20- Hidden Feelings Should Remain Hidden

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's their last filming day before the fanmeeting. So Min, as usual, came early. However, she doesn't expect Ji Hyo to arrive before her. They were filming at a café, when she saw Ji Hyo casually chilling and sipping her coffee.

"So Min–a, joh eun achim." Ji Hyo stood up from a chair to greet her.

"Joh eun achimieyo." She said whispering whilst bowing at the older sister.

"Have you gotten a good sleep? You look tired?" Ji Hyo went to her to examine her face. So Min felt flustered as Ji Hyo was standing so close in front of her. So Min hasn't moved on from her yet, so she needs to keep distance.

"Ah! Ah! I still don't have make-up!" She yelped. Ji Hyo's eyes widened and stepped back to give her space.

"Arasseo, you can go that way. That's the way to our waiting room." She chuckled and pointed at a room in a hallway.

"Did I scare her?" Ji Hyo asked herself quietly.



 


"Hello, welcome to Running Man. Today, six couples will be competing in the couple race." The PD announced the theme of today's race to the female guests and members.

So Min got into her character and clapped her hands.

"Wow! There are no male guests today! Yes, I'm so excited!" She looks at the other female guests, but she can't avoid staring at the woman sitting at the far end.

"So everyone will clearly stamp your face on the cushions in front of you." The PD further instructed them.

So Min was the first one to stamp her face on the cushion. She puts a lot of powder on her face to produce a clear stamp of her face. When she was already done applying powder, she squashed her entire face on the cushion.

"Oh! Eottoke!?" A female guest gasped, earning the attention of Ji Hyo who was applying powder on her face. Ji Hyo quickly turned her head, and stood up to check on So Min.

"So Min that was too much." So Min's cushion moved. Ji Hyo was ready to dash towards her, but the guest seated next to her already pulled the cushion to assist So Min.

 

   


After the female guests and members did their task, the production crew already asked So Min and Ji Hyo to proceed in front of the venue to shoot for the opening.

"Saengil chukhahabnida! Saengil chukhahahabnida! Saranghanun Haha hyung! Saengil chukhahahabnida!"

The two maknae members, including Jae Seok, were singing a birthday song for Haha, who's celebrating his birthday. Seok Jin also arrived.

"Stand in the center!" Se Chan pushed his Haha hyung to the center.

"Kamsahabnida!" Haha bowed to show his gratitude.

"Saengil chukhahahabnida!" So Min then entered while running from the right. She stops midway to bow at Haha to greet him.

"Oppa saengil chukhahahabnida!" Ji Hyo also jogged from the left.

"Oh! Where did you come from?" Se Chan noticed that both ladies came out from the opposite direction, when in fact they were in the same venue.

"Everyone came all of a sudden."

"Ji Hyo–ya!" Jae Seok called Ji Hyo's attention. "Do you want only your left shoulder to hurt?"

Ji Hyo was wearing an off shoulder, with only the left side being exposed. She playfully leans to the other side to show off her left shoulder.

"Do you want your shoulder to hurt?" Jae Seok nagged at her.

"It's already red." Kwang Soo pointed at her shoulder, which Jae Seok seconded. So Min was concerned about Ji Hyo so she secretly peeked at her. She was trying to see if her left shoulder was really red.

"I should put on sunscreen here." Ji Hyo touches her shoulder using her index finger.

"Did you apply sunscreen there?"

"Oh!" Kwang Soo exclaimed.

"I'm going to."

"It's been so long since I saw a BCG vaccine mark." Kwang Soo said aloud, framing her noona again, which made her laugh.

"Yah!" She swats his hands.

"I didn't mean anything bad." Kwang Soo defended himself, looking at Jae Seok.

"Geumanhae!"

"Depending on the BCG vaccine mark, we can figure out when you were born." Jae Seok said.

"Keucho! It's like having a barcode." Kwang Soo agreed.

"People who were born in 1981 would have this." Ji Hyo continuously exposed her BCG vaccinated shoulder.

Jong Kook makes his entrance, causing the members to pay attention to him.

"It's bright." So Min made a comment as soon as she saw his outfit.

"Look at Jong Kook's outfit!"

"You dressed up today."

"This isn't dressing up." Jong Kook denied their comments about his clothes.

"You're dressing up these days."

"This?"

"Yah! You've changed a bit now!" Jae Seok told him off jokingly.

"Naega?"

"Your outfit, I mean."

"He matched the colors even." Kwang Soo noticed and pointed at his shoes. Jong Kook was wearing a bright neon orange shirt, matching his neon orange shoes.

"This just means that my stylist has been working." Jong Kook said.

"Jong Kook hyung won't be in a car accident at least." Se Chan uttered.

They continued chatting about their outfits from the Jakarta fanmeeting. The PD also showed the sample shirts that Jae Seok designed as a souvenir for their fans in the upcoming fanmeeting in Korea.

"We have one more T-shirt." Chul Min PD said, and handed the shirt to Jae Seok.

"What is that?" Jong Kook spreads out the shirt, only to find out it was Haha in his younger days in 'The Gang', his first hip hop album.

Haha felt embarrassed and started approaching the members who were holding some merchandise of 'The Gang', to hide them.

"All the employees from Quan entertainment sent us an email and made this very special request." The PD revealed.

They started teasing him, by reading the contents of the tape. The younger members expressed how cringeful his letter was.

"Cha! We'll listen to the title track of "The Gang." The PD announced making Haha go wild.

"Yah!" Haha yelled as his protest.

"Play the music!"

The song started playing, and the staffs also showed the lyrics of the song, written in a long paper. Haha went crazy finding the audio engineer everywhere. He even covered Jong Kook's ears. When he saw the lyrics, he quickly stole the paper and tore them apart, which made the other members laugh at his craziness.

"Geuman! Geuman!" He yelled with all his might. He climbed up the stairs towards the huge speaker in front of the café and hit it.

"Kkeo! Jebal!" He continuously yelled, while Jae Seok continued reading the contents of the tape.

"How am I supposed to film the show with this mood?" He complained.

"Just keep your mouth shut and go home!" Jae Seok jokingly advised, making Haha lower his head.

"Cha! Oneuleun, as you can see from the set next to you, will be a couple race. There will be six couples in all." The members clapped their hands, as soon as they heard that they will be having a couple race.

"Four female guests who will be your partners along with Song Ji Hyo and Jeon So Min are waiting in the back now."

"Ah, keuraeyo?"

"Before we bring them in, you'll use a special method to choose your partners."

"Eottokeyo?"

"Bring in the table." The staffs brought in two long tables with six cushions on top of it.

"What's that?"

"Their faces?"

"They stamped their faces."

"We'll have to choose from this."

"You will choose the cushion you like and stand behind the cushion. If there is one more person behind a cushion, the female member will choose. If the female guest likes the male member, they'll partner up. The members who were rejected will be on the waitlist." After the PD stated the rules, the male members began inspecting the faces on the cushions. They started making guesses and inferences about the owners of the stamped faces.

"Didn't this person apply lipstick afterward?" Jae Seok noticed the face of cushion number 2.

"The lips are too red."

"That's a strong color." Jong Kook muttered.

"Chamkanman, Ji Hyo noona is wearing red lipstick today! Let's avoid this one!" Se Chan pointed at Ji Hyo.

"Ji Hyo and So Min's are here too."

"I really can't tell who they are by their marks." Jae Seok gave up.

"Let's take turns to pick!" Jae Seok started off.

Jong Kook chose number 1, Haha chose number 4, Jae Seok chose number 5, Seok Jin number 3, and Se Chan and Kwang Soo fought over cushion number 6.

When Se Chan and Kwang Soo were stating their picks, Ji Hyo moved towards So Min, who welcomed her with a warm smile. Ji Hyo placed her hand on So Min's shoulder, and was surprised when she felt So Min's right hand on her waist.

"Do you know which one is yours?" Seok Jin interrupted the girls, asking them a question.

"Yes, we know." At this point, So Min and Ji Hyo were practically hugging each other.

So Min suddenly realized that she's still moving on so she let go of her and kept her hands hidden behind her back. Ji Hyo also felt the sudden awkwardness between them, so she also let her be and placed both her hands forward.

They welcomed the owner of the first cushion, who turned out to be Sunny of Girl's Generation. She was Jong Kook's pick. Kim Ye Won was also revealed as the second female guest who wasn't picked by the male members.

Haha suggested that Ji Hyo and So Min should go inside the set to make the situation more thrilling and exciting.

Seok Jin, who chose cushion number 3, was very disappointed after finding out the owner of the face— it was Song Ji Hyo. He threw the cushion away as an expression of his disappointment.

"If you refuse, you'll get tossed around!" Jong Kook gave his Seok Jin hyung a reality check.

"It looks like his nose." Ji Hyo pertained to her face stamp on her cushion.

"I didn't know it was her." Seok Jin said.

After making a fuss about it, Ji Hyo accepted Seok Jin as her partner. Haha's pick, number 4 came out and turned out to be Sun Mi. Sun Mi rejected him, leaving Haha with no partner on his birthday.

Finally, the owners of cushion number 5 and 6 are set to come out. It was revealed that the owner of cushion number 5 is Jang Yewon, who refused Jae Seok; and So Min, who owned cushion number 6.

Kwang Soo and Se Chan couldn't hide their disappointment as they were being hopeful to be paired with a guest. Se Chan even kicked the cushion to express his disappointment, of course only for the show. They had to follow So Min's demands to avoid being partners with her. So Min made the guys sing a love Song.

Since she still couldn't decide, she asked them to play rock papers and scissors, where Se Chan won. Se Chan was about to celebrate his victory, but he suddenly remembered that winning means being partners with So Min for the entire day.

'I'm doomed!' Se Chan thought. This will be a long day to endure the agony of not going too close with Jeon So Min. He's not obliged to do so, but it's better safe than sorry. He's doing this for his friend, for So Min.

The rest of the members were paired up with the guest, Jae Seok with Kim Ye Won, Kwang Soo with Sun Mi, and Haha with Jang Ye Won. While the staffs were taking out the props, So Min was teasing Se Chan.

"Je isanghyeongieyo." She suddenly told him that he is her 'ideal type', while grabbing the hem of his left arm sleeves.

To So Min, it was just a funny joke between friends. However, Se Chan's heart almost dropped because of what she said.

'How could she make an insensitive joke?'

"Yah! Geumanhaera!" He grabbed her shoulders and shook her, while both of them were laughing.

"It's what Sunny said: Isa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter