6- Lovesick Girl

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Saturday, and So Min woke up feeling unwell. She just remembered that she asked Ji Hyo if she wants to practice they're dance choreography together. They had a practice the other day, so she wasn't able to invite Ji Hyo for a practice yesterday because she thought that she might be tired. Also, Ji Hyo didn't respond to her offer, so she decided to ask her again today if she's up for practice together.

She sits up, ignoring the throbbing headache she has, and dials Ji Hyo's number on her phone and waits for her to answer the call.

After several rings, Ji Hyo answers the call.

"Yeoboseyo?"

So Min noticed the hoarseness of her voice, meaning she's still in bed. She forgot that 7 AM for Ji Hyo is still dawn.

"Oh, unnie joh eun achimieyo! I see that you're still asleep? Mianhaeyo for disturbing you."

It's early morning and she's imagining Ji Hyo's half-asleep face as she talks to her on the phone.

"Gwaenchanha, waeyo?"

"Unnie, do you remember I told you that we can practice together?"

"Oh? Keurae?" She mumbles.

"Are you free today? Let's practice together?"

"Hmm, oh, gaja." She murmurs.

"Unnie I'm coming over to your house."

"Oh?"

"I'll call you if I'm there."

So Min heard a hum from the other line, so she decided to hang up the call because she's sure that she's still asleep.

Meanwhile, Ji Hyo who's still asleep thought that she was talking to So Min in her dreams. She hugs the pillow beside her, and smiles.

"So Min–ah, why are you confusing me?" She mumbles.

Her phone beeps, indicating that she received a message. Still half-asleep, she got her phone and checked her inbox. It was a message from So Min.

Her eyes suddenly widened.

"Mwo!?" She hollered.

From: Jeon So Min

Unnie, is pancake fine with you? How about your family? What can I get for them?

"Ige mwoya?"

She stares at her phone, analyzing the message she received from her.

"Does it mean, I was really talking to So Min— on the phone?" She whisphers.

"And I really agreed for her to come over the house?" She exclaimed.

She springs up from her bed, and hurriedly dialed So Min's number.

"Andwae! She can't! I wouldn't let her come over!"

"So Min–ah!" She said as soon as So Min picked up the call.

"Oh, unnie? You called, are you already awake?"

"Oh, where are you?" She stood up from her bed, and found her slippers below.

"I'm on my way to buy pancakes that I will bring to you." Her eyes widened.

"Jinjja!?"

"Ne unnie!" So Min sounded confident on the other line.

"So Min–ah just stop, don't come over."

"Oh? Waeyo? I thought you already agreed today—oh! Okay arasseo unnie. Maybe you're busy today? Arasseo, I'll hung up—"

"Chamkanman!" She yells.

The other line went silent.

"Ani, I'll go there, oh? Just stay there, I'll go there!" She mindlessly blurted out.

'What did I just say? I'll go to her!? Aigoo! Soo Yeon babo!' she internally scolded herself.

She sighs.

"Jinjjayo? Keundae you just woke up, it's fine for me—"

"My parents don't like noise So Min–ssi, we can't practice here."

So Min on the other line can't hide her excitement after hearing that they could practice in her house. She's grinning from ear to ear, as well as her eyes that are shut because of happiness.

"Ah ne ne arasseo, I understand. Keuraeyo unnie. Please be safe and please don't bring anything, the foods is on me."

"So Min–ssi it's me who's coming over, so it's on me. Arachi?"

"Okay arasseo, unnie. I'll wait for you, please be safe."

"Arasseo." She said and ended the call.

 

"Unnie please enter." So Min opens the door and makes way for Ji Hyo to enter her home.

Ji Hyo was carrying some paper bags, which contained food she brought for their breakfast.

"So Min–ah I brought us breakfast." Ji Hyo raised the paper bags before placing them on the table. She also helped her unpack and prepare the foods on the table.

"Unnie, you don't really have to. I was cooking and brewing coffee for you— anja juseyo unnie."

"Gwaenchanhayo So Min–ah, I'll just arrange the food on the table."

While helping So Min, Ji Hyo also roams her eyes and inspects her place. Her place is neat and simple.

"Your place improved a lot." She compliments So Min, which made her smile shyly.

She couldn't really look at Ji Hyo for a long time because she might have caught her blushing. Hearing a compliment from your crush is seriously one of the best feelings.

"Ah keunyang, I was able to buy some stuffs to decorate here." She responds by bowing down her head, as she pretends to focus by transferring the food she's cooking on the plate.

After preparing the foods on the table, they are now sitting face to face as they consume the foods on the table. So Min was able to calm herself and initiate the conversation.

"Unnie mianhaeyo, I disturbed your sleep. It's just that you know, I just remembered that I made a promise with you. I don't want to break my promises." So Min said, staring directly at her eyes.

Ji Hyo stares back at her, but she also notices that her lips are pale. She didn't point it out for So Min to not be awkward with her.

"Gwaenchanhayo So Min–ah. Sasil, you don't really have to do this because as far as I can remember I didn't respond to you the last time." So Min seals as Ji Hyo brought up their conversation the last time.

Ji Hyo noticed So Min's reaction, and realized that her words must've embarrassed the younger girl.

"Keund

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter