The Promise

Really Love Ya

15 years ago.

It was a bright and sunny day at the local park, lots of children were playing there because it was summer. As Taeyeon's mother dropped off her child at the park, 8-year old Taeyeon noticed a timid girl playing alone at the swing. Since she felt that playing alone was boring, she decided to make friends with her.

"Hello! What's your name?" little Taeyeon cheerfully asked.

"Um..J..Jessica.." said the other girl shyly.

"Oh. I'm Taeyeon, but you can call me Taengoo!" she said with a wide smile.

 

Jessica was usually shy but brightened up because of Taengoo's cheerfulness. They slowly became attached to each other after playing with each other the whole afternoon.

After a while, Taengoo looked at her Keroro watch and she knew that her mom would be coming soon to fetch her.

"Um.. Jessica!" little Taeyeon called her friend who just went down the slide.

"What is it Taengoo?" Jessica curiously asked.

"I need to go now, my mommy will be fetching me soon." Taeyeon said softly.

"B-but.. will I ever see you again?" cried the teary-eyed Jessica.

"Of course! We'll meet and play here everyday okay?" assuring Jessica.

"Yaaay!" Jessica squealed then quickly hugged her new friend tightly.

When Taeyeon's mom came, Taeyeon bade farewell to her new friend and went home happily. After a while, Jessica's mom came to fetch her daughter when she noticed that her child has been cheerful than usual.

"Jessie? What you so happy today?" Jessica's mother asked with a warm smile.

"Umma! Umma! The greatest thing just happened to me!" shouted the unusually cheerful child.

"Tell what me what happened dear." Asked the mother filled with curiousity.

"I made a new friend! Her name's Taengoo! She's so nice and super fun to be with! We're now bestfriends!" Jessica said with a big smile on her face.

"Well, It's nice to see that you finally made a friend." Jessica's mother chuckled.

"Umma! Make sure to drop me off at the park every day okay?" said the child with a happy tone.

"Sure, I'll always drop you there before I go to work." said the loving mother to her child.

 

As the two friends played happily with each other everyday. An unexpected news came one day... from Taeyeon's mother.

Little Jessica was sitting by the sandbox when she noticed that Taengoo and her mother was approaching the park.

"Taengoo! You're late!" Jessica shouted towards her bestfriend.

Her expression changed when she noticed that Taengoo was crying.

"Taengoo.. Why are you crying?" Jessica asked, worried for her friend.

Taeyeon's mother crouched down to Jessica with a mixed expression on her face.

"Jessica, we have something to tell you." Taeyeon's mother said with a soft voice.

Feeling scared, Jessica answered back. "W-what is it?"

"Well, we-" Taeyeon's mother tried to explain but was interrupted by Taengoo's crying.

"we..sniff..sniff.. are migrating to California..sniff.." Taengoo sobbed.

A sad and shocked expression appeared on Jessica's face, but Taeyeon's mother quickly tried to comfort her.

"Don't worry, we will come back to Korea. When... both of you will be in third year high school." Taeyeon's mother assured Jessica while patting her back. 

The mother was busy comforting the two children, when her phone suddenly rang. An attorney was at the other line, who was helping Taengoo and her family migrate to California. 

"Kids, I need to go now. Enjoy your last day together." the mother sadly said to the two girls then kissed both of their foreheads.

 

When Taengoo's mother left, both girls turned silent.. till Taengoo took the initiative. She took Jessica's small hand and led her under slide, which was their special place where they talk with each other and share secrets.

"Stop crying already, Sica!" Taengoo tried to comfort her friend for a long time now.

"sniff..sniff.. but.." Jessica slightly stopped crying.

"I promise to come back here when we're third years." Taengoo firmly said. "Promise me that... we'll both study at that school... SM Girls High School."

"Okay, I promise Taengoo." Jessica said while wiping her tears.

Taengoo smiled and began taking off her necklace.

"Why are you taking off your precious necklace?" asked the curious Jessica.

"I'm giving it to you." Taengoo said as she placed her necklace on Jessica's small hand.

"But why?" asked the confused Jessica.

"You should wear this when I come back, so that I can recognize you when I come back." Taengoo said softly. "It would also mean as our promise. To meet again in the future and never leave each other's side again."

"Then let's make a promise on it." Jessica said while raising her pinky.

"I promise, but you have to promise me that you would be more lively and make more friends. When I come back, you better have some already!" Taengoo jokingly told her friend.

"sniff.. I promise! I'll do my best Taengoo!" Jessica shouted with determination.

They played and spent the whole afternoon happily until the sky dimmed and the sun began to set and they saw Taeyeon's mother walking near the park. They knew that they would be parting soon. 

After they hugged each other and bade each other farewell for the last time, Taengoo slowly went to her mother.. but went back for the last time to her friend who she really loves and gave her a quick peck on the lips and whispered, "I love you, I can't wait till I come back. Promise me that you won't fall in love with anyone else while I'm gone!" Taengoo said with tears on her eyes.

"I promise." Jessica said while holding Taengoo's necklace tightly.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Oh my I really didn't know that there would be people who would subscribe :))

 

I know it's Taesic at first but just wait how the story unfolds :))

Sorry for just posting the foreword and didn't post the continuations afterwards.... I just kinda got depressed because me and Dianne♥ kinda fought.. but now we're okay :D By the way it's her birthday today! (April 10) and so I kinda got motivated to continue the story.

 

Don't worry, I'll be able to updated a lot since it's summer here and no more school :) except that next week I'll be going on a Europe tour... but I'll still continue writing and hopefully I can still post while I'm there :)

Please leave comments and subscribe! :) this is my first fanfic. :)) um, please be nice.. I'm just a high school student you know :D

-posted on April 10, 2012-