Locket

If Only High School Made Sense

I woke up in the morning to gladly find Onew out of my room. I don't even want to imagine why he was there in the first place, Gina wasn't that type of girl. 

"I see the Heir went home" Gina rolled off her bed and on to the floor, "I gave up with him and just went to bed"

I yawned, "Why was he here anyways? I came home to him asleep on the floor"

"He barged in when I was studying, asking all types of weird questions about you. Like he asked constantly whether you liked Jiyong. I said yes since we are going for the whole revenge thing" she answered, 

For the morning, it took me a little while to register what she'd said, 

"Gina, Onew doesn't know you're in on it! Now he'll think I actually like Jiyong" I whined, wrapping my blanket around me like a cape. I really was a seven year old. 

"Sorry Cindy, I didn't think about that. Plus, as if he'll take me seriously" muttered Gina

"It's ok, worse could happen" I sighed, knowing that I shouldn't be hard on her for the mistake. I knew she had a little crush on Onew anyways, it was obvious. 

She wiggled around off the ground and back on to her bed, sitting against the wall

"So; how'd your little date with the boyfriend go? Did he humiliate you? Maybe trip you on some stairs?"

I completely ignored the questions,

"Do you know anything about a girl named Wen?" I asked, still confused about most of the story

Her eyes bulged and her body tensed, "Wendy? Infamous girl of Jiyong's?"

I nodded my head, definitely that one. He was right about people thinking her name was Wendy. 

Gina gulped loudly, "Too bad she isn't around anymore, everyone loved her. I guess too many people loved her if you get what I'm saying"

"No, I don't" I admitted, not seeing the big picture at all 

Quickly she readjusted herself, scooting to the edge. This sure seemed like a good story. The elusive G-Dragon would finally be revealed some more along with his counterparts. 

"Remember how I said there hadn't been a Royal in a while, well, Wen was about to become one. She had been dating Taecyeon for a long time, so breaking up with him for Jiyong really threw people. She's honestly the female version of him, except she was genuinely liked by most, kind of like Jaebeom"

"Who's Jaebeom?" I asked

She shook her hands and head,

"Forget I mentioned him; it will just confuse you. Another time I'll explain. Anyways, you obviously were let in on what happened, so I'll skip to the after math. Jiyong became severely depressed, Taecyeon left his position as an Heir an-"

"What!" I nearly knocked over my bedside light, "Taecyeon, as in green cat guy Taecyeon, was an Heir?"

"Of course; let me finish!" Gina scolded. I shut up right away. 

She finished her thought,

"...And the students never let them forget about it. That's why Jiyong is the way he is, and same goes for Taec"

"You mean that's why Jiyong is so over the top and Taec is the opposite?"

With some homework already in her lap, she supported my conclusion with a chiming voice,

"Precisely"

I had somehow managed to actually finish all my work yesterday before the impromptu date, so Sunday was hang out with Emily day. I got dressed and was out the door before noon. I really should expand my fashion sense to something other than cardigans. Almost with the door closed on a concentrated Gina, I said bye

"Later Gina. Maybe next time you can be on a real date with Onew"

"O-Onew? That dancer? I-I would never...." she blushed, not even trying to deny it.

I laughed lightly, "Whatever you say. Just be careful around that play boy."

The hallways were pretty vacant even though it was late morning. Gladly, I didn't run into any Heir's going through the boys' dorms. I was too busy thinking about Taecyeon anyways, the ex-Heir. This school sure was messed up.

Emily's room could be spotted a mile away because she had covered it in posters; the Beatles, various YouTubers, and lots of video games.

I knocked loudly, a rustling came from the other side.

"Morning starshine, the world says hello" grumbled Emily sarcastically, still in her pajamas

"See you slept well" I remarked, covering up my laugh at her expression

"What do you want" Emily leaned on the doorframe for support, her legs floppy, "I'm tired"

"I'm not up to anything so I thought we could hang out today" I said

She rubbed her eyes, "Today; sure. Morning; no. I'd say try again later, but I have plans already. Sorry"

Slightly disappointed that Emily was busy, I changed the topic

"Ok. So; met any new people then?"

"A couple. Two guys, Hongki and Joon, and one girl named Victoria. I think she's one of those Heirs, but she actually was really cool. Yesterday we hung out and met up with Key" she informed, her head finally up versus dangling down.

I scoffed,

"Key; that bugger"

"He's not that bad Cindy. He's actually really friendly and fun once you get past the ego and hair" she defended 

"Well I haven't experienced that alternate personality" I backed out into the hallway right against the adjacent wall, "I'll let you sleep kid, you look like the walking dead" 

"Thanks" Emily growled back before retreating back into hibernation.

I didn't hold back my chuckles when her pants got stuck in the door and she fell into the room. What would I do without that girl. 

Now that my day was free again, I had to get creative. The six were at a film festival all day, Gina was studying, and I didn't even consider Jiyong. As if some invisible miracle worker heard my plea, Eli came walking down the hall towards me. 

"Hey Cindy" Eli stopped along with his friend, "What are you doing up so early?"

I shrugged, kind of embarassed, "Just saw Emily, but she went back to bed" 

"Didn't think she would be a morning person anyways" he laughed. Eli then introduced his friend, who was bystanding while we chit chatted, 

"Lee Hongki" he shook my hand and bowed slighty. He chuckled while grinning, "Or the Hunky One"

Eli pushed him into the wall, "No one calls you that!"

Hongki still was laughing, "A guy can try"

"You know Emily, right?" I asked

He nodded to both Eli and I, "Yea why?"

"Oh, she just mentioned meeting a Hongki, so I thought I'd ask" I added, feeling creepy 

"She's a cool girl. I was with my other friend Joon when we met" explained Hongki

Eli coughed, probably trying to turn the conversation into something more friendly for all three of us

"We were about to go for some lunch; want to join?" 

I couldn't hide my excitement, yipping "Definitely, I'd love to"

The three of us walked off to a small restaurant on campus I'd never been to. Hongki had though, casually telling the waiter for the 'usual'. I've always thought that was pretty cool.

I got the easiest thing to eat -a sandwich- because I knew anything else would end up down my shirt. Luckily, only a chunk of bread tumbled down on to the floor with a crumbly trail. As I ate oh so carefully, I got to know more about Hongki. He reminded me a lot of Jiyong in the way he handled himself confidently, but it wasn't overpowering. On the contrary he had no problem poking fun at himself and acting ridiculous, unlike my fake boyfriend.

"Victoria must be close by..." snickered Hongki, nudging his head in the direction of the door

Eli smiled sideways, "Of course, where there's Key there has to be his locket"

I was about to contribute my two cents about Key's obnoxious self centered personality when I spotted who he was with. I almost spat out the piece of lettuce I was chewing on.

"I lied; definitely not Victoria" Hongki corrected, spotting Key's guest, "Never thought Emily would be out with him"

 Shrinking into the chair, I coughed out

"Don't worry, neither did I"

"Damn; Emily could do so much better than Key. She's so nice and real, and he so...so... Well, not" whispered Eli

"Agreed. We need to get it together if we want a girl to like us..." pouted Hongki, watching Key pull out Emily's seat and order for her.

They both sighed loudly in their weird fanboy state.

I on the other hand I kept thinking about how I didn't know about this. She didn't tell me, that's for sure. In my mind, I began convincing myself I was jumping to conclusions

"Key and her are just friends. The guys mentioned him being with Vic-"

Key began holding Emily's hand under the table. Now that's some skinship alright.

"Is Key with Victoria?" I gasped, distracted and  surprised by Key's straight forward move.

"What? Oh, Sorry"   Eli stopped staring with his laser eyes of jealously at the couple and then pointed towards them, "Everyone suspected it, but apparently they aren't"

Eventually we finished out lunch, but I knew the guys kept stealing glances at Emily and Key. When we got up to leace, it was raining outside.

"Ready to run for it?" Hongki said, tying the scarf he has been wearing around his head like an ajhumma, "Cindy? Hello?"

Of course, at the same moment the couple got up to leave also. It would be awkward if Emily saw me after the morning wake up, so I dove behind Eli. His sweater was still on the chair so I wrapped it around my face. Boy was I subtle.

"Eli" Key droned, obviously feeling superior to him

"Hi Hongki, Eli" Emily sang, waving with her free hand that wasn't joined with Key's

Key was glowing with smugness, pulling Emily closer 

"Well, see you around"

Guess he was playing nice since he noticed Emily was friends with them. His last few rude comments were tied back as he began to walk out the door. I thought I had passed as the mysterious no name student, but Key had to be himself and have the last word. Emily unlinked herself from him to put on her jacket and open the umbrella, so he had the opportunity to spit his comment at Eli,

"Cute girlfriend you got Eli, how much did you pay her?"

Eli was speechless, Hongki and I were intimidated as hell, and Emily didn't hear it at all. With that said, Key and his smirk left for the rainy sidewalk sharing an umbrella with Emily.

Shocked and awkward, slowly we migrated back to the school through the rain. 

I was hoping that this was Key's sick revenge on Emily like Jiyong and I. I was very familiar with the tactics -over cute voice, holding hands at every moment, really cliche lame lines- but something told me this was for real. 

Could everyone get in a real relationship but me?