Royal Meal and Meeting

If Only High School Made Sense

It was assuring when I shivered at the thought of going out with Jiyong. It was worrying that I was getting nervous over what to wear though. Apparently, I actually cared what I looked like for him. I sat casually at my desk, enjoying the newest episode of Fairytail, waiting for 6 pm.

*dok dok dok*

Two caught up in a Natsu and Lucy moment, I called across the room

"It's open!"

"Ready to have your mind blown?" Jiyong gave me a grin, waving a set of shining keys "I'm driving"

I rolled me eyes at his vibrato, "Yours will probably explode by the end of the night, Heir-head"

"Dont call me that" he spat harshly. His eyes had a certain shine to them, it said he genuinely hated being called that.

We didn't speak all the way to the car. The only reason a conversation started was because of his fancy ride,

"Nice, isn't it?" he said proudly, seeing my shock

"Attractive, talented, and rich. I think there should be a rule you can only be one" I remarked, envious of those types of people. 

"So you think I'm all of those things?" said Jiyong starting the car up with a quiet hum

I grudgingly admitted, "You kind of were just born with it.... So ya...."

"You aren't so bad yourself Cindy, you're pretty" he smiled. Yup; that definitely was a smile, not a smirk or evil grin at all.

Why was he putting on this lovey-dovey-we-get-along act now? No one was around to see his peformance, and he never would date someone like me in real life anyways. The popular guy falls for one of the ordinary girls and they live happily ever after; that only happens in Bokura ga Ita.

Surprised by his sudden decision to actually be a decent date, I didn't know how to respond

"Thank you?" I replied, the pitch going up at the end like a question.

As if the wait staff attended the academy, they saw Jiyong and parted for him to walk through. His status definitely worked here too. The female employees gave me nervous smiles, as if I controlled their jobs. I noticed the name of the restaurant and realized that actually Jiyong did.

"G-Dragon" I slid into a side booth across from Jiyong, "Is this what I think?"

He waved off the waiter after saying we'd have the usual, "If you're thinking that I'm just so handsome they named it after me, you're right. I own this place, I got it for my last birthday"

I think my past birthday present was having a sleepover with Emily.

The server came back, and set up for the meal. It only took two seconds for me to realize what we were having; hot pot. This meal was going to get messy. All the more to embarass Jiyong, seeing as more people were coming since we had arrived.

"Found any men to chase yet?" Jiyong took out a fishball form the boiling broth, "Other than of course me, your beloved boyfriend"

I stuck out my tongue while bending my head down to wipe my face. He had made sure to say the last bit louder so it was quite audible, hate that guy.

"I don't run after guys, I'm too slow. No one seems to want to chase me either" I replied trying not to spit out the noodles which I hadn't let cool down,

He twirled the straw in his designer water, "You're pretty dumb Cindy, no offense"

I can admit I have my moments of complete stupidity -turning off the oven while cookies are baking in it- but I wasn't like that all around. I had done nothing to provoke him to call me dumb. Sorry if I'm not as popular with the opposite , unlike you Mr. Charismatic. The 'no offense' added the ectra amount of offense to be honest.

I hissed, "You're a horrible boyfriend, all offense" while stabbing at a piece of lettuce floating at the top of the broth

For the rest of the 'date' we bantered back and forth like an old married couple. The only exceptions were when students from the academy, or really anyone who recognized Jiyong, would approach us and he'd put on his firey flames of love personality. They squealed, excited for him but disappointed he was now taken. I over heard one of the girls as they left,

"So happy he's found someone after the accident"

I shot a questioning look to Jiyong, wondering what the accident was. He wasn't paying attention though. Probably didn't want to answer anyways, so it was best I didn't ask.

By the time Jiyong drove us back, I understood how ingenius his scheme was. Being girlfriend to him was not a picnic, not at all. I would have bolted and hid in the bathroom if it wasn't for the food (the hot pot was delicious).

"Hope you enjoyed our date Canada" said Jiyong, walking me down the hall. Most students were already in bed.

"Thanks for feeding me" I replied, partially nervous.

Maybe it was because I thought we'd be caught. Caught doing what, I'm not sure, but being out at night automatically made me feel like I was breaking rules. Maybe though it was because I actually believed this was a date. Just kidding; Jiyong doesn't have an ounce of compassion at all. I've been at the school for only a short while, and it's clear this is who he is.

"Want to see each other next week?" Jiyong's weird genuine sweetness wore off, "I mean. uhm... I'm getting you next week for more revenge. No questions"

For the very first time I witnessed a nervous unconfident Kwon Jiyong. I watched his eyes dart around, his hands clench, and a small bead of sweat form on his right temple.

"Uhm... Ok?" I said, confused by his sudden moodswing to a personality I could stand.

"Bye girlfriend. Yup, you're my girlfriend" called Jiyong as some girls walked past with a late night snack. They laughed; of course.

I punched him playfully in the chest, sarcastically remarking, "I have super high standards with all my dating experience. Better treat me well"

Unexpectedly, Jiyong dropped his head down and looked me straight in the eyes. His expression wasn't mocking me at all, but rather soft and caring. What happened to his dothraki man warrior persona?

"I will Cindy. Promise"

Thrown off by this, I just shook my head agreeing. He gave a final head nod before slumping away with his hands in his pockets. His read blazer really did look nice on him, and so did his hair in the moon light that came from the windows. I couldn't wait for next week already.

Freeze; did I just feel an emotion for Jiyong that wasn't disgust, or anger? Whatever the feeling, it definitely made my mind go fuzzy and my heart whirl around. I returned from la-la land, falling into reality. I'm dorky, rude, noisy, foreigner Cindy and he's suave, classy, attractive Jiyong.

In no world could he be an actual human being with emotion, just like how I never could love him.

Well, maybe in Edolas, but thats only in the Fairytail.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Jiyong's Perspective

I hated losing, and having Cindy not be attracted to me counted. I could make women fall for me in a matter of minutes, but she wouldn't budge. So many girls would kill to be in her position as my girlfriend. I guess it will be ten times more rewarding when she does fall for me.

The annual meeting of Heirs took place within the first week of school. We have to decide on who will be joining this year, if anyone at all. Also we have to consider if anyone should be kicked out. I marched to the common area of where Onew and Key lived, ready to make some decisions. The date with Cindy luckily didn't run over time, so I was punctual. I still got looks from Chaeri and Victoria though.

"Look who showed up finally" Suzy flitted over to the seat between Seunghyun and Onew, "Maybe you should be the first to go"

We never got along and probably never will, so I felt no remorse when I gave her the middle finger. Suzy undoubtedly was the drama Heir, that diva.

"Jiyong, how's the new girlfriend?" asked Key

I shrugged, "Thoroughly embarassed her tonight. I'm sure by the end of this semester -no month- she'll be out of my hair for good"

"Wait; what? So you two aren't eternally love and stuff?" Taemin and Jonghyun gasped. These dance Heirs are not with it at all. Well, maybe Key.

"No. She will be the ultimate prize when I win her over though, proving how I really do deserve to be a Royal" I sighed, imagining how awesome it would be.

"Cindy isn't coming to the meeting to be an Heir officially?" Minho threw his hands in the air in frustration, "Wasn't that the point of the date? What the hell man, if you're not going to actually fool around with her at least let Onew or Taecyeo-"


I nearly punched him for mentioning that back stabbing cheating Cater,

"Shut up"

He did just that, thank god.

"Really Jiyong, you aren't over that yet? You two were best friends" Victoria kicked off her tall high heels, "If he wants Cindy, so what. She's not even that pretty"

I growled back, "Don't say that about her"

Everyone fell silent over my reaction, including myself. My defensiveness came out of nowhere. It's not like I really cared about Cindy, she was just a toy in my game with the Heirs.

"Ok there, whatever man. She is probably going to become an Heir whether you like it or not. It's only been a week, and the buzz is huge about her" stated Key

Suzy scoffed loudly, clearly feeling some competition for the spot in the film making department. She got up, and strutted around a bit

"Well I don't care. Taecyeon and I broke up long ago, so she can have that idiot"

Taecyeon had been the Heir of the drama department, a Royal actually, doubling in music along side me. Last year for some insane reason he dropped his high status. It's better to be an Heir and hating life, than not being one at all. It not having my bestfriend, but I got over it. Suzy clearly hadn't though. Abdicating his position, the first in history at the academy.

Suzy continued on to go on one of her infamous rants. Women; can't live with them, can't live without them. 

"Let's be serious, like my Taec would go for that low life. She's being used by Jiyong, so it's not as if she actually stands a chance, right guys?"

She looked to everyone for some support, but we didn't say anything at the constant mentions of Taecyeon. I more so did it because of her talking about Cindy, she didn't even know her. Cindy was funny, goofy, smart, genuine... Come to think of it, I didn't even know her well. She hated me.

Suzy plopped down on the arm of a couch, huffing impatiently since no one was really listening

"She won't be an Heir, and that's final"

Chaeri -or CL- jumped in, shutting up her rival

"Jiyong will deal with her, since he'll be the new Prince"

Pressing pause; did she just call me Prince? And did the others nod, agreeing? Daebak. The best of the best, the royal among royals, the Prince of the Heirs.

"What happened to Onew? He's closer to being a Royal" pointed out Taemin, defending his departments status.

"Jiyong has been an Heir longer though, and is more popular honestly" Victoria uncrossed her legs, having a natural calming effect on Suzy who was still fuming and Onew who was beginning to. "We need to crown someone already, so why not. Plus, he is stringing along the new girl Cindy. Now that's a prize worth winning"

The members of our little commitee argued non-stop for easily half and hour. I sat there, knowing anything I said wouldn't help. Eventually Seunghyun stepped in,

"Let's just cut to it and vote. I think Jiyong should be Prince, no one else seems to be better qualified"

"But I'm Princess" Suzy flipped her hair, and crossed her arms. She leaned on to Onew, hoping to sway him with flirting. She continued to whine but no one cared, especially me. Chaeri was laughing at her and the pitiful attempts at seductive persuading

"That's why you should step down you Prick-ess. Look what happened when you were in lead last year" CL spat back, motioning to the empty seat where Taecyeon used to sit. No one to this day dared to sit there during a meeting.

A cat fight sprung up between Chaeri and Suzy over the position of Princess. I had to agree, Suzy drove our group into the ground. Youngbae and Dara left last year probably not because they were graduating, but because they couldn't stand her. Along with Taecyeon voluntarily leaving, she drove out Jaebeom, the most well liked guy. Not because he was an Heir, but because he was actually a good guy. She was threatened and power hungry, so she ruined his life.

"Go away Suzy. Just go sulk in a corner all lonely, see if I care" Chaeri slid into her seat, watching Suzy storm out swearing loudly. "Well, it's obvious what her vote is. I'm for Jiyong though"

I sighed, one vote. In order for me to be the leader, I'd have to get the majority. The room hummed with voices, Heirs debating quietly. Soon, most had been said.

It came down to one person; Key. He held the final vote, either making me Prince or reducing me to a reject.

"Well, I'd easily say yes but you kind of stole my thunder by taking Cindy. Onew and I wanted to play around a bit, but we can't now" He got a nod of agreement from Onew before continuing, "You're better than Suzy though, so you have my vote"

Just like that I became the Prince, the leader of the Heirs. All it took was the support of at least five others, easy enough. That's when I  remembered something else, the reason why Suzy had become Princess last year. Dara had been elected, but had failed the final challenge. She had to demonstrate her power by showing a student social death. She refused, thinking it was too cruel and uncalled for. Suzy didn't think so though, completeing it instead, hence why Jaebeom was kicked out.

Victoria spoke, "So, Jiyong. Your assigment, the final thing between you and the official title", gathering the others briefly before reaching a concensus

I was getting nervous, thinking of all my weaknessess they could use to their advantage to make me fail like they had to Dara. Once I thought about it, we shared the same weakness; we weren't heartless monsters. We both had a warm heart that had been turned cold by popularity. They cracked hers, they weren't getting mine this year though. This time Minho stepped out to speak,

"To be honest, we all were already thinking the same thing..."

"Like what? Tame a beast and runaway with my lost love?" I remarked sarcastically, knowing I was horrible with any animal except my dog Gaho and had lost my one and only real girlfriend.

Suddenly, Seunghyun smirked. That never was a good thing to see,

"Pretty close Jiyong"

Chaeri stepped in, delivering the final blow

"Tame the new girl Cindy, and make her think you love her. What else is more powerful than emotions?"

I looked for a sign of uncertainty i her eyes, but they just gleamed with manipulation and excitement.

My own were definitely filled with fear though; I couldn't lose anything, especially my status. It's all I had.