26- First Date (Part 2)

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Unnie, should we watch a movie while waiting for the cookies?" So Min placed the cookies inside the oven, and adjusted the time and the temperature.

"Keurae keurae, I'm fine with that." Ji Hyo nodded and made her way to the living room.

"Unnie, I only have Netflix. Do you have any movies you want to watch in your mind?" Ji Hyo scratched her head at So Min's question.

"Me? I really don't have one."

"But what kind or genres of movies do you prefer to watch at this time?" So Min sat down beside her and opened the Netflix app on her TV.

"Anything but ." Ji Hyo answered coolly.

"Mwo?" So Min's mouth dropped after hearing Ji Hyo's response. On the other hand, Ji Hyo burst out laughing after seeing So Min's reaction.

"Yah! So Min–a! You should've seen your face!" She pointed at her. She was standing still in front of the television, unable to move.

"So Min–a, I was just kidding. Well partly. Anyways, you can pick the movie." Still bothered, So Min nodded and followed what Ji Hyo said.

So Min chose a romantic comedy film for them to watch. She was so focus with the film, but later on she found out that Ji Hyo was already sleeping.

'10 minutes into the movie and she already fell asleep? Aigoo!' So Min wasn't watching the movie, but she's watching Sleeping Ji Hyo instead.

She was so mesmerized with her face. Her wide forehead that's covered with her hair. Carefully, she shoved her hair to the side. She looked at her eyebrows, down to her eyes that look so relaxed and comfortable, her nose—she really likes her nose because the height and the size of her nose is just perfect for her face, and finally her gaze reached her lips. Ji Hyo's lips were partly opened—very tempting.

So Min shook her head, as she looked away and bit her lips to divert her attention.

'Yah! Jeon So Min, pull yourself together! It's not good to kiss someone when they're asleep.' She scolded herself. She took a deep breath and looked at her again.

"Maybe she deserves to be Princess Aurora instead of me?" She mumbled and chuckled at what she said. She stood up and went to the kitchen to continue baking.

30 minutes later all of the cookies were already ready. So Min went to see if Ji Hyo's awake so that they could eat the cookies they made together. She carefully approached the couch where Ji Hyo was laying in and took a peak—she's still asleep.

"Eottoke? She hasn't eaten yet. And it's…" So Min checked the time and her eyes widened. "It's already 12:30 PM!?"

Instead of waking Ji Hyo up, she decided to cook their lunch instead. It's already lunchtime and she wasn't able to notice the time because of baking and watching the movie.

After cooking their lunch, So Min placed the food, as well as the plates on the table. She also came back to the living room to wake Ji Hyo up for lunch.

"Unnie?" So Min carefully poked Ji Hyo's shoulder. Ji Hyo squirmed, and opened an eye.

"It's already lunchtime, let's eat?" Ji Hyo's eyes open widely upon hearing that it's lunchtime already.

"Mwo?!" She sat down and held So Min's hands. "Omo! I'm sorry, So Min–a. I really am."

"Gwaenchanhayo. I know that you'll sleep. I understand, unnie. Please don't worry. For now please stand up and let's eat lunch." So Min helped Ji Hyo to stand up by pulling her up.

They reached the table, which So Min set up before she went to wake Ji Hyo up.

"You cooked these?" Ji Hyo rubbed her eyes, while pointing at the dishes So Min prepared. It was a simple kimchi fried rice with a diet lunch box that she had in her fridge.

"Ne, I cooked these. I'm sorry if it's very simple. I was planning to eat lunch with you outside."

"Mianhae, So Min–a? I'll cook for you next time." Ji Hyo apologized while So Min was putting food on her plate.

"Jinjjayo, unnie?" So Min pouted.

"Keuromyo." So Min smiled with her eyes because of Ji Hyo's answer.

"I can't wait!" She passed the rice to her.
 

Their lunch ended quietly. Ji Hyo stood up and took her plates to the kitchen sink.

"So Min–a, I'll wash the dishes." She informed her from the kitchen.

"Gwaenchanhayo, unnie. I'll do it." So Min said after chewing the last spoon of the fried rice.

"Aniya, let me do it. You could be tired from baking and cooking." Ji Hyo insisted. So Min quickly stood up and brought her plate to the kitchen.

"Anieyo, unnie. I'm fine. I can do it."

"But I want to do it." Ji Hyo gave her a pleading look. So Min's heart skipped a beat with her stare, so she covered her face with her hands.

"It's embarrassing." She said and fixed her hair behind her ear.

"Oh? Why? What's embarrassing?" Ji Hyo was confused. So Min breathed deeply, and raised her head.

"You… coming over to my house… and doing household chores."

"Aigoo! I'm fine. It's fine, So Min–a. Besides, let me make up for sleeping on you." Ji Hyo insisted that made So Min sigh deeply.

"I guess I don't have a choice? You win." So Min said as she shook her head. Ji Hyo just smiled at her and proceeded to wash the dishes.
 

"Unnie, did you bring something to wear for the gig later?" So Min tried a cookie that they baked. They're currently sitting face to face, on the sofa.

"Keuromyo. How about you? What will you wear? We have to disguise ourselves or else we will be stuck there because of the fans." Ji Hyo said.

"And we will also be on the headline for going out together." So Min smirked as she thought of the possible headlines that the media outlets will write in their articles.

"They wouldn't think that way, So Min–a. We're co-workers." Ji Hyo casually explained. Suddenly, So Min's smile faded, as realization hit her again.

"Ne, you're right. We're co-workers what's the deal, right?" Ji Hyo noticed a hint of disappointment in her voice. Instead of responding to that, she opened widely.

"So Min–a, can I try eating a cookie?" She said in a cute voice. So Min's eyes widened with what she just witnessed

"Oh, kapchagi? Aegyo?"

"Aish, ppaliwa!" She stomped her feet and opened again.

"Oh, jinjjayo? Do you really want to eat? I'm sorry I'll get one for you—I mean you can always ask me to add more." So Min was about to stand up but Ji Hyo immediately caught her arm, linking it to hers.

"Where are you going? There's still a cookie here." Ji Hyo pointed at the plate, and opened wide again and waited for the cookie.

So Min, on the other hand, found her action cute so she took one cookie, and put it in . Ji Hyo closed and suddenly, she pulled her in and rested her forehead on her. Ji Hyo was looking intently in her eyes, while chewing the cookie in . Meanwhile, So Min couldn't look at her in the eyes again.

"I know it's sad that we can't freely date. But as long as we know what we feel for each other, I'm already content. I hope you feel the same too." So Min brought her eyes to look into her eyes. She felt Ji Hyo's sincerity, so she couldn't help but hug her, and rest her head in between her neck.

"I like you." So Min mumbled.

"Nado, So Min–a." Ji Hyo said as she lets out a sigh.
 

"Unnie, come here. This is where I used to loiter around when I was in college." So Min was holding Ji Hyo's hand.

She was touring Ji Hyo around the Dongduk Women's University campus, where So Min spent her college years, before the concert started.

"Hmm, I heard you were on a lot of blind dates." She .

"Ne! Actually, my friends would usually set me up. I often go on group blind dates that my friend's friends organized." So Min's stories have never failed to capture her interest. It's entertaining to hear her talk.

"Was it fun?" Ji Hyo really loves it whenever So Min shares something to her and she can see the smile on her face.

"Neomu jaemisseo! But you know what, unnie? The guys that I met in blind dates didn't become my boyfriends for long. Most of them were just flings." So Min's reaction—her facial expressions, her voice or the way she delivers her story, and her gestures, will always get her attention. So Min is a good storyteller, and she will never get tired of listening to her. Well, except if she's sleepy.

"Jinjja? Your college life must really be fun then." Even though So Min overshares her experiences most of the time, Ji Hyo is willing to listen to her. Just like now. She's smiling as she listens to her talk about her life as a college student.

"Jeongmal! Of course there's this pressure to get good grades, graduate, and find a job. But all in all, I loved my university life." So Min smiled as she looked around her, recalling the memories she had in her university. "How about you unnie? How was your college life?"

"It was fun." Ji Hyo smiled.

"Just fun? Come on, tell me what you did during college, jebal." So Min linked her arms to her and hugged her.

"Arasseo! I'l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter