Ultra Lover and Stupid Liar

If Only High School Made Sense

"You still want to sit with us?" whispered Junho with wide eyes

"Obviously" I pushed my food into its spot between Taecyeon and Junsu's like usual, "Where else would I go?"

"But you're an Heir now" frowned Chansgung, eyeing my banana. I gladly gave it to him; I don't really like bananas anyways.

I shrugged, "They can't control who I eat lunch with"

Cue the dramatic irony. 

Suzy's wedged shoes clomped over to our table, her short skirt emphasizing her lean legs 

"Cindy; a moment" she ordered, pointing her finger at me and curling it in.

"Sure" I snagged my spring rolls off the table, "I don't trust you guys alone with my food; I'll be back"

After a little parade around the cafeteria with the uncomfortable stares from students, we got to the table at the very front. Around it sat the female Heirs; CL, Victora, and now Suzy and !. 

"Sit down" CL pointed to the chair across from the three, I sat down obdiently in front of the panel of judges. "We just have a few things" 

They whispered between themselves briefly before Suzy striaghtened herself up, 

"Since you're a new Heir, we want to show you how its done" 

"Ok. Is that all?" I said unamused, hoping the guys hadn't found the Starbucks card or shirmp chips in my bag

"We don't do this too often, so think about" hissed Suzy,

I slouched in my chair, "What?"

"We'd like you to sit with us. For the rest of the week" chimed Victoria, twirling the Heir necklace around her finger

"No thanks. I d-"

Victoria interrupted, "Coolness. See you tomorrow"

I stood up and pushed in my chair, seeing the table where the males Heirs congregrated. There was one empty seat. Once I thought about it, there had been an empty seat between Onew and Jiyong at the meeting last night too.

"And on Wednesdays, we wear red" CL then took a scrap of paper from Suzy and slipped it to me. I took a peek quickly to see it was just all their numbers. She continued, with a warning tone "Remember; we don't do this often" 

Casually I weaved through the tables back to the corner. I caught some of the students rumours passing by,

"So are her and Jiyong back together?"

"No; she's dating Yunho and screwing Taecyeon on the side"

"She's an Heir either way; that's the only reason she'd be at that table" 

Of course, that was all false. Except for the part about being an Heir. I messed myself up with that one. 

"And she's alive!" Wooyoung ruffled my hair, and put me in a head-lock like position, "We were worried about you"

"Nothing scary; don't worry. Just Heir business" I chuckled, checking my bag for any stolen snacks. Then I looked up to see Khun munching away at my shrimp chips. 

"Want one?" he mumbled out with a full mouth

I laughed, "It's ok, you can have the rest of my food. You've already eaten most of it" 

"Sorry" Nichkhun sheepishly dug into his bag and slid out some candy, "Here; we're equal"

My eyes lit up at the sight. It wasnt just any candy; it was Starbursts. I couldn't find them anywhere in Korea. 

"Oh; and I found a final bag of mangoes from my last trip to America" announced Khun, throwing them into the centre 

The five all exchanged looks before pouncing into a mound on the table. I couldn't tell where the mangoes had even gone. 

"Mine! Mine! I'm your hyung!" screamed Junsu, laying on top of Junho who had a solid grip

"Oh yea?" Taecyeon pushed Junsu off and grabbed the bag, "Well I'm even older than you!"

While Khun and I enjoyed eachother's snacks, we watched the boys fight. It was quite entertaining, especially when Wooyoung stood on a chair and jumped on Chansung's back. 

"And now their mine" i rolled across and snatched them up, ripping open the package and eating one, "Now, let's go to class" 

"That's unfair!" screamed Junho, still with Taecyeon sitting on top of him

"Here; learn to share already" I laughed, dividing the rest between them. 

"Those are my favourite" groaned Taecyeon, swiping at the mangoes. I dodged his attack, but tripped over Junho's body which had been pushed on to the ground by Taec. 

"Oops; sorry Cin- Woah" Junho got up form the ground now that I was on it, "You two going to get up anytime soon?" 

I had fallen on to Taecyeon's solid abdominal muscles face first. I couldn't stand because my arm was pinned underneath him. 

"My arm" I robotically said, feeling the tinglish sensation before the part goes numb

"Oh yea, my fault" the blood rushed back into my arm as he removed his weight, "Forgot that I hadn't released Junho"

"Probably would've been better to fall on his bubble " I teased, giving Junho a light punch in the arm 

He just pouted back and stuck out his tongue

"You and Taecyeon should go to the drama festival"  blurted out Khun, getting a death glare or two

"Ya! And eat food while your there!" Wooyoung was pushed to behind Junsu as he came with his outburst, "It ends this week, and he really likes-"

"Shut up Daegu" barked Taecyeon, shaking his head while covering his face with his hands. 

"I was going to say drama..." defended Junsu slyly

"Please go out with hyung, he really likes you. He's just too shy to say anything" whispered Chansung into my ear not so quietly. 

I couldn't help but smile, "Of course, I really like him too"

"Chincha?" Wooyoung's mouth gaped open so wide I could shove a three lemons in. He then screwed up his face, "Wae? He's so, so...."

"Embarssing!"

"Unfashionable"

"Don't forget corny" added Khun after Junsu and Jonho contributed their two cents. 

"That's why I like him" I proudly grabbed Taecyeon's hand and held it tightly, "He's one cool Okcat" 

It was obvious how nervous he was, his eyes were restless as they jumped around person to person. 

"You guys need to learn to respect your hyung" I scolded, feeling sorry for how awkward they'd made Taeyeon feel. At the same time it made me laugh too. 

"We will now that he's finally got the guts to date you" said Junsu

"Now if only I could get a girlfriend..." sulked Wooyoung

We went our serparate ways when the final lunch bell rang. I'd be meeting up with three of them in drama after dance class with drill sargeant Onew. 

"You, come here" Onew dragged me over to a corner as soon as I walked in, "You're partners with Himchan now"

I ripped his hand off, "Why? Yunho has been my par-"

"And now it's Himchan. Don't ask questions, just do it" he ordered, already with his back facing me. Was today order around Cindy day?

Only a few times had I talked with Himchan, but he seemed like an okay guy. I stopped by Yunho who was on the ground stretching, 

"Slave driver says that I have to switch partners" I then imitated Onew's voice when he yelled, "Don't ask questions"

He laughed at first, then stopped

"Who am I dancing with then?"

I shrugged, "Sorry; I don't know. I've been instructed to be with Himchan, so I suggest you ask"

Being the typical male, he didn't. We just sat around until Onew decided to stop eating ramen and actually do something. 

"Ok, so today I have an assignment for you all. Also I have a special guest for you all" announced Onew, waving towards the second side door. 

Everyone nearly died at the sight of the guest. All student's had grabbed their phones to take pictures,

"Hello all, I am eMpress. Sisi raved about the students and then Onew invited me here, so I'm taking the opportunity to see what you are all really capable of. It's the least I can do for this academy being a graduate myself" 

I had heard rumours about recruiting in the Kpop industry, but I never thought it was a realistic thing. It was mind bending to consider someone in this class becoming an idol. 

"Hi Yunho" a shy and quiet Sisi stepped out from behind eMpress, wiggling her finger at him. Then she faced the entire class,"I'm here also to evaluate you all. We have the hope of seeing  what you are all really made of with this imprompt look over" 

Yunho was still sheepishly smiling at Sisi, clearly a little fanboy. He had mentioned to me how he got to meet her while Jiyong and I argued at the dance. 

"So please, do warm up. Then we will call you to the back studio if you'd like to audition" said eMpress, taking a seat at the front beside Onew. 

I plopped down beside my new partner Himchan, not wanting to audition at all. I was not idol material, let alone Heir material. I still at dancing even after countless hours outside of class with Yunho.

"Why aren't you with your boyfriend?" asked Himchan effortlessly folding on to the gorund

"Onew told me I was your partner today; meolla wae. It works ok since Ga In is absent anyways" I rolled up my sweat pants, then thought again. I muttered back, "And Yunho isn't my boyfriend" 

Throughout the period students were hovering around the back door, anticipating their moment to shine. I on the ohter hand stayed as far away as possile with Himchan. No one wanted to get involved with this hot mess.

The entire senior dance class filed through, coming out looking sweaty and tired. I guess the spontaneity of the audition was a good dea, so it was a relaistic glimpse at people's talent. I still didn't get why Onew made me trade up; Yunho and him just seemed to be talking most of the time. If he quit hogging him I'm sure we couldv'e danced. 

Sisi and eMpress emerged from the other studio, looking calm, cool, and collected

"Thank you all for showing us your dancing skills; our expectations were definietly exceeded" eMpress congratulated

Sisi continued, "We will contact anyone we've found interest in after we sift through everyone, seeing as we still need to drop by another class" 

The bell rang on cue. Usually the students would bolt at the first ding, but most were at a stand still listening to the Sisi and eMpress. 

"Get to class" Onew strode up beside the two women, "I don't want to ask twice"

Now that made the students leave; Onew hated stragglers in his class more than mosquitos. 

Afraid of whatever consequence I'd recieve if I was last to leave, I tried to gather my things ten times more quickly then the others. Once I was the last to pack up at the end of the day, and Onew tossed my shoes into the ceiling's high beams.  He said -and I quote- , "Next time, don't keep me waiting to lock up. I have a girlfriend to love".   I remember my repsonse had been somewhere along the lines of just not doing that  "love" in my room.  That earned me an extra kick in the . 

"But Cindy, Sisi would like to speak with you for a moment" called Onew, waving me over

Oh crap; was my dancing really that offensive?

"I've been wanting to talk with you since the Starry Sky" Sisi told eMpress to go ahead while Onew left for his class. She then made sure their footsteps had faded away, "About Jiyong that is"

"What's there to say" I droned, still having a lot of anger towards him. I had even skipped art second period to avoid him. 

"I just don't want you thinking that there's anything between us. I'm not trying to steal your boyfriend" she explained with an apologetic smile

"Oh really? Well there isn't much between us either" I replied trying not to be rude

"He didn't act that way. I've known Jiyongie since we were kids, that's why I did him that favour. By the end of the night, I'm sure I could have written an essay about you with all the things he said" said Sisi

I stayed silent; feeling like if I said anytihng I'd end up exploding and punching her out. 

She noticed my evasiveness,

"Well, I should be leaving. Your class does show promise, specifically Yunho, the reason we were brought here. That's just between you and I though"

Her fancy dancing shoes clicked across the glossy wood floor, heading for the back exit where her manager was waiting. Still I didn't say a word, engulfed in my old feelings for Jiyong. About to leave, she turned back and smiled at me, 

"You remind me a lot of Guinevere. Please, don't be so hard on oppa"

"Wait!" I scampered up to Sisi, "You knew Wen?"

Sisi winced, "We were fraternal twins. She was my sister."

You have got to be kidding me. This must be a prank for some variety show she's on. No camera man or PD jumped out though; so this was real.

"Sorry for asking Sisi" I apologized, embarassed

Her manager whispered in her ear, clearly impatient and needing her to move along. She held up her hand to him, then turned to me

"Call me Xiaxue"

With that she left the dance studio. I stood there like an idiot for at least another minute or two. No way was I going to be productive in drama class anyways.   

I decided to skip drama class since I had already missed most of it. Ditching class was a rare thing for me, this being the first time ever. I didn't plan on making it a habit since I was really a goodie-two-shoes. 

". . !" I swore in my mind, turning the corner and seeing my special someone. By special someone, I mean the someone I especially don't want to see. 

"Let's talk" Jiyong took off his head phones, and yanked my arm. He forced me to look at him, whispering right into my face, "Sorry I'm a bad boy. A jerk"

"And you will always be. Goodbye G-Dragon" I hissed, pushing him away

"Wen and I used to have fights like these" he commented cooly

My angry stomps subsided as I spun around. I marched back to where he was standing,

"What's that suppose to mean?"

He the side of my cheek like the first day of our fake relationship. I curled my lips back and showed my look of disgust, as he used that pretend caring tone,

"We always figured things out. Made up. Still loved eac-"

"I'm not her!" My body was quivering from how loudly I'd screamed, "I'm not Wen!"

I ran past Jiyong and his hurt expression. I kept going until I was out of breath. Panting heavily, I finally took notice where I had ended up; right outside the garden that was permanently "under construction". 

Maybe I should learn the truth straight from the source. It had to be there somewhere. 

I thought to myself, "Hope you don't mind Wen"  as I pushed open the door to start the search