30- I Choose You (END)

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How are you feeling, So Min–a?" Ji Hyo parked a few meters away in front of So Min's apartment.

"I feel better, unnie. Thank you so much." Indeed, So Min feels better after they tell the other guys about their relationship. However, she's still bothered about her brother's reaction. Is he really mad at her? Is he really against her, dating Ji Hyo?

"Hmm? But you don't look like it. Do you want to tell me something that's bothering you? You see, I'm not used to your low energy." Ji Hyo said while examining her face.

"I'm sorry, unnie if I make you feel that way. It's just... I'm wary and I'm also cautious. I don't want to ruin things for us." She pursed her lips and breathed deeply.

"Arasseo. But just so you know, I can sense that there's something bothering you."

"There's nothing to worry for you for now, unnie." She stared at her in the eyes. Ji Hyo equally stared at her, and it was the kind of stare that she finds comforting.

So Min leaned closer to her, and using her left hand, she cupped her face and caressed her cheek. Ji Hyo tilted her neck to feel her palms that's on her cheek. She pursed her lips as she admires the person in front of her.

"Unnie, thank you so much for today. I have no regrets that I confessed my feelings to you. Thank you for reciprocating my feelings." She said with utmost sincerity while looking into her eyes.

"If you're thankful that I reciprocate your feelings, then, I, too, am thankful. You're the greatest person I've ever met, So Min–a. You always make me happy and energized, and that's something I'm thankful for." So Min blushed upon hearing her words. She retrieved her hand, and lowered her head to avoid her gaze.

"I'll pretend I didn't see anything red on your cheek." Ji Hyo smirked and chuckled while looking at the shy girl.

"Unnie, I think I need to get going. You, too, need to sleep, bye." So Min rapped her words and leaned quickly towards her and stole a kiss on her lips before going out and ran away.

Ji Hyo couldn't control her facial muscles, thus, the smile on her face didn't fade away even when she had already arrived in their home.

Seong Moon was on the veranda sipping his hot tea when he saw her car arriving. He put his cup down and went to open the gate for her. After closing the gate, he went back to his position and saw his noona approaching.

As she came near, Seong Moon was able to see her face. He saw her smiling, which for him makes her look like a fool.

"Noona?" He called her. Ji Hyo looked at him and was trying to keep a normal expression, but she couldn't hide her smile.

"You're not drunk, right?" He frowned at her.

"No, I'm not. Why did you ask?" She asked as she freed her arms in the air.

Seong Moon stood up and approached her. He suddenly reached for her cheek and pinched it hard, making her scream.

"Ahhh!" As soon as she opened , Seong Moon immediately leaned towards and sniffed. Ji Hyo paused to look at him as she was caught off guard by his sudden action. She tilted her head and frowned.

"Your breath stinks, but it doesn't reek of alcohol." Ji Hyo glared at her and balled her fist and gave him a good punch on his shoulder. Seong Moon was surprised that she only did it once, on his shoulder.

Ji Hyo raised an eyebrow on him.

"I'm drunk in happiness." She said and gave him a mocking smirk before leaving him confused.

"She's being weird these days." He muttered while following her with his stare.
     
  
     
    
So Min's phone rang one September night, while she's already in her deep slumber. Her phone didn't stop ringing, so she just answered the phone and put it near her ear.

"So Min–a, where are you now?" With closed eyes, her brows narrowed after hearing a familiar manly voice spoke over the phone.

"Sung Hoon oppa?"

"Naya, why? Did you delete my phone number?" The other line sounded annoyed, which made her open her eyes.

"Aniya! It's just that I haven't heard about you for the past few days."

"Yah! I'm the one who should be mad at you! You're not calling me anymore. You rarely respond to my messages. Why? Do you have a boyfriend now? And correction, it's a month." He nagged at her through the phone.

"Mianhaeyo, oppa. I was busy preparing and practicing for our fan meeting. You know, for Running Man. You didn't come too. I sang and danced there. I should be upset with you too, you know." She said in an upset tone to stop him from interrogating her more.

"Aish! Then come over tomorrow, then we'll call it quits."

"Oh? What do you have tomorrow?"

"We'll just catch up. Ji In wants to hang out with us."

"Omo! I'm afraid I can't come."

"Why? Do you have other events to attend to?"
 
"I think… yes?"

"Are you lying to me? Yah! Just say the truth, So Min–a."

"Ani–oppa—"

"We haven't met each other for months now because of our individual schedules. It's been weeks since you concluded your fan meeting, can't you really make time and come?"

"Oppa, you see…"

"Okay, I get it you won't come. Bye—"

"Chamkanman! I'll try to go. I'll check my schedule. I'll tell you tomorrow morning if I can go or not."

"Arasseo. But regardless of your decision we'll come. Bye, you sleep now!"

So Min sighed as soon as the phone call with Sung Hoon ended. Honestly, she doesn't have anything to do tomorrow. She's just waiting for someone to call her and invite her for a date tomorrow.
  
 

    
"Unnie, do you have a schedule tomorrow?" So Min asked her while they're on their break during filming.

"Me? Eopseo." She responded while checking something on her phone.
  
  
   
"Okay, so I'm waiting until 12 AM for her call." She said and looked at the clock—there's only an hour before the deadline she set.

She couldn't sleep, so she decided to wait for Ji Hyo's message or call. She scrolled to her IG to check for her notifications and her fans' messages. She wasn't able to notice the time and  fell asleep.

She woke up with her phone ringing and vibrating. She answered it without checking the caller ID.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"So Min–a, are you at home?" She recognized the caller's voice and it was her friend Song Ji In, an actress whom she became friends with after she worked with her in the KBS Drama special 'Review Notebook of My Embarrassing Days.'

"Ne…" The other line could sense that she was still half-asleep.

"So Min–a, are you still asleep? Can't you let me in? It's an emergency." As soon as she heard those words from her friend she immediately opened her eyes.

"Mworagoyo, unnie? Waeyo? What happened? What emergency?" She quickly sat down.

"I'm outside your door. Can't you let me in?"

"You are here? Wait!" She hurriedly grabbed her robe and wore her slipper then went to the front door to open the door for her friend.

"So Min–a, I have nowhere to go." Ji In told her as soon as she opened her door.

"Why? What's wrong, unnie?" She made way for her to enter her home. She also went to her kitchen to grab a glass of water for her.

"Ildan, you should dress up." Ji In suddenly told her.

"Wae? Kapchagi?"

"We need to go to that place." Clueless and worried about her friend, she went to her dresser to dress up.

"Dress warmly. You don't want to catch a cold." Ji In yelled from outside her room's door.

"Unnie, where are we going?" She asked her as soon as she's done dressing up.

"To that place." Ji In gave her a vague response, which made her even more confused.

"Where's that place?"

"You'll know. I can't believe she did that to us." Ji In huffed.

"Why aren't you telling me while we're here, unnie?" She confronted her. Ji In was surprised with her question, but she tried to calm down.

"Because I'm not yet sure about it. Somebody just told me about it." So Min calmed down, while Ji In took it as a sign that she wasn't wad. She grabbed her hand and pulled her. So Min locked her place first before letting Ji In drag her.

When they reached the parking lot, they were approaching an unfamiliar van. Ji In opened the van's door.

"Surprise!"

"Wait—what's happening?" So Min frowned, and turned to Ji In. She saw Sung Hoon and actor Oh Dong Min sitting inside the car.

So Min was so serious, so her friends became anxious of what Ji In's alibi for her to come. Sung Hoon sensed that Ji In must've said an excuse that's too serious, so he decided to step in.

"So Min–a, mianhae. Please get in first."

"What's the surprise? I thought there's an emergency? What's the emergency?" So Min asked looking everyone in their eyes while she got in the van.

Sung Hoon's eyes directed to Ji In, and Ji In shrugged while wrying her lips.

"What did Ji In tell you?" Sung Hoon asked her.

"Unnie said she has nowhere to run. That there's an emergency. What's the emergency?" So Min asked with her eyes all puffed up.

"You see, she just woke up—" Ji In was about to explain when their friends cutted her off.

"What!?"

"Wait—based on your reactions…" Ji In avoided her gaze, so she shook her head.

"There's no emergency, right?" So Min raised an eyebrow.

"So Min–a mianhae—"

"You could've told me about it, unnie. Why do you have to lie to me?" She was annoyed not because they woke her up, but because they lied to her. They could've told her, and she could come with them in her own will.

"Oh no! She just woke her up, and it seems that she did not wake up on the right side of her bed." Dong Min whispered.

"I'm sorry, So Min–a. I—we just missed you so much. We're just afraid that you're going to decline our invitation." Ji In lowered her head.

"So, what if I declined? Can't we reschedule it?" So Min couldn't control her emotions because it's early in the morning, and her friends were right—she didn't wake up on the right side of her bed.

"We've been rescheduling it since last month because you said you were busy with the preparation and the rehearsals." Sung Hoon butted in.

"We thought that you would call us and invite us after the fan meeting. But days turned into weeks, weeks turned into a month but we didn't hear anything from you." Ji In explained, which opened So Min's mind.

She suddenly felt guilty for how she acted. They're right. She didn't call them. But it's not because she didn't want to, but because of her schedule and of course she wants to spend more time with Ji Hyo, whom she's dating now for a month. A month where her friends are also waiting for an update from and about her.

"Oppa, unnie, Dong Min–a, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for acting like that. The truth is I miss you too. I'm sorry I didn't call nor messaged you. Arasseo, I'm coming." She lowered her head.

"If you feel burdened to come with us, it's fine. You may go back to your apartment. Maybe we can reschedule it next time." sung Hoon said that made her lift her head instantly.

"Ai—oppa! I'm coming. I'm sorry."

After much fuss, they finally hit the road. Little did they know, a pair of eyes had been watching them since a while ago.
         
       
     
   
"Where are we heading to, oppa?" So Min asked.

"We're going on a road trip!" Ji In responded on behalf of Sung Hoon.

"Jinjjayo? Until what time?" So Min asked, which come off negatively.

"Yah! Can't you act excited at least?" Ji In nudged her.

"So Min–i doesn't want to hang out with us anymore." Dong Min said.

"Aniya, I was just asking—" Ji In cutted her off.

"Your schedule is clear for today. That's what your manager told us. Unless…"

"Unless?" Her brows furrowed.

"You have other plans, of course." Ji In rolled her eyes.

"Tell us So Min–a, don't you want to be friends with us anymore?" Dong Min looked at her with a pitiful face, trying to appeal to her conscience.

"Yah! What kind of question is that? I will always be your friend." So Min pouted.

"Then why are you trying to ditch our plans for today?" Dong Min questioned her while raising an eyebrow.

"It's because I…" she sighed.

"You what?"

"I was waiting for my schedule. You know, maybe a call from a director casting me in a drama." She said as an excused.

"But you can always pick it up even when we're together." Sung Hoon butted in.

"I know, that's why I'm sorry. I'm sorry if it seems to you that I'm avoiding you all." She lowered her head.

"Aish! Arasseo! At least we are able to kidnap her." Ji In said.

"And now that you are kidnapped by us, we can exercise full authority. Guys, get her phone!" Her eyes widened with what Ji In said.

"What!?" She exclaimed.

Dong Min, who was sitting at the back, immediately stood up from his seat and snatched her phone, before she even tried to hide it.

"Why are you doing this?" She stood up and glared at Dong Min.

"Because we will focus on the trip." Ji In responded.

"How about your phones?" So Min looked at her.

"Ji In confiscated them too." Dong Min said, making So Min sigh in defeat.

"Here we are at our first destination." Sung Hoon announced.

"A rest stop?" So Min looked outside the tinted window.

"Yes. I know we'll be hungry after the long ride, so here we are." Ji In explained.

"This place has a lot of stalls that sell delicious foods so what are we waiting for?"

"Gaja!" The two guys replied with enthusiasm.
   
  
   
   
"So, So Min–a, how was the fan meeting?" Sung Hoon initiated the conversation.

"It must be really tiring. She didn't talk to us for a month because she was busy preparing, right So Min?" Dong Min .

"Yah! I already said sorry." So Min nudged him as they were sitting together, while Ji In and Sung Hoon were seated in front of them.

"And I was kidding. Now tell us more about that experience."

"Well, it was tiring when we were practicing. You see, we got a lot of performances. We needed to practice hard so that we can master all the steps and the songs." She recalled the experience she had during the preparation for the fan meeting.

"You sent me a message about the song that you composed—wait, did you really composed it?" Ji In got her phone and searched for the lyrics of the song So Min sent her.

"Keuromyo! Young Bae oppa, the band vocalist of SORAN, helped me." She proudly said.

"The song was great! But I have to agree about the lyrics—" Sung Hoon was cutted off by Ji In, who already found the lyrics of the song So Min sent her.

"Yah! Jeon So Min what's that all about? I know that you dedicate that song to someone, so who is he?" Ji In leaned in with her eyes widened, excited for the juicy information she'll get from her.

"What? That was just a song!" So Min said, which disappointed her.

"Oh you won't admit? Arasseo, I'll play the song in the van later. I'll make sure you'll admit it." She raised and pointed the fork at her.
  
   
  
They finally finished their food and all of them came back to the van. Ji In searched for So Min's song when they finally hit the road again. Ji In played 'Confession of Your Love' on the car's speaker. And all of them were paying attention to the song, especially to its lyrics.

"So what's with that snack thing?" Ji In began her investigation.

"It's part of the lyrics?" So Min shrugged, pretending that it's nothing.

"Oh come on! I know there's a story behind that!" Ji In was squinting her eyes as she leaned in forward to investigate her facial expressions.

"Unnie, I told you, I and Young Bae oppa collaborated to write the lyrics." She faked a chuckle.

"Same here. I still don't believe you! Tell us about it." Dong Min challenged her.

"Yah! Ji In–

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter