14- Jae Seok and She

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Min wasn't aware that she was staring at Jae Seok while spacing out. Jae Seok caught her staring at him, and their eyes met. When she realizes it, she laughs and bows her head.

"Our eyes met, neomu sirheo." Jae Seok expressed his dislike.

"Johda!" So Min laughs while clapping like a seal to tease Jae Seok even more.

"I hate this."

"My story is being made."

"She looked so happy."

With that, they continue the recording. It was So Min's turn to enter the recording booth to record. When she was recording her part, she was so emotional that she sang it in a high-pitched manner. Young Bae and Jae Seok who are listening to her laugh as she was carried away with the song.

"So Min–ah, it was good. But don't be too emotional." Young Bae advised her.

"Aigoo! Jeon Sobari jinjja! You sound so desperate when you sing your part! It's annoying!" Jae Seok shouts from the outside of the recording booth for her to hear him. So Min giggles when she hears him and drinks her water.

"Sugohaessseubnida!" They clap their hands as soon as they ended the recording.

"Young Bae–ssi, sigan isseo? Let's have snacks, my treat." Jae Seok invites them.

"Ah jinjjayo? Keurom, we have no right to refuse, maj–jyo?" He chuckles.

"Keurom,eobseo!"

"Oppa, I have to go." So Min bows at them. Jae Seok grabs her arm.

"Yah! Jeon Sobari, do you have a schedule after this?"

"Just spa but it's still later, oppa. Keundae waeyo?"

"Keurom, join us. I reserved a table in a restaurant."

"Your treat?" So Min smiles at him.

"Aish! Dangyeonhaji! I was the one who invited you, right?" The band members chuckle because of their father and daughter–like bickering.

"Oh, arasseo oppa. I'm coming then."

"Young Bae–yah, gomawo for helping So Min–i to write the lyrics." Jae Seok smiles.

They've arrived at the restaurant that Jae Seok reserved. He and So Min are seated beside each other, while in front of them are the band members.

"Anieyo hyungnim. Sasil, I just helped her arrange the lyrics. 90% of the content of the lyrics is written by her." Young Bae confessed.

"I know that. She bragged about it to me. This girl jinjja." Jae Seok nudges her using his shoulder. So Min just smiled at him as a response.

So Min isn't talking a lot these days, which worries him a lot. So Min is a very talkative girl, and her not opening when he makes fun of her makes him nervous.

'Something's up and I have to know why.' He said to himself.

After finishing their meal, Young Bae and the other band members had to leave for personal matters.

"Oppa, I have to go too—" So Min stands up from her seat, attempting to leave.

"Aniyo, chamkanman Jeon So Min." He holds her hand to stop her.

"W–waeyo, op–oppa?" So Min is trying to compose herself. She knows that Jae Seok is serious if he's addressing her in her full name.

This is why she's been avoiding being alone with Jae Seok because she knows that she can't keep secrets when his oppa starts to talk to her seriously.

"Anja." Jae Seok taps the side of the table where Young Bae was seated a while ago—in front of him. He also asked a waiter to clean up their table.

"Keundae waeyo, oppa? Kapchagi?" Her reaction right now is the same as when she's being suspected as the spy during their filming.

'Come on! I'm an actress!' She's mentally slapping herself.

"I ordered patbingsu for you. I know you like patbingsu."

Jae Seok is also trying his best to remain as clueless and candid as possible. Like, he had to act as if he doesn't have a plan to talk to her about what's bothering him that is about her.

"But I'm already full, oppa." She refused.

"Don't you like patbingsu? Or schedule isseo?"

"Ne—"

"Geojitmal hajima, So Min–ah. I asked your manager a while ago. She told me that your only schedule is just going to the spa, which you also said a while ago."

"Ne, because I already made a reservation—"

"Call the spa, tell them that you'll reschedule it. Don't worry I'll pay the fee for rescheduling, if there is." There is a hint of authority in his voice, which made So Min anxious.

Although Jae Seok knows his power, he is also known as a kind and humble person. He isn't the type of person to use his hard-earned money for something that isn't important. Hearing him pay for the fees for her spa leaves her with no choice but to stay and answer whatever he's going to ask her.

"Arasseo oppa. I'll tell my manager to reschedule it." She said lowering her head, and dropped her bottom on the chair.

Jae Seok noticed that So Min's expression is gloomy. He thought that he might've gone too far so he tried to initiate a conversation with her to lighten up the mood.

"What are you so worried about, Jeon Sobara?" He asks her.

"Eobseoyo, oppa." She plainly answered, not giving him even a glance. She was just staring at the table, avoiding his stare.

"Aish! Then why aren't you looking at me? Are you mad at oppa?" Jae Seok softly asked her.

So Min suddenly remembered that it was also the same question that Ji Hyo asked her the other day. Back then she was too overwhelmed that she couldn't respond and look at her properly.

"So Min–ah!"

A cold glass touches her arm, which startled her.

"Ai shibal kamjjakiya!" She blurted out. When she realized what she just said, she immediately covered with her palms.

The cold glass is actually the bowl where the patbingsu is served, which Jae Seok pushed towards her to make her come back to her senses.

"Yah! Jeon So Min! Train your mouth to not use foul words, especially in public!"

"Oppa! It has already become a habit since I learned to say that when I was in elementary school! How am I supposed to erase a 25-year old habit!?" She's doing her best to divert Jae Seok's attention so that he'll not ask her about what he wants to ask her.

"Aish! I'm not telling you to stop saying swear words! What I'm telling you is that you have to be responsible. You're a public figure. What if a kid did that to you? Will you also swear at the kid, oh!?" Of course he isn't god Yoo for nothing.

So Min sighs. Just when she thinks that he has forgotten about it, Jae Seok stares at her intently.

"So Min–ah, do we have a problem?" The cold and serious atmosphere came back again that sent shivers to her spine.

"Urineun? Musun suriyeyo? There's nothing wrong, oppa. Unless…"

"Unless what?" His brows furrow.

"You're mad at me or something?" She tries to change the topic. However, Jae Seok is Jae Seok. He is also known for being quick-witted. Thus, he immediately caught up with what she's trying to do.

"Ai So Min–ah. I know that you're having a hard time, chigum. Keundae, you know that you're not alone, anijyo? Since the beginning, I have already told you that if you have concerns or worries, you can tell them to me." Jae Seok's expression softened. So Min heaves another sigh.

In a span of 2 years, Jae Seok got to know her too well. So Min is the type of person who tel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter