17- Happy Birthday pt.2

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa, where have you been?" Ji Hyo asked Jae Seok who was dragging Kwang Soo with him.

"Yah! Hyung! I thought you already quit smoking?" Jong Kook gave him a look of suspicion.

"Aniya! We were trying to contact Yang Se Chan. I followed Kwang Soo outside because he said it's noisy in here." Kwang Soo just nodded on Jae Seok's reasons.

Honestly, Kwang Soo doesn't want to be suspected or interrogated because he's so tired of it. He's so tired of always being questioned on Running Man. So right now, he'll take the chance to remain silent.

"Kwang Soo–ya, why are you so silent? Is there something wrong?" Ji Hyo asked him with much concern.

"Nothing noona. I am just worried about Sun Bin." He used his acting skills to deceive them.

"Waeyo Kwang Soo–ya? Is Sun Bin sick?" Seok Jin asked him.

"Yah! Lee Kwang Soo are you not taking care of your girlfriend?" Haha joined their conversation after coming back from the restaurant's kitchen.

"Anieyo. I just miss her that's why I'm worried if she's just—"

He was cutted of while talking when the other guys threw paper napkins at him. He also picked up some and threw the napkins at them. However, one man was just staring at them, ready to devour them with his small but deadly stare.

"Yah! Look at Jong Kook–i! You're wasting the paper napkins!" Jae Seok, who joined the paper napkin fight, warned them.

"Hyung joiseongheyo! Jinjja joiseongheyo!"

"Yah! Ji Hyo is celebrating her birthday in our restaurant today, and you're being annoying! Dong Hoon–a, I'm disappointed." He stood up and left them.

Dong Hoon raised his head after Jong Kook's scolding. He excused himself and followed him. He has to do something or else he will really be an invisible man just like what happened in the past when he betrayed him.

"Jae Seok oppa!" Ji Hyo called Jae Seok who was busy with his phone.

"Ne Ji Hyo–ya?" He put his phone down, on the table, and looked at her.

"So Min–i and Se Chan–i aren't here yet, are they coming?" Kwang Soo sensed that Ji Hyo sounded impatient with the way she asked the question, but he chose to ignore and to avoid giving meaning to it.

"They're coming but I don't know what time Ji Hyo–ya." Jae Seok nudged Kwang Soo's foot below, but he also ignored him.

"It seems that they like doing things together." With her comment that's full of sarcasm, Ji Hyo stood up and left their table to entertain other visitors.

Jae Seok once again nudged Kwang Soo and gave him a meaningful look. Minutes later, Ji Hyo's birthday party started.

"Thank you everyone for celebrating my birthday with me. I am very happy to see you all here. As much as I hate aging every year because my body also ages, and that I couldn't actively do the things I used to do, I also realized that I can't do anything about it. Maybe I'll just enjoy the years ahead of me? Anyways, I will not take more time for a speech. Please enjoy yourselves and have a great time, here in Haha and Jong Kook's 401 restaurant!" Ji Hyo passed the microphone to Haha, who was hosting the event.

"Yah! Why are you suddenly doing PPL?" Haha said and raised his thumb a sign that he's on PPL mode.

"Anyways, to our Cheon Seong Im, Cheon Soo Yeon, in the person of Song Ji Hyo, we love you and we will always support you. Your Mapogu brother and sheriff will do his best to protect you! Song Ji Hyo–ssi, saengil chukhahabnida!" Haha encouraged everyone to sing the birthday song, which the crowd obeyed.

While they were singing, a man holding a cake appeared on the stage, which made everyone clap their hands. Following the man, is also a woman and another man carrying a cake.

"Yah! Seong Moon–a, our princess, Jong Kook oppa!" The three approached her while carrying their cakes. The three cakes formed "송", "지" and "효", her stage name.

"Unnie surprise! I just came here because Jong Kook oppa called me and told me about this event. I love you and I wish you everything, especially love. Saengil chukhahaeyo!" So that explains why her yeodongsaeng was rooting for Jong Kook for her when they were talking a while ago.

"Noona, saengil chukhahaeyo! I drove this girl here. I wish for your wishes to be granted. I love you." He said the last line without the microphone, which made his two sisters laugh.

"Ja! Jong Kook–ssi your message for Ji Hyo." Haha , which the crowd joined in and cheered for him.

Jong Kook shook his head and clenched his jaw. He pointed at Haha, who turned his head to avoid his death glare.

"Ji Hyo–ya, saengil chukhahae. I hope you continue to stay strong and healthy, despite your busy schedule. Thank you for doing your best. And just like your family, I wish you everything that you wish for too." Haha was biting his fingernails to suppress his laughter. As a fan of Kkookie and Mongji loveline, his heart is also fluttering.

"Okay! Now we will light up the candles, and Ji Hyo–ssi please make a wish before blowing the candles."

Ji Hyo walked in front of the cakes and made her wish in her head then blew her candles. The crowd sang a round of birthday song and clapped their hands.

"Saengil chukhahae Cheon Seong Im–ssi!"

"Ne kamsahabnida Ha Dong Hoon–ssi! Ja! It's time for dinner, please satisfy yourselves. For those of you who want to drink, please feel free to go to B Bar for the after-party. Drinks are on me. Thank you so much!" She bowed down to express her gratitude and respect.


 

       
"Our maknae, tell unnie what you want, I'll get it for you." She was hugging her sister while both of them were stepping down the stage.

"Unnie, it's your birthday today. How come you'll get me something? You stay on your seat or check your guests, because I and Seong Moon oppa will get you your food, arasseo?"

"Ne, unnie!" Ji Hyo lets go of her sister and goes from one table to another.

Meanwhile, on the Running Man members' table, Jae Seok was nagging Kwang Soo about So Min and Se Chan.

"Hyung, what do you want me to do? Fetch them?" Kwang Soo was already annoyed because Jae Seok was asking for an update every minute.

"Call them again." He commanded him. Kwang Soo had no choice but to dial Se Chan again.

"Ji Hyo unnie! Saengil chukhahahabnida!" Hong Jin Young stood up to greet Ji Hyo as soon as she reached their table. She kissed her cheek and hugged her.

"Unnie! Saengil chukhahahabnida!" Kang Han Na handed her and Jin Young's gift.

Jae Seok forgot that Jin Young and Kang Han Na are sitting with them.

"Aigoo! You don't have to! But thank you so much! I'll be back, you should eat now." She said and patted their shoulders. She took a glimpse behind the ladies, looking for the missing people.

"Jae Seok oppa, Kwang Soo–ya, should I go get your food?" She diverted her attention towards Yoo-Lee, who looked like they were in some kind of a situation.

"Aniyo Seong Im–a, I'll go get Kwang Soo's food." Jae Seok patted Kwang Soo's shoulders, and hurriedly left to get their food. Ji Hyo shrugged as she found their actions weird, and then she left.

"Kwang Soo oppa are you calling Se Chan oppa?" Han Na couldn't help but ask him. She noticed that Kwang Soo was staring and placing his phone on his ear.

"Ne, Ha Na–ya. But I couldn't reach him." He dialed Se Chan's number again.

"Yah! Kwang Soo–ya, you have to eat too. They'll just arrive. You're too worried." Jin Young told him off.

Minutes later, the other members arrived with their food. Jae Seok, who's carrying two plates—one for him and Kwang Soo, was the first member to come back to their table. The two ladies left to get their food.

"Kwang Soo–ya, still no reply?" Jae Seok puts down the plates carefully.

"Ajik hyung—oh! Hyung, Se Chan texted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter