The Rich, Cheating, and Unknown Taecyeon

If Only High School Made Sense

"Why are you being so weird…." I scooted away from Jiyong, sitting on the edge of the chair, "Stop it, it freaks me out when you're all nice."

For days of complete silence and dirty looks, Jiyong was full out friendly today in second period art. Maybe it was some contagion that made you suddenly not a horrible person. Hope the rest of the Heirs got infected with it. 

 

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" he sang, doing the old trick where he held my hand under the table. 

 

I rolled my eyes, "Again?" and threw it away

 

"Seriously, cut it out. People are staring" I hissed

 

He batted his eyes, "I really want you though"

 

"And I really don't" I laughed

 

He wasn't tricking me again that greasy play boy. Luckily the bell rang and saved me from anymore torture . 

 

"Bye Jiyong, you aren't fooling me with that fake act" I scoffed, running down the aisle of desks. 

 

My heart was beating hard as I pushed my way through the crowded halls, hoping Jiyong hadn't followed me. I didn't want to have to pull out the "boyfriend" card and put Taec in danger. I was coming around the corner, almost at the side cafeteria doors, ready for whatever lecture the Heirs had for me on Red Wednesday. 

 

"Jagiya"

 

Before I could slap him across the face or even scream for help, Jiyong yanked my body against his and kissed me. 

 

He was a good kisser, but I'd never admit that. He had my wrists handcuffed with his hands, not allowing me to move. I tried to breakaway but failed. 

 

"Stop it!" I screamed into his mouth. He finally backed off with his smug expression. 

 

"Will you give me another chance now?" he whispered, trying to give me a hug

 

I shoved him away, "No! Why would I!"

 

Jiyong dropped his head to my level and touched noses. He barely breathed out, 

 

"Because I love you"

 

My face and my entire body was boiling with anger, frustration, and hurt. He was opening every wound he had inflicted when I was back stabbed him. 

 

I began to walk forward, forcing him against the wall, 

 

I grabbed him by the shirt and growled through my teeth, 

 

"If you love someone, you don't treat them like this"

 

For the first time it appeared I had scared Jiyong. He nodded rapidly and slid down the wall and slipped away. One perk of being an Heir is I could do these outbursts whenever I please. 

 

With purpose I marched into the cafeteria for lunch, straight to the Heir table in my red get up. A red polo shirt and converse; that's as good as it's going to get. 

 

"About time you showed up" droned Suzy. She began applying red lipstick, "A little late aren't we?"

 

I ignored her comment and just sat down. The three of them were head to toe in red. Suzy a red sundress and flower, Victoria in red shorts, tights, and loose girly shirt, and CL in red jeans and cropped blazer.  I didn't know there was that many plain articles of red clothing. 

 

"Here is your Heir necklace. Always have it on" said CL sliding a box towards me

 

"Ok Chief" I saluted, opening it up and putting on the necklace. It actually was a really nice piece of jewellery. 

 

"We pass the pendants down through the Heirs, so there are only a dozen" explained Victoria, pulling out her own "Like mine used to be Dara's"

 

I finished clasping the worn metal, "Who used to wear this one?"

 

Coldly Suzy replied, 

 

"Ok Taecyeon"

 

I coughed on my bowl of soup, probably spitting some on to Suzy. Oh well; she could use some protein anyways. 

 

"Ugh; finish and clean up before Rednessday starts. There's a lot today" she whined, fluffing out her dress

 

Quickly I finished my meal and followed the Heirs to the centre table. I didn't dare ask questions, because all three seemed to be quite on edge today. I planned on just sitting and looking interested. 

 

Suzy daintily stepped first on the bench then on the table, gaining the attention of everyone. She waited for the murmur or the crowd the simmer before she began. 

 

"So today's red alerts. Firstly,  we have found a new Heir if you haven't already noticed; Cindy." Suzy pointed to me with a talon, probably pretending she was stabbing me with it, "She's what you wanted; so no complaining"

 

Seems to me Suzy was the only one complaining. All the students watching were pretty satisfied looking. 

 

"Anyways; back to me. It was confirmed this weekend that I leave for JYP Entertainment the end of this semester. I know the school will be in a wreck with me gone, so that's why I am making our Rednessdays better than before"

 

For the last portion of my freedom, I spent it watching Suzy, CL, and Victoria -but mostly Suzy- announce the latest "news". The mindless gossip really was just their excuse to belittle and make fun of the students and the school, pathetically attempting to make themselves look better. 

 

The thing I was even more offended by was that the students were actually listening.  Well, except for the six. I never noticed this Wednesday social slaughter; I was busy eating my food. Ugh; I really wanted food right now. Suzy had rushed me eating. 

 

"And be sure to attend the drama festival; the last evening is Friday" announced the she devil, finally stepping down from her high red horse.  

 

The moment us four had made it back to the table I grabbed my things and rushed to the back. I wanted to see Taecyeon before our drama class. I oh so cleverly took the back hallway -around rather than through the cafeteria- but failed. Victoria caught me.

 

And I thought she was the nice one….

 

She smirked, "You have a boyfriend, don't you" 

 

"N-no. Everyone hates me" I lamely said.

 

"Not what I meant. You're a funny one, I have to give you that" Victoria laughed

 

I gulped, "I have drama so I have to go"

 

Her body blocked my way in the skinny hallway, and she wasn't moving. 

 

"Class doesn't start for another fifteen" She stepped closer, to which I stepped back, "You're sneaking off to see him, right?"

 

Screw this; I'm just not going to say anything. I'd just say something dumb and give it all away. My silence though was an obvious enough answer. 

 

"Don't worry; I won't tell Jiyong" she said.

 

Call me crazy, but I didn't exactly believe this deal came hitch free. 

 

Then Victoria added, "Under one condition" 

 

I attempted to seem a little less wimpy, straightening up as much as possible

 

"Who are you to think you know-"

 

"Get me a date with your friend Nichkhun"

 

My eyes fell out of my head. My brain did a few spins and then collapsed. 

 

I sputtered, "W-why?" 

 

She pouted her lips, mocking me in a baby voice, "Do you want to keep dating your lover?"

 

Nodding, she snapped into psycho scary Victoria further

 

"Exactly! So you don't need to know why. You already know the terms. Just do it" 

 

"How do you know him? Or even like him. Khun is the biggest dork in this entire school, maybe in east Asia" I mused, wondering what type of scheme she had in mind. 

 

I wanted to make sure Khunnie didn't have some type of cruel social experiment directed right at him. Victoria was ignoring me though. Already on her way back to her leader. 

 

"I know how you feel" I awkwardly called as a last resort sympathy card

 

She stopped and turned

 

"No you don't" she whispered.

 

Woah; did I see tears in her eyes?

 

"We all have liked someone who doesn't know we do. It's nothing to be ashamed of" I quietly said, finding it odd I was using this tone with her.  

 

Wednesdays were also opposite days I guess. Jiyong now her.  These Heirs… Bipolar Disorder; all of them. 

 

"You're an Heir now; you know the dating rules" Victoria droned on in a robotic like state, "You'll figure out what Suzy and the others can do, and then you'll feel like me"

 

"And what exactly is that?" I asked

 

She took a step forward, "Inhuman" 

 

As she stalked off again, Victoria called over her shoulder

 

"Enjoy being with Yunho while it lasts"

 

Uh oh; why did she think he was my boyfriend? It wouldn't be long until she figures out he isn't, and then I'll be in real trouble. The part where she said "… while it lasts…", just a bit threatening  Note my heavy sarcasm. 

 

I texted Taecyeon, asking him to meet me by his room. He instantly replied.

 

"Hey" He grabbed me in a bear hug the instant I got within a two foot radius "Feels good to hug you"

 

I snuggled my head into his broad chest, sniffing his clothes (I already know I'm weird)

 

"Agreed. Glad everyone is eating away or napping before class" 

 

I pulled away and held his hand. We checked to make sure no one had seen us together then slipped into his room. Don't be getting any dirty thoughts you sickos and hard core shippers; I was still an innocent little girl. 

 

"Do you know much about Victoria? She was really odd today" I asked 

 

He clicked his tongue as he tossed me an orange, 

 

"How do I even begin to describe Victoria Song. She owns two Fendi purses, and a silver Lexus, and she punched me in the face once"

 

I laughed, "Really?"

 

"Yea; her dad invented toaster strudel or something so she's totally rich. I've seen the car and bags mys-"

 

"The punch to the face I mean babo"

 

Taecyeon shrugged, "It was nothing. Just an argument between her, the guys, and I. Actually with just Nichkhun once I think about it" 

 

Now that's what I was going for. I knew there was more to the situation. 

 

"They know each other?" I said, playing the part of uninformed newbie

 

"Those two sure do" Taecyeon rolled on to his bunk beside me, "Khun and Victoria used to be neighbours as kids. Then she got rich, and he moved all around the world, and now look at them. Strangers."

 

"So then what was the fight about?" I asked

 

He sighed, "Victoria breaking up with him. It was right before high school started, and she became the first of the female Heirs. Wen was there too; it had been a double date when Victoria went crazy. She punched me in the face and stormed off. I don't get why; she dumped him. "

 

"Hm, never thought she was the violent type" I commented while trying on one of Taec's beanies

 

"She is; but just sneaky also. Don't underestimate her Cindy; she can kill" he warned

 

"Then tell me; what are the Heirs really like?" I thought out loud

 

"The school's infrastructure... You sure you want to know the full version?" he mused, putting his arm around me. 

 

I smiled with just my lips, "Just trying to be prepared"

 

Thoroughly, Taecyeon explained every member in the high and mighty group, using very interpretive drawings and such. It definitely made me remember everything. Victoria was silent but deadly, Suzy was pure evil, and CL was strategic and brash. As for the others, I really was just listening for one person, and that was Jiyong, There was so much I didn't know about him, despite how much time we had once spent together. 

 

"He acts all tough and cold, but he really is a marshmallow. His problem is that he falls too hard, too fast. Him and Wen… They couldn't stay away from each other. He was addicted to her, obsessed" 

 

I felt bad for Taecyeon who had to watch his ex date his best friend. Yea; him and Jiyong being friends caught me off guard.

 

"So he actually is a good person?" I asked, finding it difficult to even consider

 

"Yup; he is. Wen dying changed all that though" Taecyeon rung his hands a few times, "It did the same to me too; but for the better"

 

I checked my phone; we had missed class. Oops. I just continued on rolling around on the bunk and chatting away with my boyfriend. I loved saying that. 

 

"You changed? How" 

 

He sighed, "Promise you won't hate me?"

 

I shrugged, my head dangling over the edge, 

 

"Hate is extreme. Maybe I'll get a little angry but it doesn't matter. You're different now, and that's the person I fell for"

 

Repeatedly he fixed a blanket and his clothing, ready to confess whatever past secret

 

"I didn't just date Wen" 

 

"Most people go out with different people" I commented, thinking that if he was ashamed of dating some girl before Wen it was actually kind of cute. 

 

"No, no. How do I tell you this…" Taecyeon stood up and paced back and forth. Finally he stopped and looked me in the eye, "I cheated on Wen with her twin sister"

 

What the actual just happened. Was I there a hidden camera? No; unfortunately... 

 

Like an idiot, I sat there with my tongue hanging out of my mouth. I wasn't angry, or upset; just worried. What else didn't I know about Taecyeon, and could I handle it?

 

"Cindy? You still there?" he muttered, waving a hand in front of my eyes

 

I snapped out of it, "Y-yes…. Sorry" and curled into a ball rocking back and forth

 

Awkward silence filled the air as we sat in his room, not sharing eye contact or touching. Neither knew what to say. 

 

I broke the ice, "Do all Heirs just cheat on each other, some unwritten Suzy rule?" 

 

He actually laughed, 

 

"Guess so. Because of my dating rule, everyone just got someone that would definitely get approved so they could cheat away. The only people that never have cheated are Key, Onew, and Jiyong. Well, from what it was like from my Heir days. Plus; Heir's sees it as more opportunity for competition, seeing who is the most heartless and best life ruiner."

 

"W-why did you cheat" I breathed out, as if to myself. It was definitely out loud though. 

 

"I loved Wen. I can't lie about that. Her cheating with Jay came first, so I retaliated with her sister. It was a bad choice; probably the reason she left me"

 

Again I stayed quiet, unsure what the feel or think of him. 

 

He leaned over to see my blank stare, then added 

 

"It was once; she caught me at her home one weekend seeing Xiaxue. We fought, confronted each other, and moved on"

 

I gulped loudly, "So Jiyong never has cheated"

 

My comment caught him off guard. Taecyeon slowly replied, 

 

"From what I know. He sleeps with a lot of girls that he doesn't really date, but he isn't a cheater" 

 

I raised an eyebrow, "Do you sleep around?" 

 

Taec shook his head, "Like I said; I've changed. No, I don't. You're the first girl after Wen I've even taken a second look at let alone date"

 

He was one of them; why did this seem like such a new fact? I've known it for a long time now, but hearing all the past stories from his mouth was different. It made me worry that he could go back to that person, and just toss me aside; treat me like Jiyong did. I didn't want to lose my friend, let alone boyfriend. 

 

"Do you still want her. Be honest" I muttered

 

Matter of fact like he responded, 

 

"I can't; she's dead" 

 

I clarified, "If she was alive. What would you tell her"

 

I took a risk and peered over top of my knees. Taecyeon sat on a chair facing me, leaning on his knees with his elbows. His eyes were so intense.

 

For at least three seconds he took in a breath before letting it out, 

 

"I'd say to her how much I miss her, but how disappointed I am we had to break up in such a bad way. Then I'd say how her being happy is what matters, so however that happens it doesn't matter, even if she is with another man."

 

Dammit; I could feel a knot forming in my throat. I felt jealousy over a dead girl. She still had both Jiyong and Taecyeon thinking about her, and I liked them both. No! No! I mean… I'm dating Taecyeon....

 

"D-do you still want me" I rasped out. I blinked back tears of confusion, frustration, and anger. 

 

Before I could raise my head, I felt arms around me. On his bed Taecyeon held me against hi chest, rubbing my back while I wiped my face on his shoulder. 

 

"Yes. Of course" he kissed my neck and pulled me closer again, "I want you to like me, to laugh with me, to hug me. I want you" 

 

Why did that make me doubt him even more; it wasn't the Taecyeon I knew. Taecyeon was clumsy, silly, reserved. The man speaking now was suave, smooth, and charming.  One skill he clearly didn't leave behind form his Heir days. 

 

"Could you stop that" I droned as he continued to on my neck

 

I put my hands between us,

 

"I'm not up for this after our discussion" 

 

Taecyeon pulled back and folded his hands in his lap. He lowered his head, looking slightly embarassed and/or ashamed. 

 

"Sorry; I guess I forgot what it's like to be in a normal relationship, one where I'm not being used" he muttered apologetically

 

"What do you mean being used? For status when you were an Heir? For ?" I asked

 

Nervously he bit his lip and rustled his own hair. Had I unintentionally uncovered some type life long secret? Eventually he glanced up at me through his long hair and whispered an explanation, 

 

"My father is the CEO of eMpire Entertainment "

 

I shrugged, "So?...."

 

His eyes opened as wide as possible,

 

"Y-you don't care? That I inherit that company and am a spoiled brat?"

 

"No. It doesn't change that I like you" I simply answered

 

He laughed lightly, and then started fanning his face with his hand, 

 

"I kind of was hoping to impress you with that one honestly. That was a very Cindy repsonse though; should've known."

 

Shyly I hugged him. I held him close while I kept talking, 

 

"And you're not a spoiled brat, so don't say that"

 

Unlike his first attempt of affection through awkward neck , he innocently kissed me on the lips while holding back a smile. I was trying equally as hard to not smile and ruin it. 

 

Slowly Taecyeon broke the kiss and held my hand. In silence we sat on his bed, hearing the students come out from third period which we had skipped. Just for the record; I had not planned that (I can't speak for the boyfriend though). 

 

"We should go. Our drama teacher may not mind me missing one class, but Onew might kill me, or get Gina to" I mused, standing up to leave

 

"You're right; I shouldn't miss my next class either" he agreed

 

I was about to turn the doorknob and step out, but Taec stopped the door with his foot. 

 

"We're still ok, right?" he tentively grinned and fixed the beanie I was still wearing, "I mean, Friday. And uhm... You aren't angry?"

 

I smiled and went on my tiptoes, "Everything is ok; don't worry. I'll be there Friday" and kissed him on the cheek. 

 

"Cindy..." Taecyeon got me in a final hug, lifting me off the floor, "Thanks for listening to me. It means a lot to have a girlfriend like you"

 

"Having you is just as great" I sang, feeling really loved seeing his genuine appreciative expression. 

 

We stood outside his room, staring at eachother, waiting for the other to stop the goofy smile and say goodbye. It wasn't one of us though to make us get a move on to class. 

 

Junsu had his passcard out, swiping it in the slot, not even looking at us as he spoke

 

"Hello lovebirds. Hope you two didn't lay eggs in the nest if y-"

 

"Junsu!" Taecyeon snapped out of his gaze and pushed him into the door, "Just because I have a girlfriend doesn't mean that!"

 

"Well just do it when I'm not around, okay hyung?" he laughed, grabbing a jacket off of the rack inside the door. 

 

I couldn't surpress my wild laughter. Taecyeon looked so flustered and funny when Junsu made his comment. 

 

"Bye Taec; see you later" I bid, waving with both hands

 

He did the same gesture as I walked backwards. Then he called after me, hands cupped around the mouth

 

"I love you Cindy"

 

My waving hands froze. I stopped walking. I stopped thinking. He just said he loves me, and we've only known each other since school started. I was flattered and touched, but it was just so fast, 

 

I decided to just smile and walk away, just like any other foreign experience like being told by a boy that they love you. Then I began to consider it; did I love him too?

 

It was scary that I couldn't say yes, and that I couldn't say no either. Maybe it was because I was too young, too relationship-dumb. 

 

Or that I was denying the feelings for someone else. The only person that had me questioning everything. 

 

I hated Jiyong more than ever at that moment. 

 

The slave driver's dance class was the usual, except that Himchan was now my permanent partner. I felt bad for him, because I still . Yunho was missing from class "for business like reasons that Miss Canada shouldn't worry about" to quote Onew. Whatever that meant; I'm pretty sure it was for training at eMpire. 

 

That reminds me,

 

I can't believe Taec's father is the CEO along with eMpress. 

 

I can't believe he cheated on Wen with her twin sister as revenge. 

 

I can't believe I was still thinking about this. 

 

After the long day, I detoured to get some food before going to the dorm. When I arrived, Gina was typing away at her computor. 

 

"I have something for you" she stuck her hand back holding an envelope, "It was slipped under the door" 

 

The cute white envelope had an equally cute bow on the front. I took it off and opened the flaps to find two tickets. 

 

I sighed like a two year old getting candy, 

 

"They're for the drama festival Friday, from Taec"

 

"How do you know? There wasn't a name. Trust me; I checked" said Gina in her concentrated tone. 

 

Here I go; creepy girlfriend time

 

"It's the smell. His cologne" I muttered back

 

She laughed, "You and your smells Cindy; you weirdo. Anything else in there?" 

 

I checked inside again, and sure enough there was a little note. Hand written things were so cute and nice, especially since it was from Taecyeon. 

 

I commented, "Oh; his writing has gotten better"

 

Carefully I unfolded the blue sheet of paper. Glitter fell into my lap as I layed it open on. I began to read aloud for affect, 

 

See you Friday at the park for the final day of the festival. 

I'll pick you up at the cherry blossom trees, the ones just outside the back gate.

Hope we can have a nice date, because I really like you.

 

I resisted to giggle at how the "because I like you" had been crossed out and rewritten over and over again. Glad he decided to keep it in; it made me smile knowing that. 

 

"I don't get how your boyfriend will take you there. Onew refused" lamented Gina

 

"Well he is a drama geek, so it fits. I do like him for that though" I said, getting excited for the date. 

 

She stopped typing and turned around. She asked sheepishly, 

 

"Could I join up with you guys? I heard from Emily the six are going as a group thing"

 

I shrugged, "I'm sure it's cool with them. It's just the usual crew, plus Xiaxue and two girls from their morning class" 

 

"Thanks; It'd be fun" said Gina, before returning to her work. 

 

While she worked away, I didn't. My mind wandered to everything that had happened today. Alternate Heir-head Jiyong, Rednessday with the She Devil and company, and Taecyeon's past as a reigning terror. 

 

My last thought stuck around the longest though, being the most irrelevant and lame;

 

I whispered to myself as I drifted off to sleep

 

"I wonder if someone is thinking about me right now"

 

My subconcious whispered right back in my brain, 

 

"Doesn't matter; because I hope it's Jiyong" 

 

 

A/N- Hope you liked this longer chapter after my being away in America (it was awesome by the way). Jiyong is invading Cindy's thoughts, who will win in the epic battle for her heart ? *dun, dun, dunnnnnnn* Much love :3 And sorry for the weird small font, formatting got mucked up with TeztEdit appliation on my new MacBook Air :/