13- So Min's Passion

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days of filmings and practices have passed, and the fan meeting is slowly approaching. The members are busier than usual with their collaboration performances, as well as for the group performances.

Personal feelings and other stuffs were set aside as they focus on the preparations of their performance for their Korean fans.

Today, So Min and Jae Seok with SORAN will shoot and record their song. Jae Seok for sure has already read and heard the demo of the song, and So Min is 100% sure that the older guy will later during the shoot.

The thing is, Jae Seok only messaged her that she wrote the lyrics well, but later on he'll say something funny about it.

"Annyeonghaseyo." She greets everyone as she arrives in the recording studio.

"So Min–ssi, annyeong!" The band members greet her.

"So Min–ah, jaljinaesseo?" Young Bae goes to her.

"Ne, oppa I'm ready to record!" She answers confidently.

"That's good! Well, I'm looking forward to your singing and energy later, So Min–ah." Young Bae pats her shoulder.

"So Min–ssi, please come here and put on your mic." A staff member called her.

After putting on her mic, she and the other members of SORAN had a little chat with each other until Jae Seok arrived and the filming started.

"Cha! Keuraeseo, oneuleun we will be recording our song." Jae Seok starts off. So Min along with SORAN clap their hands and yells as a way of lifting up the mood.

"Kapchagi, we meet again." So Min said while clapping her hands.

"Ildan keureomyeon, you listened to the song." Young Bae said verifying if Jae Seok had already listened to the song.

"Yes, I did."

"Kog-eun eottaesseoyo?"

"I like the song." Jae Seok said, which made So Min proud and nod in response.

"Jeoneun jinjja, under the strict supervision of Jae Seok hyungnim, I fixed the song a lot." Young Bae uttered to really please the National MC.

"Oppa dowajeosseo." So Min attested. Young Bae really helped from the composition of the lyrics to the melody of the song.

"These days, I even sleep excitedly because you told me to make it exciting." He elaborates on his experience.

"Ildan, how should I say this? As a music enthusiast who loves music, I suggested a song that the public would like more to Young Bae. Young Bae gave it more thought. That's how this song was born." Jae Seok compliments Young Bae for his hard work in producing a great song.

"Jinjja neomu joha."

If there's somebody who loves the song so much, that is Jeon So Min. As the lyricist, she feels so proud that the story she wrote will be given a sound, a melody.

"He worked so hard. I love the song." They compliment him while clapping their hands.

"I like everything." Jae Seok said and glanced at the lyrics he was holding. "But the lyrics... how should I say this?"

Young Bae, who co-wrote the lyrics with So Min, is anticipating Jae Seok's feedback. Beside him is So Min, who already knows what the eldest guy is about to say.

"I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to participate during the lyric-writing session, I had another shooting on that day. I'm sure you could have rescheduled, but you two... I thought about why you chose a day when I was unavailable." Hearing this made So Min nervous.

'What if Jae Seok–oppa will force me to admit why I didn't reschedule?'

"I realized from the get-go that you guys wanted to make me a puppet. You only took me in because you wanted to use me only on stage." He makes a deduction, which made them laugh.

"Anieyo." Young Bae, the band's vocalist, denies his accusations.

"That's what crossed my mind." Jae Seok insisted. He's just so sure that there's something behind this. He's hinting that Jeon So Min has an agenda.

"Jeongmal anibnida. We didn't plan it." So Min explained. Technically, So Min's right. They really didn't plan for it. She decided on it by herself.

"Keuraeseo, I came up with a perfect name that's perfect for this situation, 'Jeon SORAN–gwa Yoo Jae Seok'." He reveals.

"Anieyo, hyung." They protested while laughing.

"From my observation, it looks like the five of you will form a group. Jeon So Min neomu joh-chyo?" Jae Seok corners her.

"Jeo, neomu johayo." She's pressing her palms together expressing her happiness.

So Min loves writing poems and lyrics. She also loves singing. The reason why when she was given this opportunity, she immediately grabbed it. Of course, she has to. If she won't, when will she get another opportunity?

"Here's why I'm scared of these lyrics. You know, right?" Jae Seok asks Young Bae since he co-wrote the lyrics with her.

"Why is that?" Young Bae asked.

"So Min told me about a few stories about her past relationships, and they are in the song." So Min knew it was coming so she just laughed along with them.

"I'm not just enjoying this music. I feel like I'm relaying her message to someone." He added. Due to Jae Seok's accuracy, she became shy and hid her face using the printed lyrics she's holding.

Jae Seok bringing up about it makes her recall the memory of when she and Young Bae filmed themselves while they're writing the lyrics.
 

 

Young Bae returns to where she left So Min in the living room. So Min wasn't there so he looked for her in the kitchen.

"So Min–ah, are you here?"

"Young Bae oppa, I'm peeing." So Min shouts from the restroom.

"Ah jinjja? So Min–ah, I think we have to film while writing the lyrics." He yells so that she can hear him.

"Oh? Ah! Majda! Mianhaeyo oppa, I forgot to tell you." Young Bae heard the sound of flushing water, meaning So Min will come out any second.

"The lighting in the living room is not that good, how about we do it here in the dining room?" He suggested.

"Okay oppa."

They decided to film in the dining area. They sat face to face on the dining table while reviewing the lyrics.

"I just wrote my thoughts. Oppa asked me to write the lyrics, so I did." So Min said while scrolling through her phone, preparing to show what she's written.

"Jega, jinjja jinjja johahahaess– johahandang johahae namjaga issneunde." She stutters as she tries to compose the words she needs to say, to avoid exposing herself. "Geu namjaga, just wouldn't confess his feelings to me. It was obvious that he liked me, but he wouldn't say it."

Young Bae was clueless but is curious about this 'guy' she's talking about. When she was already able to find the lyrics on her phone, Young Bae asked her to recite it.

"Just say one thing. That's the only way I'd know. Please say something. Say that you love me or that you like me. Forget about that. Just kiss me." She reads what she's written. This is the product of her reflection and imagination

In front of her is Young Bae, who couldn't suppress his laughter because of her straightforwardness.

"She wrote this much." Young Bae shows the lyrics So Min wrote through his phone on the camera.

"I wrote a lot." She affirmed.

Indeed, she wrote a lot and it is enough for 'her' to feel and realize her feelings. ONLY IF, she isn't numb.



 

 

"I became afraid of her." Jae Seok said, which brings her back to reality.

"I understand her completely. But if you put that aside and just read her lyrics, Jeon So Min is a genius." She nods as Young Bae compliments her.

"The people around me are shocked."

"I do understand that, but this part: 'Ppoppo hal–lae?'" Jae Seok frowns as he recites the lyrics. Who wouldn't be? She's straight-up asking the person to kiss her.

"Jeoneun, my mission is to make this song very popular so that geu namja–ga will have no choice but to confess his feelings." She sounded so proud and confident.

Actually, at this point, her only hope is this song. She isn't sure if Ji Hyo will know about it, but as long as she is able to deliver her feelings in any way, then it's fine.

"Do you get it?" She faces Jae Seok, who is lost for words with her statement. "I'm going to torture him so that he'll have no choice."

Sounds brutal, but of course she won't do that. She couldn't do that to Ji Hyo.

"'Ibsulman ttaemyeon doel geot gateunde' (You just need to speak up), 'charari keunyang ppoppohadeun ga' (Just kiss me), what's your take on this? Tae Wook–i neun?" Jae Seok now asked for the guitarist's opinion about her lyrics.

"Jeoneun, her lyrics are real and sincere so I really like it. It's energizing" So Min is happy that another person likes her composition.

"Isn't it nice?" She tries to fish for more compliments.

"Imagine that you're the guy in her lyrics." Jae Seok provokes him.

"I'd be quite uncomfortable." Tae Wook answered Jae Seok's question honestly, which made them laugh. So Min hides her face for the nth time because of embarrassment.

"Keuchi? Keurae!? That's what I mean!" So Min couldn't be more embarrassed with what she just heard from the guitarist.

"Let's record it." Jae Seok announced as soon as they calm down after roasting So Min's lyrics.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter