15- Unlucky So Min

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noona, it's your birthday tomorrow. Where are you going?" Ji Hyo's brother, Seong Moon asks her.

"I'm going to Jae Seok oppa's jib. It's also his birthday and Kyung Eun unnie invited us." She was spraying perfume on her neck, while his namdongsaeng sits on the edge of her bed.

Today is Jae Seok's birthday, and Kyung Eun, Jae Seok's wife, planned a surprise party for Jae Seok, wherein she contacted all his close friends and colleagues.

For this event, Ji Hyo decided to wear a casual white v-neck shirt with jeans, a cap, and a pair of white shoes. The reason for her outfit choice is that Kyung Eun advised them that it'll only be a casual event, since Jae Seok isn't really fond of formal events, except for when he does it for his shows.

"Then please send our regards to him. Keundae noona, hoksi, did you already buy a seonmul for Jae Seok hyungnim?" He asked his sister because she sometimes forgets things.

"About that, I haven't. I got so busy that I forgot." Ji Hyo faces him.

"Don't tell me you're going there empty-handed?" Seong Moon looks at her as if he's judging her.

"Ani! I'll go buy one now. Can you go with me and help me pick?" Ji Hyo gave him a pleading gaze.

"Aigoo noona mianhae. A friend invited me to play soccer with them." He stood up and walked towards the door to escape from her noona.

"Keurae? Na eottokaji?" She bites her lower lip.

"Try asking Kwang Soo hyung or Jong Kook hyung? I don't know?" He hurriedly steps out of her room before her noona forces her.

"Arasseo." Ji Hyo flops her bottom on her bed and contacts Kwang Soo.

It's still lunchtime and the party will start in the evening since Jae Seok will celebrate his day with his family first

"Oh noona?" Kwang Soo picks up the call.

"Kwang Soo–ya, neo eodiya?"

"I'm at a photoshoot. I think I'll be late later, I have to go and pick up Sun Bin later too."

"Arasseo uri love girin! Take care!" She hangs up the call, and dials Jong Kook.

"Oh Ji Hyo–ya?" Jong Kook answers the call.

"Oppa, are you at the gym chigum?" Ji Hyo could hear groaning men in the background.

"Oh keuromyo! Where do you think I should be, Ji Hyo–ya?" Jong Kook sounded as if he's in pain. Clearly, he is working out at the moment.

"In your girlfriend's jib?" She teases him.

"Ya! I still don't have one at the moment, so joke about it next time." She heard him whimper on the other line.

"Arasseo, oppa."

"Oh! Keundae, why did you call, Ji Hyo–ya?"

"Ah keugo, I'm asking if you could help me find a gift for Jae Seok–oppa's surprise saengil party later?"

"Aigoo Ji Hyo–ya, I'm still on my ab workout right now." She hears him grunt on the other line.

"Oh, arasseo oppa gomawo for picking up the phone while you're on your workout." She said sarcastically.

"Keurae Ji Hyo–ya! Let's meet later at Jae Seok hyung's house."

"Ne, please take care." She hangs up.

"Whom should I call now?" She sighs.

Her phone vibrates.

런닝맨 멤버들- Running Man Members Chat Room

돌+I Crazy (So Min): Jae Seok oppa saengil chukhahaeyo! 🎉❤️

재석의 후배 Jae Seok's Junior (Seok Jin): Saengil chukhahae nae dongsaeng, Jae Seok-i

소민의 남친 So Min's Boyfriend (Se Chan): Happy birthday Jae Seok hyungnim!!!

짐 깡패 Gym Gangster (Jong Kook): Saengil chukhahaeyo hyungnim!

로브 기린 Love Giraffe (Kwang Soo): Jae Seok hyung saengil chukhahaeyo! I'll give you something nice! 😌

앤트맨 Ant-man (Dong Hoon): Hyung saengil chukhahae! Dream and Soul greets you too 😘

레깅스 마니아 형 Leggings Lover Big Bro (Jae Seok): Kamsahabnida yaedeul–a!

레깅스 마니아 형 Leggings Lover Big Bro (Jae Seok): Joyonghi hae Lee Kwang Soo! Just pay your comedian fee and we'll be fine.

로브 기린 Love Giraffe (Kwang Soo): I'm not a comedian hyung! 🤪

레깅스 마니아 형 Leggings Lover Big Bro (Jae Seok): Seok Jin hyung I'm still your senior!

소민의 남친 So Min's Boyfriend (Se Chan): Kwang Soo hyung is my junior comedian 😅😂ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

돌+I Crazy (So Min): Sasil, Kwang Soo oppa is more on like a comedian 🤭😂 ㅋㅋㅋ

돌+I Crazy (So Min): OH!? Ji Hyo unnie sees our messages!

로브 기린 Love Giraffe (Kwang Soo): Says you who has the same character as me!

돌+I Crazy (So Min): Unnie annyeong!!!

Ji Hyo looks at So Min's message, and thinks.

레깅스 마니아 형 Leggings Lover Big Bro (Jae Seok): Kook Jong–a stop working out and go out on a date with someone!

로브 기린 Love Giraffe (Kwang Soo): Noona annyeong!

로브 기린 Love Giraffe (Kwang Soo): So Min–a neo eodiya?

돌+I Crazy (So Min): I had my spa appointment rescheduled today because of the birthday boy!

When she saw So Min's chat, she immediately dials her number, which the girl immediately answers.

"Oh? Yeoboseyo? Unnie?"

"So Min–ah, mwohae?"

"I'm at a spa unnie, how about you?"

"I'm on my way to the mall to buy a gift for Jae Seok oppa."

"Oh!? Jeodoyo! I still have to buy one."

"Jinjja? Then let's go together."

The other line went silent.

"Yeoboseyo? So Min–a?"

"Oh… oh… mianhaeyo unnie. Can you repeat what you said?"

"I said will you come with me? I'll pick you up there and we can go together at Jae Seok oppa's house." She heard So Min made a noise on the other line but she wasn't sure what the noise was.

"So Min—"

"Keurae unnie! I'll wait for you here. I'll send you my location."

"Arasseo gomawo So Min–a."

"Ne. Please take care unnie, please drive safely."

"Keurae, see you."

She hangs up the call and picks up her sunglasses for her disguise. She checks on her phone to know So Min's location. Thankfully, So Min's location is just a 20-minute drive from her location.

 

"Unnie, gomawoyo for waiting." So Min in her above the knee sundress and strapped sandals, said to Ji Hyo, who opened the door of the shotgun seat for her.

While Ji Hyo was making her way back to the driver's seat, So Min, whose heart was fluttering from Ji Hyo's 'gentleman' action, took a selca to commemorate another opportunity unlocked with her crush.

"So Min–ah, did you already wear your seatbelt?" Ji Hyo asks her as he sits on the driver's seat.

"Oh?" She tries to sound innocent so that Ji Hyo will come close to her and fix her seatbelt.

"So Min—" The valet knocks on Ji Hyo's window.

"Ma'am excuse me, but our parking lot is already full and your car isn't registered to park here." The valet informed her.

"Ah, ne! We'll be leaving now. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Kamsahabnida." She quickly starts the engine.

So Min sighs and fixes her seatbelt. Another trick has failed.

"So Min–ah, what are you going to give Jae Seok–oppa?"

"Keugae mwo… Jae Seok oppa is a simple guy so I'm thinking of giving him a designer bag?"

"So that's still simple for you?" Ji Hyo chuckles.

"I was just joking, unnie. I think I'll give him a folding chair? You know those chairs that could also transform into a bed so that he can catch some sleep when he's filming his shows."

"Oh! Majda! Oppa is also having a hard time because his daughter is turning one on the 10th month."

"Keuronikka unnie! Na Eun is so cute! I'll make sure to carry her later!"

"Nado." Her response made So Min curious.

"Unnie, hoksi…when are you planning to have a family or a baby?" So Min bravely asked. She's about to break her heart just because of a single question.

To So Min's luck, as soon as she asked the question, they were also caught up in traffic. Apparently there was a road accident, and the vehicles involved were being taken care of by the enforcers.

"Aishibal!" Ji Hyo cursed on her breath.

Although she's been asked the same question many times by the media during her interviews, for some reasons, So Min asking her the same question makes her uncomfortable.

"Oh unnie you don't have to answer the question if you don't like it." Ji Hyo sensed panic from her voice.

"Aniya So Min–ah, gwaenchanha. It's normal to ask about that since we're both women." She assures her.

"Ah ne… keundae I still get it if you won't answer my question. You have already answered them in your interviews." She said and lowered her head.

Wait—how come she knows about her interviews?

"So Min–ah, eottoke arasseo?" Her brows furrowed.

"Ah? M–mwo?" So Min realized what she said, and was nervous on how she should answer the question.

"You said I answered them in my interviews, how did you know about that?"

"Ani… keunyang— unnie we can now pass!" So Min points in front of them. Ji Hyo looks at the road and drives.

Just when she thought that Ji Hyo already forgot her question, she asks her again.

"Keurom, So Min–ah, how did you know?" Ji Hyo asked while her eyes still fixed on the road.

"Ne?" She exhales awkwardly.

"Ah ne. Keunyang, whenever I watch the news I see you always answer those questions." She forced a smile.

"Ah keurae? Arasseo. Since you answered my question, I'll answer yours." She heaves a deep breath.

"Honestly, I already planned about the right age that I will get married and have children. As much as I hate to admit this, but at some point, I planned my future family with my ex-boyfriends." She smiles bitterly. "Keundae, as time goes by, my perspective changed. I realized that I shouldn't rush getting married and having my own family."

"Keundae unnie, I'm not trying to sound offensive or something but you're pushing 40. I mean if you decide to have babies in the future, you will have a hard time." So Min bites her lips. She's so brave and strong for asking these questions.

"Keureol su itji! Keundae, you know what? I'm starting to enjoy my life chigum. Keunyang, I j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter