Undesireables

If Only High School Made Sense

"Babo, babo...."

"Can't believe she slept for that long..."

"Betting she is the new art department Heir- head..."

Still pretty sleepy from my nap, I didn't really register anything the guys were saying.

"Mianhe, sorry" I mumbled, lazily getting my things and slipping my legs out from under the table.

"Wait; stay" the youngest looking boy waved me back to the table, "You're new here, aren't you?"

I stuck my nose in the air a bit, "Why assume that"

"Because any returning student wouldn't be caught sitting with us; especially someone like you" quietly mused the one sitting beside me in a heavy accent. I was too distracted by his eyebrows to hear the entire thing though.

"What do you mean, someone like me? Like, a foreigner?" I asked, confused at why they would be different than any other student here. 

Another one of the boys shook his head, "No; an Heir. An heir is-"

"The top , the most popular. Don't worry; I have been briefed" I interupted,

Two of the guys began to smirk when I had sworn. I assumed they understood English.

"Hold up" I thought for another second or two, "You're trying to say that you think that I'm an Heir?"

"Well, we saw you in the boys' dormitory with three other Heirs; hyper dancer Onew and fancy artist Jiyong with his best friend Seunghyun" explained one of them. 

"Who are you all then?" I circled my finger around, pointing them out, "I'm Cindy by the way, definitely not an Heir"

"Wooyoung imnida" introduced the boy who had originally called me back. He wasn't an in your face y, but rather a cuteness that made you want to squeeze his chubby cheeks.

On the other hand, there beside him was a guy that was the in your face y. Well, in my opinion. His eyebrows were absolutely perfect, and his eyes were smoldering. I don't know why eyebrows matter so much to me, they just do.

"I'm Nichkhun"

An English speaker; success.

The remaining four were named Junsu, Chansung, Junho and Taecyeon. The last boy Taecyeon stood out the most to me, being the quietest out of them all. His appearance asn't exactly forgettable either; bright orange pants and yellow shirt, basically a human traffic light. They were pretty outgoing and talkative once they all got going, except him

"So why does no one usually sit with you guys?" I asked, wondering what was so wrong with them. They seemed like good guys to me.

 "It's complicated" sighed Junsu

I reassured him, "Well, so am I; shoot"

"There used to be seven of us. Last year our friend had to drop out of the school, and the students blame it on us. Ever since then, we are the undesireable number one" informed Junho, with a nice Harry Potter reference stuck on the end.

Seeing their reactions to the subject, I decided not to press for anymore information. Complicated was the understatement, this was the school to be going to not only in Korea, but Asia, maybe even the world. They seemed sad and uncomfortable when I asked, so I moved the conversation away from it.

"Plus, we aren't exactly very cool either" Junsu pointed to Chansung who was scarfing down a banana, and Nichkhun who was practicing his aegyo by taking selcas on his phone.

I laughed lightly, "Don't worry; I'm not either. I won't be getting social anytime soon to be honest"

"Oh, you'll get socialized all right, a little slice like you" stated Chansung

I just gave them a shrug since I didn't get what they were saying

"You're a regulation hottie" Nichkhun commented

Just as I was holding back my giggles, I heard an familiar voice from across the cafeteria. I rolled my eyes at the brash and over confident tone.

"Of course short-stack would still be with the six"

I whipped my head to the right just in time to catch Onew sniggering and pointing at the table along with Jiyong.

"Hey, leave us alone" defended Wooyoung and Junho, who were the shortest of the bunch

"Not you two, I'm talking about Miss Canada" rudely scoffed Onew. He and Jiyong just grabbed a drink before leaving the area, making no more snarky remarks. 

"They always like that?" I murmered

"To us, yes. They sure seem to like you though, short-stack" answered Junsu, smiling at the little kid nickname.

I rolled my eyes, "Doubt it; you can call me undesireable number one"

"I think you're pretty cool" Taecyeon looked up from his food, finally acknowledging I was even there. "Maybe you'll even be an Heir this year, or take home something at the banquet"

"Banquet?" I coughed on my iced tea

"At the end of the year, there is an Arts Awards, it involved the entire school. Just another popularity contest" explained Wooyoung

Leaning back to seem cool, I accidentally flipped off the bench since there was no back. I rubbed my tail bone as I awkwardly stood up, to which all six chuckling at me. I eventually made it back into the seat

"If that's the case, then count me out"

"We should be going Cindy, classes start tomorrow for us." They all took their trays and bags at Junho's suggestion, "You can join us here for lunch tomorrow if you want,and if Mr. Popular already hasn't asked you"

"I'll be here. Short-stack isn't a term of endearment" I mused

I waved to the six as they left, still wanting to finish up the sketch I had started before my sudden nap. My mind began to jump around, thinking about my first day at the academy. I don't know what I was more worried about; the classes, Heirs, or the fact I hadn't seen bacon in any dish offered.

"Hi, uhm, Cindy?" Taecyeon stood beside the table, "I left my glasses, could you pass them to me?"

A pair or circular lenses sat on top of the table on the far side. I reached over and handed them to Taecyeon, who put them on after checking to see if any other tormenters were lurking.

"Those are nice frames" I complimented, hoping he would stick around so I wasn't as loner like

He grinned, flashing a full set of teeth.

"Thanks. Bye"

Or that's cool too. Just when I had the guts to initiate a conversation.

Maybe when I get back to the room, Gina can tell me a little something about shy guy Taecyeon.