Two Left Feet

If Only High School Made Sense

"No, no Cindy. Watch your partner, go Yunho" ordered Onew, obviously becoming frustrated with me.

I studied the way my partnerYunho moved. He made it look so easy. I tried again, but stumbled through the first few counts and then stopped all together. 

"Work on it" Onew rubbed between his eyes, "Be ready to show your set first thing tomorrow"

I gulped down the massive knot in my throat. Dancing wasn't my forte, but I needed another arts course to fill the time.

"Hey, you aren't that bad. Onew is a slave driver" encouraged Yunho, handing me some water

"I really am, but thanks for trying" I sighed

"Listen; I'd be williing to help you out"  he whispered while packing up his things

I got excited, whether because he was really cute or a good dancer, but either way it died away when I realized he was probably offering out of pity. Also because he was stuck with me, and I needed to step it up if he wanted to not look stupid.

I nervously smiled back, "Really? I'd really appreciate that"

"How about we meet here tonight after dinner at 6:30" Yunho ruffled his already messy hair as he spoke

"Sure, sounds splendid" I beamed, finally being with a cooperative and caring classmate.

I dashed for my next class which was drama. Waving eagerly at me was cheery Wooyoung and Nichkhun, plus not so alert Taecyeon. Hopefully they didn't mind how out of breath and sweaty I was from dance, even though I couldn't do a two step to save my life. 

This class made up for the three previous failures. I goofed off like a kid with the three guys, rolling around on the ground and projecting our voices to the point of yelling. The teacher even liked it, encouraging out crazy mood.

"Where are you running off to Cindy?" asked Wooyoug, watching me quickly walk out the door

"I got a lot to do tonight. Plus, I'm trying to stay in seclusion because of the whole rice bowl to face incident"  I half lied, really just wanting to have some girl talk with Gina.

"Ok, lunch again tomorrow?" Nichkhun chirped hopefully

I laughed, "Obviously, I don't exactly have a mob of people wanting to get to know me"

Half way down the hall, I heard some footsteps quickening. I turned around to see Taecyeon half walking half jogging towards me.

"Hey Cindy" he tried to look casual, readjusting his backpack straps, "What's you think of that drama class?"

"It was really awesome; favourite today" I replied, finding him cute in his kid friendly green cat t-shirt.

That's when Taec began to ramble

"Do you want to maybe work on some improv scenarios together tonight? I know that it wasn't assigned, but I heard that we'll be doing it and it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I mean, who wouldn't want to get good marks, and go on to be a famous actress or actor.  If you don't want to, its ok because I have a lot of other friends like Woo and Khun. Not that I don't like you more than Wooyoung or Nichkh- Forget I said that, uhm, do you like dinner?"

I held back the bluch that was about to surface in my cheeks, finding it flattering how nervous and flustered he got when he was around me,

"Sorry Taecyeon; I'm already busy tonight. Any other day could work" I said, seeing his smile droop

"Oh; it's no big deal. Like I said; I can get Khun. See you tomorrow than" replied Taec, speeding ahead of me to escape the awkwardness

I thought he was absolutely adorable, glad I had him as a friend. Woah; I had friends here. This, this whole fancy school thing could work.

"Hey Gina" I tossed my bag on to the bed, "Have I got news for y-"

"Is it true you called Jiyong a little prissy singer, and then punched him in the left eye?"

At first I thought to laugh, but than stopped, "Wha-"

"And that you hooked up with him in the recital hall, on a piano?" added Gina, her voice becoming higher and higher

"No, no, and never in my life. I haven't even kissed a guy yet; where are you hearing this Ballerina Gina?" I asked

"Everywhere" Gina pulled out her phone and showed me a student social network for the academy, "Even Jiyong and other Heirs are talking about you!"

I read all the posts and comments from students, ones that I had no idea who they were. Rumours were flying everywhere, some saying I was a total homewrecker while the others saying I was a saviour from the Heir's rule. Whatever people thought, the gossip still was all about me. The only time this had ever happened had been when I tripped at grade eight graduation, and it lasted for maybe an hour. Over three years later, no one even probably remembered it or me.

"Awesome; I now have a reason to fear for my social life. Kidding; never had one" I remarked, thinking how my only friends were my lunch buddies. Min, Eli, and Yunho were just kind of neutral. 

"Last time some one messed with Jiyong this much, or an Heir in general...." Gina shook her head, and sighed, "At least you can't become a Cater, that'd be worse"

This terminology; really, was this a Hollywood G-rated film? People really needed to learn to use just one language.

With Gina, we talked about our first day in classes. I learned about her day -which was vocal, dance, drama, and design-  and told her about mine. I set the record straight, telling her what really happened.

"You just shoved it in his face?" she gasped

I pouted my lips and nodded, regretting nothing

I wrapped up the little ajhumma gossip session to grab a quick dinner. A sandwich it was, seeing as I was going to be late. I went straight to the studio from the cafeteria, getting stares from all the students. News travels fast here, not accurately though. 

I peered through the window, seeing the unlit room. Yunho wasn't here ye-

"Annyeong Cindy"

Holy mother of pearl; where'd he come from!

"Yunho! Hi!" I squeaked, still shaken from him popping up behind me

He took out a key, unlocking the door. It creaked open as we stepped in and closed it.

Smoothly, Yunho plugged in his phone to the stereo and put on some pop music

"So; let's teach you to dance"

This little one on one made me wish Yunho was the teacher, not Onew. I'm sure he could do just a good of job, if not better. He was really patient with me, repeating the moves as many times as it took. By the end, I could pass as an average dancer. I probably could have been better if I wasn't so distracted by Yunho's body; what a looker.

"I knew you could pull it off" Yunho still was grooving away to the music, "Just needed some time"

"That's an understatement" I chuckled, trying to duplicate the complicated turn her was doing but failing

He laughed too, "It was actually pretty fun Cindy. Maybe we should do this again"

"No, it's ok. I don't want to waste your time trying to teach uncoordinated me" I sighed

Yunho smiled, "Who said anything about dancing the whole time, how about some food before?"

Damn; he was nice, charming, and smoking hot. Was this some type of dream? Was this a sick joke on reality TV?

"I'll think abo-"

"What the hell are you two doing here!"

God no; it was Onew.

Yunho began to explain, "Practicing, we want to make sure we're prepared fo-"

"Yea, heard that before. I'm not stupid, I know what goes on during after hours" snapped Onew

"Woah there, you know I'm a horrible dancer, I just want to not embarasses myself tomorrowl" I defended wagging my finger

"Whatever" Onew threw Yunho's phone at him, "I need to do some work, so get out and I won't say a thing"

"There's nothing to say!" I hissed

With a menacing look, Onew glided over and towered over me, "Oh; I'm sure I could conjure up something"

"We were done anyways, let's just go Cindy" Yunho took my hand and lead me out. I could see Onew still fuming.

Eventually we were in the safety of the stairwell, out of earshot.

"Sorry. I didn't think he'd show up" muttered Yunho, obviously embarasssed

"We were just dancing anyways, it' ok" I assured hoping it'd make him feel better, "Why was he so mad anyways? Like, really mad?"

"We aren't exactly allowed in there, since students like to pracitce their own activites if you know what I mean" Yunho explained.

Oh; "activites".

"Uh...." I shot him a look of disgust, and question

"No no! I really did want to help you. I'd never do that, it's really degrading and stupid" he was still holding my hand, but noticed and let go shyly, "Plus the fact I wanted to talk with you alone, get to know you, since Onew was all over you during class. I think you're really cool, but so does Onew, and he always gets what he wants"

"Who said I'd ever want Onew? I actually kind of hate him" I confessed, surprised about what he said

"Well, every girl falls for him and I just wanted to beat him for once. Not that I'm objectifying women, I think that we could get along well"

Yunho's face was really close to mine. I really wanted to hug him and give him some confidence, but we had just met under twelve hours ago. I went for a shoulder pat instead.

"Thanks for everything Yunho. Onew never could turn this stumbling fool into a dancer" I began to walk away for my room

"I'll see you tomorrow" Yunho smiled at me, showing off his perfect teeth, "Text me when you think about it"

Oh yes, his offer. That sneaky flrting manouever. Quickly we exchanged numbers

I stalked away through the halls, hoping not a lot of students were up. I didn't want to start up the rumour mill again. I passed a couple making out in the hallway, typical boarding school. Suddenly, I was pushed against a wall and into a corner, automatically I thought .

I began to scream, "Help! Get the fu-"

"You are a firey one Miss Canada"

"Hello Jiyong" I spat, throwing off his hand that was over my mouth, "Need to force women into liking you already?"

I could see him smirk in the dark, "Funny. So; you want to go on a hot date?"

"What part of that rice bowl and chilled green tea did you not get" I hissed, disgusted

"Is that a yes or no"

Typical Jiyong; ignorant and cocky.

I stomped past him, raging at the fact he still dared to mock me

"Neither. It's a never"

I slammed the door shut, seeing that Gina was already asleep. Over my loud panting triyng to calm down, I heard a final comment from Jiyong in the hall

"Well, guess that's just a try again later"