I'm Your Heart Heart Heart Heart Heartbreaker

If Only High School Made Sense

Even though the dance closed off the school year, there still were a few more days of torture. I don't get it; it's not like the students actually are doing quality exam prep during the classes. May as well let us be in our dorms in the comfort of blankets and food.

Luckily, both my exams were today; math and history. The other two courses were just final culminating projects. 

"Cindy, you're wearing sweatpants. It's Monday" CL fluffed up her desginer off the rack dress, "So that's against the rules, and you can't sit wirh us"

They were assigned seats by the teacher... Idiot. 

"Whatever. Those rules aren't real" I scoffed, kicking up my whale slippers on the desk

"They were real the day I wore the vest!" argued CL, sulking further 

On cue, Victoria strutted in to hear her comment. She sniggered, 

"Because that vest was disgusting"

I do remember that vest. It was entirely made out of fox fur, and had pom-poms around the neck and drawstrings. That was the definition of ratchet.

Contently I smiled to myself, finding it lovely that the two female Heirs took care of themselves while I stayed out of their drama. Without their Queen Bee Suzy around, they were so lost. I didn't exactly offer to take them under my wing, so they just fell out of the nest and crashed. I had no problem with that though; less drama for me. They did try and annoy the living hell our of me though. 

Somehow I managed to stumble through the booklets with out completely burning out. Four hours of writing and colouring in bubbles and I was finished. I was free! Free to do what, I'm not sure. 

I strutted around campus, laughing at all the people cramming last minute while I had already finished. The burden was off my shoulders and now I could relax, take a nap and snack. 

"Cindy! Hello!"

Yunho came running down from administration, knocking me on to the grass with a hug. Really; he was right on top of me and I couldn't move. 

"Hi- Yun-Ho" I gasped, trying to make my lungs expand to speak while my ribs crushed them. 

He noticed my discomfort and apologized, helping me stand back up. I shook off the blanket I had been lugging and wrapped it around myself. 

"What are you doing here you popstar" I asked, noticing his major change of appearance. 

"Coming to see you and my other friends of course, before the year is done" he replied, beginning to walk down the main drag. 

I led us over to a more secluded spot on a bench on a small walkway. I curled up my knees to rest my face on as we talked, 

"Aren't you really busy with training? Whenever I texted or called, you had schedule" I said

He coughed, "I have to admit something to you..." while shifting his weight back and forth

Patiently I waited for him to gather the nerve to tell me. By the way he was coughing to cover up his anxiety, it must be a something of interest. Yunho finally directly faced me though,  

"When I didn't reply to you, it wasn't because I was too busy, but because I knew you really liked Jiyong. I was jealous, and still am honestly. Sorry" 

Without hesitation I punched him in the arm hard. He didn't see that one coming. 

"Yah! Why are you hitting me...: he yelped, rubbing where my knuckles had really dug in

"Because you had me all worried that you were going to debut and I hadn't even said goodbye! You could've just told me you were too out of my league" I half heartedly laughed, going back for a second hit but just ruffling his dyed mop of hair. 

In return he stuck both his hands into my gross ponytail, messing it up so much the elastic was barely around anything. Childishly I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed, 

"Just because you're going to be famous doesn't mean I won't try and embarass you every waking moment"

"Will you still want to hang out with me?" he asked hopefully, stealing my blanket which had been dropped in the commotion

I shrugged, 

"Depends. Does the company let you have unlimited food or something along those lines?"

We had a good chuckle about his intensive trainee lifestye, and the fact he was meant to be the leader of this new so called super group. I about how he would have to fend off even more fangirls, but I'd take them out for him. Apparently he really took a liking to his other fellow trainess and future members, Yoochun, Xiah, Jaejoong, and Max. I knew two of them, and was sure he was going to have a good support system when he permanently left this mundane student life. 

"Well I should get going, but I did come here for a reason" Yunho opened the familiar bag he used to take to dance class, "One second"

If I was a little more alert I would have clued in instantly to what was happening. Of course, exam day I may as well have a blindfold and earplugs with how well my senses were working. 

Repeatedly I said the message in my head as I accepted the final piece of the wild goose chase. It was secured elegantly to the fan brush with blue ribbon, 

You are the one who I want to hold close and never let go

For some weird reason -probably became I was PMSing- I began to get emtional, blinking back the tears that lingered in my eyes. I was speechless, and didn't know how to feel. I really did like Yunho, and thought he'd make a great boyfriend, but this was possibly the worst timing possible. Slowly I began to drop the bomb on him, 

"Yunho... We can't. You're a trainee, I'm really lame and not a trainee... It's not that I don't li-"

"This isn't from me. You'll understand" he interrupted, pushing the brush back into my hand

"You sure? But..." I muttered, searching his face for something that would tell me otherwise

He laughed softly, 

"If I was going to ask you out, I wouldn't do it like this. Or at all, considering it scares the hell out of me" 

I sighed, 

"And this made sense for a solid five seconds. Then you ruined it"

"If only high school made sense. Then you ruined" he teased

"Hey! What's that suppose to mean" I retorted back, giving him a threatening crack of the neck

Defensively he raised his arms while laughing again,

"I meant it in the most flattering way possible"

Shyly I gave him a hug. Luckily, he returned it. I smiled into his shoulder, thinking of the memories we had together. 

"I'm going to miss you when you debut kid" I said, patting his back still in the hug

"Don't worry; you can come see me at fan meets" he joked

I pulled away from him and let my lips curve naturally on my face, 

"As long as I can be first in line"

Suddenly he lurched forward, grabbing my face and kissing me hard. After the quick contact he couldn't contain his wide grin, barely being able to form words 

"You'll always be first Cindy"

Why couldn't that paintbrush be from Yunho? Why did he have to leave to become a Korean popstar? I felt so comfortable with him, like when you get to sleep in your own bed after a trip away. I hate being so cliche, but maybe it was fate. Maybe I was being saved by some greater force for someone special. Yunho was someone special to me though. 

"You better answer my calls now" I razzed

Slowly Yunho walked away from me after some bribery for answers. His last words resonated in my head and I frantically waved to him,

"To truly love someone you have to care of them, I can't do that now but I know he can"

I slumped back to my dorm -which wasn't very dorm like since most of my crap was packed- and freshened up. Today was the last day of my double life as an Heir this year, just this final meeting and the leesh would be taken off. With high waisted black and white printed shorts and loose blue blouse, I was off. 

Now in the last hallway before the stairs, I was reaching for the door when I heard my name being called. I turned around to see none other than the six. Well, it was actually five at this moment. I began to panic on the inside, unsure why they had tracked me down. I hadn't been in contact with them for months other then the odd run in at a local ramen shop I'd gotten a job at. Nichkhun was leading the pack today with Chansung being last in the call line. 

They marched straight up to me before engaging in some serious staring. What the hell was I suppose to do? I had no idea what they wanted. As far as I was concerned, I stayed away from them not only because of Taecyeon but so they weren't bullied anymore. 

"Uhm... Hi" I awkwardly greeted, doing a weird body roll as a bow

Nichkhun was the first to do something, grabbing me for a bone crushing hug

"We miss you so much! Why didn't you come to our movie or video game nights! We would've kicked out Taec if we knew you would come then"

"Thanks guys, but I had a lot of stuff to take care of. Sorry" I gasped in between Khun's weird cries that sounded like a dolphin's.

Soon the other four were on me, not allowing me to move let alone breath in this group hug. I admit, it was hard not having them around, but both of us survived. Sometihng that surprised me was how forward they were towards since I had been ignoring. It was nice to see they still liked me though. 

"We wanted to say goodbye before you left" said Wooyoung, coming at me again for another hug.

