Chapter 27

To Kill & Love

 

         

            The second Donghae had heard Eunhyuk was alive he had set out to find him. The other had been in surgery for over five hours before they dubbed him out of danger. Another couple of hours ensured him his body fixed, and sent him to the recovery. Fifteen hours later of pure agonizing nightmares Donghae sat beside his lover. He hadn’t known he’d been asleep for over twenty hours until his friends had told him.

            In the recovery room Eunhyuk laid motionless on the bed, his hand clasped in between Donghae’s. Donghae gazed wearily at the other’s bruised skin as his free hand traces the outlines of each bruise. Each touch would have sent terrible shivers down his spine if he had not been so weak and tired.

            The storm had not yet let up resulting in washing everything away: the blood and fear. Donghae had felt complete and utter fear and it had pained him. He had almost lost his other half, his lover, his Eunhyuk. True, he had almost lost him to death, but death comes for us all. Donghae had almost lost him on his own accord. He had almost let him go. He almost said goodbye forever.

            Donghae shook his head. I will never ever leave you. I promise, he smiled and laid his hand on his hand.

           

            “I love you.” Eunhyuk said loudly. Donghae stared at him with wide eyes. Another loud boom filed the sky sending lights dancing everywhere. He couldn’t believe it. Was it his imagination? The other smiled.

            He was serious! Donghae beamed and wrapped his arm around Eunhyuk. The other wrapped his around him.

            The loud noises slowly settled down then disappeared entirely. The two lovers held each other closely never wanting to let go.

 

            Another sound woke Donghae from his blissful dream. A nurse was checking her dashboard at the end of the bed, looking over Eunhyuk’s vitals. Her facemask was securely wrapped around her ears and covered her nose down to her chin. Her hair was tucked into a nurse’s bandana. Donghae yawned then jumped when he heard a booming noise. He deemed it was still storming outside as he could here rain pounding against the glass window on the other side of the patient’s bed and room.

            “Do you know when he will wake up?” Donghae asked tiredly. The lady nodded and slowly walked toward the door. Donghae sighed and gazed at his sleeping beauty. A click made him turn around. The nurse stepped away from the now locked door and glared at Donghae.

            “What are you…”

            The nurse pulled off the nurse’s bandana and threw it away; her wavy blonde locks fell freely around her face and below her shoulders. Donghae clenched Eunhyuk’s hand as the girl brought her hand from behind her back to screw a long cylinder onto a handgun.

            “No.” Donghae barely whispered. No. Please no.

            “Please.” he pleaded. He had almost lost him once; he couldn’t let that happen again. Jessica elegantly slipped off the facemask and set it on the end of the bed.

            “I don’t know why it’s so hard to kill you. Makes no sense. You are just another target, like everyone else.” she had a calm and collected tone to her voice. Yet common curiosity was penetrating her hard shell. Donghae could see her trying to piece things together. She was confused and it bothered her.

            With a huff she raised her gun at Eunhyuk who was still unconscious.

            “Please don’t!” Donghae hugged Eunhyuk to shield him from any further harm. A sound that almost mimicked a foot stomping the ground caught him off guard. It wasn’t the sound he was expecting. Not taking any chances, he held to his lover.

            “Why?” Jessica asked in a high voice and stomped her foot again. “Why would you want to protect that person? Him! He, who was supposed to kill you. He, who was going to be paid to end your life. Just like I am paid to do so now.”

            Donghae was confused, he hadn’t thought she was capable of sounding so human.  

            “Because of him and you I actually did the unthinkable and sought out why you are so wanted to be killed.” she scoffed, “To kill the son of the man that banged his wife. Come on. Guess he didn’t think there was more than one Lee Donghae. He’s much stupider than what I thought, and that was short of a mushroom.”

            Donghae turned his head to face the blonde girl with the gun. She was frustrated and confused with herself. After a minute she clacked her tongue and raised the gun once again at her targets.

            “You may not be the one. But he doesn’t know that. And he has my money.” Her finger poised on the trigger.

            “Then kill me.” Donghae said suddenly, taking three long strides, planting himself in front of her. The barrel of her gun lined up with the center of his head.

            “Please. Take me and leave him.” he breathed calmly. Her eyebrows pulled together as she frowned.

            “Why.” she barely whispered.

            “I love him.”

            Jessica shook her head and stretched her finger in a wave then replaced them around the handle and on the trigger. “You can’t. He can’t. He doesn’t feel anything.”

            Donghae smiled and looked down not allowing her to see the happiness on his face; his special memories. “Yes he does. He loves me.”

            “How do you know?” she raised her voice.

            “Because I know his heart. The heart that is beating right now.”

            Jessica couldn’t help but glance behind the young man and at the unconsious killer on the bed. His face was calm and peaceful. She clenched the gun tightly in her hand and bit her lip.

            “I don’t have a heart.”

            “Everyone,” he paused and smiled. “Everyone has a heart.”

            Those four words broke her. She was completely broken. Jessica still stood with her arm still raised at the boy’s head, yet her finger now lay beside the trigger. The two stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity until a familiar click from the door handle caught both of their attentions.

            With amazing speed, Jessica was on the other side of the room and disappearing through the window. Donghae whipped his head to face the door. A nurse with dark hair walked in with a worried expression on her face.

            “Is anything the matter?” she asked curiously. Donghae shook his head then glanced at the open window.

            “No, nothing.” he sighed in relief.

 

                                                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            The first thing Eunhyuk smelled when he gained consciousness what Donghae’s shampoo. The familiar scent was pleasant and calming. Hmm. His eyes fluttered open and he searched the room. He frowned when he realized he was in the hospital. This is dangerous.

            A soft breeze caressed his arm. To his right, Donghae slept with he head on the bed, facing him. Eunhyuk raised his arm and removed a loose lock of hair from the angel’s face. Donghae. Eunhyuk smiled weakly.

            “Donghae.” he barely breathed. It didn’t matter how quiet he was; Donghae stirred and opened his eyes for a second then closed them again. At once, he was wide-awake and stared at Eunhyuk with wide eyes.

            “Eunhyuk. You’re awake. Thank goodness. You’ve been asleep for forever. Four days!” the young man droned on. Eunhyuk raised his hand and placed a finger on Donghae’s lips.

            “Shh. Too loud. Too much.” he whispered. Donghae blushed and bit his lip.

            “I’m going to get a nurse.”

            “No.” Eunhyuk said quickly. He patted the bed for him to sit. Donghae obeyed and laid beside Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk didn’t know if he had died and gone to heaven or was if he was being teased by the devil.

            “I’m sorry.” Donghae said weakly. “I’m so sorry.”

            “Shh.” Eunhyuk soothed, caressing his lover’s hair.

            “I love you so much. I will never leave you. I promise. I will make you happy in the future.”

            “Donghae,” a tear rolled down Eunhyuk’s cheek. You’re alive. “I am happy.”

 

                                                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            “I’ll be right back. Don’t move.” Donghae warned before he bounded down the hospital hallway to buy one of the juices in the cafeteria. Eunhyuk shook his head and rolled his eyes.

            “Wasn’t planning on it.” he murmured. The room was quiet and he closed his eyes. Donghae’s smell covered his shrub and the blanket’s around. If he hadn’t seen him leave, he would have thought the boy was still there. Eunhyuk laid on the bed for a while, his eyes closed. All of a sudden another smell clouded his happy thoughts. He was surprised he hadn’t caught on to it before now. His eyes flashed open to find a pretty blonde sitting on the windowsill. Her hair in a tight ponytail.

            “I…” Eunhyuk started.

            “Shut up .” Jessica snapped then stood up to cross the room. Eunhyuk zipped his lips. He was completely relieved since Donghae was nowhere in sight; safe. The girl crossed her arm and stood beside Eunhyuk’s bed. With a huff, she sat down and crossed her legs in a lady like manner.

            “Jessi…”

            “I won’t kill you.” she said passively. Eunhyuk frowned.

            “Why?”

            “I got my money. Therefore there is no need.” Jessica shrugged and stood up to circle around to the other side of the bed.

            “You need not worry about anyone else coming after you. The man isn’t ali…” she grinned, “He isn’t a problem any more.”

            Eunhyuk felt a corner of his mouth twitch. This girl.

            “Yes, I know. Love me, blah blah blah.” she said sarcastically before tilting her head to the side seductively. Leaning towards Eunhyuk’s face she brushed their cheeks together as she reached his ear.

            “You are really attractive right now. All defenceless and vulnerable.” she cooed. Her lips moved to his cheek where she planted a soft kiss. Eunhyuk didn’t move as the girl retreated towards the door.

            “He loves you. Very much.” she said longingly.

            Eunhyuk wouldn’t allow her to see him smile and kept his composure. Jessica smirked and put on a pair of dark sunglasses before exiling the room.

 

            Donghae held two glasses of juice and hurried down the hallway, trying not to spill. Eyeing the two glasses he paid no mind to the people around. Finally glancing upward he moved to the side just in time to avoid colliding into a girl.

            “I’m sorry.” he said and looked up to see her still walking down the middle of the hall unfazed. Her blonde hair was tied in a neat ponytail. Donghae frowned. Jess… no? No way. He shook his head and resumed his adventure down the hall.

            In a second he stepped into Eunhyuk’s room and set the glass on the table.

            “The nurse said you could leave soon. A couple days or so.” Donghae grinned and drank happily from his juice then urged Eunhyuk to drink his.

           

            Eunhyuk took the cool glass in his hands and stared at the pretty colour of juice. “I won’t kill you.”, he thought. He felt the corners of his mouth turn upward.

            “Do you not like it?” Donghae frowned as Eunhuyk set the glass down.

            “Hey, it’s not that bad.” Donghae cried defensibly before being forcefully tugged toward the bed. Eunhyuk placed his lips on the others. He didn’t need the juice. It probably tasted sweeter on the lips of the young man in his arms anyway. 

            “Love you.” Eunhyuk smiled when he finally released the surprised yet happy boy. 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So so so sorry this is late. I had computer problems and sturff like that. Plus the whole meanies trying to shut the site down. 

 

Anyways. I love youuu. Comment. Subscribble. Become my lover. Saranghae <3