2 - The Captain of the Maknae Line

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You like Ji Hyo–noona!" Kwang Soo revealed.

So Min's eyes almost popped off because of shock.

She quickly ran towards Kwang Soo and covered his mouth when she realized what he just said.

"Yah oppa! You should be careful with what you say! People might believe you!"

She is really annoyed with the guy. She has celebrity neighbors so if the word gets out, she's doomed.

"Why? Isn't that the truth, oh? I know because I heard—"

"Ani hyung, you got it wrong. I was here because I wanted to confirm it." Se Chan defends himself.

"But I heard you guys talking about it. So Min went silent after you mentioned Ji Hyo–noona's name." Kwang Soo insists.

So Min is looking at them alternately— from Kwang Soo to Se Chan.

"Hyung, I was just joking that time. You really misunderstood me."

"How come I misunderstood you? I know the two of you are keeping it a secret, but can't you trust me, oh?"

"We trust you hyung, but So Min is really not—"

"Geumanharago!" So Min bursts out. She wasn't able to control herself, and fell on her knees in front of them.

Her scream got their attention. Se Chan noticed how she covers her eyes, and seconds later he can hear her sobs. He hurriedly kneeled in front of her to console her.

Kwang Soo couldn't help but feel guilty for what he has done. He slowly walked towards her direction, and asked Se Chan to move a bit so he could pick her up.

He carefully lifted her up to lead her to sit on a sofa, but she twists her body and went to sit by herself.

He follows her and kneeled in front of her.

"Mianhae So Min–ah, I and Se Chan are just worried about you. I know that you and Se Chan are closer since you and him are of the same age, and you rely with each other because you are our maknaes." He started off.

"But, do you remember what I said: 'Oppa will be here. I am the leader and the representative of the maknae line, and I will listen to your concerns or worries'? Just to let you know, that will never change So Min–ah, Se Chan–ah. I may be harsh on you on cam, but you know you can always call me for a drink or anything, right?" He subtly caress her hair.

"I admit that I am not hanging out with you that often now because I usually spend time with Sun Bin on my free time, and I know that you are also keeping your distance from me because she might misinterpret our closeness." So Min slowly lifts her head upon hearing Kwang Soo's confession.

Se Chan who's beside Kwang Soo saw her red face covered with her own tears. He reached for the napkins and handed it to her. So Min received it, but avoided having eye contact with him and Kwang Soo.

"But So Min–ah, you are family. I treat you as my yeodongsaeng. Sun Bin also feels the same way. She treats you as her unnie, I hope you know that. She also noticed that you're keeping your distance, but I told her that maybe you have personal matters going on so we both dismissed the topic about you."

"Ai— oppa! It's not like that." She said while wiping the tears on her cheeks.

"So Min–ah." Se Chan called her. She sighed before looking at him.

"You see, Kwang Soo–hyung have observed your behavior for the past weeks that we're filming— you were keeping your distance from us if there's no cameras, which you don't really do because you are always talking to us— even the staffs. Hyung told me his observation, and I agreed. If you are wondering why it's easy for me to agree with him it's because for two years working and being friends with you, I came to know your usual attitude and behavior." So Min frowns at him, but Se Chan didn't mind her facial expression and continued talking.

"However, I decided to ask you myself because I know that it'll be uncomfortable for you if both of us will confront you. When I asked you about it, you told me that it's nothing. But honestly, when you invited me for a drink, you actually told me about it when you were very drunk." Se Chan confessed.

As soon as she heard Se Chan's statement, she couldn't open to defend herself. She already knew that it's over. He already got her.

She sighs.

"Arasseo. I'll tell you what it is. But promise me one thing." She wipes her face using the tissue Se Chan gave her.

"What is it?"

"Mwoya?"

"If you think you hate me after what I'll tell you, please tell me to close my eyes, and you are already free to turn around and leave my apartment quickly, arasseo?" She raised her eyebrows to assure them that she will understand their decision.

"Arasseo." Both responded.

She inhaled deeply, and exhaled.

"Okay! I will now tell you what you want to know." She started off. "I also don't know what happened. Lately, I am keeping my distance from everybody so that no one will notice that I am avoiding one person. I know everybody were confused about my recent actions, but I too am confused even until now. I mean who wouldn't be confused—" she gulps.

"I was known to be crazy over male guests on the show. But here I am, going crazy because suddenly I realized that I like a girl." She shuts her eyes and covers her face with her palms.

Se Chan and Kwang Soo are trying their best to keep a straight face with her revelation, to not make things awkward for So Min. But they're face says otherwise— they're mouths were left open because of what she just said.

"The problem about it is that it's not just any other girl. It's Ji–Ji– Ji Hyo–unnie." She confessed as she lowers her head, and pressed her palms on her face.

Both of the guys were left dumbfounded with what she just said. So Min noticed their reaction, so she tries to bring the guys back to their senses.

"Aish! Neomu changpihae!" She wailed.

Instead of moving or talking, Kwang Soo and Se Chan stared at each other with their eyes wide open. They were stunned at her confession, and couldn't close their mouths because of shock.

"Now you know my secret, it's now up to you if you'll tell the people about me. Right now, I'm giving you 10 seconds to leave my apartment." Her voice started cracking, indicating that she's about to cry.

"I'm starting the countdown! 10!"

"9"

"8"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter