19- Concerned

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been days since Ji Hyo rejected So Min, and it's also been days since So Min ate properly. She's been losing weight because of this habit, which made the people around her worried, especially the members, since they see her more often than her family because she lives alone.

"Yah! Jeon So Min, why are you becoming thinner? Are you on a diet?" Haha asked her.

They are currently at the dance studio to practice their group dance. Most members have arrived. They're just waiting for Jae Seok, Ji Hyo and the teachers.

"Ne oppa, I am." She forced a smile.

"Aniyo." Jong Kook butts into the conversation. "I don't think she's on a diet. Are you sure you're on a diet and not starving yourself, So Min–a?"

"What is wrong with that hyung?" Kwang Soo pointed at Jong Kook.

"Jinjjayo!" So Min chuckled to reassure them that she's fine.

"I don't think so. You lose weight differently." Jong Kook insisted what his intuition was telling him.

"So Min–a, are you worried that Jong Kook–i won't be able to carry you?" Seok Jin approached her and caressed her back. So Min smiled bitterly, making the men think that it's the truth.

"Yah! So Min–a, are you really worried about that? Aigoo! Geokchonghajima! Jong Kook oppa will help you. We're partners in this. Also, I won't let all those years of workout be useless." Jong Kook tapped her cheek and hugged her to assure her.

So Min wasn't supposed to cry, but she's tearing up. Even though they are not that close with each other, Jong Kook's hug suddenly made her realize how badly she needs to be comforted. Jong Kook felt wetness on his chest, so he patted her back to make her feel his support and comfort.

Meanwhile, Jae Seok and Ji Hyo, who arrived together, saw the situation. Jae Seok's eyes widened and immediately approached the two.

"What's happening? Jeon So Min are you crying?" Jong Kook signalled him to keep quiet and just let the girl be.

Meanwhile, Kwang Soo went to Ji Hyo to greet her.

"Noona, gwaenchanhayo? Are you sad?" Kwang Soo puts his arms around her noona.

"Ai! Gwaenchanhayo, Kwang Soo–ya. I'm just feeling tired already." She nudged him.

"Noona, if you feel like crying, you can also lean on me. Or to be fair, I'll call Se Chan–i—"

"Yaish! Dakcho saekkya!" She pulled his hair and pushed him.

"Yah Ji Hyo–ya, why are you being violent with Kwang Soo?" Haha asked while walking his way towards them.

"I–saekki jinjja! He's pissing me off!" She glared at Kwang Soo.

"Ai hyung!" He stood up and locked the short guy in his arms. "Hyung, I think it's the red days again." He whispered.

"Yah! Is this about Jong Kook hyung hugging Jeon So Min?" Haha asked, whispering in his ear.

"Molla jinjja! Let's leave her be, she'll be okay after getting a sleep— like that!" Kwang Soo pointed at already sleeping Ji Hyo.

 

"So everyone, the next filming will still go on. I hope you will take a rest too even though you're all busy with your schedules. Please don't forget your individual and collaboration stages. I hope you're working well on that." The PD announced before dismissing them.

"So Min–a, gaja?" Jong Kook called So Min, who was rummaging through her backpack.

"Ne, oppa. I'm coming." When So Min finally saw the shirt she's been looking for, she rushed to the restroom to change her shirt.

"Noona, where are you going?" Kwang Soo noticed Ji Hyo standing up from her seat.

"In the restroom, I'll pee. Why? Are you coming with me?" Ji Hyo sarcastically asked him. She didn't wait for his response and proceeded to the restroom.

As soon as she entered the restroom she could hear So Min humming an unfamiliar tune in the cubicle she's in. Minutes later, she heard a cubicle door open, and water gushing on the sink.

After doing her business inside, she got out but wasn't expecting to see So Min outside her cubicle, retouching her make-up.

"So Min–ah, you're still here?" So Min's eyes widened when she saw her through the mirror.

"Ne." So Min couldn't look at her. Ji Hyo gave her a concerned look.

"So Min–ah, you're getting thinner. I hope you're—"

"Unnie, I'm done retouching, I have to go. Jong Kook oppa is waiting for me." She interrupted her.

She politely bowed to her and got out of the restroom. Ji Hyo let out a sigh since she recalled that So Min will avoid her in the meantime.


 

"Se Chan–a!" Ji Hyo called for his name. Ji Hyo was making her way towards the parking lot to wait for her driver, when she saw Se Chan.

"Oh? Noona?" Se Chan was surprised when he turned and saw her behind him.

"Where are you going?" She started interrogating him.

"Ah… I'm going to Jong Kook hyung's house." He politely answered.

"Waeyo?"

"He asked me to come over because he and So Min are practicing their part in the dance." Ji Hyo was surprised to hear that So Min will be coming over to Jong Kook's house.

'They aren't that close, how come she's practicing in his house?' she thought.

"Ah jinjjayo!?" 

"Ne. How about you, noona? Are you waiting for your driver here?" Ji Hyo suddenly pondered on Se Chan's question.

'Where am I heading to?'

"Sasil, I'm also going to his house." She unconsciously uttered. She's making up her schedule now.

"Jinjjayo? For what, noona?" Se Chan was surprised upon hearing her answer. Ji Hyo is going to Jong Kook's house? For what?

'Maybe Ji Hyo noona and Jong Kook hyung are dating, that's why she's coming over to check on them?' Se Chan thought in his head.

"I'm just going. Why? Is it bad to visit him too?" Ji Hyo raised an eyebrow on him.

"Ani I didn't say that." Se Chan defended himself.

"Keundae, are you still going to wait for your driver to go there? We can go together, noona." He offered.

"Is it really okay with you?" She was pursing her lips while asking him.

"Keuromyo! Since we're both headed in the same location, why not let's go together?" Se Chan smiled awkwardly. Ji Hyo for sure knows how to use her face to manipulate people, in a positive way.

"Arasseo. Kamsahabnida." Ji Hyo smiled.

They finally reached Se Chan's car, and he opened the door of the passenger's seat for Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo entered and observed the interior of the car. Se Chan got in the driver's seat and realized how deafening the silence was, making the atmosphere awkward for him.

"Noona, is it okay if I play some music?" Se Chan took a glimpse of Ji Hyo, who was pretending to scroll through her phone.

"Oh, gwaenchanha."

Se Chan his car's stereo and looked for some music to play on his phone. As he was scrolling through his playlist he accidentally tapped So Min and Jae Seok's collaboration song with SORAN, which surprised both of them because of the song's powerful intro.

"Gobaekhaejwo jeojilleojwo, mal jom haebwa michigetne..."

"Oh! Is it a new song by Jae Seok—" Ji Hyo frowned when she heard the voice singing the next lines of the song.

"Tturheojyeora ne ibsulman, ije nawara gobaek"

Se Chan immediately cutted off the song at that part to not spoil the entire song. So Min told him to not play the song in public or when he's with someone, even with Running Man members, except of course herself.

"I heard So Min's voice, was that her?" Ji Hyo frowned.

"Ah ne, mianhaeyo I have to cut it off. Jeon So Min will kill me if I continue playing the song." He said with a wry smile, while looking for other songs to play.

"Why would she kill you?"

"Keunyang… she doesn't want me to spoil the song to others. She told me that this song must be heard by other people by the time it's performed and released." He played another song.

"Then why did she send you the song?" Ji Hyo annoyingly looked at him.

"Keuge anirang… noona, why do you corner me now?" Se Chan laughed nervously.

"I was just asking you." She shrugged her shoulders and pursed her lips.

"Arasseo, noona. I don't know. She just sent it to me and made me listen to it. I guess she was fishing for compliments." He smirked.

Se Chan saw that Ji Hyo wasn't that sleepy so he thought if he could ask her a question. He's been dying to ask this question for days now, so he wanted to take this opportunity to ask her about it.

"Keundae… noona." He grabbed her attention.

"Oh?"

"Can I ask a question?" He was fidgeting his fingers in his spare hand, while his right hand was manipulating the steering whee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter