16- Happy Birthday pt. 1

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So Min–a stop crying." Jae Seok held her shoulders and slightly pushed her to see her face. He saw how puffy her eyes became, so he wiped away the tears on her face.

"Yah! Look around you, other visitors are looking at us. Stop crying, oh?" He hugged her again and gently rubbed her back.

"Oppa, mianhaeyo. Keurigo, gomawo." So Min doesn't let go of Jae Seok.

Meanwhile, Ji Hyo who was watching the heartwarming moment between Jae Seok and So Min forgot that Jae Seok's daughter, Na Eun, is in her care. The baby girl suddenly cried when she saw her Aunt So Min hugging her father.

"Oh, Na Eun–i, wae?" Ji Hyo carried the baby and danced with her.

"Waeyo Na Eun–i? Are you jealous of So Min imo, oh?" Na Eun cried louder as if telling her 'yes'.

"Aigoo! Uri Na Eun–i. Geokchonghajima. Your father loves you so much, he will not trade you, your eomma and oppa for anything else in this world." When she said that, Na Eun immediately stopped crying. The baby pouted as if she understood what her Aunt Ji Hyo told her.

"What's with that face aegiya? Don't be jealous anymore. Arasseo! To assure you, if So Min imo will steal your father from you, I will take her with me and she will have to stay with me until you say so. So that means she will only be free in 9 to 10 years from now. Not bad." She nodded. The baby followed her and nodded her head too and smiled.

"Oh, so uri aegi is not crying anymore? You agree with our deal, oh?" Na Eun giggled as she flapped her hands and kicked her feet excitedly.

"Oh keurae! Then let's go to your father! We will not let So Min imo steal your father, machi?" She carried her back to their table.

"Ji Hyo–ya, Na Eun–i is with you? I'm sorry, I didn't know." He said as he received Na Eun from Ji Hyo.

"Gwaenchanhayo oppa. I am having fun with this cutie pie." She said and lightly pinched the baby's cheek.

"Aigoo! Soon you'll have yours too. I know you'll be a great mom." Na Eun smiled as if she agreed with what her father had said.

"I would love to, oppa. But right now, I'm more than happy to be an imo." She lovingly gazed at the baby.

Babies are a precious gift to anyone who wishes to be a parent. Of course she wants to be a mother, but she also knows that being a mother is a great responsibility, which she isn't ready for as of now.

"Keurae? Arasseo, I won't force you anymore. You already know that you're already old enough." Jae Seok joked to lighten up the mood because he noticed that Ji Hyo became silent.

"Yah! Oppa, I'm not that old." She gave him a death glare. She's somewhat sensitive when it comes to age and weight.

"Arasseo arasseo Ji Hyo–ya! Gomawo." Jae Seok chuckled and left the members' table with her daughter in his arms.

"Jae Seok samcheon! Saengil chukhahaeyo!" Hyeon Woo, Seok Jin's son approached him.

Hyeon Woo saw her Aunt Ji Hyo and smiled at her. Ji Hyo smiled back at the kid and sat down on her seat. She saw that her plate already had food, so she poked Jong Kook, who's already eating beside him to ask who put food on her plate.

"Waeyo Ji Hyo–ya?" Jong Kook asked her.

"Who put food on my plate, oppa?" She picked up the chopsticks.

"Oh that? I think it's either Se Chan or So Min. But I think it's So Min." He said and took another bite of his food.

"Jinjjayo? Arasseo. Kamsahabnida." She examines the food on her plate.

"Appa!" Haha's eldest son, Dream, called for him.

Haha's children, along with her wife Go Eun, or popularly known as Byul, arrived at the venue. They couldn't go together with him because Byul had a schedule in the morning until the afternoon, and she took the kids with her to allow him to take a rest.

"Dream–a! Soul–a!" He spread his arms wide for his children, while his wife was just behind them.

"Yeobo!" Haha stood up and kissed his wife.

"Appa, are you eating already?" Soul, his second born child, asked him.

"Not yet Soul–a. I was waiting for you and your eomma. Keundae, you left Song–i?" Haha asked his wife.

"Oh. I had to. We're going home late for sure, uri ttal can't sleep well in this gathering." Go Eun saw Ji Hyo so she asked Haha to get food for the kids so that she could converse with her.

"Unnie!" She placed her hands on Ji Hyo's shoulders from behind.

"Oh Go Eun–a, anja!" She patted the chair beside her.

"Aigoo, unnie is no one's seating here?" She sat down on the chair.

"Go Eun unnie!" So Min called her name.

"So Min–i!" She stood up and carefully welcomed her with a hug. So Min was carrying a plate in her right hand, and a glass of juice in the other.

"Aigoo! Uri yeppeo So Min–i, let me help you with that." Byul offered to hold her plate, but So Min insisted.

"Anieyo gwaenchanhayo unnie! You may sit here."

"Aniya! I'm going to sit with Haha oppa."

"Keuromyo! Keundae Haha oppa's still there, so you may sit there so that you and Ji Hyo unnie could catch up." So Min smiled at her.

"Aigoo! You're so sweet uri So Min–i! Arasseo you sit beside me too! I'll only sit here temporarily. You know I have 3 kids tonight." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh? You brought Song? But I didn't saw—"

"Aniya So Min–a! It's Haha oppa!" They both laugh.

So Min then sat down on the chair next to Byul, whereas Byul is in the middle of Ji Hyo and her.

"Unnie, jaljinaesseo? Are you still drinking a lot?" Byul started a conversation with Ji Hyo as soon as she was seated.

"What do you mean? Like the regular 'a lot' or more 'a lot'?" Ji Hyo unconsciously exposed herself.

"Aigoo! Since you asked that, unnie, have you been drinking more than your regular amount?" Byul's eyes widened

"Sometimes?" Byul shook her head because of Ji Hyo's answer. That 'sometimes' happens often.

"Aigoo! That's what happens when you are single!" Byul nagged at her.

So Min beside her became quiet. She even consumed her food silently too. She's actually guilty of what she just heard from her.

"Yah! Why are you nagging me because I'm single, Byul–a?" Ji Hyo blinked as if she's being blamed for something she didn't do.

"Unnie, you're putting your health in danger. You know what, you and So Min are the same." Hearing her name, So Min drops her utensils and pouts.

"Na? Na waeyo, unnie?" She placed her hand on her chest, shocked that her name was suddenly included.

"You drink like there's no tomorrow." Byul pointed at her.

"Go Eun–a, are you nagging these girls again?" Haha arrives with two plates in his hands.

"Ai oppa! I was just giving an advice."

"Yah! Ji Hyo is 2 years older than you."

"And So Min is 3 years younger than me." Byul reasoned out.

"Aigoo! Just because you're already married." Haha clicks his tongue.

"Mianhae, Ji Hyo–ya, So Min–i. My wife became good at nagging because of her kids."

"Gwaenchanhayo oppa, we need to be reminded too, sometimes." So Min assures him.

"Aigoo! Yeobo gaja! Look at Dream. He's already feeding Soul." The couple moved to the seat designated for them, and attended to their children. So Min now has to move from where she is seated, to the seat next to Ji Hyo. She held her breath before sitting next to her.

"So Min–a." So Min will never get used to Ji Hyo calling her name. It makes the butterflies in her belly go wild.

"U–unnie?" She faced her despite being so nervous.

"Gomawo, for putting food on my plate." She brings her stare at her, and they are staring eye-to-eye.

So Min could feel her blood gushing through her cheeks. She touched it, and it felt really hot. She fans herself, while calming herself.

'Oh God! Jae Seok oppa must be right!'

"A–aniyo unnie. I–it's also my way of thanking you about a while ago. By the way, about the jacket—"

"Don't bother about that. Didn't you listen a while ago?"

"Listen?"

"Oh. I said I'm giving it to you." Ji Hyo wasn't expecting So Min to be this slow.

"Jinjjayo?" She blurted out in excitement.

Ji Hyo smirked.

"I said what I said."

 


 

  
"Yeorobun, again, thank you so much for coming here tonight! Please be careful while you're on your way home!" Everyone clapped their hands. Slowly, Jae Seok's yard became empty.

The Running Man members stayed for a while to help the family clean, except for Haha and Seok Jin who needed to go home with their families. So Min and Ji Hyo chose to help Kyung Eun in the kitchen, whereas both of them were drying the plates Kyung Eun washed.

"How about you So Min–ssi? Jae Seok oppa told me that he was setting you up with his acquaintances." Kyung Eun asks her.

"Ah ne majayo. Jae Seok oppa did." She said and smiled while wiping the plates.

"Keundae, recently when we're talking he mentioned that he can't set you up anymore because you are seeing someone now?" So Min almost broke a plate, good thing Ji Hyo immediately placed a towel before the plate even fell on the table.

"Ne?" So Min's eyes widened in shock. She quickly turns to Ji Hyo who is giving her a questioning look.

"Ah... keu... keugo aniya. Sasil, I just know this person for years. It's not that I'm seeing him." She lets out an awkward laugh.

"Ah jinjja? Jae Seok sounded depressed when he said that he couldn't set you up with someone anymore." Kyung Eun continued keeping the dishes.

"Keuraeyo?" She nervously smiles.






"Kamsahabnida ladies. I know you are tired you should go now and have some rest." Kyung Eun was drying her hands as she led them outside.

"Thank you too unnie." They bowed and left the kitchen to find the other guys.

While walking, Ji Hyo remembered what they were talking about a while ago in the kitchen.

"So Min–a, was that true? You're seeing someone? Come on, you can tell me."

So Min doesn't want to assume, but did she really hear a disappointed tone from Ji Hyo when she said those words?

"Unnie I promise I'm not seeing or dating anyone right now. I'm completely single." She raises her right hand to show her honesty.

'Unnie, if you want to make sure that I'm single, then date me.' She is internally screaming.

"Are you sure? Lately, you seem distant. At times you look happy then suddenly you're sad, then you become happy again. Isn't this a sign of you being in a relationship? I mean I—we've seen you being like this before."

So Min's intuition is telling her that Ji Hyo is affected. She's jealous. Period.

"Aniyo jinjja." So Min happily denies her allegations about her lovelife.

Ji Hyo didn't question her anymore because So Min will keep denying her questions. They arrived at the garden and saw the other guys sitting.

"Ji Hyo–ya, So Min–a, I heard from a helper that you girls helped my wife in the kitchen? Gomawo! Don't worry, I'll treat you soon." Jae Seok expressed his gratitude.

"Gwaenchanhayo oppa, we just want to help." Ji Hyo answered him politely.

"So Min unnie, Ji Hyo unnie, annyeong!" Sun Bin hugged them.

"Sun Bin–ssi, annyeong!"

"Yah! Did your shoot finish late?" Friendly So Min asked her as she placed her arms on her shoulders.

"Ne. But I already told Kwang Soo oppa that he doesn't have to come and fetch me, and I'll only ask my driver to send me home because it's Jae Seok sunbaenim's birthday, and he can't miss this one, but he insisted." Sun Bin reported to them like how the youngest siblings do.

"Gwaenchanhayo Sun Bin–a. We would also tell him to get you. Your safety is more important than Kwang Soo's presence." Being older, Jong Kook teased the younger Kwang Soo.

"Yah! Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter