23- (fun) Meeting

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Surprise!" She was startled with the voices she heard, so she turned around.

"Kamjjakiya! Kwang Soo–ya, Se Chan–a? Ige mwoya?" She pointed at her car that's full of balloons floating.

"Were you surprised?" Kwang Soo asked while smiling at her.

"What's this?" She turned around, but Se Chan ran towards her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Noona, this is a gift!" Se Chan laughed awkwardly. Ji Hyo knew something was off, so she pushed him aside and checked inside the car.

"Rapper Ji Hyo, hwaiting!"

"Jeon So Min?" Her eyes widened after finding So Min holding a bouquet of choco pie in her car.
  
   
  

  
   
"Rapper Ji Hyo you can do it, there's nothing you can't do, come on, let's get it!" She cheered for her before handing her the bouquet.

"Ige mwoya, So Min–a? How did you got here?" She was flustered with the situation.

"An encouragement gift? I noticed that you're nervous, so I prepared this. How did I get here? Uhm, I entered from the back part of the car." She cheerfully explained. "Keurigo, I'm sorry if your staff had to fool you. If they didn't, this wouldn't have happened."

Ji Hyo looked around and her staff were nowhere to be found. Only Se Chan and Kwang Soo were there, but they're standing quite far from them.

"Isn't this too much?" Ji Hyo was examining the contents of the bouquet and roaming her eyes inside the van.

"Is it? Let me explain, unnie. You see I put choco pie there because you need sweets to have some energy later. Eat only one and drink water too—not the cola or else your throat will be sore." Ji Hyo raised her head and met with her eyes.

"Gomawo. Thank you for doing this. You know how much I hate sweet gestures like this… it makes me cringe. But you're so sincere that I find this gesture sweet instead of cringey."

"I told you, unnie. I'll make you fall for me, even if there's no assurance." So Min lowered her head as she said the last line.

"So Min–a—" So Min's phone rang.

"Jamsimanyo, unnie." She picked up the call. "Yeobose—"

"So Min–a, your parents are coming towards here!" Se Chan whispered on the phone. So Min's eyes widened and ran behind the hood of the car to take a peek on the location of her parents.

"So Min–a, what's happening?" Ji Hyo worriedly asked her. So Min stood up and approached her.

"Unnie, joiseongheyo. Can we hide the bouquet in the car?"

"Wae? Wae? Are there paparazzis?"

"My parents are near." Both of them panicked, and Ji Hyo immediately opened the door of her car to hide the bouquet.

"So Min–i!" So Min's father called her. The two women froze on their feet. They were both holding the bouquet, and the door of the car was half closed.

"Unnie, can you do it alone? I'll have to face them." So Min whispered. Ji Hyo nodded carefully as a response. So Min composed herself first before turning around.

"Oh? Appa! Eomma! You're here!"

"Keurom! We're here to support our eldest daughter! Keundae, what's wrong over there? Do you need help? I saw Kwang Soo and Se Chan—"

"Annyeonghaseyo!" The two guys interrupted So Min's father.

"Oh? You're here. Hoksi, didn't you see these two women struggle a while ago?" Se Chan and Kwang Soo's eyes widened. Se Chan nudged Kwang Soo, sending him a signal to respond to his question.

"Ah jinjjayo? Mianhaeyo, we weren't able to notice them because of our conversation." They bowed their heads.

"Ani gwaenchanha. I hope next time you'll be more attentive."

"Yeobo, why are you scolding Se Chan–i and Kwang Soo–ssi? They just didn't see our daughter and Ji Hyo–ssi, machi?" So Min's mom butted in.

"Ne, gwaenchanhayo abeonim, eommonim. Besides, So Min–i helped me." Ji Hyo shyly responded, which made So Min smile.

"Aigoo! I wish you good luck for later. But aren't you supposed to be inside already?"

"Yeah, we need to, appa. Keurom, we'll have to go inside." So Min held Ji Hyo's hand with her right hand, and waved to her parents using her other hand.

"Annyeong! See you later." They immediately left the scene before So Min's parents interrogate them more.

"Uri ttal surely found a sister in Song Ji Hyo–ssi." So Min's mother said.

"I like her anyways." The father shrugged and wrapped his hand around her wife and led her in the venue.
      
  
  
 
 
    

 
"There's a spy among you." Jae Seok read the cue card that the PD handed. Complaints can be heard from the members as they all wanted to perform what they have been preparing for over three months.

"Is this a regular shoot?" So Min asked.

"What will you do if we make mistakes on stage?" Jae Seok expressed his worry about the mission.

"I can't believe that there's a spy when we prepared so hard." Jong Kook said.

"Oh!" Haha exclaimed. "Ji Hyo used a different waiting room."

"Why did you use a different waiting room than us?" Seok Jin interrogated her.

"Ani… ani oppa. It's not me." She rejected their allegations.

"Ji Hyo–ya, you look nervous."

"Why are you stammering?" They continue cornering her.

"Everybody is listening, so I can't talk." She defended herself.

"For your information, fans in the audience know who the spy is." The PD informed them.

"Jeo anijyo?" Ji Hyo was asking for sympathy from the audience who were watching them via livestream.

After informing the members about the spy mission, another mission was also announced. The members had to choose a box that contained their shirts, which would determine whether or not they could continue wearing their outfits or change into prison outfits.  Haha, Jong Kook and Jae Seok picked the box with Seok Jin's shirt, meaning they are going to wear the prison outfit.  However, due to the additional rule, where the audience's cheer must be audible in their waiting room, Jae Seok was chosen (the cheers aren't loud) by the audience. Therefore, Haha and Jong Kook and the rest could wear their outfits.

The fanmeeting formally started with them performing the opening song, followed by their individual/team performances. The members were preoccupied with practicing their performances while waiting for their turn, and finding out who among them is the spy. Regardless of the anxiety, the members were able to finish the first half of the concert. They headed to their respective teams in the waiting area.

The second half of the concert, where thy will perform their collaboration performances. Pink Nose Light (Seok Jin, Kwang Soo and APink) will be the first performer, followed by HyoChan Park (Ji Hyo, Se Chan, Nucksal, and Code Kunst), Jeon SORAN and Yoo Jae Seok (Jae Seok, So Min, and SORAN), and lastly F-Killer (Jong Kook, Haha, and Gummy).

While waiting for their turn in the waiting area, So Min was focused on HyoChan Park's performances. There was a camera filming them, and it caught So Min's big reactions towards their performance.

"Wow, D-Day!"

"Ah! Kwiyowo!" Her reaction after Se Chan came out and started rapping.

"Oooooh!" She pointed her finger when Ji Hyo finally came up.

"Meos-ssida, unnie! Wow!" She was so proud of her that she couldn't help but smile all the time. "The lift was a great idea."

When their secret weapon, Yoon Mirae a.k.a. Tasha came out, Young Bae called So Min's attention and pointed at the stage. So Min was speechless.

"Wow!" She kept on repeating. She was so elated and was vibing with them.

The performance ended and So Min's energy was still high from their performance.

"Wow! Wooh! HyoChan Park! Woah! So cool!" She gave a thumbs up and was hyped cheering on them.

"Jeon SORAN and Yoo Jae Seok please be on standby, you'll go next." The staff told them.

HyoChan Park's performance and mini interview was over, they waited for their turn backstage as the staffs were preparing the instruments. Their VTR was playing while the stage was busy with the instruments. After the staffs were done, they finally came out and stood in their positions. So Min was supposed to be less nervous since Ji Hyo couldn't watch her, because she has to dress up for the next stage, but her parents were there so she's nervous that her parents will hear the song she wrote.



 

After their collaboration performances, the members immediately went to dress up for the group dance and the theme song finale performances.

"Unnie, you did great! Daebak!" So Min raised her thumbs up, but Ji Hyo seemed timid. Ji Hyo was doing final touches with her make-up, when So Min arrived in the waiting room after their performance.

"Unnie, gwaenchanhayo? You look more tense." So Min expresed her worry for the older woman as they're having their make-up retouched.

"I'm so nervous, So Min–a. What if I mess up?" Ji Hyo exhaled and bit her lips.

"Aniya, unnie. I know you can nail this performance. You did great a while ago! I'm a fan." So Min did her best to cheer her up. Ji Hyo smiled a bit because of her words of affirmation, but it immediately faded when she remembered about the upcoming performance.

"You know I'm not like you, right? I can't dance well like you."

"You are not like me, yes. But you've practiced so hard, for this moment. You know what, unnie, you just have to believe in yourself. I believe in you too, unnie." She held her hand.

Their staffs who witnessed the scene were smiling behind their face masks.

   

      
  
   
The members were able to perfectly execute the group dance. Unexpectedly, they did a group hug after the performance. It turns out they were emotional, especially Ji Hyo. They also sang 'I Like It', their theme song for their final performance.

After their final performance, it's time to find out who the spy was. It turns out only Jong Kook guessed it correctly, and the rest of the members' guesses were incorrect. As a result, Ji Hyo, So Min, Haha, and Kwang Soo got the penalty of the whipped cream after selecting the spoon with the blue marks.

"Everyone you were with us today. We'll say goodbye now. Yeorobun, gomabseubnida! " They thanked all the fans who came to the fanmeeting.
      
       
      
        
     
   
  
"Congratulations everyone for the successful fanmeeting!" The PD congratulated them. They all clapped their hands.

"Our three months of hard work is now over! I will not be at home once this episode will air." Jae Seok said, making everyone laugh.

"Aigoo! You're having separation anxiety, hyung!" Haha, who was beside him shook his shoulder and hugged him. The members also went to have a group hug.

"Why are we suddenly clingy with each other?" Kwang Soo said while wiping his entire face after he washed off the whipped cream.

"Kwang Soo hyung, why are you teary-eyed? Do you find this moment touching?" Se Chan . The taller hyung headlocked him, making him squeal.

"I'm excited for the after-party!" So Min said while also cleaning her face.

"If there's someone who's really excited, it's Ji Hyo noona." Kwang Soo revealed.

"Yah! Lee Kwang Soo!" Ji Hyo pointed her index finger at him. "Hajima!"

"I won't talk about it. I will reveal this next filming."

"Seok Jin hyung please say something." Jong Kook nudged the eldest member.

"Mwo? What do you want me to say?" He was poking his nose using the back of his finger.

"Ai hyung! Why are you being like this? Are you crying?" Jae Seok .

"Sasil, Seok Jin hyung said something a while ago." Se Chan said.

"What is it?"

"I think he wants to cry, but when he saw Ji Hyo noona crying he told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter