Ch. 8 - You Are A Gift

MEET YOU AGAIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure to work?" Minah asked while applying the ointment on Ahyoung's neck.

"If I hadn't come, he would have thought that I was what he thought." Ahyoung frowned a little with pain. "I'm not the type of girl who is desperate." She boasts.

"You said your body hurts. Can you even move with your shoulders like that?"

Ahyoung touched her shoulder, "Last night painless. But when I woke up, I suddenly felt my whole body crumbled and I just saw my shoulder leaving a bruise when I showered this morning."

Minah sighs, "How can you be so good at helping others?" She quipped.

Ahyoung chuckled, "Dongmin Oppa asked me to came early because he had to take his mother to the hospital. So I still have to go." 

"I think you need this." Minah lent her a small scarf at work. "I still can't imagine someone doing this to you."

She checked it in the mirror and held her pains a few moments after applying the ointment.

"I will be okay. I'm more upset because this will leave a scar." She sighs and took her bag, "Then I'll go first."

"Be Careful! Don't help anyone carelessly!" Minah grumpy. "And don't forget to apply the ointment again later."

"Ne!" She shouted as getting out from the door.

Ahyoung was getting nervous when arrived at the workplace. Does she have to act normal or apologize to him but what's for? She doesn't like being in an awkward situation. 

She went inside and saw Dongmin who was happy to see her coming.

"Ahyoung! Ahh... I am sorry.." Dongmin came to her and felt bad for her.

She shook her head slowly, "It's okay Oppa, then hurry up. Your mother must be waiting."

"Yes." he immediately took the bag without changing clothes and said goodbye to her.

After Dongmin left, Ahyoung changed clothes and greeted the staff who was one shift with Dongmin before. She looked in the mirror and saw the scar on her neck was too visible, she draped a patterned silk scarf around her neck which then formed a ribbon on the side like an accessory. Thanks to Minah...

"Ahyoung, Dongmin Hyung said please separate expired items and replace them with new ones. Especially the onigiri on display in front." 

Ahyoung nodded at the staff. She looked at the watch in her hand, only two hours left that she would meet Sehun.

She took a deep breath and decided to finish her work immediately instead of thinking about what she should do later.

She focused on her work, occasionally holding her shoulder which sometimes felt painful, it might take several days to heal. She wants to lie down.

She brought new items to the shelf then squatted down to place one by one in the empty row.

"Ahyoung, My shift is over. I'll go home.." 

She looked at the watch and nodded to the staff, and that meant Sehun would come soon.

Not long, the bell rang made her glanced towards the door and saw Sehun appear there. She automatically stood up and they looked at each other. 

She lowered her gazed and looked at him again. opened like she wanted to say something but she hesitated and pressed her lips tight. 

Sehun seemed to have nothing to say, he was rolling his eyes and went to the staff room directly to change clothes.

She gulps and feels awkward. She continued her work and tried not to think about it. But she couldn't.

Sehun came out of the staff room and looked after the cashier. Ahyoung who had finished her work came over to him and ventured to greet him first.

"You come.."

Sehun glanced at her and gave "hmm" as the answered. He noticed the scarf on her neck, he thought that she tried to be fashionable. 

"You know, accessories are forbidden while working." His voice was a little stiff but he just wanted to tell the rules. 

She looked at her neck, touched her scarf, she doesn't know how to say it. "I will take it off later."

Sehun just ignored her after that. She bit her lip, confused to say what was on her mind or not. She finally starting open , "About yesterday.." she looked doubtfully at him who opened the drawer to exchange bill papers. He seemed unmoved by her words. "I don't know. It just happened like that.."

"You told me yesterday, right?" He asked like it's not a big deal. 

"But, you're like accusing me..." 

"I just asked you." He answered easily without looking at her face. 

She played with her fingers while occasionally looking at him, "And the way you say it...hurts me," 

"I don't like you dealing with anyone around me, because yesterday was an incident so I'll ignore it." His words were cold and he didn't even care as she said that she was hurt by his accusation yesterday.

"Okay." She replied to him. "So, we are cool right?" She asked as she raised her eyebrows.

He turned at her and nodded casually. She smiled as if forgetting that he had hurt her. She was just happy to not be awkward with him and returned as usual.

"I will treat you a Chestnut!" She said excitedly.

"No need." 

"You will still eat them" she and go outside when she sees the goods delivery car coming. 

Sehun quietly watched her, her face brightened instantly, reminding him of the face she had made last night. To be honest, he was a little surprised, he thought his words were normal, but when their eyes met and he knew that if he hurt her, it made him stunned. 

Ahyoung counted the number of boxes and types of goods, then recorded the report. Today the shop is a little busy too, lots of new stuff are coming and they are both a little overwhelmed.

"Chestnut..." She came from outside while running a little with a loud voice and was happy to give it to him that standing behind the cashier's desk.

He wanted to reject it but he was quite hungry. He refused it first because he knew she would force him so he deliberately refused it until finally, she forced him to accept them.

"It's because you forced me-" He threw his gaze to the other way.

She doesn't say anything and just laughs as nodded.

"Be careful, don't drop it again."

"I am not." He showed it to her to make sure her and eat his chestnuts without getting troubled. 

She smiled as watched him for a long time with adoring eyes. She remembered Jiyoon who said everything about Sehun who sent the original video. She did not believe that he did it for her. Is it true for her?

She wanted to ask but she hesitated. Sehun might avoid her or deny her or give reasons she doesn't want to hear.

Her eyes flickered when he turned to her, she looked away even though she had been caught staring at him.

Someone came making them think it was a customer but it turned out to be the store area manager and their supervisor. They immediately greeted while tidying themselves.

"I just want to have a look-" Manager Kim said looking at the two who tried to be polite. "I heard from your supervisor, you guys are almost on target. "

They both nodded together as their supervisor feels proud.

Manager Kim pointed on her scarf, "You know, it does not belong to the uniform."

Sehun glanced at her that glanced at him too. He looked like he already told her. 

"Then let's go to the storage room-" Manager Kim said to the supervisor. 

Their supervisor directed Manager Kim to follow him and gave her a sign to take the scarf off.

She gets him and touched her scarf. "I am sorry.." she immediately pulled the ribbon and took it off. 

"I told you." He boasts.

She held her neck feeling uncomfortable with the condition of her neck. 

He noticed her scars around her neck that she tried to cover. He turned his gaze, he tried to ignore it but he took a glanced at her occasionally.

Their shift will end soon, they recapitulate income and equalize the amount of data with the money received. 

"Our data shift has been closed," Ahyoung told him after finishing closing their data shift on the computer.

He nodded.

She yawned, "Ahhh... I want to lay down.." she went to the staff room and Sehun follows her behind.

She looked tired and stretched several times. She held her shoulder while frowning as if she was in pain. He noticed all.

They went to their lockers, Ahyoung has no energy to change her clothes and cover it with a coat. She glanced at Sehun that suddenly opened his clothes there. She covered her eyes immediately, "Sehun! Why did you change here?"

He glanced at her casually, "I am always changing here. You are the one who never saw it-"

She glanced silently and felt nervous. He has a sturdy back and cleans white skin. But, she still felt like the opportunity. She pretended to be calm and applied ointment to the small wound spots on her neck. She does not feel too sore as before.

Sehun noticed her on the reflection of the mirror hanging on his behind locker door. After finishing changing clothes, he closed his locker door. Then, leave the room without saying anything to her.

Ahyoung turned at him and immediately put on her scarf. She snorted when she felt her nose runny and raised her scarf to half the face. 

She followed Sehun who had walked away from the convenience store. 

"Oh Sehun, wait for me!" She ran a little to match her pace but he didn't stop walking.

She put her hands into her coat pocket after successfully being beside him. She turned her head to him and said nothing.

They fell silent with each other in the snowfall. To break the silence, she made a conversation. She couldn't help saying this even though it was quite late. 

"Oh Sehun.," she called him.

"Ng?"

She glanced at him, "Thank you.."

Hearing that made him automatically know which way she meant to say.

"I have no idea you were the video sender." She continued as looking down.

He stopped walking and looked at her like it wasn't something big. "I have my reasons"

She lifted her face and looked at his eyes. Seeing his expression, she did not want to hear it. "Can I .. I didn't hear that?" She hesitated and stammered. She wanted to know it before, but now she doesn't care. 

"My goal after graduating from school is to enter the police academy, I want to become a police officer." He said without hesitation. "Although I don't like dealing with other people. Seeing the evidence of a crime in front of me, of course, I have to act."

She blinked. She never thought he would tell about his dreams. Maybe he didn't say things as he thought about her or painful reasons like she thought. Being part of someone who is told about his dreams, is a special thing. She seems to be part of it.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked with a scarred face.

She turned around and walked in a good atmosphere. "No, I'm just glad you told me."

"Tsk." He gave a strange look and continued walking behind her. She turned her head, although covered with a scarf, he knew that she smiled.

"That's cool. Your dream..." She said. When he heard her about a dream.. he never thought about it as a dream. He just simply want it...

"What are you excited about?" He wonders looked at her mood raised, his face that was not covered by scarf made smoke come out of his mouth while opened.

"Talking about a dream." She steals a glanced at him. "I want to be an architect." She continued.

He wasn't responding to her but he listened to her. She seems confident about her dream. Their foots made a sound in every step on the snow that spills on the road.

She started to told her story, "My grandfather is an architect as well. When I was stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter