Skipper

If Only High School Made Sense

I had no clue what I thought there was in the garden. I had been there twice so I guess I was hoping for the "third times a charm" rule. 

"Jiyong, why are you so hung up on this girl?"'I stomped through the maze, checking for any hints, "Why am I so hung up on this girl?"

For a minimum of ten minutes I traipsed around the maze searching for absolutely nothing. I secretly hoped I'd find something like some confessional letter about how Wen hated Jiyong, but I knew I'd find nothing like that. She loved that guy; along with two others. 

"Stupid plants" I yelled, pushing back an overgrown branch as I exited the maze. 

No secret love letters, no box of keepsakes, nothing to do with Wen at all. The guys sure cleaned this place up after her death. 

That when I almost went into cardiac arrest; someone was in the garden.  

The footsteps came from the other smaller section you first walked through, so this gave me time to hide. I got even more scared when I heard a second set of feet. Safely crushed in between a statue and bush, I waited. The two people began to argue, very loudly. The first person who was absolutely slaughtering the other,

"You are the dumbest person in history, you know that? Of course you don't, because you're that dumb!" the footsteps heavily hit ground with the splash of water, "You definitely aren't getting her back"

"Don't say that Xiaxue. You use to help me fix any fight I couldn't with Wen" 

Jiyong definitely was the dumbest person in history; I'm agreeing indefinitely with Xiaxue. 

"This is different. You treated my sister well so she forgave you, but you've just been abusing Cindy. Treating her like the newest game to play, or TV show to watch, it's horrible" spat Xiaxue, her voice going up by three octaves 

Jiyong sighed, "It started that way, but now... Anyways, what did she say to you? Anything interesting?"

I rolled my eyes. Of course Jiyong had put her up to asking me about himself. I was about to shake my fist, but realized I had no room to. The bush was really prickly, especially on my . The one day I decided to wear a skirt.

Xiaxue laughed mockingly, "Nothing actually"

I imagined Jiyong's weird blinking seizures he went into when hit with a unexpected answer. 

"What does that mean? Like nothing bad?" he slowly questioned

"I meant that I learnt nothing new because her actions towards you said it all. You've hurt her badly, really Jiyong." explained Xiaxue

Daring to get caught, I peered through the dense leaves of the bush. It was beind Xiaxue who was sitting on a bench, so I got a perfect shot of Jiyong. He was wearing that lost puppy look to get sympathy; I hated that. 

"How do I win her over? Taecyeon and her are pretty friendly" huffed Jiyong, sitting beside Xiaxue. I held my breath; if I could see them they probably could see me. Luckily, he didn't though. 

"Im done GD; I have a schedule" a frustrated Xiaxue strutted away back to the door, "When you can even ask the right questions, maybe I'll help you" 

"What does that even mean!" he exclaims, throwing his hands in the air

Jiyong grabbed Xiaxue's forearm, turning her to face him. She shook he head in disappointment as he rattled her back and forth in desperation. All words were lost as Xiaxue slapped Jiyong across the face. 

"Please! What am I even suppose to ask?" he begged, running his red cheek. Their little scuffle had been lost since over the gurgling fountains. I had to move closer. 

Being in a position able to hear them again, I caught the last snippet of their last minute remarks,

"Uhm... How do I beat Taecyeon?" grinned Jiyong, hoping it was the right question. 

"I'm ashamed of you. The reason I compared Cindy to Wen is show you they aren't the same, not at all" coldly said Xiaxue

By now Jiyong and his patience were absolutely shriveling up to pieces, he was hopeless

"H-how do I change" 

Xiaxue stopped with the door half open, 

She smiled, "Good job; you're right. Now go find the answer"

The door clinked shut as she left while Jiyong sat on the edge of the fountain. Even with the sounds of the water I could tell he was crying. 

What was I suppose to think let alone do? Jiyong's face was always covered by a mask whenever we talked, he never took it off. Being my stupid and gullible self, I thought that he would peep out from behind for me. He didn't though, only for Xiaxue apparently. 

Even though I had found a new hiding spot, it still was in a bush. Slowly I lowered myself underneath branches so I could slide out, but I lost my balance and fell down. The large crack of wood caught Jiyong's attention. 

He bolted up from his seat,

"Who's there?"

I was partially tempted to yell back, when I realized how badly I'd be punished for eavesdropping. That conversation was definitely not meant for me.

"Come out now, and I'll go easy" he said defensively 

Of course I wasn't going to though. I took his opportunity to kamikaze roll out and on to the open grass. Luckily I didn't smash my head off of the close by statue of a woman.

Quietly I watched Jiyong as he flapped around the garden, checking behind and under everything. I was slowly crawling towards the back of the maze side, hoping that their was another exit. Luckily there was. I found this escape path just in time too, seeing as Jiyong was migrating towards this half. 

 "Taecyeon" his shoes crushed the fallen leaves, "I know it's you. I can smell your cologne"

Conciously I sniffed my clothing. I smiled like a little girl realizing that it was me actually, Taecyeon had given me a hug today. Call me weird, but a guy's scent was a huge deal for me, and Taecyeon smelt nice.

I mumbled to myself, "Gotta stop being so creepy"

Eventually  I made it to the end of the mysterious stone path without being discovered. It came out right by the boy's wing, so it wasn't that far from my own room. I emerged from behind a random hedge, surising a couple who were face on a bench just infront. 

"M-mianhe. Sorry" I stuttered, feeling sufficiently awkward. Glad the rest of the students still had at least ten minutes of class yet. 

Wait; I had skipped class. Drama class. I'd be getting a lecture from the six tomorrow for sure. Well, maybe only five if Taecyeon defended me a bit, or if I showed of my cat the Chansung. I had adopted a kitten when I arrived in Korea since my parents never let me have one. The school also didn't allow them, so Happy was usually hidden away in my room or roaming in the maze now that I knew it was there. 

I was booking it back to my room, thinking that I could possibly get Happy out for a little extra time. That plan was tossed when Emily was waiting outside my room. What had I done now.

"Can we deep talk..." said Emily, leaning against the door while sitting. 

"Uh, sure" I sat beside her, wondering why she was also out of class, "What's up?"

She sighed, "You know how Key dumped me? Well I heard that the relationship had been a bet, and he had won it, so I was no longer needed"

I wanted to deny it, and say it was impossible, but I couldn't. Our current Prince was a prime example. Even after hearing Key's little rant during the meeting about Wooyoung being competition, I still wasn't sure. 

"Why don't you ask him?" I suggested lamely

"Seriously? Like he'd be honest. I'll just drink some Snapple and get over it" she huffed

I had a killer critical question pop in my mnd, I prepped myself for it, sitting up properly 

"If you still love him, then why should you act as if you don't?

She grinned and laughed, 

"Hypocrite. Tell me that after you ask Jiyong out"

Dammit; she had turned my for once wise words of wisdom against me. I narrowed my eyes to slits, 

"I very much like my current boyfriend Taec"

"I'm sure you do, but Jiyong you like more. Just admit it" she shrugged

"Hate that little brat" I hissed

Students began to deift down the halls so that meant class had finished. I pulled myself off the floor and unlocked my door, 

"I'm going to chill for a while, and could y- No! Wooyoung's coming!" 

He didn't look too happy. From all the way down the hall I could tell he wasn't. I gave Emily a panicked face and asked her for a favour, 

"Tell him -uhm- I had to take Happy to the vet. Ya, that's it. Just lie, this once. Please"

"Sure, I'll get you off the hook" She smirked, pushing me into the room just as Wooyoung made it past a female student. 

Safely in my own home, I pressed my ear against the door. I listened to the ir conversation, 

"Emily, know where Cindy is?" Wooyoung was using his "interogating" voice. Not a good sign. He went on, "She wasn't in drama, and Taec needs to meet with her"

"She took her cat Happy to the vet" Emily casually said. I did a giant thumbs up for myself. 

"When she gets back, could you tell her to come to Taec's room? It's the last on the right, second hall" sighed Wooyoung

I heard the distinctive tapping of Emily's Doc Martens. They made a large cluncking before she replied, 

"Ya, I'll pass it on Puffer Fish"

My laugh almost escaped my clasped hand on my mouth. I didn't think of that nickname, it was all her. Poor Wooyoung, those cheek were a gift and a curse. 

He snapped back a bit, "Hey! They are proportional to my face size! If you want big cheeks, talk about Junho's bubble bu-"

"I like them Wooyoung. I'm just teasing" she laughed

"O-Oh" he paused before continuing, "Thanks. I don't look too baby-ish?"

"Not at all. You're a fine young man" she assured

I could tell he had begun to leave by the sound of his footsteps. They became farther and farther away, but suddenly became closer and stopped

He nervously spoke, "And you can come to Taec's with Cindy"

Emily knocked on my door. I let her in as she pointed down the hall, 

"Did I just get asked out indirectly?"

I shrugged, "Or just to third wheel"

"Well, in that case I'll take Happy with me" she joked, petting him while he rolled around on the floor. 

"You going to talk with Key?" I hesitantly asked, knowing she felt really used. Plus I hadn't exactly helped out much in the girly way, with a sleepover and ice cream. 

"Nope. I'm getting rid of that one forever and kicking down the door too. Not opening it again" she sneered

Clearly she is in her angry stage. I'm sure she'd reach her super rage phase soon enough. I muttered under my breath, 

"I'm sure you'll rebuild it though"

"What?" she stopped ticking Happy's stomach, "Didn't hear you"

I shook my hands, "Nevermind, not important"

Glad that the louds cat purs covered up my comment. 

I laid on my bed wondering why Taec wanted to meet with me. Then I began to think about Jiyong and Sisi's fight. There was a lot I didn't know about him, he wasn't just glitter and dyed hair. 

Some where there was a heart; I was sure of it now. 

Too bad that he had hurt mine too much; a little late GD. Sorry.