I laughed,

"I'm not going too far. I'm staying in Korea and working since I can't afford to fly home for the summer"

"You can live with my family if you need a place! Nichan just moved out, so there's a free room" suggested Khun bobbing his head excitedly

"Thanks, but I should earn myself a home" I said

Junsu took out his wallet, and waved it infront of everyone,

"We should go out, to eat some ra-"

"Cindy! Get your down her-"

All of us froze as Victoria did also, her perfectly filed nails mid point at me. Khun was still by my side with his arm around my shoulder. Victoria saw this and began to lose her brain, forcefully taking my arm and hauling me down the stairs

"Yah! You can't take Cindy!" Khun's voice echoed as he ran down the stairs after us, "We were going to go eat!"

"I'll text you after Wink Machine" I called, trying to get her strong hold to let go

"Suzy was right about you. You are a man stealing brat" she hissed, continuing to drag me

I stumbled down two steps, almost face planting into the railing, 

"You make it sound like you can own people, like the latest phone or computer"

She scoffed, "He is mine. Just remember that", as she threw open the door with a defeaning crash. 

"I've got her. Finally" Victoria announced, showing me off like the kill of the day

Immediately Jiyong came to my rescue, pushing off Victoria and leading me over to my seat. Bless that boy. 

"Thank you" Jiyong sat back down and smirked at her while using a harsh tone, " You need to control your temper though, I heard you from down here.  You were Khuntoria for only a year. Get over it"

The look on her face; it was beautiful. It was beautiful because wasn't moving. 

"Anyways; lets start the final meeting. This means that we debrief on any ideas for next year which includes recruits. Onew and Gina, stop making kissy face at each other and start us off" ordered Jiyong

Gina detached her hands form Onews clearly flustered, giggling and smoothing down her already neat skirt, 

"Well as the newest member I can't say anything about first semester. The second though went very well. I've heard some buzz from the students about how glad they are about a new courtyard in the new year. As for recruits, maybe the rookie dancer Jenny Kim. She seems to have potential"

As the same question was answered by each member, I had to notice how each was so strategic and business like. Nothing was said about how we should better the school like getting new instruments for the music department, or refinishing the studio floors. I'm pretty sure CL's left shoe could pay for both of them right now. It was so... so... ignorant? Everything said was about themselves, and how to make the students follow them further in this dictatorship. I ddn't belong here. I didn't think like that at all, that's why I was cleaning out the maze. 

"I like the six. Most of them double in drama also and music, not to mention they aren't badat dancing. If we have them join us before they leave, we could make even more ground."

"Huh what?" I droned, shooting lasers from my eyes at Victoria

I could see it in her body language, the way she kept rubbing her fingers together and twirling her wrist. She just wanted this to get back with/at Khun by making him into something he's not. That kniving and manipulative machine. 

They had done that to me successfully. I'm sure it could happen to them also if she got her way. 

"Now that you mention it; they are very talented. Unpopular, but talented. It's a challenge but I think it's worth it" agreed Key who was their main tormentor

"You mean all six? All?" I asked

Victoria smirked and nodded,

"Of course. Especially since they speak Thai, English, and Korean fluently they'll draw the international students"

Ok; definitely was a direct hit for Khun. The rest of the members couldn't speak Thai to save their lives. The difference with Victoria is that she was cunning and clever, unlike crazy Suzy. She knows all the loop holes to get her way. 

"Well we'll see next year what new students come. But Taecyeon, he's apart of that group. I'm against it. No way. Maybe one or two, but not all" rebuttled Onew

They all continued to banter about whether or not they should recruit some of them. Of course Victoria argued her hardest for Nichkhun to be an Heir. I still don't understand their relationship or lack of one. It makes no sense why she's so hung up on him. Mindlessly I listened to them, since my opinion on the situation was already clear.

"Then how about this. We recruit Wooyoung and his girlfriend Emily. He's  drama, dance, and vocal while she is art and animati-"

Key and I shouted at the same time, 

"No!"

CL had me paying attention now. That combination was a double hit to my increasingly small circle of friends. 

"Something wrong Cndy?" cooed Victoira mockingly 

"Yes. The six. I can't have them be Heirs, not one of them" I replied strongly 

"Why not? They'd be perfect" shrugged Seunghyun, clearly out of the loop on how girl on girl fighting works

Jiyong knew how uncomfortable this made me, adding in his superior Prince opinion,

"I can see where Cindy is coming from. It is a big risk"

Taemin laughed,

"Feeling a little threatened by them being around your girlfriend is more like it" 

"Hey; Dorito Boy" Jiyong's sarcastic light laugh turned into a bark, "Shut up or get out" 

He chose to be quiet of course. 

"I still think they should join" said Victoria, texting away on her phone

I shook my head, 

"Nope. Not happening" 

"Why? Everyone else agrees" she snarled, aggresively punching in the letters on the touchscreen

"Well I don't" I retorted, swinging my legs over the chair's side for effect

She smiled, singing in a mocking tone

"That's because you don't belong here. Just leave if you have so big a problem with it"

It wasn't surprisingly easy to say these next words. To be honest, I'd been waiting to say them for months. 

"Fine; I'll step down as an Heir"

CL's thickly lined eyes shot open at the notion and so did Key's. Non-chalantly I took of the leather string around my neck and flung it at Victoria, 

"A dream come true for all of you. I'm sure" 

Even though I had hid it successfully from the Heirs how deeply the six being Heirs got to me I couldn't deny it from myself. I didn't want them to be ruined. I loved them just they way they are. Especially Taecyeon. 

We weren't together but I still didn't want to see something happen to him. 

Call me a coward for running away from the problem. It was ironic; I had joined the Heirs to protect them but now I was leaving to do it all over again next year. If I could just convince theboys not the join, make sure they didn't change if they had to, anything to save them even it meant losing for me. 

"Do you want to rethink that" sniggered CL, as if I'd just mistakenly said those words

I pretended to be in deep though, as if it actually was a difficult decision. 

"No. I'm sure"

"Uh... You're fine with being a Cater? A social outcast? Friendless?" gasped Minho 

"It's not any different than what I am now being in this higherarchy anways" I sneered, beginning to stand up

Suddenly Jiyong jerked my arm as I began walking, halting me infront of himself, 

"This is a mistake. You can't leave" he said through clench teeth

To everyone else in this room, they'd see Jiyong just wanting to control his Heirs. I saw how he really felt though, that he was trying to make me stay as his friend. That he wanted me to stick around so we could depend on each other. So we could be together in this hell hole. 

I bit my lip, mouthing to him

"Sorry. I can't"

He easily read in my hurt expression how done with this I truly was. After releasing and regrabbing sevral times he let my arm go. I could see how upset he was beoming, the shiftiness and uncertainty in his eyes. That was all because of me. 

I had tried my hardest to stick aroudn for him, but I needed to take care of myself now. I needed to feel normal, feel human for once. He would be ok, I had faith we had learned enough from each other that he'd carry on fine. 

"Well. Bye then" I said, giving them all a salute then flashing Victoria the middle finger. 

"You're crazy Cindy" Onew stopped me, physically blocking the exit, "To just throwaway your status, for what, just so you don't have to deal with the girls?"

"No. For peope I really care about. None of you except Jiyong have shown me a speck of respect or kindness. I don't know how I thought my sanity was worth any of this" I spat, pushing right past him

"So your low life friends are more important than status, being the person that everyone wants to be?" rhetorically asked CL

With a firm hand on the door I pushed it open. I glanced over at Jiyong as I answered, 

"Definitely. They always will be too" 

I'm so sorry Jiyong. I've failed you. I've left you. I know you have reason to not forgive me, so that's why I'll leave you alone now. My promise is now to stay out of your life. 

Is it crazy how I wished that you truly loved me like you once pretended to?