8- Reflect and Imagine

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days later, So Min is in her car while her manager drives for her. She's on her way to Go Young Bae's place, the vocalist of SORAN, to co-write the lyrics for their collaboration.

"Unnie, does Yoo Jae Seok–orabeonim knows that you're going to write the lyrics with Young Bae–oppa today?" Her manager asked.

'Oh right!' So Min 'forgot' to tell Jae Seok that she's meeting with Young Bae to write the lyrics of the song.

"Majda! I forgot! I have to call orabeonim, paro!" She said and dials Jae Seok.

Jae Seok answers.

"Yeoboseyo!"

"Oh, Jeon Sobari!"

"Joh eun achimieyo orabeonim!" She greets him.

"Joh eun achim, Sobari! Keundae, why did you call?" She can hear the background noises in his background.

She can't help but smile. Jae Seok is busy.

"Ah oppa, keunyang, you remember about our collaboration with SORAN?"

"Kurom kurom! How am I supposed to forget that when it's still ongoing, Jeon Sobari!"

"Keuronikka, oppa! Keundae, I'll meet with Young Bae–oppa, oneul— sasil, I'm on my way chigum."

"Mwo!? You're going there without me!?" Jae Seok raised his voice over the phone.

"Ey! Oppa wae keuraeseyo? You can always come over!"

"Yah! Musun suriya! I have a shoot today, I can't go there!" Her eyes widened, pretending that she's shocked because her manager was observing her reactions.

'Oppa can't really come? Joha!' she thought.

"Ah jinjjayo!? Aigoo, eottokeyo oppa? The fanmeeting is near that's why I decided to write the lyrics today." She continues to act sad about it.

"Aish! At least tell me in advance if you're going to meet them. Aish! Neo jeongmal jinjja, Jeon Sobari!" Jae Seok sounded annoyed with her.

'Eottokeyo? Is Jae Seok–oppa mad at me now?'

"Oppa geokchonghajimaseyo, just finish your shoot today, the lyrics will be done on time. Kurigo, you know me?" She tries to appeal to him.

"Majayo! I know you so well! I also know that you will write whatever you have in your mind!"

"Majayo oppa!"

"And those ideas you have are sometimes not appropriate for TV!"

"Ai—oppa!" She whines at what he said.

"Yah! Jeon Sobari! They're going to film and air the fanmeeting, arachi!?"

"Keuromyo oppa!"

"Aish! Micheonabwa!"

"Oppa—"

Jae Seok sighs on the other line.

"Arasseo! It's as if I can cancel my shoot today! Keurom So Min–ah, take charge of the lyrics. Keundae, Jeon Sobari jebal! Don't be too provocative, arasseo!?"

"Jinjjayo!?"

"Hmmm! Just promise me that your lyrics will be for Rated 12!"

"Arasseo oppa! Kamsahabnida!"

"Aish! Arasseo, I'll get going then!"

"Annyeong!" The call ended as So Min planned.

Her manager glanced at her through the rearview mirror, and saw her smirking.

"Unnie, kapchagi why are you happy? You were just sad awhile ago—"

"Is it so obvious?" She cuts her off.

"Keuromyo! You're smiling from ear to ear, chigum! Waeyo? Why are you happy that Jae Seok–orabeonim couldn't meet with you to write lyrics?" Her manager glances at her.

"Oppa will give me an earful if he's with us today. I have to write the lyrics!" She said, overflowing with greed.


 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" She arrives at Young Bae's place. Young Bae leads her to be seated on a sofa.

"So Min–ah, what do you want? Coffee, tea or juice?"

"Oppa I'm fine with coffee, I still feel sleepy."

"Hot or cold?"

"I'm craving for hot coffee, oppa."

"Oh? Arasseo, I'll make a hot coffee for you, jamsimanyo." Young Bae went to the kitchen to prepare her coffee.

"So Min–ah!" He shouts from the kitchen.

"Ne?" She replied.

"I have a chocolate cake here, do you want some?"

"Jinjjayo? Arasseo, oppa I'll eat that cake you'll serve. Kamsahabnida!"

After preparing the food, Young Bae comes back with a tray that has her cup of coffee and a piece of cake, and places it on the coffee table in front of the sofa where So Min is sitting.

"Yeogiyo, your coffee and cake. Please enjoy it." Young Bae said as he sits down beside her.

"Jal meoggessseubnida!" She takes the cup of coffee and sips on it.

"Keundae So Min–ah, why isn't Jae Seok–hyungnim not here? Didn't you inform him that we're meeting today for the lyrics?" Young Bae curiously asked her.

"About that, I actually forgot about it and my manager told me about it, that's why I called him earlier. Keundae, he said he has to decline because he has a shoot today." She said in all seriousness.

"Oh keurokuna? Eottokeyo? Are we the only ones who are going to write the lyrics?"

"Ne! Oppa said that he's going to check them to make sure that I'm not going to cause any trouble." Young Bae chuckles at what the girl said.

"Jinjjayo? Jae Seok–hyungnim warned you already?" He jokes.

"Ai—oppa! Keuge anida, I'm writing these lyrics seriously! Na jinjja, I will really base it on my feelings and experience."

"Oh keurae? Isn't that scary?"

"Ah waeyo oppa?"

"You writing about your feelings and experience they might be—"

"Aniya oppa, aniya!" She creates a cross using her hands.

"Arasseo, just make sure that it is appropriate for ages 12 years old."

"Ya! Ige isanghae? Jae Seok–oppa told me that earlier when I called him, am I that liberated to you?"

"Aniya So Min–ah! Your ideas are amazing, but sometimes they're too blunt and explicit."

"Ya, oppa!"

"Jinjjayo! Your brain works fast when you're writing, to the point that you become immersed and you can't help to be honest and expose yourself."

"Arasseo oppa, please guide me later. Help me, in terms of the things that I need to add, remove or replace."

"Keurom! But since we're already on the subject, it is really best if our concept and lyrics appeal to the emotions of the audience."

"Arasseo oppa, I have already thought of that but I think it's not yet enough."

"Ah jinjja? Arasseo, we'll work on it today. Keundae, did you bring a pen and paper?"

"Ne, keuromyo! I love writing on papers." She said and got her notebook and pen in her backpack, beside her.

"Wow you have a nice notebook!" Young Bae compliments her.

"Jinjjayo? I designed it, oppa!"

"Keurae? Joha! Keundae, chamkaman, I have to call our band members so that we could already create the melody after you write the lyrics. Ildan, you may start already."

"Arasseo, oppa. Gomawoyo!" Young Bae left her to call his band mates.

As soon as he left, So Min started racking her brain for the things that she wanted to express through the lyrics of their song. Minutes have passed, but she's just staring in the air, as she's suddenly lost her ideas.

"Eottokeyo? I suddenly lost everything that I wanted to write." She mumbles.

"You just have to reflect and write, So Min–a." Young Bae suddenly spoke, which surprised her.

So Min wasn't aware that he already came back, and he even heard her talking to herself.

"Oppa—"

"So Min–a, writing lyrics is just like writing poems, you just have to tell a story. I have read the poems you post on your SNS, and I have always been amazed by them because they tell a story." He cuts her off, and sits down beside her.

"Jinjjayo? You like the poems I've written?"

"Keurom! I also know that you'll do well today. You just have to use your imagination and reflect on your experiences. I bet you'll write a meaningful lyrics to the song."

"Kamsahabnida oppa, I was full of ideas for the lyrics but suddenly I became lost." She said and sips on her coffee.

"It happens most of the time. Keundae, I want to know what concept or theme do you want for the song? I might be able to help you."

"I've been thinking about this lately oppa, I wanted to write a 'gobaek' song. A confession song that will help those people to confess their feelings to the person they like." So Min explained.

"Jinjjayo? I think that is a great concept! It's like our song can cheer up and give confidence to those who want to confess their feelings to their crushes." Young Bae agrees with her.

"Majayo oppa!" So Min smiles confidently.

Young Bae noticed her expression, so he wants to .

"Keundae So Min–ah, are you included to 'those' people?" Young Bae asked, putting an emphasis to the word those.

"Ai—oppa, musun surieyo? Keuge aniya—"

"So Min–ah geokchonghajima, whatever it is that you don't want to tell me, I respect that. I won't force you to tell me anything, but I would encourage you to use that in writing your lyrics."

"Ey oppa! If I write it in my lyrics you'll know abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter