22- Surprises

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day before the fanmeeting, the members were in the venue to do a full-run rehearsal of the fanmeeting. The members came earlier for their individual performance. They were in the waiting room, chatting among themselves.

"Let's do some stretching later, but for now let's relax." Jong Kook told the group.

"Jong Kook–a, will you be our stretching coach later?" Seok Jin asked him

"Keuromyo, who else is capable?" He proudly said as he shrugged

"Wow! Jinjja!" The younger members reacted.

"Keundae, I haven't seen So Min around, where is she?" Jae Seok butted in.

"Oh? She arrived earlier, but she was carrying something? Let me check her—"

"Let me do it, Se Chan–a." Ji Hyo stopped Se Chan.

Ji Hyo makes her way towards the main dressing room to find So Min. As soon as she opened the door, she saw a bouquet on her assigned vanity table.

"Ige mwoya?" She roamed her eyes around and saw no one. She walked closely towards the bouquet and picked it up.

"The flowers are beautiful—"

"Beautiful as you." She heard a voice from the door, which startled her. "I hope you like them."

So Min was walking towards them with a warm smile. And her? She was frozen on her feet.

'She was just avoiding me, what is she up to now?' she asked herself.

"So Min–a..."

"Unnie, mianhaeyo. I'm sorry if I gave up on you so easily. I was so afraid that I gave up and retreated. Now, I have made up my mind. Whatever your reaction will be, from now on, I will do my best to show you that I'm deserving of your love, even if you reject me now." Ji Hyo was speechless with what she said.

"Somebody made me realize that just like me, Ji Hyo unnie deserves someone who will not give up on you and will give you the love that you deserve. That person also told me that in love, we always win, we never lose. If ever you won't like me back, I didn't lose. I only learned something. Maybe the lesson there is that we are not really meant to be together in a relationship, and so I should stop— only when you already have another lover. As of now I think you have none, so save your thoughts, unnie. I will show you my efforts. I'll make sure that you'll fall for me!" She sounded so determined, but deep inside she's super nervous.

"Noona, are you there?" They heard a loud knock from the door.

"I will go now, unnie." She confidently walked towards her and gave her a peck on her right cheek.

"I will see you later." She whispered and walked away with a grin plastered on her face. As soon as So Min opened the door, she saw Se Chan standing in front of her. Her eyes widened as she pursed her lips.

"Oh! So Min–a, you're just here? Everyone was looking for you." Se Chan glanced at the back and saw Ji Hyo who was just standing there, staring at them. Se Chan got it, and focused on So Min.

"Ah, ne. I'm going!" She quickly ran away from him, which left him confused. Se Chan sighed, and turned to Ji Hyo who was hiding the bouquet.

"Oh, Ji Hyo noona, you have a bouquet! Who gave you? Secret admirer isseoyo?" Se Chan asked but Ji Hyo just gave him a meaningful smile as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Ani chamkanman! Based on your smile..." he scanned the area and when he saw no one, he ran towards her. "Seolma! Is that from So Min?"

Ji Hyo looked down as she felt shy because of his question. Her heart is actually fluttering right now, so she couldn't answer him.

"Aigoo! Arasseo, noona! I knew it. Arasseo!" He gave her a warm smile and patted her shoulder. "Gaja?"

Ji Hyo nodded with a smile on her face.

"HyoChan Park, you're up next. Please standby." The staff informed them.

They were seated in the audience seats by team, so they had to go backstage earlier to make it on time. They were already playing the VTR for the team before they performed.

While HyoChan Park's VTR was playing, So Min was extremely focused on it, which caught Jae Seok's attention.

"Jeon Sobara, I think Ji Hyo's gonna melt?" So Min was surprised when he suddenly whispered in her ear.

"Ai! Oppa! Mwohaninggoeyo? You startled me, jinjja!" She frowned at him.

"You're staring at Ji Hyo on their VTR. Don't lie because I saw you."

"Oppa, Se Chan was in it too."

"But why would you look at Se Chan when you're not on good terms?" He said which made her frown even more.

"Mwo?" She looks at him, surprised with the question.

"Aigooya! Jeon Sobari, neo!" Using his index finger, he pushed So Min's forehead. "Se Chan asked me if he did something wrong with you because you weren't talking to him. He even told me that you avoided him earlier in the dressing room when he came to find you."

"Geu namja jinjja!" She glared at Se Chan who was practicing at the side of the stage.

"So, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, oppa. Actually, I was just so embarrassed because he knocked some sense on me. I never felt so guilty, until he talked to me." She pouted.

"What is it about?"

"Oh? I—"

"HyoChan Park, are you ready!?" Nucksal's voice suddenly echoed in the venue. They're starting their performance.

While HyoChan Park were doing their rehearsal, So Min couldn't stay still on her seat because she was looking for Ji Hyo. When it was Ji Hyo's turn, they heard the staff yelling—giving instructions on the side. When she looked at them, she saw Ji Hyo slowly being lifted by a lift.

"She will use that lift? Daebak!" So Min unconsciously muttered, which Jae Seok heard.

"Aigoo! Everything she does is amazing for you." Jae Seok .

"Shh, oppa!" She shushed him.

HyoChan Park's rehearsal ended, and So Min was standing up giving the group an applause. Jae Seok chuckled as he stood up and dragged her because they will be the next group to conduct their rehearsal.

"So Min–a, you look inspired today! Should we expect you to perform really well today?" Young Bae asked her while they were setting up the instruments. So Min smiled brightly at him and continued her work.

"Aigoo, Young Bae–ya! I have a bad feeling about this. She might give her all in the rehearsals today, but I'm worried about her energy tomorrow." Jae Seok shook his head as she saw So Min enthusiastically helped the other band members of SORAN.

Their VTR was already playing when Se Chan and Ji Hyo reached the audience area. As soon as they took their seats, the scene where 'Jae Seok was asking the members of SORAN about So Min's lyrics' was playing.

"Ibsulman ttaemyeon doel geot gateunde' (You just need to speak up), 'charari keunyang ppoppohadeun ga' (Just kiss me), what's your take on this? Tae Wook–i neun?" Jae Seok was asking the guitarist.

"Jeoneun, her lyrics are real and sincere so I really like it. It's energizing."

"Isn't it nice?"

"Imagine that you're the guy in her lyrics." Jae Seok suddenly brought up.

"I'd be quite uncomfortable."

"Keuchi? Keurae!? That's what I mean!"

Se Chan who was watching the VTR with Ji Hyo turned to her to see her reaction. He noticed that her lips formed a curve. She was smiling. Se Chan found it strange, so he called her attention.

"Noona, hoksi... did you feel uncomfortable when you first heard the song?"

"Oh? Wae? Kapchagi wae? Na wae?"Ji Hyo was confused with his question. Why should she be uncomfortable?

"Noona, you are So Min's muse. You are the subject of her lyrics. She wrote those lyrics thinking about you." Se Chan whisphered as he explained.

"Oh? Jinjja?" Ji Hyo couldn't believe what she just heard. She is So Min's muse? How come?

"Aigoo! Noona, pay attention to the lyrics!"

"Keundae, if I am her muse, why does she want me to confess?" She was sticking her tongue again as she was thinking out loud.

"It's because she's feeling too much." Se Chan laughed as they were listening to the song.

Jeon SORAN and Yoo Jae Seok's rehearsal started. Ji Hyo obeyed Se Chan and paid attention to the lyrics.

apeul ttae juk sadajumyeon (you brought me porridge when I was ill)
igeon nugurado ohae hajanha (anyone would get the wrong idea)
naega johahaneun gwajakkajin (you even remembered my favorite snack)
kieokhaji marayaji (I really wish you hadn't)
sasil keugeo sirheohae (I actually don't like that snack)

"When we were in Mongolia, I offered her a snack. She refused to eat it but I clearly remembered her enjoying that snack. Now I know the reason." She mumbled but it was already audible for Se Chan.

"Now you know who she's singing thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter