18- Are you brave too?

MONGDOL: Confess Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Min was breathing heavily as she gazed at her with all sincerity and admiration. However, Ji Hyo, whose eyes are wide-open, couldn't believe what she just heard from So Min. She never thought that So Min feels this way towards her.

"Wait— Hold on… So Min–a, you said what?" Her brows furrowed.

"Unnie, I said I like you." So Min chuckled, but deep inside she wanted to pee in her shorts because of nervousness.

"Can you clarify that? What kind of 'like' do you mean… I'm confused."

"I like you… not as my unnie, but as…" She inhaled deeply. "... as someone whom I want to date."

Ji Hyo went silent as she was absorbing and comprehending the revelation So Min just said. So Min found the deafening silence unbearable and continued what she was saying.

"To be honest, unnie, you are the person whom I want to spend time with after work or if I don't have any work. I want to watch movies with you, exchange sweet messages with you. I want to be a part of your day, where I'll message you 'good morning' as you start your day, and send you 'good night' as you end your day. Or who knows I could also come over and bring or cook you food." She wrinkled her nose and gave a satisfied smile as she imagines.

"So Min–a…"

"Ne, unnie?"

"Why me? When? How? I don't understand." Ji Hyo shook her head as she was very confused on what response she should tell her.

"Why you? I also don't know, unnie. I mean, I have always liked guys. I just broke up with my ex, you know that. But, I don't know when. I just realized that I like you. And it's getting deeper as days pass by. That's why, I can only say that the reason why I like you is because that's what my heart feels for you." She gave it her all in explaining her feelings for her. However, she wasn't expecting Ji Hyo to coldly stare at her.

"Hoksi, isn't it because of how I treat you, So Min–a? Isn't that because you misunderstood my actions towards you? You assumed and put meaning to my actions?"

So Min bit her lower lip, harder, to stop her tears from pouring. She was so confident a while ago, not until Ji Hyo brought up this question, which blew half of her confidence away.

"Unnie, I also thought about that. Maybe the reason why I fell for you is because you are kind to me. It's actually pathetic of me, right? To think that you treat me the same way you treat other people around you…" She blinked numerous times as tears are forcing its way out of her eyes.

"But please believe me when I say that I already warned and did everything to hold back myself, but I failed. The more I warn myself, the more I fall for you." She gasped for air.

"Mianhaeyo, So Min–a. I… I don't know what to say." So Min felt a pang on her chest. 

She admits that she was expecting Ji Hyo to react positively, but her pessimist self already told her otherwise.

"Gwaenchanhayo unnie. I know that it's hard to accept and believe what I said. Geokchonghajimaseyo, unnie. I already knew that this would happen. I prepared for this." She chuckled while her face was drowned with tears. She wiped her face using the back of her hand.

Feeling sorry, Ji Hyo tried to wipe away the tears rolling on her cheeks, but So Min avoided her.

"So Min–a, jinjja mianhaeyo. It's not my intention to hurt you. But I think—"

"Please unnie. Please don't say it." She squeezed her eyes close, begging for her to not say those words. "Unnie, I understand. I have already accepted it. I don't want to force you if you don't want me to pursue you, unnie."

"So Min–ah, mianhaeyo jinjja." Ji Hyo's eyes are also becoming red, so she lowered her head for So Min not to see her reaction.

Ji Hyo hates to hurt people, but it's unavoidable, especially if it's for the best, even if it's So Min.

"Gwaenchanhayo, jinjja. But can I ask you a favor, unnie?" So Min managed to force a smile.

"What is it?"

"Please read the letter behind the frame when I already left. It's past 12 AM and it's not your birthday anymore." Ji Hyo immediately checked So Min's gift and found a white envelope glued behind the painting.

"Keurom, unnie. Happy birthday once again. Kalkkeyo." She smiled bitterly and bowed at her. With a heavy heart, she left the room.

Ji Hyo exhaled the oxygen she had been holding in since a while ago. She couldn't breathe properly. She feels suffocated with the confession So Min just said to her. Her eyes are welling up, and she didn't notice that she's starting to cry.

"Noona— gwaenchanhayo?" She quickly wiped her face when she heard Kwang Soo's voice.

"Oh? Kwang Soo–ya, you're here? Why?" She sniffed and wiped her nose.

"I brought your gifts— are you crying?" Kwang Soo noticed her at the speed of light and immediately came closer to her and hugged her.

"Yah! What are you doing!? I'm not crying, i–baboya!" She hits his arms, which made Kwang Soo flinch, but he only squeezed her in return. Surprising, Ji Hyo didn't fight back and let him hug her instead.

"Noona, I saw So Min crying when she got out of here, did something happen?"

"Kwang Soo–ya, am I that bad when I rejected her confession?" Kwang Soo was caressing Ji Hyo's hair, but he halted upon hearing Ji Hyo's question.

"She confessed to you? About what?" He acted like he didn't knew what happened.

"She confessed to me. She said she likes me."

"Keuromyo, she likes you."

"You know!?" Ji Hyo pulled away from him.

"Ani! Keurom, she likes you! You're her unnie, and you take care of her!" Kwang Soo panicked.

"But it's not like that!" Ji Hyo massaged her temples, while Kwang Soo is immersing himself in his acting. "So Min said she likes me more than just her unnie. She wants to date me."

"Mwo!? So min–i micheosseo!? She said that!?" Kwang Soo sounded so exaggerated, but not for Ji Hyo. It was just a natural reaction, especially when you said it to your best friend or siblings.

"I feel sorry for her." Ji Hyo sighed.

"Waeyo noona? Seolma…" Kwang Soo's eyes widened.






"Aish! Ji Hyo–ya ireona! We're here!" Jong Kook was waking up Ji Hyo, who was drunk and asleep in his car.

"Aigoo these two! Yah! Lee Kwang Soo! Don't come out of the car or else we'll leave you here!" Jae Seok pushed Kwang Soo back in the backseat and closed the door.

"Jae Seok hyung, I called Seong Moon and he's on his way here to get the gifts." Se Chan, who was driving Jong Kook's car, informed him.

The three of them were the only people who were conscious after Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo passed out after becoming drunk. Minutes later, Seong Moon arrived and helped them transfer the gifts to their house.

"You finished early hyungnim?" Seong Moon asked them while carrying her noona's gifts.

"What are you talking about—early? Yah! Seong Moon–a, it's already 3 AM." Jae Seok answered him.

"Ne. It's still early." Seong Moon casually said.

"It's still early, hyung. We usually go home at 4-5 AM." Se Chan seconded.

"Aigoo! You still don't understand me because you aren't married yet." He nagged at them.

They entered the house and was surprised to see Ji Hyo's father, sitting in one of the sofas.

"Annyeonghaseyo Seong Im abeonim." They respectfully bowed at the siblings' father.

"Aigooya! What is the National MC doing here carrying some bags and boxes?"

"Aigoo! Abeonim, gwaenchanhayo. We just had fun with Ji Hyo on her birthday."

"That girl! She's already 40 b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter