whispered to himself, "Wasn't suppose to tell you that..."

I assured him, "Don't worry; I suspected you were picked out of the lot for training. My lips are sealed."

He lost his sudden tense attitude and asked, 

"What are you up to this Friday? Want to go dancing?"

"I already have plans to go to the drama festival; sorry" I slid down the wall and sat, "We already dance after school, what's the extra practice for?"

Yunho sat next to me, and stumbled over his words. When I heard them, I definitely felt like the biggest . Second time this evening.

"I-I meant as a, uhm.... a date. If you don't want to, I understand. I just thought Starry Sky was really fun an-"

"I have a boyfriend Yunho"

Official ; third strike.

He whipped around to look me straight on with wide eyes.

"Oh" Yunho stood up and dusted his pants off, "Sorry for not knowing. I thought that... Maybe then we.... Nevermind"

Even though I felt horrible, I knew I had to. I couldn't lead him on knowing I was dating Taecyeon.

"I'll be going ba-"

"Stop making out you two"

I punched Onew in the arm when he burst out of the room randomly with his comments. He just ignored me.

"If you're heading back, tell Gina tomorrow night is clear. She'll know what I mean"

Then Yunho ignore him.

He shook his head, "Bye Cindy. Again, sorry for not knowing you were taken. I'm dumb. Let's just pretend that Starry Sky didn't happen at all..."

Why did I feel like crying? I hadn't done anything wrong; had I? It wasn't like I had been with Yunho and then cheated on him.

All I could pull together was a sad bow before running off. I heard Onew's gasps of surpise over the fact I had a boyfriend as I left.

When I was in the privacy of my own room -not even with there- I called Xiaxue. I was determined to get Khun a date since I seemed to screw up all the ones I had.

Jiyong, now Yunho. Hope the drama festival with Taecyeon wasn't next.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Key's Perspective

I don't know where Onew was, he said he was going to be back to clean up his side of the room. I hated it when he left all hs stuff laying around.

I spoke to soon; he came bursting through the door just as I finished showering. 

"Sorry Key; Yunho and I got side tracked, but it was so worth it. You won't believe it"

I threw my towel on the rack and put on some sweat pants, calling over my shoulder

"I'm prepared for the worst, like Emily is in an arranged marriage with Poison Cheeks"

Even though I dumped her, I wasn't at all over it. I took some thought to resist drifting over to her table with Min and Eli during lunch.

"Pretty close though" Onew popped his head into the bathroom, his voice amplified by the hard walls and floor, "Cindy is dating Jiyong"

I almost dropped my pants as I pulled them up. No way; those two? For real? Jiyong finally stopped treating her badly, and she forgave him?

I laughed, "Liar; Cindy wouldn't put up with him. Plus, I think she is with Taecyeon", as I finished getting dressed

"I thought that too, but then I heard Gina talking about her really liking Jiyong. And just now Yunho said she has a boyfriend, one she got right after Starry Sky. It's totally Jiyong. Those two have had chemistry ever since they first met" Onew lectured, determined to be right

"Explosive chemistry that blows off your limbs and causes blindness" I joked, having heard about their fights from Emily and seen them in person. 

Onew hopped up into his loft bed, "Both of us know damn well that he has feelings for her. It's like an obssession"

"It's not like Cindy would believe him though; my money is on Taecyeon as the boyfriend" I reasoned

"You want to make a bet?" Onew switched off the lights, "We could end this argument"

I pulled my covers around my face, and mumbled into the fabric,

"How? Just run up and ask"

He hissed, "No babo" then put his knowing superior tone back on, Gina texted me, asking if I wanted to go to the drama festival Friday"

"What does that have to do wi-"

"Cindy is going to be there with her boyfriend"

I sighed, "Ok; 50, 000 won. We are not wearing disguises to this, alright?"

My imagination conjured up Onew's face as he smugly replied,

"And this is why we're Heirs Ki Bum. It's a date; for 50, 000 won"

 

*A/N  Yay! School's out! That means fanfic is my life again xD Thank you for all the comments; it really motivates me to write more, and lets me know what you readers want. Keep it up (:  *